Old 02-15-2009, 06:25 PM   #31
Robeyone

Robeyone's Gamercard
Backscratcher 10G
Complete any Campaign Mission in Co-op Mode
See OMG BFF FTW

OMG BFF FTW 40G
Complete entire Campaign in Co-op Mode
Play the whole campaign co-op. It is best to just play Legendary with a buddy all the way through the campaign.

Playin' the Field 15G
Win a Skirmish Game with every Leader
There are 6 leader's total. Play against easy bots in skirmish once with each leader and grab yourself this one.

Gallivant around the Galaxy 25G
Win a game on every Skirmish Map
There are 14 skirmish maps. Beat an easy bot on each map and this one is yours.

Empire Builder 5G
Win a game in every Skirmish Game Mode
Pretty silly achievement. There are only 2 game modes in skirmish - Standard and deathmatch. This WILL be the same in the full game.

Titan 15G
Get 20,000 points in any Skirmish Game
Do this on normal or heroic on a 1v1. Take them down to 1 base and just keep picking off units until you base score is around 6000 points. Then finish the game, and with the multiplier you should have 20000 points.

Big Al's Scooter 10G
Win a Heroic Skirmish Game against the AI in under 10 minutes
Use Forge and rush to Max Warthogs, I did that and beat the Heroic AI with under 10 units in the same achievement.

Build Strategy (This will take a couple of tries)
1. You use Forge, let the covenant use the Arbiter.
2. Build all Supply Pads
3. Upgrade your Base
4. Build another supply pad and then two reactors
5. Upgrade both reactors
6. Upgrade Warthogs to full
7. Build 9 Warthogs

I did this on the Bloodgulch Map and used my 1 warthog to also collect supplies which is VERY KEY. Look all around your area, there are supply boxes everywhere.

My Virtual Friends Love Me 10G
Win a 3v3 Skirmish game with 2 AI Allies
Start up a match in local skirmish and set yourself 2 AI allies against 3 EASY bots. This should be quite simple aslong as you know what your doing.

Walk-Off Winner 30G
Use one of the 6 Major Leader Powers to destroy an enemy's last unit
Total humiliation. Play the Arbiter and let them be UNSC, choose easy difficulty. Build a couple of Hunters while you scout thier base with the Arbiter, then when you have two hunters warp them to that arbiter (using the teleport pad). Attack the base and try to save any units they have. Once the base is down hit Y with the arbiter and use his special power to take out all the units (Tell the Hunters to return to base).

2 Bugs are Better Than 1 10G
Win a Skirmish Game with Dual Scarabs
Play on Easy and choose deathmatch. Take base sites right away with only a couple of hunters and your arbiter. Then once you have a PopCap of 50 build two scarabs and tear it up.

Penny Pincher 10G
Get a winning High Score with 10 or less Squads against the Heroic AI
See Big AI's Scooter

N00b n0 M0r3 10G
Win a Matchmade Skirmish Game on Xbox LIVE
Load up Xbox Live and get connected with some n00bs. Just simply win an Xbox Live match.

So Lonely at the Top 20G
Win and have the Highest Score in a Matchmade Skirmish Game on Xbox LIVE
Easy won on live with the highest score.

Basically Naive 10G
Obtain the Recruit Rank on Xbox LIVE
Win 1 game and it's yours

Officer on Deck 30G
Obtain the Lieutenant Rank on Xbox LIVE
You need to play a lot of games.

Running the Show 50G
Obtain the General Rank on Xbox LIVE
You need to play A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT of games. This will take you months.

Alas, Poor Andrew Thomas 5
Collect your first Skull
See below

Graverobber 30G
Collect all Skulls
Sorry guys still gotta keep these a secret.

Halo Academic 15G
Unlock 20 Timeline Events
See Halo Historian

Halo Historian 40G
Unlock All Timeline Events
You need to get all the black boxes (sorry gotta keep locations a secret), play on all maps, play all the heroes, get all the sub mission objectives, and play both deathmatch and normal.

Ready for the Sequel 75G
100% Completion
Unlock all the achievements minus general, and punctual.

24 Hours of Quality 20G
Play Halo Wars for at least 24 Total Hours
You will get this while unlocking your achievements. If not leave it overnight for a while on a skirmish match on easy and all upgraded units sitting just outside of the front of a single covenant base.
Robeyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #32
woof1989

Woooof's Gamercard
Is the ranking system trueskill or points?

That's all I want to know ;(
woof1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:39 AM   #33
Robeyone

Robeyone's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by woof1989 View Post
Is the ranking system trueskill or points?

That's all I want to know ;(
Points to get the actual ranks.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:50 AM   #34
General Khazard

Sangheilioz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeyone View Post
Points to get the actual ranks.
Awesome, then General will just take time.
General Khazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:06 AM   #35
pX I Atticus

dI Atticus Ib's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Khazard View Post
Hate to be a nitpicker, but Ensemble has confirmed that the UNSC and the Covenant are the only available factions. The different leaders just offer you different bonuses/powers/specialty units. THE FLOOD ARE NOT PLAYABLE!

Also, I think a month in advance is a bit early for writing a guide... Good effort though.
FLOOD DLC maybe??? what ya guys think???

pX I Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:32 AM   #36
SideDish120

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
How did this go from a nice early guide post to a hateful orgy?
Give the guy a break. Who cares. If someone is a pirate then they are. Thats one thing I don't like about this site. Can't accuse people of doing something. (past experience)Other then that. By all means. I love this site.
SideDish120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:18 AM   #37
General Khazard

Sangheilioz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pX I Atticus View Post
FLOOD DLC maybe??? what ya guys think???
Not gunna happen. Balance would be a big issue, especially since flood "structures" can't be killed/destroyed, just temporarily beaten into a dormant state. The flood are, essentially, environmental hazards. That's how they're being treated in this game, anyway.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #38
TG Maduin

TG Maduin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Robeyone: Where did you learn that the mission score is calculated based on your kill/death ratio? It's part of the truth, but you also score points for completing objectives and completing the level as fast as possible. Just think that your description of "Momma's boy" is a bit misleading.

Same goes for "Epic grinder". I don't think you can replay the first level over and over again for this one. The highest score for each level is counted towards your life time score. And the scores for each level are individual for each difficuly. So all in all you can spread you points out on diffrent levels, but it's not true that every time you play a level iit counts towards your life time score (only if you beat your original score, and then only the diffrence)

http://maduin.se
TG Maduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #39
General Khazard

Sangheilioz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG Maduin View Post
Robeyone: Where did you learn that the mission score is calculated based on your kill/death ratio? It's part of the truth, but you also score points for completing objectives and completing the level as fast as possible. Just think that your description of "Momma's boy" is a bit misleading.

Same goes for "Epic grinder". I don't think you can replay the first level over and over again for this one. The highest score for each level is counted towards your life time score. And the scores for each level are individual for each difficuly. So all in all you can spread you points out on diffrent levels, but it's not true that every time you play a level iit counts towards your life time score (only if you beat your original score, and then only the diffrence)
You just made my day. Take THAT, achievement grinders!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 04:54 PM   #40
Robeyone

Robeyone's Gamercard
Wink

Quote:

Look at where I work
Old 02-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #41
NFaMuS one

NFaMuS one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Somewhat of a nice start to a guide, but what about the rules to writing an achievement guide? To me, it doesn't look like those were followed.

Infected Kill Count:
166,144+
Zombie Apocalypse Survival Rate: 100%
NFaMuS one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #42
Robeyone

Robeyone's Gamercard
Quote:

I saw something in here I wanted to answer as well.

I would say doing the bonus objective is always good, but don't worry about the Par time. I got about 80,000 points per level just killing things and doing bonus objectives.

Not to be a prude but I do HAVE all the achievements don't I :P
Old 02-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #43
NFaMuS one

NFaMuS one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:

I would say doing the bonus objective is always good, but don't worry about the Par time. I got about 80,000 points per level just killing things and doing bonus objectives.

Valid point. You should've started this guide then, lol. Even still, it's looking like a good guide, so I must give credit where credit is due. Kudos!

Infected Kill Count:
166,144+
Zombie Apocalypse Survival Rate: 100%

Last edited by NFaMuS one; 02-16-2009 at 09:41 PM.
NFaMuS one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:21 PM   #44
TG Maduin

TG Maduin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:

I checked your profile AFTER I posted. But it really wasn't the matter.

The thing is that I just think you should make a proper description. You surely can get the points by doing what you say, I just thought that your description was misleading in the way that one might get the idea that the system for awarding points in the game is "all about kill/death ratio". This might very well be the easiest way to obtain gold, but then that should be declared properly so that as few misunderstandings as possible can occur.

Since many people have very diffrent experienses of gamerscore boosting some might be confused if you don't mind your wording. Cause in many games you can do the same level over and over again for grinding purposes, and as I read your post I got the impression that this would apply for this game as well.

Anyways. I just wanted to point out the importance of being clear when writing a guide. Especially now when there's not that many people that can question your word because they don't have the game yet. Otherwise I myself am very thankful for your guide, so thank you for the good work.

http://maduin.se
TG Maduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:49 PM   #45
Shadowswords

shadowswords1's Gamercard
Wow you invested alot of time into this! Good job except for one thing i could have read this onX360A.org (beastlyist site ever) about a week after the game comes out

Shadowswords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:05 AM   #46
Robeyone

Robeyone's Gamercard
Quote:
I checked your profile AFTER I posted. But it really wasn't the matter.

The thing is that I just think you should make a proper description. You surely can get the points by doing what you say, I just thought that your description was misleading in the way that one might get the idea that the system for awarding points in the game is "all about kill/death ratio". This might very well be the easiest way to obtain gold, but then that should be declared properly so that as few misunderstandings as possible can occur.

Since many people have very diffrent experienses of gamerscore boosting some might be confused if you don't mind your wording. Cause in many games you can do the same level over and over again for grinding purposes, and as I read your post I got the impression that this would apply for this game as well.

Anyways. I just wanted to point out the importance of being clear when writing a guide. Especially now when there's not that many people that can question your word because they don't have the game yet. Otherwise I myself am very thankful for your guide, so thank you for the good work.
Of course, and I am sorry if I came across as arrogant. I was just appending information to the original posters guide, I wasn't trying to write one myself. I was honestly just trying to help
Old 02-17-2009, 02:50 PM   #47
Tiberian

Tiberian's Gamercard
@Robeyone

I'm interested in how Xbox Live works in Halo Wars. Can you play matchmaking with friends or can you only play player made matches with friends and with matchmaking, you are randomly paired up with other players?
Old 02-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #48
Robeyone

Robeyone's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian View Post
@Robeyone

I'm interested in how Xbox Live works in Halo Wars. Can you play matchmaking with friends or can you only play player made matches with friends and with matchmaking, you are randomly paired up with other players?
There is both, ranked is always randomly paired. You can make your own non-ranked games of course and play with friends, but it doesn't not go towards you overall rank.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:37 PM   #49
Tiberian

Tiberian's Gamercard
Quote:
There is both, ranked is always randomly paired. You can make your own non-ranked games of course and play with friends, but it doesn't not go towards you overall rank.
I see, thanks for the info.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:17 AM   #50
x0Shinydemon0x

x0Shinydemon0x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinboy75 View Post
If I downloaded the game why on earth would I play it with a Xbox live account? That would just be stupid.

No I recieved a promocopy of the game on friday to review for xboxlife.com.

It just seems that FaW II HaVoK doesn't like people helping him with his guide, but no problemo. If you don't want me to write about I won't.
i have no problem with u contributing
im totally psyched for this game and wanna kno bout it

p.s. (i believed u)
its not cool to make false accusations.

MUFFINS!
x0Shinydemon0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:29 AM   #51
Dooms Day King

Dooms Day King's Gamercard
Great Guide, thanks for posting it up before the game is out, that way i dont mess up on an achievement

WILLING TO BOOST ANY ACHIEVEMENT AS LONG AS I H AVE THE GAME. AND IF I DONT ILL GET IT
Dooms Day King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:56 AM   #52
jaded805

jaded805's Gamercard
Hey Robeyone, does the game automatically make you play on Easy the first playthrough?

I'm on like the 5th Mission and I couldn't figure out how to change the difficulty, even starting a new campaign wouldn't allow me to.

jaded805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #53
ch9209live

Send a message via Skype™ to ch9209live

ch9209live's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaded805 View Post
Hey Robeyone, does the game automatically make you play on Easy the first playthrough?

I'm on like the 5th Mission and I couldn't figure out how to change the difficulty, even starting a new campaign wouldn't allow me to.
Choose Campain >> Difficulty! easy (or that's how it works in DEMO :P )
ch9209live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:43 PM   #54
jaded805

jaded805's Gamercard
I felt so incompotent yesterday 'cause I couldn't get it to switch.

Then today for some reason, it just switched to Normal on itself? 'Cause I know I didn't do it.

jaded805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:30 PM   #55
Robeyone

Robeyone's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaded805 View Post
I felt so incompotent yesterday 'cause I couldn't get it to switch.

Then today for some reason, it just switched to Normal on itself? 'Cause I know I didn't do it.
You just have to switch it in the main UI like it said in the post above
Old 02-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #56
Vhako

XSG Bravo's Gamercard
Quote:
You just have to switch it in the main UI like it said in the post above
Just a quick question dude, how exactly did you get Running the Show achievement in such a short space of time?
Vhako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:02 AM   #57
ch9209live

Send a message via Skype™ to ch9209live

ch9209live's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhako View Post
Just a quick question dude, how exactly did you get Running the Show achievement in such a short space of time?
i can answer for you: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=124182 (look at #7 an #15)
ch9209live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:26 PM   #58
Bubba Brad

I BuBBa BraD I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I dont understand why Havok felt the need to write this guide, his anticipation got the better of him and the guide shouldnt have even been considered until either he owned the game or it was released. Thats just my personal opinion and for me this just seems like a waste of time, original descripitions were going to obviously be poor and useless so in all it was just wasting forum space and time.

If a guide was to be done that early before a game was released then it should have been done by someone such as Tinboy, Robeyone or TG Maduin as all have played sufficient time on the game, and have all contributed to this guide anyway.

Well, thats just my personal opinion so don't flame me.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #59
Crank That Crank
Banned User

Where is the last blackbox on level 15!! thats the only one I need! DAMMIT!
You also did not state how you got Level 4 to Save Adam. I did all side missions etc. But Cargo 1 is the only one that gets killed, yet I put all my units there and a cutscene shows that it still gets killed

Last edited by Crank That Crank; 02-22-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Crank That Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #60
Robeyone

Robeyone's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank That Crank View Post
Where is the last blackbox on level 15!! thats the only one I need! DAMMIT!
You also did not state how you got Level 4 to Save Adam. I did all side missions etc. But Cargo 1 is the only one that gets killed, yet I put all my units there and a cutscene shows that it still gets killed
You can't save Cargo 1, it's scripted. As for Adam he is right next to the blackbox location in that level. There is a console there that you open and it lets him out. Just keep him alive as he walks to Cargo 2.