PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Madden NFL 06
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-25-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
Irish Dave

Send a message via MSN to Irish Dave

Irish Dave's Gamercard
Thumbs up 200 Rushing Yards - My Advice

Hi Guys, this is my advice on how to get the "200 Rush Yards" Achievement

If your American, please do not leave any silly comments, as us Europeans prefer games such as Rugby and Football (Soccor), we like yourselves like Easy Achievement Games

In the game, Choose the "Falcons" and when your doing the passing play, the quarterback "Michael Vick" will most likley get the ball, use him to sprint down the field (hold down LT and RT - LT to hold the ball tight, RT to Sprint - Goes faster)

You dont have to get 200 yards in one go like I tried to do, just sprint like hell, if you sprint for 50 yards and get a touchdown, then when you get another touchdown after sprinting for 50 or so yards, you get 100 total with that player, keep doing this over and over, and it all builds up. Even if your only getting 10's and 20's, or maybe 30's, all the numbers add up.

What I did was sprint around the field with the player "Michael Vick" and just ran up and down in circles (Must have easily clocked 1000+ yards), before I realised the other teams players need to be within 5-10 yards (within 10 yards = Rush Yard), and if they get within 5, they will jump on you, espically the bigger players.

My Player did 16 touchdowns total in the game (1 minute per round), and made a total of 477 rushing yards from it. The Highest rush yard I got was 117, so as you can see, it all builds up, after the game the achievement unlocked

Enjoy the game

Last edited by Irish Dave; 02-25-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Irish Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:20 AM   #2
Tele-Rock

TeleRock's Gamercard
This is awesome . . . it totally demonstrates the disconnect between American sports and the rest of the world. It's interesting to see how things that I take for granted are completely new material to other people. Although there are a lot of people in the states that don't understand the strategy involved in soccer at all. So it works both ways.

But it's a good post, will probably help some other people with limited exposure to American football.

A couple of things I found funny, because well . . .why not?:

Michael Vick is a person's name, you don't have to qoute it. I'm surprised that you haven't heard of this guy because he is one of the world's biggest aholes. Google him.

On almost every play in football (not including field goals or punt, what we term special teams) the Quarterback is the first person to touch the ball. There are so few exceptions that they are not worth mentioning and would only confuse most people. So, yes on a passing play the QB will get the ball every time.

When calculating your rushing total, the only distance that counts is the amount of distance you cover going forward on the field in a straight line. This doesn't mean that you don't have to run from side to side or at an angle to avoid being tackled, but that if you moved the ball forward from the spot of the previous ball 15 yards even if you covered a distance of 50 years in your running, you only get credit for moving the ball 15 yards forward. Each one of the hash marks on the field is one yard apart. The amount of yards gained has nothing to do with how close you are to the other players, just that you did not pass (throw) the ball on the play, but that you ran with the ball.

Unfortunately your final statement is incorrect. A football field inbounds surface is only 100 yards long. So the highest rushing total anyone can get on a single play is 99 yards, not 117.

I hope this helps with your understanding of our sport.

This reminds me of a time I went on a date with a girl from Belarus who had never been to a baseball game before . . . holy shit was that hard to explain.

Thanks to chiefgonebad for the sig!
Tele-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
Irish Dave

Send a message via MSN to Irish Dave

Irish Dave's Gamercard
I know its only 100, however I got 117, like I said, I just used the one player to run up and down like a yoyo for quite sometime then ran for a tounchdown. Screen said at the bottom M. Vick 1 touchdown 117rushing yards.

I've noticed some good tips you've posted, and no, I've never heard of Michael Vick, may be famous there, but American Football isn't popular here in Europe.

It is as boring as the Eurovision Contest
Old 07-20-2009, 01:00 AM   #4
odionthemesiah

o ryou bakura o's Gamercard
if anyone is looking this achievement i HIGHLY recommend this guide worked for me 1st time try,thanks for the aesome guide man

Thanks to Gackt for an awesome signature
odionthemesiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:10 AM   #5
Heners

Send a message via MSN to Heners Send a message via Skype™ to Heners

ACL Heners's Gamercard
nice dudeeeeee
Old 01-29-2010, 06:45 AM   #6
Meatsim

MEATSIMF18's Gamercard
Man this achievement was giving me a hard time till I gave this a try worked like a charm Thanks. Grate guide
Meatsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:49 AM   #7
cherryontop420

cherryontop420's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
ya thanks for the heads up

cherryontop420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:24 PM   #8
wrestlingfan83

wrestlingfan83's Gamercard
Dave, I'll try this when i get home.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #9
Jade Rossi

Jade Rossi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If you like dogs, using the player "Michael Vick" is not recommended.
Jade Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #10
sccu

sccu's Gamercard
Thanks i got it on my first try
sccu is offline   Reply With Quote