PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Media Forum > The Gallery
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 12:12 AM   #1
xBootstrapp
 
xBootstrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 483

BootstrappMC's Gamercard
Bootstrapp's Gallery





Oldest to Newest;





































__________________

pixels

Last edited by xBootstrapp; 06-22-2009 at 08:34 PM.
xBootstrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:40 AM   #2
Skepsis93
 
Skepsis93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,078
Send a message via MSN to Skepsis93

Skepsis93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Lookin good Bootstrap, keep it up

My fave is the second DMC one
__________________
"What's a Toro? What the F**K is a Robin?!"

Skepsis93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:57 AM   #3
xBootstrapp
 
xBootstrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 483

BootstrappMC's Gamercard
Thank you Zippy,
I see you've made another yourself. And might I say it looks pretty dang good, your best thus far
__________________

pixels
xBootstrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:49 AM   #4
Squirrel257
 
Squirrel257's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 640

Squirrel x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I actually like the LBP one. Seems catchy.
__________________


Squirrel257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
cheesyp00fs
 
cheesyp00fs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Wales
Posts: 1,107

cheesy p0ofs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   SOTF Winner
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
keep it up, i strongly advice to move onto GIMP soon.
When you do use GIMP start off by following tutorials and you'll get the hang of it soon

cheesy.
__________________

dA | gN
cheesyp00fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:08 AM   #6
xBootstrapp
 
xBootstrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 483

BootstrappMC's Gamercard
Thanks for the comments and views mates
Havent had much time to do anything with school, soccer, and workk in the way.
But heres a little update;

V.1


V.2


Couldnt decide on the border =P
__________________

pixels
xBootstrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
cheesyp00fs
 
cheesyp00fs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Wales
Posts: 1,107

cheesy p0ofs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   SOTF Winner
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBootstrapp View Post
Thanks for the comments and views mates
Havent had much time to do anything with school, soccer, and workk in the way.
But heres a little update;

V.1


V.2


Couldnt decide on the border =P
the top border looks the best imo

cheesy.
__________________

dA | gN
cheesyp00fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:10 AM   #8
xBootstrapp
 
xBootstrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 483

BootstrappMC's Gamercard


Just a little something I thought I'd try out, inspired from Seedy's subzero sig. Probably could/should have added more color and such but this was pretty much just a test run. May edit or make another later.

EDIT: When I put it on here I noticed the terrible edges towards the top, so I am aware of that. Trying to fix it now but having trouble. If anyone could help, itd be greatly appreciated


EDIT2: Kinda fixed the previous sig a bit. Still not completely done but I think its good enough to add to the gallery.
V.2

__________________

pixels

Last edited by xBootstrapp; 03-02-2009 at 04:51 AM.
xBootstrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:24 AM   #9
xBootstrapp
 
xBootstrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 483

BootstrappMC's Gamercard
Another little update; Again, been really busy here lately and havent had much time at all to get on.
Feedback on this one?

__________________

pixels
xBootstrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:34 PM   #10
xBootstrapp
 
xBootstrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 483

BootstrappMC's Gamercard
One more added;


What do you guys think?
__________________

pixels
xBootstrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #11
cheesyp00fs
 
cheesyp00fs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Wales
Posts: 1,107

cheesy p0ofs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   SOTF Winner
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Looks good, i like the possition of text. Im guessing it's a SOTF entry?

Actually a pretty good contender so far.

Here's my entry:



im not to keen on it but i wont be editing
__________________

dA | gN

Last edited by cheesyp00fs; 03-18-2009 at 06:52 PM.
cheesyp00fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:13 PM   #12
xBootstrapp
 
xBootstrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 483

BootstrappMC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesyp00fs View Post
Looks good, i like the possition of text. Im guessing it's a SOTF entry?

Actually a pretty good contender so far.

Here's my entry:



im not to keen on it but i wont be editing
Haha yeah, you guessed it. I kinda feel like its too "busy" but I dont have much time to really sit down and put a great deal of work into it.
And I like yours. Simplicity always sticks out to me. And Im terrible at smudging, still learning that one

Edit; added another to the gallery

__________________

pixels

Last edited by xBootstrapp; 03-19-2009 at 03:32 AM.
xBootstrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #13
Cacky
 
Cacky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North Devon, England
Posts: 2,034
Send a message via AIM to Cacky Send a message via MSN to Cacky

True Intent's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   SOTF Runner Up   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Your SOTF entry is very nice. Keep up the good work.
__________________
Cacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:50 AM   #14
xDaNtEx 84
 
xDaNtEx 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Miami,FL
Posts: 64
Send a message via AIM to xDaNtEx 84 Send a message via MSN to xDaNtEx 84

xDaNtEx 84's Gamercard
lovin the current one..looks pretty sick, btw thanks for the info on siggy req
__________________

Sotw#16 GN Submission
xDaNtEx 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:55 AM   #15
Jagged 88
 
Jagged 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sunderland, England
Posts: 793

Jagged88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBootstrapp View Post
One more added;


What do you guys think?
That's a really good render/stock choice for the SOTF, the mosaic effect goes really well and pulls the picture together well. I like it mate, Keep 'em coming.
__________________
Jagged 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #16
cheesyp00fs
 
cheesyp00fs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Wales
Posts: 1,107

cheesy p0ofs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   SOTF Winner
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Yeah i really like your SOTF entry, one problem though, you don't seem to have done much to the actuall picture. Im sure i've seen that picture on google.

I see you've done some work on the right side, and added a c4d on the left side tough.
But still, it looks good GL
__________________

dA | gN
cheesyp00fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #17
xBootstrapp
 
xBootstrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 483

BootstrappMC's Gamercard
Thanks guys its always nice to come in here and see positive comments.
Im still learning a few techniques in pain.NET (haha yes Im still using it). Hoping to break the tie and move on to GIMP sooner or later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesyp00fs View Post
Yeah i really like your SOTF entry, one problem though, you don't seem to have done much to the actuall picture. Im sure i've seen that picture on google.

I see you've done some work on the right side, and added a c4d on the left side tough.
But still, it looks good GL
aww man, you got me lol
Yeahh...I did sorta "cheat" in using that render. I couldnt do much with the left side without it looking too messy/busy. Well theres two more days left, so I might get a little editing in for it.
__________________

pixels

Last edited by xBootstrapp; 03-22-2009 at 04:00 PM.
xBootstrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:56 PM   #18
cheesyp00fs
 
cheesyp00fs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Wales
Posts: 1,107

cheesy p0ofs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   SOTF Winner
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
No, keep it as it is, it looks pretty awesome. As long as you've done some editing to it it's not really the same picture so it should be fine (Y)
good chance of winning with that sig tbh
__________________

dA | gN
cheesyp00fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:40 PM   #19
xBootstrapp
 
xBootstrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 483

BootstrappMC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesyp00fs View Post
No, keep it as it is, it looks pretty awesome. As long as you've done some editing to it it's not really the same picture so it should be fine (Y)
good chance of winning with that sig tbh
Why thank you
I tried doing a few other things with it, but its just not going right lol. The left side of that render is pretty hard to work with. Im ready for the next SOTF already haha
Best of luck to you as well
__________________

pixels
xBootstrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:57 AM   #20
xBootstrapp
 
xBootstrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 483

BootstrappMC's Gamercard
Okay guys, been "kinda" getting more comfortable with GIMP. Havent had much time with it to be honest but thought I'd give it a go.
I know it isnt great but heres my first attempt at using the program;

__________________

pixels
xBootstrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:52 AM   #21
Gorillaz951
 
Gorillaz951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 101

ImANinjaFearMe's Gamercard

Awards Showcase SOTF Runner Up
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBootstrapp View Post
Okay guys, been "kinda" getting more comfortable with GIMP. Havent had much time with it to be honest but thought I'd give it a go.
I know it isnt great but heres my first attempt at using the program;

That looks amazing Boots. The lighting effects fit the picture great. Colors are very nice too. You will definitly be better off with GIMP though, has so many more features at a more easier setup in my opinion. I've only used it once but it was cool lol.
__________________


,;, Proudest Achievements ,:,

Gorillaz951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:21 PM   #22
xBootstrapp
 
xBootstrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 483

BootstrappMC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorillaz951 View Post
That looks amazing Boots. The lighting effects fit the picture great. Colors are very nice too. You will definitly be better off with GIMP though, has so many more features at a more easier setup in my opinion. I've only used it once but it was cool lol.
Thanks mate
But I agree, there are ALOT more effects than I thought. Its easier adding depth but blending and things like that are a little tougher to me. Hopefully Ill get some time from everything and really sit down and experiment.

p.s.
Your latest is quite great. Colors are so vibrant and out there. Like the overlays and the light source is really good too.
__________________

pixels

Last edited by xBootstrapp; 03-31-2009 at 02:24 PM.
xBootstrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:41 PM   #23
Suicide Mercy
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milton Keynes
Posts: 68
Send a message via MSN to Suicide Mercy

Suicide Mercy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBootstrapp View Post


Just a little something I thought I'd try out, inspired from Seedy's subzero sig. Probably could/should have added more color and such but this was pretty much just a test run. May edit or make another later.

EDIT: When I put it on here I noticed the terrible edges towards the top, so I am aware of that. Trying to fix it now but having trouble. If anyone could help, itd be greatly appreciated


EDIT2: Kinda fixed the previous sig a bit. Still not completely done but I think its good enough to add to the gallery.
V.2

Save this file as a PNG to eliminate that nasty white background (If The Original PSD is transparant background)
Suicide Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:07 PM   #24
xBootstrapp
 
xBootstrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 483

BootstrappMC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide Mercy View Post
Save this file as a PNG to eliminate that nasty white background (If The Original PSD is transparant background)
That one is saved as a PNG. I did quite terrible on that one, trying to use a different technique. ...but kinda gave up on it after a little post editing lol. Ill see about going back and finishing it up
__________________

pixels
xBootstrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:46 PM   #25
Gorillaz951
 
Gorillaz951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 101

ImANinjaFearMe's Gamercard

Awards Showcase SOTF Runner Up
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBootstrapp View Post
Thanks mate
But I agree, there are ALOT more effects than I thought. Its easier adding depth but blending and things like that are a little tougher to me. Hopefully Ill get some time from everything and really sit down and experiment.

p.s.
Your latest is quite great. Colors are so vibrant and out there. Like the overlays and the light source is really good too.
Thnx man . Took me about 45 min to do and I had been wanting to do a render of my favorite Pokemon for a long time. Only reason I did'nt cuz I could'nt find a large, decent render.

But anyway, a tip for the blending if you don't know it ; copy your main render around 3-4 times and smudge each layer, gradually decreasing the strength to blend them nicely. Also, the first way and probably the most simplest way I learned how to blend is just take a soft point eraser at around 85% opac and then just brush the sides. Hope it helps a little lol
__________________


,;, Proudest Achievements ,:,

Gorillaz951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:15 AM   #26
xBootstrapp
 
xBootstrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 483

BootstrappMC's Gamercard
Ahh okay, thank you.
I usually use C4Ds and fractals with different kinds of overlay properties but it gets a little more complicated in GIMP. Not to mention Im not that great at smudging lol still need alot of practice with that tool.
__________________

pixels
xBootstrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:07 AM   #27
xBootstrapp
 
xBootstrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 483

BootstrappMC's Gamercard
My second GIMP sig;



Quite happy with it actually. Might go back and touch up a little more, its late and Im getting lazy hah. That C4D behind her knee really needs fixing though.
What do you guys think?
__________________

pixels
xBootstrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:56 AM   #28
cheesyp00fs
 
cheesyp00fs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Wales
Posts: 1,107

cheesy p0ofs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   SOTF Winner
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I like the new metroid one
Much improvement, one c4d looks like it's cut out on the side though :P

keep it up.
__________________

dA | gN
cheesyp00fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #29
xBootstrapp
 
xBootstrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 483

BootstrappMC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesyp00fs View Post
I like the new metroid one
Much improvement, one c4d looks like it's cut out on the side though :P

keep it up.
Haha yeahh, I didnt realize how bad it looked until I posted it. That section was supposed to be used for a little blending but it was just too bold and it took away from the focal so I just set it to screen and left it there lol. Gonna do some post editing sometime today hopefully.
But thank youu Im kinda liking this GIMP stuff hah
__________________

pixels
xBootstrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #30
cheesyp00fs
 
cheesyp00fs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Wales
Posts: 1,107

cheesy p0ofs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   SOTF Winner
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Great to see you on GIMP, im expecting to see some impressive stuff from now on

Off-topic: 666 post muahahahaha
__________________

dA | gN
cheesyp00fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:32 AM.