Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-14-2006, 05:18 AM   #61
Fonkey Monkey

Send a message via AIM to Fonkey Monkey

Fonkey Monkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
I'm making a guide For the game.
2 really.
one for the Achievements and one for the multiplayer.
I wouldnt bother if i were you. 2 other ones have already been made...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjr92492 View Post
For the achievement of Clusterluck, at the ending of Act 2, about 3-6 Boomers spawn from an emergence hole. There's a gas tank that you can collapse onto them...Can't you repeat this 10 times for the achievement? Reply, message, email back.

Jeffjr92492 Gamerscore 2380 =/ IM LAME =(
The guide f1aw made said you could do that, but you had to die in some way.

Legendary Status!!
We Are Lasers.
Fonkey Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:47 PM   #62
WyldthingUK

Vvoxx's Gamercard
I take it this achievement is best done on casual mode when they have less energy?

Also, is there any way of knowing you have definitely done a tri-kill? (I spose I could always count the body parts). As I don't think I have ever done one yet I wondered if he said something specific, like "scratch three grubs!"?

OFF TOPIC: Does anyone actually know what they change as the difficulty increases? Locust strength is an obvious one but what else?
WyldthingUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:54 PM   #63
WyldthingUK

Vvoxx's Gamercard
"Actually, it would be even better to shoot their head off with the pistol while they're down, if it would count both the pistol kill and the execution."

@ L3gion: Exactly! I was playing a vs game online and noticed that the guy on my team (I kept dying and going into spectator mode ) kept switching to his pistol and executing that way. When I asked him he said that it counted towards both achievements.
WyldthingUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:49 PM   #64
dnut24
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to dnut24

FLXONYA's Gamercard
so the chain saw kill, etc are only counted during online play? thats what it reads to me but i want to make sure. cause i'm gonna stop trying to get those types of kills during single player and just play as if they were none.
dnut24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:02 PM   #65
Schloob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnut24 View Post
so the chain saw kill, etc are only counted during online play? thats what it reads to me but i want to make sure. cause i'm gonna stop trying to get those types of kills during single player and just play as if they were none.
That is correct
Old 11-14-2006, 06:22 PM   #66
Kid A

Yeah, just start it up on casual and get to the last door in the prison before you have to exit into the open courtyard. There will be exactly three locusts that will try and gain entrance into the prison, so you'll know if you got them all if anyone else tries to enter(or if one kills dom, the game will revive him after all three are gone). I suggest placing yourself close to the door and throwing your grenade slightly after the door explodes, otherwise it'll be too early. After you get them, throw a grenade in the corner and kill yourself, so you'll be able to reload the chapter and the game will count the kills.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:54 PM   #67
Monsterbox
Red Room Member

Monsterb0x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aPerfektFIaw View Post
yeah make sure you don't just reload your last checkpoint bc that will reset the number back to what it was, you need to die and reload or it wont count
That's not true. I reloaded the checkpoint from the start menu and it worked just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldthingUK
Also, is there any way of knowing you have definitely done a tri-kill? (I spose I could always count the body parts). As I don't think I have ever done one yet I wondered if he said something specific, like "scratch three grubs!"?
If you do it during the prison sequence where they cut through the door, Dom will automatically go down when the door blows. (Red circle, needs to be revived.) When all three Locust are dead he'll auto-revive. So, if you toss your grenade and he revives when it explodes, you know you got it right. Then just pause, Load Checkpoint and do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldthingUK
OFF TOPIC: Does anyone actually know what they change as the difficulty increases? Locust strength is an obvious one but what else?
They have a shitload more health, better accuracy, do more damage per hit and are a LOT smarter. On Insane difficulty, get used to shooting out their knees or headshots with the sniper/shotgun. The bastards just will not die if you use the same tactics as you did on Casual and Hardcore. (The description for Insane says, "You are master of the headshot." for a very good reason.) They will flank you, dodge and roll, take cover immediately and will perfect reload for bonus damage. They're also crack shots with very nasty weapons. Learn to hate the torque bow. From "Tip of the Iceberg" on you're going to be cursing the day they gave them to Theron Guards...
Monsterbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:27 PM   #68
ac2565
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
to Legion: Cant you get the moneyshot achievement with the pistol achievement and execution achievement if you execute people with the pistol in the head?
ac2565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:33 PM   #69
zam

Send a message via MSN to zam

z4m's Gamercard

It's too bad they have achievements for all weapons except the Lancer and Shotgun, since those are the weapons I tend to use a lot in multiplayer..
Old 11-14-2006, 08:23 PM   #70
Monsterbox
Red Room Member

Monsterb0x's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zam View Post
It's too bad they have achievements for all weapons except the Lancer and Shotgun, since those are the weapons I tend to use a lot in multiplayer..
I think that's pretty much the point. Since you automatically start with those two weapons every round of every game, they didn't include weapon achievements for them. (Chainsaw doesn't really count imo because you have to be close-quarters to use it.)
The pistol they included because pretty much the only way to kill someone with a pistol is after you've already incapacitated them. If you can kill someone with just a pistol and no other attacks I think that warrants an achievement in itself. lol
Monsterbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:37 AM   #71
K-Bones

Send a message via AIM to K-Bones

KennyG90's Gamercard
QFT, but i thought insane was a huge challenge and i felt very rewarded when i beat the game w/o co-op when every one else has said bring a friend and do those parts
K-Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:49 AM   #72
TheIcemanCometh

Send a message via ICQ to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via AIM to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via MSN to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via Yahoo to TheIcemanCometh

TheIcemanCometh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thumbs up

I just got mine tonight, and here's how I did it.

In Act 1 on Casual, in the section of the game right after you rescue Cole and he becomes part of the "team", you come to the hallway where you run into the Wretches for the first time. When you get into the hallway, get your grenades ready, and walk to the right end of the hallway, down where the ammunition is.

Once the Wretches start dropping and the battle begins, just sit tight. Your teammates will take care of everything while you camp. You are waiting for Wretches to start coming out of the hole in the floor next to the ammo. Eventually (about 20 seconds after the battle starts), the Wretches will start coming out of the hole. If you can, dodge the first Wretch and wait for the second to come out. When it does, hit the B button and stick the grenade to him. Once you do that, try to get to a spot where at least three Wretches will be - probably close to the hole - more will come.

You won't always get three Wretches to be there when the grenade explodes. You will probably die each time the grenade explodes. This is OK - you will still get credit. When you do die, just reload from the last checkpoint from the menu.

It took me about 15, maybe 20, minutes to get the achievement.
Xbox Community Developer Program (XCDP) member. Please do not message or IM me asking for access to or sharing of my access. The XCDP is currently closed and is not accepting new members at this time.
TheIcemanCometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:27 AM   #73
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac2565 View Post
to Legion: Cant you get the moneyshot achievement with the pistol achievement and execution achievement if you execute people with the pistol in the head?
I don't think so man. They're classified as 2 different types of kills.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:25 PM   #74
ScottG13011983

ScottyG1301's Gamercard
Online Achievements

For the achievements that involve killing 100 people with the chainsaw, torque bow etc. is there anyway to actually find how how many you have already killed?

I know you see a summary but it doesn't break it down by weapon!!

Friggin' Awesome Game Though!!!
Old 11-17-2006, 10:47 PM   #75
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Go to leaderboards and just do the thing on "me" and it will tell you some stats. Not the bow, but it does have curbstomps, chainsaw, execution, and total kills.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:39 PM   #76
chaos bz

chaos bz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Submit - Bronze
lol i just got the funniest idea on how to get the clusterluck even easier:
Same scenario-
Casual at the part where they breakdown the door

instead of throwing a grenade get close to the door (not in front because you will die) and just as you see them knock it down run up and TAG one of them with your grenade and make sure you block him in the door (best done in co-op, that way you can each stand in front of the door) the other 2 will group up and bang 3 kills + your already dead so you just load back and redo.

I know this works because I got it like this and helped a friend get it too.
Sorry if it has been posted before.
chaos bz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:23 AM   #77
FlyingAE86

SUMO SNIPER's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Go to leaderboards and just do the thing on "me" and it will tell you some stats. Not the bow, but it does have curbstomps, chainsaw, execution, and total kills.
One more thing to add, but the overall stats don't count towards your actual kills. One example, I killed 100 players with the chainsaw, but the overall stats I've read on all-time was 74 kills. I've got 'It's a Massacure' achievement.

Proof? GT: FlyingAE86
FlyingAE86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:52 AM   #78
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Maybe you got 74 in one game type and the rest in the other 2. Either that or it just didn't count some of your stats, which has been happening to some people.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:14 AM   #79
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
I got 100 Chainsaw Kills, And after looking at my stats and adding I only had 94 Recorded
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:51 AM   #80
FlyingAE86

SUMO SNIPER's Gamercard
Here a easy way to get clusterluck (This is how I got it)

Load Act 4, 'Long road to home' Level 2, 'Bad to worse.' Make it casual.

You will start near the point I've got it. Get to the part where you call out Jack to open to door to the greenhouse (which is the location of the second beserker.) Go back where you started the level. There is a emergence hole. When the enemies come up, it should be three wentches and a drone with a lancer. Tag the drone with the grenade. He might chainsaw you, but it's ok because the three wenches will follow you. All five of you should blow up, even in the process of being chainsawed.

Reload to the checkpoint, which is during Jack goes to open the door. Repeat nine more times.
FlyingAE86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 04:09 PM   #81
K-Bones

Send a message via AIM to K-Bones

KennyG90's Gamercard
Clusterluck Help

i nee dsome advide on getting the clusterluck achievement. I have tried the part when the locust cut down the door and its just not working for me so if anyone else has any other places that they got this achievement from, feel free to tell me
K-Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 04:18 PM   #82
chaos bz

chaos bz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos bz View Post
lol i just got the funniest idea on how to get the clusterluck even easier:
Same scenario-
Casual at the part where they breakdown the door

instead of throwing a grenade get close to the door (not in front because you will die) and just as you see them knock it down run up and TAG one of them with your grenade and make sure you block him in the door (best done in co-op, that way you can each stand in front of the door) the other 2 will group up and bang 3 kills + your already dead so you just load back and redo.

I know this works because I got it like this and helped a friend get it too.
Sorry if it has been posted before.
you will find more ways to do it in the achievement discussion threat.
chaos bz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:39 AM   #83
PsychoZX

PsychoZX's Gamercard
Clusterluck tip

Not sure if this has been posted or not. For those of you who want an easy way to get this achievement it is simple. Just get to the part of Act 3 where you have to walk across the boards and make sure you have grenades. Purposely fall in and wait till 3 or more of the lambent wretches have you in a corner and tag one with a grenade. It doesn't matter if you die before the grenade goes off or not just don't load the checkpoint until it does. Rinse and repeat until you unlock the achievement. Hope this helps someone.
PsychoZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:14 PM   #84
brickbazooka05

Brickbazooka05's Gamercard
Clusterluck

I heard you can do this in multiplayer, so if anyone wants to do this with me send me a Fr- Brickbazooka05, and we can do it in a player match.
brickbazooka05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:53 AM   #85
Muse07

Trying to work on my Pistolero Achievement

Am I understanding the achievement correctly?

I usually play in Execution, so what I do is... I down the enemy and execute them with a pistol shot. Does that count for a pistol kill? If not... explain what needs to happen.

Thanks
Muse07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:44 AM   #86
mrsnugglesalot69

t0k3s42o's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Rainbow Six Winner
i did the same thing you did, but then i started to play warzone and what u do is get them down then get a good distance away from them so its not a execution then just shoot them, thats how i did it and i got it
mrsnugglesalot69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:11 AM   #87
Chris764

Chris764's Gamercard
yeah i backed up too and then i would shoot them with my pistol.
I got so pissed off when someone would just blast the downed guy while I was backing up

Chris764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:03 AM   #88
zebatov
Banned User

Location: 45 minutes north of the only desert in Canada. Also where forest fires get people high.

zebatov's Gamercard
I'm playing on execution and shooting them while they're downed in the back, and not the head.
zebatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:25 AM   #89
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebatov View Post
I'm playing on execution and shooting them while they're downed in the back, and not the head.
Yes, that also works as long as you don't shoot them in the head. Just pay attention to the icon that pops up after you make the kill.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:31 PM   #90
zebatov
Banned User

Location: 45 minutes north of the only desert in Canada. Also where forest fires get people high.

zebatov's Gamercard
Honestly

Can you get the kill achievements under any mode? I can't seem to get the pistol achievement and I have 103 kills. I've been recording in a notepad. Everytime I shoot him in the back it shows a pistol to a guys head. That to me seems like an execution. Except I just shot him in the back the way I would on Warzone. I don't play Warzone, so if this is the case, then I guess I pretty much have to start from scratch. I wish whoever made the achievement guide would have stuck this in rather than stating the obvious.

Last edited by zebatov; 11-20-2006 at 04:50 PM.
zebatov is offline   Reply With Quote