Defeat Atlas on hard with ease (Brass balls will unlock if no vita chambers are used)

aj no messin

When you get to Atlas (the final boss of the game) you need:

• Full eve
  • Full first-aid packs
  • All Blizzard Plasmids
  • Anything else is not needed for this fight, but might come in handy.
  • Dummy Plasmid!!
  • the crossbow (Steel [regular], Fire, and Trap [the electric trip wires]).

When you first start, you need to run up to him and grab ADAM from him for the battle to start. When he comes down, he will start out as a fire element. Use your dummy plasmid to create a distraction Hit him with your Blizzard plasmid but wait for him to melt, as he does shoot at him with your Steel bolts for maximum damage. Shooting him while frozen takes time, does minimal damage and wastes ADAM! Repeat this process until he goes back on his restraining table. Remember keep using the dummy plasmid it is a vital distraction! It fools all enmies!!

Go grab more ADAM from him and he will come back down as the ice element. Use your dummy plasmid to create a distraction then hit him with your inferno plasmid, if you have it, and shoot at him with your fire crossbow. Repeat this until he goes back up.

Go grab more ADAM and he will come back down for a third and final time. He will be a multi-element so any plasmid and crossbow shots will work. I found Trap bolts work the best, these are the electric ones. This time when he is down you will also have a couple of splicers who will come down and try to attack you. Don't worry about them because the AI on these are really bad and will rarely hit you, just focus on Atlas. Right same as before, use your dummy plasmid to create a distraction, just keep shooting your crossbows and he will eventually go down. Achievement Unlocked.

!!KEEP ME LOCKED UP!!

I don't know why everybody uses plasmids on him. Aside the Dummy plasmid, I find them to be a waste of time (because you have to give yourself an injection so much). All that wasted time for very minimal damage from them - and it's not like it's hard to dodge him when he's not frozen. A mixture of Shotgun + steel traps in the first two parts of the battle and RPGs + grenades on the last (to do it quickly) work well for me.

dude everybody over emphasizes this. all you need is like full machine gun ammo, all rocket launcher would be good, and the security plasmid.(The one that makes bot attack him.) On the first attack, shoot him with the machine gun, if you're good you won't need and med pacs. Next use the plasmid on him and the bots will do most of the work. Then kick his @ss with the rocket launcher and heat seeking rockets.

Achievement Unlocked!!!!!:woop::woop::woop::rock:boom

• 2 weeks later...

I personally found Telekinesis and a shotgun/grenade combo to be most effective, especially since in his third phase sometimes the splicers like to get next to atlas and his electro ball-thingy has quite a bit of splash damage when it's returned to sender

Unless the game has been updated the easiest way is as follows:

1. Equip the 2 Wrench Jockey and Wrench Lurker enhancements, and a cold attack enhancer. Make sure you're using a fully upgraded Chemical Thrower full of Electric Gel. The only Plasmid that matters is Arctic Blast 3.

2. Attack during his first incarnation with Arctic Blast 3 and your Wrench from behind him, each incarnation should only be 2 or 3 Freeze Jobs worth of Wrench blows.

3. After his first incarnation, feel free to whip out the chemical thrower to make things faster and easier, the Electric Gel stuns him for a moment, so holding down the trigger stuns him until you need to reload or until he has to regenerate, a full ammo reserve will destroy 2 of his incarnations.

4. Misc helping items - Make sure you've fully researched the Turrets and Sentry Bots, hacking them can make the fight a lot eaiser, and it's a free hack if they're fully researched. Physical Tonics for Toughness and Speed are preferred.

I found it easy to do it as the following:

1) heat seeker missiles - Rocket Launcher

2) exploding arrows - Crossbow

3) Electric Gel - Chemical Thrower

Each weapon was fully upgraded and took no time what so ever to kill him even on hard mode :)

• 2 weeks later...

THIS BATTLE CAN LAST FOR ABOUT 1 MIN 30 IF DONE RIGHT. IM GOING TO TRY AND PUT THIS ON YOU TUBE SO IF I DO ILL PUT THE ADRESS OF WHERE TO FIND IT HERE.

The easiest way to beat atlas is to have full electric gel (200) about4-6 heat seeking rpgs, and about 5 explosive shotgun shells. first you make sure that you have sucurity bullseye equiped so when u press the plasmid button it comes out, shotgun loaded with explosive shells, rocket launcher loaded with heat seeking rpgs, chemical thrower loaded with electric gel. (all these guns have to be fully upgraded. also if ur like me and forgot to buy health paks its okay i did it WITHOUT full health or any health paks i had about half health. if that is the case then u might need a machine gun with some antipersonel rounds for the splicers that come when he is almost dead. but if done exatcly the way i say then you should be fine.) first if ur low on health hack the health station (HAVE HACKERS DELIGHT 2 SO U GET HEALTH AND EVE!) then get ur weapons/plasmid ready and then go up to him with ur chemical thrower on and then use it untill he goes back on his chair.(make sure u reload coz it saves time and health..) then get ur secruity bullseye ready and get his eve. when he hits u throw it at him and then immeditly after youve thrown it get ur chemical thrower with electric gel out and use the rest on him. (at this stage you should not have been hit at all. ) then get ur rocket launcher out with the heat seeking rpgs and take his adam. shoot them all as fast as you can because splicers are here. (make sure you move around him in a circle so he cant hit you.) then immediatly ater u have used all you heat seeking rpgs swap to your shotgun with explosive shells. then lay them all into him. he should go back onto his chair but if not get your chemical thrower back out and use the rest on him. (it takes about 160-180 to take all his health away the first 2 times.) then grab his adam and you have beaten the game. MAKE SURE YOU GET HIS ADAM AT THE END AS FAST AS YOU CAN BECAUSE THE SPLICERS WILL STILL ATTACK YOU AND CAN STILL KILL YOU EVEN IF YOUR DRAINING HIS ADAM SO BE CAREFUL.

IF YOU CANT DO THIS THE FIRST TIME MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BECAUSE I DID IT AND IM SHIT AT BIOSHOCK. I DID IT ON HARD AS WELL JUST IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING.

GT: II ted II

if you need to ask me something about it.

Edited by oh yay

• 3 weeks later...

Great technique. I managed to beat Fontaine on Hard using only 4 First Aid Kits, and it really wasn't as hard as I was expecting. I used a full canister of Electric Gel for both Phase 1+2 of the battle (also hit Atlas with Security Bullseye during the 2nd phase to get the sentry bots to help) I had around 25 Electric Gel left, used that at the beginning of the 3rd phase which took aound a quarter of his health. Then I simply pulled out the Heat-Seeking RPGS. Down and out Fontaine! I didn't even use one EVE hypo lol. Just another technique if anyone is struggling. I also had upgraded health/EVE.

• 2 weeks later...
When you get to Atlas (the final boss of the game) you need:

• Full eve
  • Full first-aid packs
  • All Blizzard Plasmids
  • Anything else is not needed for this fight, but might come in handy.
  • Dummy Plasmid!!
  • the crossbow (Steel [regular], Fire, and Trap [the electric trip wires]).

When you first start, you need to run up to him and grab ADAM from him for the battle to start. When he comes down, he will start out as a fire element. Use your dummy plasmid to create a distraction Hit him with your Blizzard plasmid but wait for him to melt, as he does shoot at him with your Steel bolts for maximum damage. Shooting him while frozen takes time, does minimal damage and wastes ADAM! Repeat this process until he goes back on his restraining table. Remember keep using the dummy plasmid it is a vital distraction! It fools all enmies!!

Go grab more ADAM from him and he will come back down as the ice element. Use your dummy plasmid to create a distraction then hit him with your inferno plasmid, if you have it, and shoot at him with your fire crossbow. Repeat this until he goes back up.

Go grab more ADAM and he will come back down for a third and final time. He will be a multi-element so any plasmid and crossbow shots will work. I found Trap bolts work the best, these are the electric ones. This time when he is down you will also have a couple of splicers who will come down and try to attack you. Don't worry about them because the AI on these are really bad and will rarely hit you, just focus on Atlas. Right same as before, use your dummy plasmid to create a distraction, just keep shooting your crossbows and he will eventually go down. Achievement Unlocked.

!!KEEP ME LOCKED UP!!

i can confirm this!!!! :)

I found it easy to do it as the following:

1) heat seeker missiles - Rocket Launcher

2) exploding arrows - Crossbow

3) Electric Gel - Chemical Thrower

Each weapon was fully upgraded and took no time what so ever to kill him even on hard mode :)

I also found the RPG's and Electric gel very effective.

basically full set of eletric gel (w/ weapon upgrades) allowed me to go through 2 of his forms without him even getting to touch me. Just hold down for a constant beam and he can't even move.

• 2 weeks later...

I beat him in a really cheap way.

First phase, Electric Gel.

Second phase, Electric Gel.

Last Phase, Heat-Seeking and Proximity Mines, cause you would have run out of Electric Gel by then.

I ignored all other enemies. Just be sure to watch your health, and use First Aid when necessary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...