Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
Tootythebear

Send a message via AIM to Tootythebear Send a message via Yahoo to Tootythebear

Tootybear's Gamercard
Xbox 360 Freezing and Disc Problems

Hello I have a question to pose to the forums. I have a 360 and it has been freezing lately when I have a disk playing on it. The 360 has not done this before and this is a replacement 360 sent to me by Microsoft because I had the RRoD on my previous 360. Now I understand you can clear the cache, I have done this, and you can check to make sure you don't have any incomplete downloads in your memory that might mess it up (checked it and none there). I thought it might be my hard drive/accessories, but when I disconnect them and turn on the 360 it still freezes.

I figured it must be the disc drive and it was time to shell out $99 for a fix through Microsoft. But wait the problem thickens, when I went out and bought Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the 360, The game has never frozen. The system runs fine when I use this new disc, and It also runs fine when i am playing arcade games, watching movies, basically anything other than using a disc. This made me think it was my save data. Luckily I keep a 65 mb memory card backed up with my saves just in case my data gets corrupted. So I proceed to delete old data and copy over my data from the memory card to my 120 gb hard drive.

The 360 freezes still and Now im in a pickle. Has anyone had this happen to them? My friends discs do not work also, I tried to see if it was my discs, but it is not. I don't know what to do. I have a feeling its my disc reader, but I don't know. Can anyone help me and give suggestions?

Games I've maxed out (1000/1000): Fable 2, Call of Duty: World at War, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Call of Duty 2, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, Terminator: Salvation, and Dash of Destruction.
Tootythebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
Tenacious

Bassnectarr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Yeah, this happened to my old xbox, the only disc that ever worked for a period of about 2 months was Halo 3. I'd send it in man, I never found a fix for it myself.

Boost with me: Forza 4, GTA 5, GTA 4

Guitar Hero III 1000/1000G 3rd September 2013
Tenacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:08 PM   #3
Monkeyman 8322

Send a message via Skype™ to Monkeyman 8322

BatByte's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Tell tell signs of the start RROD sorry it will probably die soon. But if it keeps starting wrap it in a towel so it gets RROD and Microsoft will replace it for free again. Sorry but you'll be on your 3rd xbox soon
Monkeyman 8322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
Tootythebear

Tootybear's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman 8322 View Post
Tell tell signs of the start RROD sorry it will probably die soon. But if it keeps starting wrap it in a towel so it gets RROD and Microsoft will replace it for free again. Sorry but you'll be on your 3rd xbox soon
Do you have a link or could you post how to do that (overheat it to cause the RROD)?

Games I've maxed out (1000/1000): Fable 2, Call of Duty: World at War, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Call of Duty 2, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, Terminator: Salvation, and Dash of Destruction.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:10 PM   #5
Pucca Princess

Pucca Princess's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Funnily enough, yeah it's happening to me recently when playing Lips. It freezes, and if I ever quit the game to the dashboard the disc makes a awful stopping noice.

But it doesn't happen with any other game

It, too, was a replacement one sent from Microsoft when my other one got the three red rings

However I play some games which are saved on the hard drive (GTA4) and it works perfectly.

If sending a friend request on xbox, please send a message saying which game you are adding me for
Pucca Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #6
Monkeyman 8322

Send a message via Skype™ to Monkeyman 8322

BatByte's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootythebear View Post
Do you have a link or could you post how to do that (overheat it to cause the RROD)?
Yer, ok get a thick towel or blanket and unplug all of the cables apart from the power ( this will give you four red lights this is not death its ok just carry on with the method) and wrap the towel /balnket round it and just leave it on for a couple of hours until it RRDO the aim here is to make it overheat and break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucca Princess View Post
Funnily enough, yeah it's happening to me recently when playing Lips. It freezes, and if I ever quit the game to the dashboard the disc makes a awful stopping noice.

But it doesn't happen with any other game

It, too, was a replacement one sent from Microsoft when my other one got the three red rings

However I play some games which are saved on the hard drive (GTA4) and it works perfectly.
Have you tried a different copy, if it doesn't work with other games either, that sounds more like your disk try than RROD or that the disk try is getting hot and starting to overheat the console if you want to fix it but cant afford to pay check the method above /\ /\
Monkeyman 8322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:32 PM   #7
Tootythebear

Tootybear's Gamercard
Do i need to remove the hard drive and memory cards?

Old 02-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #8
Tootythebear

Tootybear's Gamercard
Time to go break me some 360 :/