PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-21-2011, 10:10 PM   #31
xsoenx

xsoenx's Gamercard
Contra is super easy with Turbo controller could not for the sake of my life get to the last boss, and when i got a Tcontroller i beat it on my first try

it also help with Hawx 2 mp (100 matches) if you have 2 consoles with it runing and both have a controller attachs
xsoenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:57 AM   #32
DeadlyFishy

Failure Online's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsoenx View Post
Contra is super easy with Turbo controller could not for the sake of my life get to the last boss, and when i got a Tcontroller i beat it on my first try

it also help with Hawx 2 mp (100 matches) if you have 2 consoles with it runing and both have a controller attachs
I'll have to try that; just bought the game. But that reminds me that I used the turbo controller to tap A for me in Time Pilot. I'm assuming this would work well in other schmup games, but I have not really tested it.
DeadlyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:15 AM   #33
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Good thread. Surprised I didn't see it two years ago >_>

I've never tried it (mainly because my Hori doesn't do the triggers or bumpers) but I imagine that the older Guitar Heros (2 and 3) would work similar to DDR.

Mentioning DDR, I think the scores you listed are exaggerated. I've completed the first and almost the second, so I can say that the turbo didn't help all that much. It only helps for the "hit all the notes" challenges, which aren't that many.

Finally, it's arguably not necessarily for achievements, but turbos help with all the wrestling games (the WWE ones at least). On the off chance that you're getting your ass beaten you have to mash the buttons to stay in the match, and the turbo makes it very very hard to lose. Also, here's one achievement that it does help with:

dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:14 AM   #34
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Blue Dragon

Button Mashing (20)

Closed Flying Fortress Door 5
You closed the Flying Fortress door without fighting the mecha robos.

Saved Kluke from Choking 5
You saved Kluke from being choked by Nene's collar.

Summoned Shu's Shadow 5
You summoned Shu's Shadow.

Escaped from Squashtrich 5
You escaped without being stomped by the Squashtrich.

Max Level Achievement (50)

Maxed Out All Character Levels 50
Make all your characters level 99.

Go to the island where Golden Poo Snake resides (Southern Deserted Island) and set (?) to turbo. He will continue to spawn and run into you. You will win the fight and gain a lot of experience. Occassionally he may get stuck, so it's best to check back every hour or two.

Blue Dragon Turbo Total - 70

Dead or Alive 4

Online Level Achievements (150)

Achieved Grade "SS" 50
Received the grade of "SS" in DOA Online Mode.

Achieved Grade "S" 40
Received the grade of "S" in DOA Online Mode.

Achieved Grade "A" 30
Received the grade of "A" in DOA Online Mode.

Achieved Grade "B"20
Received the grade of "B" in DOA Online Mode.

You will need a minimum of 3 players for this. Set up a game of Online Survival. Turbo one of the attack buttons and you will beat your boosting partners without having to really do anything. You can get a maximum of 100 wins in Online Survival before you need to start a new game. This is the best method of levelling, especially if your friends are above you in grade.

Online Wins/Win Streaks (135)

5 Straight Wins in DOA Online10
Won 5 times consecutively in DOA Online Mode.

10 Straight Wins in DOA Online25
Won 10 times consecutively in DOA Online Mode.

20 Straight Wins in DOA Online40
Won 20 times consecutively in DOA Online Mode.

10 Wins in DOA Online10
Won 10 times in DOA Online Mode.

50 Wins in DOA Online20
Won 50 times in DOA Online Mode.

100 Wins in DOA Online30
Won 100 times in DOA Online Mode.

I am unsure whether the Online Survival method works for this. I think it should. However, if not, play Winner Stays and just turbo an attack button.

Dead or Alive 4 Turbo Total - 285

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat

Online Games Played (75)

Practiced 5
Participate in 50 game sessions.

Seasoned20
Participate in 200 game sessions.

Veteran 50
Participate in 500 game sessions.

Join a match then turbo (?). This will choose your team and make sure you do not get kicked for idling. Leave it, as long as the server doesn't crash, you will continually be put into games.

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat Turbo Total - 75
Old 03-22-2011, 05:29 AM   #35
BigPopov

King of Fighters XII

All online achievements. Your "Grade" is determined by matches played, you need 1400 (yes. 1400, 3v3 matches...) Each grade is a new achievement. The last ach (1400 matches) is pretty much impossible w/o a turbo controller.

Go to the online menu, "Arcade" type of matches, and go to "Create Room." Set the time limit to 30s, and start the lobby. The A button will get you through everything, character select, confirmation, confirmation to start the battle when someone joins. I ended up leaving my Xbox on for a good 5 or 6 days to get this ach. People will join in, do xx number of battles (a good amount of boosters), drop out, someone else will drop in, etc.

Unless you get d/c by Live it will run non stop.

If you want to make things a tad faster, set HP and HK to the left/right triggers, and allow A, LT, RT to be turbo. This will cause your character to dash attack, so the matches will go faster than 30s. Don't set B/Y (the default HP/HK), because B is "Cancel" and will screw up your boosting.

110 GS from winning 100 matches (comes naturally w/ auto boosting, don't need to try)
110 GS from competing in 300 matches online
75 GS from "Counter Attack" online achs (come naturally)
270 from rank SSS online (1400 matches)

= 565 GS total for a long turbo process, but no real effort on your part.

Raiden Fighters Aces

List to come later, but most achievements are easily obtained by turbo A, leaving the game on.

Last edited by BigPopov; 03-22-2011 at 05:35 AM.
BigPopov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:45 AM   #36
BigPopov

A Kingdom for Keflings / A World of Keflings

Though it won't directly boost your GS, both of these games require you "gather" materials a la Warcraft, which can be very time consuming / tedious.

Set your Keflings to the various tasks (you will know what I mean when you play.) Have some gather, and some to transport materials to the buildings. Try to set them to the "Unlimited" resource gathering areas.

Pick up one stack of materials, go somewhere where no Kefling travels, turbo A. Your avatar will pick up/put down the materials. When you return to the console, you will have a ton of materials so you can go through the game much quicker, without having to waste time gathering & waiting to gather.

(normally, if you idle in the game, all Keflings will stop doing tasks)
Old 03-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #37
cal664

Cal664's Gamercard
My turbo controllers were really cheap.......

For megadrive. Problem 360?
cal664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #38
DeadlyFishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPopov View Post
A Kingdom for Keflings / A World of Keflings

Though it won't directly boost your GS, both of these games require you "gather" materials a la Warcraft, which can be very time consuming / tedious.

Set your Keflings to the various tasks (you will know what I mean when you play.) Have some gather, and some to transport materials to the buildings. Try to set them to the "Unlimited" resource gathering areas.

Pick up one stack of materials, go somewhere where no Kefling travels, turbo A. Your avatar will pick up/put down the materials. When you return to the console, you will have a ton of materials so you can go through the game much quicker, without having to waste time gathering & waiting to gather.

(normally, if you idle in the game, all Keflings will stop doing tasks)
This seems like you would end up picking up the same resources you just dropped, but I cannot test myself because I 200/200 each game and deleted them, so I'll take your word for it. I would also recommend building a basic workshop or whatever its called near you so you can dump the resources in there quickly and at least convert them to stockpiles before moving them elsewhere so you can carry more and your henchmen will help carry if in World of Keflings.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:40 AM   #39
DeadlyFishy

All you Can Quaff wins in Castle Crashers: I've been using my controller for this so I decided to write a little guide.

First of all put your speed to max. Then host a ranked, 4-player max game. While in the waiting room press Y to toggle ready then turn turbo on for X and Y, respectively. If you turn on X first for some reason it will not un-toggle ready. Turn up the music so you can hear it if you plan on doing something else in between matches. When the music stops that means a match as begun. Matches will start automatically when all people in the lobby are ready, but only two are required. While the game is loading, turn on turbo for A. The entire match will then finish itself. If you are paying attention, turn off turbo for A when you receive a banana. You will return to the main menus after the game. You will have to temporarily turn off turbo for Y while you toggle ready, but turbo for X can stay on. Repeat until you have 20 wins. I was only beat once using this method, and I have no idea how that guy was able to be so quick.

Last edited by DeadlyFishy; 03-24-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:05 AM   #40
BigPopov

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyFishy View Post
This seems like you would end up picking up the same resources you just dropped,
Your avatar won't gather anything, the worker keflings will. The only reason you need to be dropping/picking up is because if you do nothing, the keflings will not work.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #41
ReaptheChaos

ReaptheChaos's Gamercard
Funny this post should come up, I just ordered a Hori turbo controller through Amazon and got it yesterday. I got it because I was trying to finish up the last two achievements in Bully. Mainly to get high score on the mini arcade game Nut Shots, where you have to keep mashing A to fire. My damn thumb would get sore after five minutes of doing it. I didn’t beat Nut Shots yet but setting the two triggers to turbo actually made it so I can do the one other thing I needed in the game, to pass the last music class. Maybe after having this game shelved for the last two years I can finally 100% it.

Over the years I’ve thought about getting one many times, and now that I have it I’m sure it will come in handy often. I’ll stick to the regular Xbox controller for most games, because I like the feel of it better but this thing is gunna be nice to have around.

If its true that what you donít know cant hurt you, then you must be practically invincible!
ReaptheChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:45 PM   #42
DeadlyFishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPopov View Post
Your avatar won't gather anything, the worker keflings will. The only reason you need to be dropping/picking up is because if you do nothing, the keflings will not work.
Ah, I see. That sounds like a great idea.

Fable II Pub Games (160/200;10/12)
First go to Spinnerbox, maximize the bet, turbo A and B (B to exit out of notifications), and let it sit for a while. When you become a two star rating switch to the Banquet Hall board. This is the suggested board for getting the jackpot. You should actually win quite a bit, getting you Serious Stakeholder. Once you get the jackpot, if you have not already unlocked all other Spinnerbox boards then play on one with a higher maximum bet to gain points faster. When you are done with Spinnerbox move to Keystone. You will need to turbo A and X. You will have to check back every once in a while to exit notifications yourself because the game will get stuck if you turbo B as well. Eventually you should get the jackpot just by letting the controller play because you only need to roll a 3 or 18 on the first round. It will take a very long time to unlock all boards because your controller will have to play 3000 games so you may want to do some manual betting as well. Then you can move to Fortune's Tower. Maximize the bet and turbo A and B. Beware that you will lose a ton of money--I woke up to a $400,000 debt. This is because the controller will play through the entire round without accepting any bets. However, you should eventually get the jackpot this way. By the time all games are unlocked you should be level five, meaning you should have 8 or 9 achievements depending on whether or not you have a Fable II player that you used. For the remaining three you will have to place in all tournaments and win at least one. For Spinnerbox all you can do is turbo A. For Keystone just turbo A and X again because the computer players will usually just lose their money. I got first in the third Keystone tournament, but am not sure if everybody will be so lucky. Unfortunately, you will need to use real strategy for Fortune's Tower. That's it, hope I helped.

Last edited by DeadlyFishy; 03-24-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:48 AM   #43
BigPopov

Chaos - I bought a Hori EX2 also. It's replaced my wireless controller pretty much full time. I love the 6 button face and the d-pad. Something I noticed when breaking it in though, the analog pad would sometimes hit "down" when not being used (slight tap w/o me hitting it), but it resolved itself after a couple of days.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #44
tehapoc

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Found my turbo controller to be extremely useful when going for Time Spending medals in Game Room.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:38 PM   #45
alpha17

alpha613's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm new to the concept of turbo controllers, can they be programed to push 2 buttons in rapid succession of each other, if so then they would help in Bejing 2008. That game kills your hands.
alpha17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #46
owenpaige1

owenpaige1's Gamercard
some turbo controllers can be programmed to push to buttons in succession but even if it can't just set it to a medium setting and push the other button manually and that should do the trick or for Beijing use the spoon trick
Old 09-27-2011, 03:01 AM   #47
Atariboy

LeoAmes17's Gamercard
The turbo functions of the MadCatz SFIV branded digital controller helped me get the achievement titled "Oldest Swinger in Town" for Worms 2: Armageddon quickly. It's for using the ninja rope 1000 times, so I turned the turbo function on and it unlocked it very quickly.
Atariboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #48
a_correa4

acedawg4's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This thread needs some life

Love this thread, but it really needs some updating! Just got my hori2 and ive been horing since......

A few titles ive done with it so far:

Full House Poker
WCP 2008 All in
Texas Hold em
Hardwood Backgammon
Fable Pub Games
Gears 2 (+Jap version)
Street fighter vs tekken
Blazeblue
DOA4 & 5
Raiden Fighter Aces
Universe at war
Family game night
Top spin (all)
Rockstar table tennis
Nba jam
Kameo
5th grader
Soul calibur 5
Some Scene It titles
Earth defense force

Just ask how..........
Old 03-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #49
Slaughter XBA
Lost

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Thank you for this great list. I've always been on the fence about buying a turbo controller.

My Gallery
| XBA Blog
I put the laughter in slaughter.
Slaughter XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:30 AM   #50
a_correa4

acedawg4's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thread is still dead???
Old 10-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #51
WIN308ROB

Sir Spawncelot's Gamercard
haven't used my hori since the game room - I'd love a reason to dig it out of storage.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #52
Puppys

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
The third triathlon in GTA V would be real easy with a turbo controller. For those who don't know, it ended up being almost thirty minutes of mashing the A button constantly.
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote