Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-14-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
Lonsta DaMonsta

Send a message via AIM to Lonsta DaMonsta

Lonsta DaMonsta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Turbo Controller-aided Achievements

This is my attempt to start a list of achievements that can be obtained with the help of a turbo controller. Most of these will be button-mashing achievements, but turbo controllers can help in other ways sometimes, such as saving your fingers some work in hack & slash games.

What is a turbo controller? A turbo controller is like a regular controller, but it aids in pressing the A, B, X, or Y buttons many times per second. The most common turbo controller for the Xbox 360 is the Hori EX. More info:
Amazon.com: Hori Controller EX Turbo for Xbox 360: Video Games Amazon.com: Hori Controller EX Turbo for Xbox 360: Video Games

This is not a Halo/CoD "modded" controller, those are something completely different and don't need brought up here.

The game will be listed with a score next to it. This score is approximately how much a turbo controller can help you get.

Retail Games

Blue Dragon [?]
-- Can aid in the button mashing achievements. **need confirmation on which ones these are**

Dance Dance Revolution Universe [900]

-- Can aid in all achievements except the last five challenge levels.

Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2 [900]
-- Can aid in all achievements except the last five challenge levels.

Dance Dance Revolution Universe 3 [?]
-- Can aid in most achievements. **need confirmation**

High School Musical 3: Senior Year DANCE! [?]
-- Need confirmation on these.

Rockstar Table Tennis [120]
-- Can aid with "The Veteran" and "The Net Veteran" by constantly keeping the ball in play to go towards the 10 hours you need. **requires two turbo controllers**

Rumble Roses [?]
-- Can aid in saving time while obtaining costumes.

Arcade Games

Castle Crashers
[15]
-- Can aid with the Glork achievement, by alternating the X and Y buttons

Fable 2 Pub Games [?]
-- Need confirmation on these.

Track & Field [200]
-- Can aid with all the achievements.

I know this list looks small and incomplete right now, but that's where you guys come in. Please provide any information, games, achievements, etc. you know and I'll update this post accordingly. Eventually it will come along I think.

First legit 1000 in Rockstar Table Tennis
First person to have 1750 in three different games

Last edited by Lonsta DaMonsta; 02-14-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Lonsta DaMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
EvilestBean
Banned User

I Leath3rFace I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Cool, ive been thinking of getting a turbo controller to assist me in Track and Field but that turbo controller you listed is always out of stock .
EvilestBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty   Completion Competition 2nd Place
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Nice list, can turbo controller work as a normal controller as well?
Jappe XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hori Turbo Controller listed above is the one and only turbo controller available for Xbox 360. However, it was discontinued so you will only be able to find it used until they come out with a new one.

It is just a regular controller with the turbo function.

Beijing Olympics cannot be helped with a turbo controller. In fact, you will more than likely perform worse with it.

Rockstar Table Tennis would require two turbo controllers to try and get the 10 hour achieves.

Rumble Roses: There is an easier way to get the costumes using the turbo controllers. (It takes much longer than actually playing human way but you can put the turbo controller down and do something else for the most part)
sanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #5
Lonsta DaMonsta

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
OK great info, updated post already. Also there used to be a MadCatz turbo controller but it's even more rare than the Hori one.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:50 PM   #6
Manic Ado

Send a message via Skype™ to Manic Ado

Manic Ado's Gamercard
i had lots of turbo controllers.... Shame they are for xbox 1.. lol

A proud member of mygamerprofile, x360a and TA.

All these wonderful communities.
Manic Ado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #7
Boiled Frogs

BoiIed Frogs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
castle crashers is the glork achievement for winning 20 'all you can quork' games, where you have to eat food really fast by alternately pressing x and y

Boiled Frogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #8
chrisnottm

Send a message via MSN to chrisnottm

DirtyChris89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Texas Hold 'Em. Arcade.

You can get around 90G by just leaving it on at a free table with 'A' being turbo'd.

chrisnottm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #9
Itsbrown4606

Itsbrown4606's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 2   Road Map - Bronze   Burnout Paradise Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnottm View Post
Texas Hold 'Em. Arcade.

You can get around 90G by just leaving it on at a free table with 'A' being turbo'd.
You don't really need a turbo controller for that. I know what you are talking about and all I do it just have a rubber band hold the A down. Works just as well, and since it requires a Play & Charge kit or a wired controller, no loss of battery life.
Itsbrown4606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:47 PM   #10
ezekiel 08

ezekiel 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I got a Hori Turbo EX controller about 2 years ago, I'm so glad I did! I didn't even know it worked for DDR Universe until I'd gotten 900 legit .

I'm going to try it out with Rockstar Table Tennis today .

Completed Games [125] | Gamerscore Completion Rate [90.74%]

* retired gamerscore whore *
ezekiel 08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #11
Blackjaw x
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Blackjaw x

Modern Leper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Far Cry 2 - Warlord When boosting for experience, there are three people: a reviver, a killer, and a dyer. The reviver just has to press Y over and over again, so a turbo controller would help there. It won't speed anything up, but it'll give you 15 minutes out of every 45 minutes to take a break.
Blackjaw x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #12
Ryot Control

Send a message via AIM to Ryot Control

Ryot Control's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Platinum   2,500 Posts   GSL 11 Winner   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   Submit - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Using a turbo controller helps enormously in playing Onechanbara when using Annna. Boost her gun skill to increase your efficiency and saves your finger while you play survival and grind out the shooting quests.

Also, there is a good substitute to the Hori controller called the Max Shooter. It connects to the USB of your 360 and makes your regular corded controller into a turbo controller. They can get expensive though.

Last edited by Ryot Control; 02-14-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Ryot Control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:47 PM   #13
Mtld

Mtld's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Umm. I tried Track & field and it doesn't seem to work. Since you have to alternate buttons, how can the turbo controller help you out ? It will register as 2 buttons at the same time, not alternating.

100% Retail = 120

100% Arcade = 113
Mtld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #14
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtld View Post
Umm. I tried Track & field and it doesn't seem to work. Since you have to alternate buttons, how can the turbo controller help you out ? It will register as 2 buttons at the same time, not alternating.
Pretty epic thread revival...

Perhaps there are different types of turbo controllers? Mine does the same, can only press them at the same time. Could try turbo on one button and you focus completely on the other?
Old 09-15-2010, 12:46 AM   #15
Mightymango

Send a message via MSN to Mightymango

MightyMango's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Mightymango   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
In High School Musical using a turbo controller actually makes the game harder/longer to complete as it will not get you the perfect notes you need to unlock the costumes and secret notes.

^^ Updated 9.26.11

FORUM RULES
Read and Follow them

Mightymango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #16
StW

I StW I's Gamercard
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=251846

Gears of War 2:

Seriously 2.0 - 50g
StW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:25 AM   #17
ashleary

Send a message via MSN to ashleary

ashleyleary's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I bought one of these to hammer Beijing Olympics.

Didnt work :'(
Amstrad CPC 464, Game Boy, SNES, Dreamcast, GBA XBOX, PSP, XBOX 360
Please follow @mouseymessages on Twitter
ashleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #18
sm182

Send a message via MSN to sm182

sm182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Virtua Tennis 3 can be setup to play 1000 matches by itself (I assume the same for Virtua Tennis 2009).

Latest Retail / Arcade [of 216 / 75]
: HEAVY FIRE: SHATTERED SPEAR / GALACTIC REIGN

50K GS Dates: 04|02|10 > 13|02|11 > 28|04|12 > 31|01|13
> 08|12|13
sm182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:17 PM   #19
jorax

JORAX's Gamercard
Game Room has a ton of time based achievements that can be easily obtained with a turbo controller. I used a Mad Catz arcade stick as it has turbo settings. You do have to pay for the individual games in Game Room though, so only go that route if you like those retro titles.
jorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #20
PugslyPuppy

PugslyPuppy's Gamercard
I boosted Are You Smarter Than a 5Th Grader for about 210 points in the Battle of the Wits mode. Also, I am using it to level my Blue Dragon characters. I'm doing the same method as everyone else by standing in the re-spawn area, but by having them actually fight I don't have to renew their magic levels every 30-40 minutes or rubber-band my controller PLUS I get extra EXP so I'm leveling rank as well as spirit. Both of these methods I am just boosting using the A button on the medium setting.

I am also experimenting with Zombie genocide in L4D by using the melee (left trigger) on medium turbo. I'm just looking for the perfect place to do it. Crash course seems ok but sometimes I die and end back up in the safe room. Also the Blood Harvest works if you have the patience to get the boomer to follow you back to the safe room without getting hit by the hunter first. Grrrrr

Could some of you be more specific on HOW you are using the controller and what you are doing, rather than just WHICH games you are using them on? I have several of these games but I am not sure how I would go about programming the controller to beat something like DDR.

Oh, and also I read elsewhere that you can use it to run through most games' vocal careers on easy with a turbo controller and a loud fan. I can't confirm because I actualy like to sing and have already done most of my singing games on Hard or Expert but I may go ahead and try that on one or two of my least favorite GH games. (I don't think I feel like immitating David Lee Roth for two days on any level. lol)

I hope this helps some of you guys and I hope to hear a reply back as it would greatly help me! Thanks!
PugslyPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #21
DeadlyFishy

Failure Online's Gamercard
For Track & Field you can put the Hori on the fastest setting then have it keep pressing X or B. You do not need to press the other button. This will help for all of the achievements except for the hammer throwing and high jumping because they power up by themselves and it's all timing.
DeadlyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #22
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I need one of those!
Old 03-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #23
veece16

Chilled Eclipse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
So can you pretty much record what sequence of buttons you want the controller to press, and then walk away from the game? If so, I can boost Seriously 2.0 with one of these.
veece16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #24
MattDB87

Send a message via ICQ to MattDB87 Send a message via AIM to MattDB87 Send a message via MSN to MattDB87 Send a message via Yahoo to MattDB87 Send a message via Skype™ to MattDB87

Matt DB87's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
I would love for this thread to get some life.
MattDB87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #25
Madfrog0

im glad the turbo controllers finally came out,
for me i have Cerebral Palsy and cant mash buttons fast. so this is a life savor!
Old 03-21-2011, 01:50 AM   #26
TrishTheDish

Becky Black Ops's Gamercard

Wow, this thread is ancient!

For what it's worth, a turbo will NOT help you in High School Musical Dance or whatever it's called. You will get the majority of the notes (at least 3/4ths of them) but NOT the 100% you'll need for some of the achievements.

Games a turbo will definitely help with:

Marvel Super Hero Super Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet - using turbo makes the combat challenges extremely easy, as well as a few other ones like the Galactus shooting one

NBA Unrivaled / NCAA Basketball 10 - for the "Play X Online Games" achievements instead of playing the endless boredom out and trying to run the clock down, using two turbo controllers you can just turbo pass the A button and pass back and forth while you go do something that's actually fun.

Spongebob Truth of Square - turbo attacking the Tiki Combat challenges saves your fingers the early stages of carpal tunnel

Family Game Night 3 - for games like Mouse Trap and Clue, you can just turbo the "roll" button and let the games play themselves out

Last edited by TrishTheDish; 03-21-2011 at 01:58 AM.
TrishTheDish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:33 AM   #27
Lonsta DaMonsta

I'm still alive and I'm glad to see the thread revived. I will be updating my post as you guys post different tidbits.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #28
DeadlyFishy

You will definitely want to add this:

"I posted this on X360A a while ago, so I'll copy it to here ...

If you have an autofire-capable controller (like the blue or red Hori pad), then you can get Seriously 2.0 while you sleep.

Load up the Brumak level on Casual difficulty.
Stick the A and X buttons on autofire.
Rubberband the right stick so your Brumak is facing the ground.
Use string or tape to hold the left stick slightly up, just enough to make the Brumak walk forward at a decent pace (see later for why this is important).

Mr Brumak will walk forward, firing rockets (thanks to autofire X) at his own feet and taking slight damage for doing so. In a few seconds you'll reach the first group of Locust, and the rockets will kill some of them. Then you'll walk into a wall and eventually kill yourself.

You'll go to the menu, and automatically select "Load Checkpoint" (thanks to autofire A), and it'll all happen again. It's very important that the left stick isn't pushed too far forward, or it will move the menu selection away from "Load Checkpoint" and then you're stuck.

If you experiment with the position of the left stick, you can even improve the kills-per-minute. I find that angling it ever-so-slightly to the left helps. And of course, switch off rumble, otherwise things might get knocked out of whack.

Using this technique, I managed just over 30 kills per minute. Sure, it took many hours to get, but it beat doing it manually."

It is copied from TA. The guy originally posted here somewhere, but I don't know where that is. I tried this last night and am working on it now. It takes up to three times longer, but you can do it while you sleep or while you have to work on other real life things.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #29
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyFishy View Post
You will definitely want to add this:

"I posted this on X360A a while ago, so I'll copy it to here ...

If you have an autofire-capable controller (like the blue or red Hori pad), then you can get Seriously 2.0 while you sleep.

Load up the Brumak level on Casual difficulty.
Stick the A and X buttons on autofire.
Rubberband the right stick so your Brumak is facing the ground.
Use string or tape to hold the left stick slightly up, just enough to make the Brumak walk forward at a decent pace (see later for why this is important).

Mr Brumak will walk forward, firing rockets (thanks to autofire X) at his own feet and taking slight damage for doing so. In a few seconds you'll reach the first group of Locust, and the rockets will kill some of them. Then you'll walk into a wall and eventually kill yourself.

You'll go to the menu, and automatically select "Load Checkpoint" (thanks to autofire A), and it'll all happen again. It's very important that the left stick isn't pushed too far forward, or it will move the menu selection away from "Load Checkpoint" and then you're stuck.

If you experiment with the position of the left stick, you can even improve the kills-per-minute. I find that angling it ever-so-slightly to the left helps. And of course, switch off rumble, otherwise things might get knocked out of whack.

Using this technique, I managed just over 30 kills per minute. Sure, it took many hours to get, but it beat doing it manually."

It is copied from TA. The guy originally posted here somewhere, but I don't know where that is. I tried this last night and am working on it now. It takes up to three times longer, but you can do it while you sleep or while you have to work on other real life things.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=251846
Old 03-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #30
DeadlyFishy

Yeah, except peeveen posted it on TA. You should get 30-40 kills per minute if you set it up right. Around 55 hours total and I thought manually doing it took only about 15 hours, but I could easily be wrong.