PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Other Systems/Handhelds > Sony Systems
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-18-2006, 10:42 PM   #1
RiddlingCat

Send a message via MSN to RiddlingCat

RiddlingCat's Gamercard
PS3 Retards ...

"Short tempers, stampedes and guns marked the U.S. debut of the PlayStation 3. What would people do to get a PS3?

Two armed robbers approached a line of 20 people waiting outside a Wal-Mart store in Putnam, Connecticut. When Michael Penkala refused to give his money to the two gunmen, the assaulters shoot him. Luckily, Penkala is in stable condition.

Only 30 miles away, another buyer was robbed of his new PlayStation 3 just minutes after he bought it at a store in Manchester

AFP reports that on Wednesday police had to shut down a Wal-Mart store in the southern California city of Palmdale after a restless crowd of nearly 100 people turned rowdy.

CNN reports that in Allentown, Pennsylvania, a teenager was also robbed of his new PlayStation 3 by a man who tapped on his car window with a handgun and in Lexington, Kentucky, someone fired BB pellets from a passing vehicle at people waiting outside a Best Buy store.

The Associated Press got reports from police departments around the country informing similar situations; two people were arrested in Fresno, California, after a crowd trampled people in a parking lot. Two young men were assaulted in Sullivan, Indiana, by two teens after waiting for 36 hours at a Super Wal-Mart.

"They were unloading their PS3s from their car when two teens approached them carrying a chain and a tire iron and demanding their consoles", told Sullivan Police Chief David Story to AP.

We are starting to think that playing too much Grand Theft Auto games is really affecting PlayStation fanboys’ minds.

And you know what the worst thing is? That the PlayStation 3 is Not Worth the Hype."

If that's not enough, then click the link thats underlined

RiddlingCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:51 PM   #2
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I don't think they should blame it on GTA, that's just ignorant. But anyways, that's what Sony gets for charging 600 dollars for that shitbox.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:42 AM   #3
Lonsta DaMonsta

Send a message via AIM to Lonsta DaMonsta

Lonsta DaMonsta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Also, the people that paid $2,000-$4000 on eBay for their PS3's could have waited 2 days, and now get them for less than $1200 on eBay

First legit 1000 in Rockstar Table Tennis
First person to have 1750 in three different games
Lonsta DaMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:58 AM   #4
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
i was watching a review show on friday, and it was dedicated to PS3. I was kinda interested in what "Killer" games there were for the Ps3, so I watched. They reviewed 5 games. 2 of them got 1/5, one got 2/5. Madden got 3/5 because thats what they gave the xbox360 version and its the same thing. And Rise of Man Resistance got 5/5. Seems like the only good game... Not qorth it, too much hype I guess
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:05 AM   #5
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x L3giOn x View Post
I don't think they should blame it on GTA, that's just ignorant. But anyways, that's what Sony gets for charging 600 dollars for that shitbox.

I've possibly played more GTA than anyone in the world and I'm on the straight and narrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
i was watching a review show on friday, and it was dedicated to PS3. I was kinda interested in what "Killer" games there were for the Ps3, so I watched. They reviewed 5 games. 2 of them got 1/5, one got 2/5. Madden got 3/5 because thats what they gave the xbox360 version and its the same thing. And Rise of Man Resistance got 5/5. Seems like the only good game... Not qorth it, too much hype I guess
How many of the 360 launch titles were any good, lets be honest! They're just finding their feet. Patience is a virtue my young friend

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:08 AM   #6
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
I'd say there were a good number of 360 games that impressed me...
But the games they reviewed were supposed to be Kiler apps..

I know I wont be getting a PS3 unless it goes down in price and theres one game that can convince me...(Gran Turismo (Not HD))
Old 11-19-2006, 01:45 AM   #7
Fonkey Monkey

Send a message via AIM to Fonkey Monkey

Fonkey Monkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 1
360s launch was quite good actually. ALOOOOOOT better than ps3's. ok for 360 we had pgr3, kameo, cod2,condemend, need for speed, amped3, pd0, ridge racer, and king kong.
they have what, resistance fall of man? i think we can all use our heads and decide which was better.

Legendary Status!!
We Are Lasers.
Fonkey Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:13 AM   #8
CHPwannabe

dvidluvzsteph's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
its horrid to think people will act like that for the system,it was selling on ebay for $15,000.

CHPwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:42 AM   #9
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonkey Monkey View Post
360s launch was quite good actually. ALOOOOOOT better than ps3's. ok for 360 we had pgr3, kameo, cod2,condemend, need for speed, amped3, pd0, ridge racer, and king kong.
they have what, resistance fall of man? i think we can all use our heads and decide which was better.
Oops, forgot about Call of Duty And Condemned I suppose.

Apart from that though, none have rated as highly as Resistance, not sure Call of Duty did either come to think of it. And in all honesty, how many of us would have played Amped and King Kong if it wasn't for achievement points

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:59 AM   #10
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

I actually quite enjoyed PGR3, Amped, Call of Duty 2 and Need For Speed. Perfect Dark wasnt that bad either (Unless you hyped it yourself)
Old 11-19-2006, 04:47 AM   #11
PerpetualHeaven

Send a message via MSN to PerpetualHeaven

Perpalicious's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
There was a lot of fights surrounding the XBOX 360. People have beat up one another for an XBOX before. Why are you singling out a console just because you hate it?
And Time can shut it. I'll always go with someone who's more electronic based than "time". Click on this below if you want to see why CNET thinks it's worth it:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_PlaySta...?tag=pdtl-list

Again it's just one mans opinion. But i'll agree that the PS3 is not worth it at this point in time. Plus, who ever keeps listing the $600 obviously is ignorant about the PS3 as a whole. It's not necessary to buy the 60GB package. The HDMI is included in the 499$ package. Only thing you miss out is built-in wifi and a multimedia card reader. If you honestly need Wifi and a multimedia reader, than pay the extra $100.00.
Unleast you can change your HDD with any laptop HDD whenever you want. For the 360, you have to go out and mod your way for a larger HDD because they only allow their own HDDs to work on it(which are created by Seagate I believe). Maybe not a huge advantage but it's a decent one.
Achievement Completion %: 97.04
Gamerscore: 68,482

"Don't hate, perpetuate!"
PerpetualHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:59 AM   #12
zebatov
Banned User

Location: 45 minutes north of the only desert in Canada. Also where forest fires get people high.

zebatov's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiddlingCat View Post
We are starting to think that playing too much Grand Theft Auto games is really affecting PlayStation fanboys’ minds.
Did you say the GTA thing? Or did they? Just curious. Because it's been on XBOX for years now, and is also coming to the 360.

Also, my mom was telling me about a time back in the 80s about when these dolls... Maybe Cabbage-Patch, were really popular. People were punching each other and fighting to get them for their kids for Christmas. Reminds me of that one scene in "Jingle all the Way". I didn't hear anything about PS3 like that in Canada, but I did hear on the news some girls were gonna sell their PS3 in a week on EBay for like 2 grand after they've played it.
zebatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:04 AM   #13
zebatov
Banned User

Location: 45 minutes north of the only desert in Canada. Also where forest fires get people high.

zebatov's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah. I hear at one of their shows they demo'd a game and all it did was load. It also takes like 3-10 minutes to load a DVD movie. That was what I heard about two weeks before release though. They might have been able to change that between then and release though.

I'll go read on some PS3 forums. I know they're having issues with backwards compatibility in Japan, and that's a big factor for me, because even though I'm keeping my old systems, I still don't like to have to change video cables.

Last edited by zebatov; 11-19-2006 at 05:11 AM.
zebatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:17 AM   #14
Fonkey Monkey

Send a message via AIM to Fonkey Monkey

Fonkey Monkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWebbmeister View Post
Oops, forgot about Call of Duty And Condemned I suppose.

Apart from that though, none have rated as highly as Resistance, not sure Call of Duty did either come to think of it. And in all honesty, how many of us would have played Amped and King Kong if it wasn't for achievement points
i was just goin by gamespot launch reviews, never said king kong was any good

but just humor me hear and look at these 2 links if you will....
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews.html...c&sortdir=desc

stop at bejewled 2, last launch game.

ok now lets look at ps3 reviews...

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews.html...g=reviews;more

1 point for me!

Legendary Status!!
We Are Lasers.
Fonkey Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:29 AM   #15
PerpetualHeaven

Perpalicious's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonkey Monkey View Post
i was just goin by gamespot launch reviews, never said king kong was any good

but just humor me hear and look at these 2 links if you will....
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews.html...c&sortdir=desc

stop at bejewled 2, last launch game.

ok now lets look at ps3 reviews...

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews.html...g=reviews;more

1 point for me!
Mmmm, what does ratings matter if no one liked them? How many people hate PDZ? I went on the 360 forum on Gamespot, almost everyone hates that game even though it was rated 9.0 (which many people disagreed with).
Again to understand resistances rating, you'll have to watch the video review to make sense of it. He makes the game sound a lot better than 8.6.
And only 3 games at launch for 360 scored higher than resistance. I think there's too much judging going on based on the launch. Since when does the launch titles determine the consoles future? Never really. The 360s was better indeed and they were smart about pumping out a lot of titles.

Old 11-19-2006, 05:43 AM   #16
Butters

BUTTERS7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Didn't Sony announce at some point that they were going to sell some ridiculous amount of ps3's in like the first month? I think that they are insane because they have narrowed their market to middle class or higher, no average or lower class people like myself would be able to afford it.......pay the bills..or..Ps3? Hmmmmm.... Well I'm not a sony fan anyways so thats not the problem for me but what about potential customers who actually do want it. They need to consider that not everyone just has 600 dollars layin around.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:49 AM   #17
Xc0mmand0

Send a message via MSN to Xc0mmand0

Xc0mmand0's Gamercard
my dad got in an email from a electronic news sight that in japan people would sell their ps3s on ebay and lose about $100 dollars in the process.

360Voice

100% Retail: NFS:Most Wanted, LSW2:TOT, LOTR:BFME2, Viva Pinata, COD2, Test Drive Unlimited, Civilization Revolution, Frontlines:FOW, Oblivion, Crackdown, Gears of War, Halo 3, CoD:WaW

100% Arcade: Cloning Clyde, Pac-Man, Gauntlet, Hardwood Hearts, UNO!, Banjo-Kazooie
Xc0mmand0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:57 AM   #18
RiddlingCat

RiddlingCat's Gamercard
Was I the only one to not understand how someone was shot because of a stupid console ? How pathetic are people getting: pulling out guns on eachother, driving by with pellet guns, physical attacks etc ... over a game system; and not just any console but the PS3 ! I mean, it'd b more understandable if people were acting that way to get the 360, but come on ! We're talking about a $700 CAD grill here

Old 11-19-2006, 01:39 PM   #19
PerpetualHeaven

Perpalicious's Gamercard

Quote:
Was I the only one to not understand how someone was shot because of a stupid console ? How pathetic are people getting: pulling out guns on eachother, driving by with pellet guns, physical attacks etc ... over a game system; and not just any console but the PS3 ! I mean, it'd b more understandable if people were acting that way to get the 360, but come on ! We're talking about a $700 CAD grill here
Dude, you don't have to buy the $650 CDN. You can go ahead and buy the $540 one. No one is forcing you to buy the more expensive one at all.
And how is it more understandable? You're such a fanboy.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:19 PM   #20
PhilpotMusic

Send a message via AIM to PhilpotMusic Send a message via MSN to PhilpotMusic

PhilpotMusic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
"Two young men were assaulted in Sullivan, Indiana, by two teens after waiting for 36 hours at a Super Wal-Mart."

Wow, this is the town I live in, there are only about 6,000 people or less, the funny thing is we don't even have a super wal-mart!

How's my gaming?
www.PhilpotMusic.com

www.myspace.com/philpottheband
PhilpotMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:29 PM   #21
Lonsta DaMonsta

Send a message via AIM to Lonsta DaMonsta

Lonsta DaMonsta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
LOL, that is funny....

First legit 1000 in Rockstar Table Tennis
First person to have 1750 in three different games
Lonsta DaMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:58 PM   #22
trotpntbll

Send a message via AIM to trotpntbll

II ERRONEOUS II's Gamercard
Dude same thing happened with 360. There was a solid 3 shootings and muggings just in my area alone to get their hands on them....
trotpntbll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:51 PM   #23
dnut24
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to dnut24

FLXONYA's Gamercard
this happens all the time. people are going to do this shit no matter what cause people are loosers and cant get things themselves. i know for sure if i went to wal-mart at midnight, i would A) not bring cash, B) bring other friends and not go alone C) bring my gun. what i think people should do that got assualted is sue the stores they were at. cause the stores should know things can get crazy and should protect themselves and provide security.

people rob others for shoes, these are no "fan boys" as stated. these are just your average thug trying to make some money the only way they know how, by crime. i'm pretty sure these people dont even own a TV, let alone be able to play a PS3.
dnut24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:05 PM   #24
Muta32
Red Room Member

Muta32's Gamercard
Or they might just have kids. I'm not going to say that everything you will everything you will ever see on television is true, but you need to take parents into consideration; some of the things that happen TV shows actually happen in real life. I've watched the local morning news arounds christmas time, and heard about people who have mugged others, and I've even seen it happen in person. One morning (going for the early bird $h!t) in the isles at stores. Two moms with shopping carts were rushing through the toy section for their little kids. One of the 2 moms tryed to take something from the other ones cart, and they got into an all out brawl. I got my N64 game, and got the **** out of there. (Back in the '90s)
Old 11-20-2006, 10:19 PM   #25
RiddlingCat

RiddlingCat's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualHeaven View Post
Dude, you don't have to buy the $650 CDN. You can go ahead and buy the $540 one. No one is forcing you to buy the more expensive one at all.
And how is it more understandable? You're such a fanboy.
You do realize I was just joking ? As well, it would make sense that most members on this site would be fanboys, considering this site is dedicated to 360 ...

Old 11-20-2006, 11:19 PM   #26
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

This just reminded me of something... I remember awhile back, maybe E3 05' Sony announced that their system would have by far the most paunch titles ever. They said something between the range of 80-120. I knew it was kinda bullshit, false promises, etc...

Just wondering if anyone else remembers?
Old 11-21-2006, 02:38 AM   #27
I N64 I MaRiO
Banned User

I N64 I MaRiO's Gamercard
Quote:
"

Two armed robbers approached a line of 20 people waiting outside a Wal-Mart store in Putnam, Connecticut. When Michael Penkala refused to give his money to the two gunmen, the assaulters shoot him. Luckily, Penkala is in stable condition.

Only 30 miles away, another buyer was robbed of his new PlayStation 3 just minutes after he bought it at a store in Manchester
http://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&...hl=en&tab=wl&q= sorry.....had to do some research........UK has a connecticut? http://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&...hl=en&tab=wl&q= to be more precise.... oh and the ps3 is the NEXT GENERATION as i saw on tv......but i think wii is gonna come out on top.....behind the 3 mutha $@^&*^* (F word goes there am i aloud to use fuck?) 60 ya!!! thats 1. 360 2.wiiiiii 3. P$3 but hey im sure ps3 gonna do good in the long run like 2 years maybe 3 or 4......or so..... EDIT: LINKS DONT WORK dont bother w/ them i figured out whats i needed

Last edited by I N64 I MaRiO; 11-21-2006 at 02:40 AM. Reason: mishappen
I N64 I MaRiO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:54 AM   #28
thieflordgamer

Send a message via AIM to thieflordgamer Send a message via Yahoo to thieflordgamer

thieflordgamer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I hate the PS3 people in my city. Of course all of them wanted to turn around and sell it and who could blame them?

But they caused so much trouble at my local Wal-Mart that the Wii waiting line had to stay outside all day (or 2 days) in the freezing cold, which sucked. They wouldn't even tell us how many Wii's they had!

But it's interesting how all PS3 people wanted to sell it, all Wii people wanted to play the Wii, and for 360 it was about half and half.
thieflordgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:55 AM   #29
RiddlingCat

RiddlingCat's Gamercard
Quote:
This just reminded me of something... I remember awhile back, maybe E3 05' Sony announced that their system would have by far the most paunch titles ever. They said something between the range of 80-120. I knew it was kinda bullshit, false promises, etc...

Just wondering if anyone else remembers?
You guys remember the boomerang controller ?? Smart designing; whenever you're pissed at the game, you throw the controller and it'll just come right back to you

Old 11-21-2006, 09:29 PM   #30
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

I was designed so that when People played Ps3 for the first time, the people would spare the controller...and they could return it and get thier money back....

But when Sony Realized that people would get their moeny back, they quickly changed it back to normal...