PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-17-2011, 06:13 AM   #1
TheUglyCasanova

TheUglyCasan0va's Gamercard
So what happened..

One of the first demos I ever played once I got my Xbox and then the HD some months later...was FEAR2. I was so into it and actually scared at parts.

Playing the full game now..just wtf? It's about the ugliest game I've seen in ages. All the 'FLASH' scares are nothing more than expected..a little girl with dark hair is no longer scary at all, nor are flickering lights or obvious scares.

Did I mature that much in 2-3 years, or have I just played way better horror games (namely Alan Wake) and better FPS really ruin this game for me?

I haven't been scared by a game since RE2, but Alan Wake did give me the creeps sometimes..this just seems laughable as Lake Placid.

Guess it could be attributed to not being high as I had been for Alan Wake and most games I've rented lately...but it's just boring and overall badly conducted. I don't feel like im exploring when I'm trying to figure out which cubical has the door behind it that I need..meh. REALLY wanted to enjoy this, but never played the first so maybe thats why?
TheUglyCasanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:55 PM   #2
TTD187

TTD187's Gamercard
Well, honestly, this is the only scary game I've really played and quite frankly, I didn't really like the first F.E.A.R, it was more atmospheric than scary but very bad audio and the controls are like Far Cry Instincts, I find it a pretty boring experience although I do like F.E.A.R 2 I'm thinking about trying Alan Wake.

To all of you but Battlefield 3: F*** off!
TTD187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
iL HIJINX

Send a message via MSN to iL HIJINX

il hijinx's Gamercard
Taking into account the fact that I am scared easily but was still able to play both, F.E.A.R and F.E.A.R 2 in complete darkness really says something about the game and it's lack of atmosphere.

In all honesty, the only parts that freaked me out in F.E.A.R 2 were the levels that took place in the hospital, and Alma's elementary school.

Since the original F.E.A.R much scarier games have come out:

- Alan Wake (Not outright scary, more of a high-tension game.)
- Dead Space
- Dead Space 2 (Released well after F.E.A.R 2, but added it to the list anyways.)
- Condemned
- Condemned 2 (Don't really recall if this was released before or after F.E.A.R 2.)

In any case, what I'm trying to say is you may very well have been desensitized to F.E.A.R 2's offerings.
Compared to the majority of the titles on the list I compiled, F.E.A.R 2's offerings are pretty tame.
iL HIJINX is offline   Reply With Quote