Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 05:25 PM   #3961
HamKet

Gamertag: Ham Salad

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
So basically there is only one REAL version. What is partnernet, and is the fact that anyone has it mean they somehow have it illegally?
I don't know if you ever looked into it, but Partnernet is a dev-only network to test arcade games and add-ons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PartnerNet

I just learned about this myself, so I'm just relaying what I learned. If I had access to it, I don't think I'd use my normal profile for playing games from it.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:01 AM   #3962
mcnichoj

Gamertag: mcnichoj

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamKet View Post
I don't know if you ever looked into it, but Partnernet is a dev-only network to test arcade games and add-ons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PartnerNet

I just learned about this myself, so I'm just relaying what I learned. If I had access to it, I don't think I'd use my normal profile for playing games from it.
Yea, but people that aren't developers or apart of the press get their hands on a dev console and then they leak it to the internet, then people with modded consoles play it.
Presumably the ones that don't have timestamps have modded consoles because MS detected the modification and banned the system. They get the hacked games achievements on their profile when they reconnect on their unmodded consoles which I guess they use for games with multiplayer.

Pretty dumb but some people think it makes them "cool".

“I've got time. I'm just waiting here to kill my oldest friend."
Old 06-30-2014, 08:39 AM   #3963
mcnichoj

Gamertag: mcnichoj

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Windows 8 Japanese Sudoku.
http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/ja...f-984c4b31c161

“I've got time. I'm just waiting here to kill my oldest friend."
Old 07-15-2014, 08:48 PM   #3964
Just AmazN

Gamertag: Just AmazN

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I just realized that Windows 8 and Windows Phone (WP7 and WP8) games aren't added to the current list of stackable games. I wanna make a second 'Stackable Games' thread just for em
Old 07-15-2014, 08:55 PM   #3965
yamayamayaamaa

Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa

Gamertag: yamayamayaamaa

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just AmazN View Post
I just realized that Windows 8 and Windows Phone (WP7 and WP8) games aren't added to the current list of stackable games. I wanna make a second 'Stackable Games' thread just for em
I made one for fun in the WP section but stopped updating it a while ago. If you make a new thread make it in the WP or W8 section.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:28 PM   #3966
Just AmazN

I would make a new 'Stackable Games' thread that includes all stackable (platform and regional variation) games (Xbox 360, Arcade, XBLA, GFWL, Windows 8 and Windows Phone (WP7 and WP8)), but this thread 'Stackable Games for Gamerscore (2+ Versions with Achievements)' seems to be very popular and I wouldn't want to disrespect The Pants Party. Having all these stackable games threads may become annoying though.

Now if I do make a 'Stackable Win 8 and WP games' thread I would include an Arcade (XBLA and/or GFWL) if it stacks like CarneyVale: Showtime which is for GFWL and WP(7) and Skulls of the Shogun which is for XBLA, Win 8 and WP.

The GFWL and Windows Phone versions of CarneyVale: Showtime share basically all the same achievements except for like 2, which brings me to this point...is CarneyVale: Showtime considered a true stackable or would it be considered a platform variation? I understand that Pac-Man wouldn't be considered a stackable because I think one version is totally different than the other. One is for XBLA and the other is for WP but they don't share any achievements so it would be considered a platform variation. Right?

So if a game is the same game but is available for a different platform and shares most but not all achievements, let's say another Pac-Man game, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (WP), would it be considered a stackable? There are 5 versions of this game, XBLA, Win 8, Win 8 (VAIO), Win 8 (Toshiba) and WP but only the XBLA, Win 8, Win 8 (VAIO) and Win 8 (Toshiba) versions share the same exact achievements. Another example would be Ms. Splosion Man which has 3 versions, XBLA, GFWL and WP but the XBLA and GFWL versions share the same exact achievements and the WP version shares basically all the same achievements except for like 2 just like CarneyVale: Showtime.

I think you get my point. I just wanna know if games like Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, Ms. Splosion Man and CarneyVale: Showtime would be considered stackables. I want to know which games I should list and what not to before I make a 'Stackable Win 8 and WP games' thread. Any input would help.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:35 AM   #3967
The Pants Party
Certified Badass

Gamertag: Za Pantsupati

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Staff - Front Page Content Manager   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Guide Writers Guild   Micro Guide - Diamond   Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
A game is stackable if it has an achievement list in more than one region and/or on more than one platform. The list doesn't have to be identical. I simply chose not to include the other devices because of the inherent difference in functionality, which I kind of explained on the first page somewhere. Playing games on the console or PC is much different than playing on your phone. It's not really the same experience, in my opinion. It may technically be the same game, but at the same time it's not.

I don't mind if someone wants to make a master list though, with all platforms included. Frankly, I still never got around to adding a lot of games to this list. They should all be listed in the Update Log, but not on the list itself. I just don't want to put in the time to add them, so feel free to copy the layout and I'll let someone else take over.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #3968
xCKJoeh153x

Send a message via AIM to xCKJoeh153x

Gamertag: CoolKidJoe
I'll gladly take over Pants if you'd like. Since I have about 90% of the Stackable/Region exclusives I'd also be willing to give information about each game like if it's in English or has English text etc kind of like on Playstation Trophies Stackable list has. Let me know and I'll get on it when I get home.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #3969
The Pants Party
Certified Badass

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Staff - Front Page Content Manager   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Guide Writers Guild   Micro Guide - Diamond   Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party
Do your thing, man.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:54 PM   #3970
Just AmazN

Ok so Joe is gonna take over? I think I basically said I would but... ok
Old 07-17-2014, 09:25 PM   #3971
xCKJoeh153x

Quote:
Ok so Joe is gonna take over? I think I basically said I would but... ok
I'm already working on it, I want to add useful information to each game because I knew what a struggle it was to buy something and know little to no information about it. If I wasn't trying to own every Xbox 360 game, there would probably be a good handful I wouldn't have purchased solely because the game wasn't in English or the difficulty of finding the correct versions, plus I already have the Game Availability by Region thread anyways.

Last edited by xCKJoeh153x; 07-17-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:36 PM   #3972
Just AmazN

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCKJoeh153x View Post
I'm already working on it, I want to add useful information to each game because I knew what a struggle it was to buy something and know little to no information about it. If I wasn't trying to own every Xbox 360 game, there would probably be a good handful I wouldn't have purchased solely because the game wasn't in English or the difficulty of finding the correct versions, plus I already have the Game Availability by Region thread anyways.
Do you plan on making a master list like Pants mentioned or you'll just be taking over this thread?
Old 07-17-2014, 09:43 PM   #3973
xCKJoeh153x

Quote:
Do you plan on making a master list like Pants mentioned or you'll just be taking over this thread?
I'm open to a master list depending though if the games are similar enough. Each situation is different but I would like some kind of inclusion of similar games especially since most WP/W8 games that are on both platforms are the same. For example, I haven't played too many WP/W8 games just because I like to game on consoles. I can game on both platforms but haven't so I don't know if there's any significant differences in games like Halo Spartan Assault or Babel Rising which is spread across multiple platforms. Situations like this, I would like some assistance on.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:04 AM   #3974
Cousin Jeffrey

Gamertag: Cousin Jeffrey
If Japanese xboxone games are stackable, will they be added to this thread or will there be another official tab included under the achievements tab next to Home, News etc?
Old 07-18-2014, 10:24 PM   #3975
xCKJoeh153x

I'm working on the list now, here's the link http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...d.php?t=583549

Old 08-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #3976
Chada Darkmane

Gamertag: Chada Darkmane
Why is civilization on this list? I have an NTSC J copy and it isnt stacking with the PAL version?
Old 08-09-2014, 08:34 AM   #3977
mlkybrs r on me

Send a message via AIM to mlkybrs r on me

Gamertag: mlkybrs r on me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chada Darkmane View Post
Why is civilization on this list? I have an NTSC J copy and it isnt stacking with the PAL version?
Its on the list because it stacks

You have the wrong version
Old 08-09-2014, 08:42 AM   #3978
Chada Darkmane

Gamertag: Chada Darkmane
The case says NTSC-J and the disc says NTSC-J on it. If this isnt the japanese version than what it?
Old 08-09-2014, 03:32 PM   #3979
WPC Darth Vader

Gamertag: MSX Vader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chada Darkmane View Post
The case says NTSC-J and the disc says NTSC-J on it. If this isnt the japanese version than what it?
Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau or South Korea Version

Old 08-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #3980
The Pants Party
Certified Badass

New thread can be found here:
http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...d.php?t=583549

Thank you to Joe for taking it over.

Closed Thread