PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Gears of War
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-12-2006, 02:44 PM   #31
McDan1el

McDan1el's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hey there, i submitted the one on the site; i got it by Loading up Act 1 Chapter 2 (i think) where the helicopter starts killing the guys then you run up the stairs...

Once your up the stairs it saves the checkpoint, arm a grenade and lob it at the back of the little courtyard bit you walk out into, if you time it right (might take some practice) you can get the nade placed nicely as the 3 locust come round the corner taking all 3 of them out

Nadine > *
McDan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:08 PM   #32
K-Bones

Send a message via AIM to K-Bones

KennyG90's Gamercard
does it work when you reload the last chekpoint and to it ten times?
K-Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:16 PM   #33
McDan1el

McDan1el's Gamercard

~Yes.

You have 2 grenades, i used first to kill them, 2nd to kill me.

Rinse and repeat

/edit

Thinking about it the first level when they cut through the door might be easier

Nadine > *

Last edited by McDan1el; 11-12-2006 at 04:20 PM.
McDan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:25 PM   #34
eggnog

eggnog x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDan1el View Post
Thinking about it the first level when they cut through the door might be easier
This is how I got the first tri-kill, I'm going to go do this later.
eggnog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:00 PM   #35
aPerfektFIaw
Red Room Member

Send a message via AIM to aPerfektFIaw Send a message via MSN to aPerfektFIaw Send a message via Yahoo to aPerfektFIaw Send a message via Skype™ to aPerfektFIaw

aperfektfiaw's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
yeah make sure you don't just reload your last checkpoint bc that will reset the number back to what it was, you need to die and reload or it wont count

you can do this right in the beginning of the game when they cut through the door as well... lob the grenade, run outside and get killed, reload then repeat.

aPerfektFIaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:07 AM   #36
Lord Latimer

Send a message via AIM to Lord Latimer

Lord Latimer's Gamercard
achievements didnt unlock....

i played through hardcore with my nephew over co-op and split screened and it gave me the defeating Ramm but not the act 5 complete and hardcore complete

it gave him complete casual 5, complete hardcore 5, complete with dom, complete Ramm hardcore....

guess back to kill him again
Lord Latimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:08 AM   #37
Fonkey Monkey

Send a message via AIM to Fonkey Monkey

Fonkey Monkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I've heard of other people haveing the same problem. maybe you started the 1st act on casual difficulty?

Legendary Status!!
We Are Lasers.
Fonkey Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:20 AM   #38
Lord Latimer

Lord Latimer's Gamercard
naw we both started it on hardcore and put that save file on the harddrive instead of my memory card not knowing what it would do to to my casual game, and then picked up where we left off the next day... even stayed the same characters so he would get the full dom achievement
Old 11-13-2006, 02:34 AM   #39
eggnog

eggnog x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Go to your campaign screen and select the load previous chapter. Next to each chapter in each act is a little symbol that says what difficulty you completed it on. Bronze and 1 star is Casual, Silver and 2 stars is Hardcore, and Gold and 3 stars is Insane.

Just replay whatever chapter(s) you don't have hardcore on.
eggnog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:59 AM   #40
Fonkey Monkey

Send a message via AIM to Fonkey Monkey

Fonkey Monkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
If you do the campaign on hardcore difficulty, you'll get the achievements for casual as well..

Legendary Status!!
We Are Lasers.
Fonkey Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:11 AM   #41
Lord Latimer

Lord Latimer's Gamercard
yup you sure do! cause i let my nephew play single full screen to get the hang of it and he got to act 3, then when he came back over the next day i had already beat casual so we co-oped Hardcore and once we got to 4 and 5 he recieved his casual achievements as well..... and i just looked and all i dont have credit for for somereason is the General fight so im off to kill Ramm again!
Old 11-13-2006, 04:36 AM   #42
xfrancox

Send a message via AIM to xfrancox Send a message via MSN to xfrancox Send a message via Yahoo to xfrancox Send a message via Skype™ to xfrancox

HAIL SAGAN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Uno - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Multiplayer Weapon Achievements

Ok, so I was looking over the weapon achievements and was suprised to see there was no shotgun achievement. Which sucks because Ive been using that the most. My question then, what is considered Capital Punishment? When I glanced at these achievements the first time I figured there was one for each weapon. Looks like its going to be harder than I thought.

xfrancox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:42 AM   #43
Spartan

Awards Showcase Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   1,000 Posts   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold   Geometry Wars - Gold
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I think that the capital punishment kills are shown by the picture of the head with the gun next to it when you see who killed who in the lower left hand corner.
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:46 AM   #44
Monsterbox
Red Room Member

Monsterb0x's Gamercard

I think his question, which I would also like an answer to, is exactly how you accomplish an 'execution' which is what is required for the Capital Punishment award.

It is not the same thing as a Curb Stomp or blowing someone to bits with a shotgun. Does anyone know how exactly you execute someone to fulfill things for this award? I've racked up only 6 executions across all gametypes and I have no idea how I did them...
Monsterbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:58 AM   #45
defiant29

skieswillfall's Gamercard
In order for your kill to be considered an 'execution', you need to either chainsaw your enemy when he's on his hands and knees or shoot him directly in the head when he's on his hands and knees. The way you can tell if it's an 'execution' kill, is if the symbol of the kill is a gun pointing at someone's head.
defiant29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:33 PM   #46
defiant29

100 Sniper Kills

I already have the 100 headshot achievement and most of the headshots were from the Sniper Rifle, so do the headshots from the sniper rifle count towards my 100 sniper kills?
Old 11-13-2006, 01:46 PM   #47
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
I'm pretty sure they do.... Would make sense
Old 11-13-2006, 01:47 PM   #48
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
When they are on the ground, shoot them point Blank Or Pull out a chainsaw.... No Curb Stomps
Old 11-13-2006, 02:43 PM   #49
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   Uno - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiant29 View Post
In order for your kill to be considered an 'execution', you need to either chainsaw your enemy when he's on his hands and knees or shoot him directly in the head when he's on his hands and knees. The way you can tell if it's an 'execution' kill, is if the symbol of the kill is a gun pointing at someone's head.
Thank you, this is very helpful. Do you know if this would also count toward your chainsaw achievement? Because then you could kill 2 birds with one stone. Actually, it would be even better to shoot their head off with the pistol while they're down, if it would count both the pistol kill and the execution.

Last edited by L3giOn; 11-16-2006 at 05:31 AM.
L3giOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:47 PM   #50
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   Uno - Gold
What about when you blow someone's head off with the shotgun. I was wondering last night if that counted toward your headshot total or if they all had to be done with the sniper.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:52 PM   #51
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

As long as the icon after your name and before the killed person's name is a crosshair, it counts..
Old 11-13-2006, 10:19 PM   #52
FrothyOmen

Send a message via AIM to FrothyOmen Send a message via MSN to FrothyOmen

FrothyOmen's Gamercard
What about the one with the pistol to somone's Head? Does that indicate a headshot or an execution? I would guess a headshot with somthing other than a sniper, because I only see the crosshair symbol when I snipe somone, headshot or no.
FrothyOmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:23 PM   #53
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Thats an execution, doesnt count as a headshot, I dont think... and you can get a headshot with a Shotty
Old 11-13-2006, 10:27 PM   #54
FrothyOmen

Send a message via AIM to FrothyOmen Send a message via MSN to FrothyOmen

FrothyOmen's Gamercard
Well, wait a sec, wouldn't an execution count as a headshot as well then?

You have to blow somone's head off to get an execution anyways, so wouldn't it be both? That would make sense in reality, but not in the game sense... as you would gain both achievements at the same time then, thus making the whole point of having two different ones pretty much worthless... idk, somone clear this up for me before my head explodes
FrothyOmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:52 PM   #55
K-Bones

Send a message via AIM to K-Bones

KennyG90's Gamercard
x L3gion x, i played with you on gears last night i think, i just noticed that
K-Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:04 PM   #56
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Bones View Post
x L3gion x, i played with you on gears last night i think, i just noticed that
Did you really? Were you on my team or against me and what was the outcome? Do you remember?
Old 11-14-2006, 01:11 AM   #57
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

An execution is a point blank shot to anywhere on the body..
Old 11-14-2006, 02:17 AM   #58
defiant29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
An execution is a point blank shot to anywhere on the body..
That's not true. If you shoot your enemy while he's on the ground anywhere but his head, it will be counted as a kill using that weapon, not an execution.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:19 AM   #59
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiant29 View Post
That's not true. If you shoot your enemy while he's on the ground anywhere but his head, it will be counted as a kill using that weapon, not an execution.
As long as I'm standing over the other persons body and shoot, I get an execution...
Old 11-14-2006, 05:10 AM   #60
J Lo

VictimOfDesire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Clusterluck

For the achievement of Clusterluck, at the ending of Act 2, about 3-6 Boomers spawn from an emergence hole. There's a gas tank that you can collapse onto them...Can't you repeat this 10 times for the achievement? Reply, message, email back.

Jeffjr92492 Gamerscore 2380 =/ IM LAME =(
J Lo is offline   Reply With Quote