Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 12:03 AM   #3811
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
I like how you asked for advice of where to buy NTSC-J console, ignored our suggestions of eBay and Play-Asia because "they cost too much," then got shitty service from a cheaper place. Perhaps that extra cost is so you actually get the damn thing.

THEN you asked why a game didn't stack that had literally no reason to stack. You're winning this thread so hard. You're the new Conker. Anyone remember what happened to Conker?

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:02 AM   #3812
Viper187

NoLifeDGenerate's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
I like how you asked for advice of where to buy NTSC-J console, ignored our suggestions of eBay and Play-Asia because "they cost too much," then got shitty service from a cheaper place. Perhaps that extra cost is so you actually get the damn thing.

THEN you asked why a game didn't stack that had literally no reason to stack. You're winning this thread so hard. You're the new Conker. Anyone remember what happened to Conker?
Play-Asia doesn't offer the goddamn regular 4GB model. I believe I mentioned that. I doubt you'll find one on Ebay either. The one I got was at the japanese MSRP, as it should be. I spent $86 on shipping because I was in a fucking hurry and they sat on the order for a week. I'd say I have a right to bitch about it.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:16 AM   #3813
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
I searched ebay for "ntscj xbox 4gb" and had six results. The second one had free shipping to the US. I bet with better searching you could find even better prices on other models as well.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:02 AM   #3814
Viper187

Quote:
I searched ebay for "ntscj xbox 4gb" and had six results. The second one had free shipping to the US. I bet with better searching you could find even better prices on other models as well.
Yeah, and the prices are over $100 more than MSRP. You're not likely to see a brand new one for 200 bucks. That bullshit NCSX.com site wanted $340 (probably not counting shipping). After paying for the most expensive (and supposedly fastest) shipping available, mine was still under $300. The site was recommended by the stackables topic on PS3Trophies, which YOU suggested.

Quote:
You've received a few suggestions in the previous thread. The PS3 thread has a few more. If none of those get you the prices that you want, that's not our fault.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.

Last edited by Viper187; 07-14-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:09 AM   #3815
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

You didn't listen to the people who have actually purchased Xbox 360's from Japan, so I offered what other advice I could. I'm so deeply sorry it didn't work out for you, but get over it.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:04 AM   #3816
StayonTarget
Mr. Purple

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
I remember MOOBS. Does that count?
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=319387

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 07-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #3817
xCKJoeh153x

Send a message via AIM to xCKJoeh153x

CoolKidJoe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
Yeah, and the prices are over $100 more than MSRP. You're not likely to see a brand new one for 200 bucks. That bullshit NCSX.com site wanted $340 (probably not counting shipping). After paying for the most expensive (and supposedly fastest) shipping available, mine was still under $300. The site was recommended by the stackables topic on PS3Trophies, which YOU suggested.
So what you're telling me is you're poor and took the cheap route. Listen pal, if you want great service then expect to pay the premium, if you take the poor people route then don't be a big crybaby when things don't go your way. I've used PlayAsia's superfast international shipping before as have friends of mine and believe me it's no joke. They say 1-3 days and they mean it. As for consoles, there's tons on eBay, old models and new ones. I've gotten deals on both my NTSC-J consoles on eBay, you just need to find them. I've gotten a brand new Slim console for $239 shipped with 2 games and had questions about it so I let it sit on eBay for a whole 36 hours and my older model console for $165 shipped with a bunch of extras I just sold so the console only cost me about $120. The deals are there, sometimes you just have to wait them out.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #3818
Viper187

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCKJoeh153x View Post
So what you're telling me is you're poor and took the cheap route. Listen pal, if you want great service then expect to pay the premium, if you take the poor people route then don't be a big crybaby when things don't go your way. I've used PlayAsia's superfast international shipping before as have friends of mine and believe me it's no joke. They say 1-3 days and they mean it. As for consoles, there's tons on eBay, old models and new ones. I've gotten deals on both my NTSC-J consoles on eBay, you just need to find them. I've gotten a brand new Slim console for $239 shipped with 2 games and had questions about it so I let it sit on eBay for a whole 36 hours and my older model console for $165 shipped with a bunch of extras I just sold so the console only cost me about $120. The deals are there, sometimes you just have to wait them out.
Yeah, I'm poor. That's why I own 375 Xbox360 games right now (almost entirely bought brand new) along with 3 NTSC consoles. I'm not in the habit of paying more than things are worth. MSRP in japan (judging by amazon.co.jp) is the same as here after the currency conversion, so that's the price I expected to get it for. Excuse me for expecting FedEx International to be the same from both japanese retailers and expecting said retailers to both process orders in a reasonable amount of time. HMV sells the consoles for the same price too, but they don't offer FedEx. I sure as shit wasn't paying double the price for a Kinect bundle on Play-Asia when I despise Kinect.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Old 07-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #3819
xCKJoeh153x

Send a message via AIM to xCKJoeh153x

CoolKidJoe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
Yeah, I'm poor. That's why I own 375 Xbox360 games right now (almost entirely bought brand new) along with 3 NTSC consoles. I'm not in the habit of paying more than things are worth. MSRP in japan (judging by amazon.co.jp) is the same as here after the currency conversion, so that's the price I expected to get it for. Excuse me for expecting FedEx International to be the same from both japanese retailers and expecting said retailers to both process orders in a reasonable amount of time. HMV sells the consoles for the same price too, but they don't offer FedEx. I sure as shit wasn't paying double the price for a Kinect bundle on Play-Asia when I despise Kinect.
Sorry I take that back. I must have meant stingy.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #3820
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Best. Thread. Ever.

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Old 07-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #3821
WPC Darth Vader

MSX Vader's Gamercard
Korean, German and American stackable Games for sale

http://www.ebay.com/sch/msx-vader/m....&_trksid=p3686

Last edited by WPC Darth Vader; 07-14-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #3822
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCKJoeh153x View Post
Charging stuff to your credit card, adding to your $20,000+ debt is not the same thing as being rich. So you should probably calm down with the calling people poor thing you like to do.

But on topic, I got my jap xbox for less than $300 shipped on eBay. You just have to look around. Granted mine was an old 20gig model I am still able to play all the jap games I want.

Extremely Serious
Check out my video guide for South Park:Tenorman's Revenge. Gold Time and collectibles,Click Here
Old 07-17-2013, 06:33 AM   #3823
Coldgears

best ln philly's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDurbin View Post
Charging stuff to your credit card, adding to your $20,000+ debt is not the same thing as being rich. So you should probably calm down with the calling people poor thing you like to do.

But on topic, I got my jap xbox for less than $300 shipped on eBay. You just have to look around. Granted mine was an old 20gig model I am still able to play all the jap games I want.
Yeah and if your serious enough about achievements to buy a foreign console you can probably find someone in that region who will trade a usa box for their euro or jap box.

I have 278 completions total, and love to do stackable games.

First in the world to do both Carnival Games Taiwan and Carnival Games American.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #3824
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I know I'm not really adding anything to this discussion, and for that I apologize, but it has been over two years and that MOOBS thread is still the funniest thread I have ever read. Good times, good times indeed.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #3825
QuickMythril

QuickMythril's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldgears View Post
Yeah and if your serious enough about achievements to buy a foreign console you can probably find someone in that region who will trade a usa box for their euro or jap box.
really? cause i have a few extra NTSC/U consoles and i would absolutely trade someone for a PAL or NTSC/J console. any takers?
Old 07-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #3826
Viper187

Finally got my JPN box and waited 5 goddamn minutes for my damn gamertag to download. Now maybe I can play some EDF.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Old 07-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #3827
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

U mad bro?

Old 07-31-2013, 05:37 AM   #3828
Coldgears

best ln philly's Gamercard
Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear is coming to the UK with a different publisher on August second. I have had it preordered for a while now... I assume that if by now you guys haven't said something I should cancel it?

I have 278 completions total, and love to do stackable games.

First in the world to do both Carnival Games Taiwan and Carnival Games American.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #3829
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Well that is a brand new publisher it seems, so it's a little harder to tell. It looks like they distributed Walking Dead and that didn't stack but it was just an XBLA launcher. We'll see.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #3830
SetoChaos

Send a message via AIM to SetoChaos Send a message via MSN to SetoChaos

Kaibachaos's Gamercard
Given that Dead Rising 2: Case Zero is free on Games With Gold, would that mean that I could put gold on a Korean and Japanese account to get the stacks? I believe they were difficult to buy previously.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:40 PM   #3831
I Am4z1n9 AZ I

Amazing AZ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SetoChaos View Post
Given that Dead Rising 2: Case Zero is free on Games With Gold, would that mean that I could put gold on a Korean and Japanese account to get the stacks? I believe they were difficult to buy previously.
Good luck with creating a Korean account...

Old 07-31-2013, 10:43 PM   #3832
SetoChaos

Kaibachaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am4z1n9 AZ I View Post
Good luck with creating a Korean account...
Is that a problem? I thought that the problem was just needing a credit card to buy the game.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:50 PM   #3833
TomoyoN

TomoyoN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Is that a problem? I thought that the problem was just needing a credit card to buy the game.
Japan is the credit card one...

Korea used MSP but now you need to verify your account by using KSSN verification (and that is just to log in)...
Old 07-31-2013, 10:52 PM   #3834
I Am4z1n9 AZ I

Amazing AZ's Gamercard
Quote:
I don't know the full details but there are age restrictions over in Korea for playing Xbox 360 so you need I.D to create a Korean account.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #3835
mlkybrs r on me

Send a message via AIM to mlkybrs r on me Send a message via MSN to mlkybrs r on me

mlkybrs r on me's Gamercard
4th version of Fruit Ninja:

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Activity...areTo=MILINKYO

1496519562 = 5933138A = Y35002

Y3???? Windows 8? Title 2 wtffff

edit: its wp8: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...4-a264fde14f1f

Achievement in every game:
2262/ 2464
Follow my progress: http://www.trueachievements.com/mlkybrs+r+on+me.htm

NEW Cheats! Lego 2014 Edition - ALL 566 Cheat codes in all 13 Lego games http://goo.gl/takHIu

Last edited by mlkybrs r on me; 08-01-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #3836
LushisBobby

FoldJarl308's Gamercard
Quote:
I was wondering same too
Old 08-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #3837
Wallace Suka

Wallace Suka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
I could tell you right now that Japan will not get Dead Rising 2: Case Zero. For August 16, they will be getting an arcade game that is not rated Z (Which needs a Japanese Credit card for Z-rating games), since DR2 or LP2 was never release as GonD. And good luck getting your age verify from the Korea xbox.com website.

Last edited by Wallace Suka; 08-02-2013 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Double checking GonD games in Japan.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #3838
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Neither Japan nor Korea has any M rated games on Games on Demand so neither DR2 nor DR2 CZ will be available to gold members in these countries. Something else will be offered. And as many people already said, it is no longer possible to log in to xbox.com or Xbox Live using Korean account without verifying your age through I-Pin which in turn requires that you be a legal citizen of Korea with a security certificate issued in your name from a Korean bank. In other words, unless you are a Korean living in Korea or know someone who is willing to provide you with a lot of private information, you are just not going to be able to create or use a Korean account on Xbox ever.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #3839
SetoChaos

Kaibachaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanger View Post
Neither Japan nor Korea has any M rated games on Games on Demand so neither DR2 nor DR2 CZ will be available to gold members in these countries. Something else will be offered. And as many people already said, it is no longer possible to log in to xbox.com or Xbox Live using Korean account without verifying your age through I-Pin which in turn requires that you be a legal citizen of Korea with a security certificate issued in your name from a Korean bank. In other words, unless you are a Korean living in Korea or know someone who is willing to provide you with a lot of private information, you are just not going to be able to create or use a Korean account on Xbox ever.
Thanks for the info, guess I won't be able to unless I find a really good Korean friend then XD.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #3840
mlkybrs r on me

Send a message via AIM to mlkybrs r on me Send a message via MSN to mlkybrs r on me

mlkybrs r on me's Gamercard
POSSIBLE AUS Saints Row IV stack

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/05/sain...ional-release/

Achievement in every game:
2262/ 2464
Follow my progress: http://www.trueachievements.com/mlkybrs+r+on+me.htm

NEW Cheats! Lego 2014 Edition - ALL 566 Cheat codes in all 13 Lego games http://goo.gl/takHIu
Closed Thread