Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-19-2007, 05:26 AM   #61
Monk Monk 06

Young Caown's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmagic16 View Post
Advice for the 20 wins on a lv host a game on the map needed on any exicution and have a friend join with a guest contoler signed in. then have him on your team guest on other so you go to host options when the game starts kick the guest (all it does is kill him). rinse and repeat You can also have your firend host the game and u join his team therefore you dont need to do anything but wait
whats the point of 3 people? why not just you and the guest?

and i still cant figure this guest shit out, do i have to turn it on in options or somthin i feel like a tard
Monk Monk 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:02 AM   #62
Mr Badkid

Send a message via AIM to Mr Badkid

Mr Toxiccc's Gamercard
does this have to be default settings?
or can we change the map weapons
Mr Badkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:12 PM   #63
fullblown

xGAxxInYoMouth's Gamercard
u can change wepons on map but to tell the truth i nver even thought about that, so good work in thinking
fullblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:13 PM   #64
fullblown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project KG View Post
Yeah but he did 51 ranked ones too. Unless he did those before the new achievements came out. They don't count unless they were done after the achievements came out.
yes u have to have done the games before the achievements came out or else u dont get the achievement
Old 06-19-2007, 03:17 PM   #65
steelerkid43

steelerd43's Gamercard
I just got the achievement late, I hadn't played any annex matches before the achievements came out. I got it at 117 or something close to that, I played a bunch of local and I just wasn't getting the achievement, and then i went in and played one more ranked and got the achievements.
steelerkid43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:29 PM   #66
H20 chaotic xc

Send a message via AIM to H20 chaotic xc

Tr0y City xX's Gamercard
thanks alot
H20 chaotic xc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:42 PM   #67
steelerkid43

steelerd43's Gamercard
I have had several messages sent to me regarding THIS!IS!ANNEX! achievement and the way I did it so I will explain everything in as much detail as I can right here for everyone.

Before the new achievements, I had NEVER played annex. I thought at first, the win 20 on every map had to be done in annex so i figured I would just played ranked annex on the new maps to work toward two achievements at once. I got the Garden achievement and half of subway like this (about 30 total ranked matches of Annex), and then someone told me the achievements could be unlocked through player matches and I figured I would test my luck with local matches as well. I unlocked the rest of the 20 wins on each map through local warzone matches and then moved onto local annex matches. In the local I played a guest 1 v 1, 3 rounds, Annex, 120 score to win (2 caps per round 6 total in the match) on Gridlock, default weapon settings. I kept a tally to know how many Annex matches I did in local because it does not keep track for you. I did about 50 (50 local + 30 ranked = 80 total). I got tired of doing that so I got my brother to finish it for me. I told him to keep tally and he has never played gears before, and probably messed up the tally because 1. he never has played gears and didn't know when the match ended and not the round 2. just isn't very smart... 3. he was watching cartoons while doing it and got distracted. I assumed since he got to over 100 (according to his tally) that it didn't work in local even though the other achievements did, so I played one ranked match and the ahcievement unlocked. HOPE THIS HELPS GOOD LUCK

LONG STORY SHORT = THIS!IS!ANNEX! unlocked through LOCAL MATCHES

Last edited by steelerkid43; 06-19-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:53 AM   #68
Project KG

Send a message via AIM to Project KG

Mercenary KG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullblown View Post
yes u have to have done the games before the achievements came out or else u dont get the achievement
fullblown you just repeated what I said. Are you just restating things so you can get your posts up?
Project KG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:35 AM   #69
ZakkuHiryado

ZakkuHiryado's Gamercard
This probably sounds really dumb but just to clarify, you can basically unlock all of the annex achievements just playing by yourself? Is that what I'm hearing? I sure hope so cuz it's taken me forever just to get the "don't Hate the Playa" one!
ZakkuHiryado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:14 PM   #70
munkyxtc

munkyxtc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullblown View Post
i am still fixing plz dont i want mine to be first and ur jus gnna steal my info
Maybe you guys could just combine the guides and help each other out?

I admit you posted first but it was confusing as shit. Some questions were quickly cleared up in the 2nd posting. Not hassling you because you actually took the time to write it up; but still I think it would be beneficial to work together.

I think that' sthe problem with alot of guides around here; one person does it and then it never gets edited again even if someone has a clarifying point to add.
munkyxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:41 PM   #71
PogromXpert

Allmachtig Gott's Gamercard
Hint!!!

Just a little helpful hint for those trying to get inconceiveable. You have to win by less than 5 points. So, for example. 120 to 116. Just throwin that out there. I found that out the hard way.
PogromXpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #72
steelerkid43

steelerd43's Gamercard
Not true, I again tallied for that achievement and I was at about 15 when I re-read it and I thought I would have to start over (about 12 of the 15 were 115), but I got the achievement on time so 115 worked for me
Old 06-21-2007, 04:50 AM   #73
fullblown

jus so you all know u can get this is annex this way it works jus seems like it takes foever which makes people think their not gnna get it and stop playing for it
Old 06-21-2007, 04:50 AM   #74
fullblown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogromXpert View Post
Just a little helpful hint for those trying to get inconceiveable. You have to win by less than 5 points. So, for example. 120 to 116. Just throwin that out there. I found that out the hard way.
thx man i made the same mistake lol
Old 06-21-2007, 06:37 AM   #75
PogromXpert

Its weird, my cousin got his by going 115 to 120. but, I tried it an it didnt work, so I had to go 116 to 120. It just might be a glitch, but it cost me an hour and a half lol.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:16 PM   #76
Dakoolman45

Dakoolman45's Gamercard
I know two people put guides up but i'm putting mine on here anyway

THIS! IS! ANNEX!
The easiest way to do this is to make a Private Match with you an a guest or with a Friend and your guest. Make it 3 Rounds and 120 points on raven down. if you and your friend are on the same team it will make it go a lot faster and both of you will get this achievement.Make sure that if you are doing this with a friend you both get 3 captures. Do this intill you've done 100.

Inconceivable!
Do this with your guest or with a friend and a guest. Just host a Private match 19 Rounds 120 points on raven down and then do 1 more round in that match. make your guest go to the spot to take over. Make him walk out and then make your guy break it at 56,57,58, or 59 either one is good. Then make your guest fully Capture another spot so he has around 116,117,118 or 119.Then capture two spots and you Have won a close game fewer than 5 points. This will take an hour an a half.

Nub Pwn3r
Its basiclly the same thing as Inconceivable expect your guest does nothing so you can get 120 and the other team gets 0.

You Down with E.P.I.C
Just win a 3+ match at raven down,Old bones,Bullet Marsh,Garden,Process, and Subway.

Green Thumb
" See all that juice"

Mind the gap
" See all that juice"

Purdy Mouth
" See all that juice"

All that juice
This is the cheapest way to get this achievement. You can do this by yourself with a guest and just host a private match 20 macthes to 3 and Execution and kill your guest. Which will take an hour. Or you can Have a friend on your side with your friends guest on the opposite side and just kick your friends guest for 20 matches each 3 rounds on execution..if you do this with the rest of the achievements like this it should take 30 minutes to an hour to get four achievements
Dakoolman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:05 PM   #77
PogromXpert

People have been telling me that if you kick the person, you will not get the achievement. Plus you can only go up to 19 rounds not 20. Just saying.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:32 PM   #78
Dakoolman45

Dakoolman45's Gamercard
i've done it it More than 20 times with my friends and it worked. plus i said you had to do another round after the other match ended.
Dakoolman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:42 AM   #79
blackmagic16

Send a message via Skype™ to blackmagic16

BlackMagic16's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Ok it says 3+ i just wanna make sure u can just play 3 rounders cuz it seems like ive played sooo much and its just not unlocking and one of my friends thinks you need to get 4 or more rounds cuz it says 3+. SO has anyone got it for 3 rounders or is certain 3 works?

blackmagic16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:06 AM   #80
ac2565
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmagic16 View Post
Ok it says 3+ i just wanna make sure u can just play 3 rounders cuz it seems like ive played sooo much and its just not unlocking and one of my friends thinks you need to get 4 or more rounds cuz it says 3+. SO has anyone got it for 3 rounders or is certain 3 works?
I am certain 3 works. That is how I got the achievements "Purdy Mouth" and "Down with E.P.I.C"
ac2565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:56 PM   #81
Project KG

Send a message via AIM to Project KG

Mercenary KG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
All these guides are the same so stop posting them. fullblown and ac's are good but DaKoolMan just basically took what they both said and put it into one guide. It's pointless to just keep repeating this stuff.
Project KG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:20 PM   #82
fullblown

i agree guys me and ac's guides work perfectly fine can u plz stop taking up posting room for the people who actually have questions and stop rewwording our guide! ty
Old 06-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #83
blackmagic16

Send a message via Skype™ to blackmagic16

BlackMagic16's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac2565 View Post
I am certain 3 works. That is how I got the achievements "Purdy Mouth" and "Down with E.P.I.C"
i am certain that they work for those achievements ive got Everyone of the new achievements with 3 execpt "THIS!IS!ANNEX!" So im wondering if anyone has got that by doing mostly unranked 3 rounders (Usaly i wind up hosting)

EDit: ok i just got it finaly. I was playing a ranked annex on garden (my team won) and i wasnt host. but it was only like my 5th ranked annex so all the players must of counted YAY 1250/1250 in gears

Last edited by blackmagic16; 06-22-2007 at 08:35 PM.
blackmagic16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:12 AM   #84
IPutTheDInPunkD

Send a message via AIM to IPutTheDInPunkD Send a message via Yahoo to IPutTheDInPunkD

IPutTheDInPunkD's Gamercard
Hehe. Im glad you could do unranked matches to get these new achievements. Just made a match with my guest and kept making the guest kill himself with boom.
IPutTheDInPunkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:44 PM   #85
StormtrooprDave

StormtrooprDave's Gamercard
Why is everyone saying do 3 round matches?
Why not just do 180 points so you can get 3 captures in 1 round, and do 1 round matches?
Old 06-23-2007, 02:44 PM   #86
James03

Send a message via AIM to James03

TeenJackBauer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormtrooprDave View Post
Why not just do 180 points so you can get 3 captures in 1 round, and do 1 round matches?
Read the achievements descriptions, you must do at least 3 rounds in 1 game.

Also the first SONIC UNLEASHED 1000 on the forum... and 2nd in the UK. =(
James03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 05:21 PM   #87
fullblown

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormtrooprDave View Post
yes like he said u have to have 3 rounds per game read the description
Old 06-25-2007, 01:44 AM   #88
zam

z4m's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
For the life of me I can't sign in the second controller with a quest account. I press Y with the secong controller but all I get is a list of the profiles on my 360 (and no guest). Stupid problem I know, but can some give a step by step guide?
Old 06-25-2007, 02:00 AM   #89
bigmike
Banned User

bigmike6775's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by zam View Post
For the life of me I can't sign in the second controller with a quest account. I press Y with the secong controller but all I get is a list of the profiles on my 360 (and no guest). Stupid problem I know, but can some give a step by step guide?
go to player match hit a then hit y
bigmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:14 PM   #90
BooseyGirl
Banned User

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I know there has been alot of confusion around the THIS! IS! ANNEX! achievement and I'm trying to clear the confusion up for myself as well.

Basicly all we need to do is have a 3 round match with 120 or 180 points, and then the team has to capture the objective's 3 times, correct? Then we do this 99 (bangs head against wall) more times.

I had someone tell me last night that each person on the team had to capture it 3 times but I'm pretty sure he was wrong otherwise I think it would have said it in the achievement description.
BooseyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote