Cheezbrgr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Excellent guide~!!!!
Cheezbrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:22 AM   #32
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Why have you written a guide so early? Illegally download the game?
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:13 AM   #33
neok182

neok182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
dude the game is already out in some countries and a lot of places shipped it out

NO RANDOM XBL FRIEND REQUESTS PLEASE
neok182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:28 AM   #34
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
It came out earliest for Austrailia on the 26th...it's the 27th right now (just turned) and the release date in Europe is today. The game must be an easy 3 hours to get all 1000 points! NICE!~ Do you see my point? I am very familiar with finding out release dates and things like that, even in other countries. For the guide to have been written in such little time, the game would have to have been obtained prior to release date.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:39 AM   #35
WhineyRabbit

Send a message via MSN to WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   N+ Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   Subscriber Uno - Runner-up   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I'm in the UK, it officially comes out today but I managed to buy a copy from my local Morissons as the old lady on the counter didn't have a clue it wasn't out yet. I only got it yesterday.
And I don't have 1000 points on it, you can write an achievement guide without getting all points you know, it's easy to fill in the gaps, researching across the internet, or your own experience thusfar with the game. Many of the achievements for this guide I've wrote are guesswork, and guess what, they're correct.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:41 AM   #36
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   N+ Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   Subscriber Uno - Runner-up   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Brad View Post
oh and by the way rabbit, just noticed that for the checklists above the achievement guide, the url link for campaign is broken, however the skirmish one is not.
Link fixed.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:42 AM   #37
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by neok182 View Post
great guide. awesome to have this for when i get it on tuesday.

One quick question though involving the skirmish achievements.

Do they have to be done as a skirmish or can they be done as a deathmatch.
From playing it so far, I've got the ones I have in standard skirmish games as I found Deathmatch to be VERY tough, especially against the Heroic AI, I got my arse handed to me on a plate.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:22 AM   #38
RYARNI

RYARNI's Gamercard
Brilliant guide matey, just what I was looking for in the other guide but never happened!
RYARNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #39
RYARNI

RYARNI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhineyRabbit View Post

24 Hours of Quality 20

Play Halo Wars for a total of 24 Hours.

You can't just leave the game loaded up for 24 hours, this requires you to have ingame play time of 24 hours, just keep playing the missions or xbox live and you will get it eventually.

Secret Achievements

Just a quick query about this one... are you sure you couldnt just leave an Easy skirmish running, upgrade your base fully so you are unpenetrable to 'easy' attacks, but never attack their base to win. Hence leaving it on for hours...

It seems possible, although Ive not tried it. Cant remember if you have time limitations either (not with game now)
Old 02-27-2009, 10:00 AM   #40
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
No there are no time restrictions, so that could work...although NO ONE will get the rest of the achievements before getting it...

(Over 3mill points for general????? At around 3k a game, thats 1000 games )

First in the World to finish Dungeon Siege III
First in the Southern Hemisphere to finish Mass Effect 3, Age of Empires Online and Babel Rising

Writer of the Dungeon Sige III and Babel Rising guides
MyPetWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #41
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYARNI View Post
[/center]
Just a quick query about this one... are you sure you couldnt just leave an Easy skirmish running, upgrade your base fully so you are unpenetrable to 'easy' attacks, but never attack their base to win. Hence leaving it on for hours...

It seems possible, although Ive not tried it. Cant remember if you have time limitations either (not with game now)
That's a possible solution, thank you, I'll add it to my guide
Old 02-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #42
RYARNI

RYARNI's Gamercard
Nice one, dont see why it wouldnt work.

Churn a few tanks out to sit just behind your 1st line of turrets. Or on the other hand, use the Covenant and build a scarab or 2! If it doesnt work it will at LEAST boost your time on the game substancially.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #43
Major Pancakes

Major Pancakes's Gamercard
Par times are wrong, either that or they change dependant on difficulty.

e.g Mission 5 for me was actually 21:00-35:00 I checked on completion. (Heroic Difficulty)
Major Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #44
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Pancakes View Post
Par times are wrong, either that or they change dependant on difficulty.

e.g Mission 5 for me was actually 21:00-35:00 I checked on completion. (Heroic Difficulty)
I'll look into this soon.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:28 PM   #45
Hybriidz

Hybriidz's Gamercard
wow thanks for the guide so fast might be because of release dates, im getting my copy today cant wait to play.

Halo 3 1750g - Halo Wars 1000g

CoD:Waw 10th Prestige - 4th Aug 09 11d 16h 52m
Halo 3 - All vidmasters/ Recon 1/10/09
Halo Waypoint level 50/ EVA helmet - 16/9/10
Hybriidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:39 PM   #46
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybriidz View Post
wow thanks for the guide so fast might be because of release dates, im getting my copy today cant wait to play.
No I got it a day early.
The whole reason I did this guide as quick as I could was for you guys getting it today.
I owe a lot of thanks to the people who helped too
Old 02-27-2009, 01:24 PM   #47
DefJamV

DefJamV x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Quote:
No I got it a day early.
The whole reason I did this guide as quick as I could was for you guys getting it today.
I owe a lot of thanks to the people who helped too
Welcome to the club, it seems you dont get slated like myself as much though, but yeah great guide man, a bit rusty but the game has only been out for a few days.

I writ a 50 cent guide with good descriptions for 43/46 of the achievements 2 days after it was released, and i was told it was shit XD

Then again, a 50 cent game is bound to attract some assholes. Haha, sorry for the rant.

Good guide, ever need somebody to boost with just holla, or somebody to coop with...

DefJamV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #48
neok182

neok182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
From playing it so far, I've got the ones I have in standard skirmish games as I found Deathmatch to be VERY tough, especially against the Heroic AI, I got my arse handed to me on a plate.
man i figured that would be easier since you don't have to worry about upgrading.

Thanks again for this guide. gonna be a huge help on tuesday since between school and gf coming down from college i got only 5 days to play the game and then no halo wars for a couple weeks. gonna see if i can get 600-700 gamerscore in it in 5 days lol.

NO RANDOM XBL FRIEND REQUESTS PLEASE
neok182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #49
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by neok182 View Post
man i figured that would be easier since you don't have to worry about upgrading.

Thanks again for this guide. gonna be a huge help on tuesday since between school and gf coming down from college i got only 5 days to play the game and then no halo wars for a couple weeks. gonna see if i can get 600-700 gamerscore in it in 5 days lol.
I've made a youtube video showing how to get Big Al's Scooter, just waiting for it to upload.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #50
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Added video guide for Big Al's Scooter, did it myself and I've never done a video guide so I messed up on my speech :P
Old 02-27-2009, 03:41 PM   #51
General Khazard

Sangheilioz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
There was another user on this forum that accused someone of illegal activity, and he was given disciplinary action. In the words of Prince Humperdink... "I would not say such things if I were you."

That said, there's a large number of people who have gotten the game early through promotions and retailers releasing/shipping the game early. Some people have even had it for a couple weeks now. None of these people downloaded it illegally, though I'm sure there are plenty of pirates that have, and they've been most helpful contributing in this forum, so I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to write a guide at this point.

That said, I wrote a review based on the demo somewhere in this forum, and I included a tips&tricks section as well as outlining a rushing strategy. If you want, whiney, you can use the tips & tricks I wrote up, just give me credit.

Last edited by General Khazard; 02-27-2009 at 03:51 PM.
General Khazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #52
larry69r

EOD Larry69r's Gamercard
hey just saying i found a really easy way to get the
penny pincher &
big al's scooter achievements in one game

set up a 1v1 death match (heroic difficulty) on blood gulch against cutter you using the prophet.
as soon as it starts build your temple and get your prophet then immediately run him to their base and start pounding them with your Y move on their main base atm the same time Que up some elite honor guards back at base as soon as they spawn send them through the teleporter for support and yeah easy done i manged to win in under 2 mins.
P.S also make sure not to build more then 10 units or u wont get penny pincher
hope it help's
larry69r
larry69r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #53
General Khazard

Sangheilioz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry69r View Post
hey just saying i found a really easy way to get the
penny pincher &
big al's scooter achievements in one game

set up a 1v1 death match (heroic difficulty) on blood gulch against cutter you using the prophet.
as soon as it starts build your temple and get your prophet then immediately run him to their base and start pounding them with your Y move on their main base atm the same time Que up some elite honor guards back at base as soon as they spawn send them through the teleporter for support and yeah easy done i manged to win in under 2 mins.
P.S also make sure not to build more then 10 units or u wont get penny pincher
hope it help's
larry69r
The only issue I see with that is resource management. The Prophet's Y-ability sucks up resources like a fat kid (me) at a place that gives out free soda (Mountain Dew). So you would probably have to lay off the cleansing beam until you have some Honor Guards being trained.
General Khazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #54
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Updated guide for the methane tanks.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:32 PM   #55
Just Nick

N1CK 17's Gamercard
Quote:
Added video guide for Big Al's Scooter, did it myself and I've never done a video guide so I messed up on my speech :P
Your welcome for the strategy :P
Old 02-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #56
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Nick View Post
Your welcome for the strategy :P
Yes, thanks it was a great help.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #57
207Pitcrew

Send a message via AIM to 207Pitcrew

INSAN3x5H4DOW's Gamercard
Does not look that hard for them
207Pitcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:06 PM   #58
Keynwar

keynwar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Khazard View Post
The only issue I see with that is resource management. The Prophet's Y-ability sucks up resources like a fat kid (me) at a place that gives out free soda (Mountain Dew). So you would probably have to lay off the cleansing beam until you have some Honor Guards being trained.
When you play Deathmatch-Mode, this is absolutley no problem
Old 02-27-2009, 09:57 PM   #59
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
This deserves to be stickied although I dislike the red colour lol but it is your choice.

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:07 PM   #60
ZundayXx

ZundayXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
For Rhino Hugger this way is way easier and wont eat up your Command Points:
Simply put 2 guass hog's infront of the Rhino's ( 3 if needed )

''All warfare is based on deception.'' - Sun Tzu
ZundayXx is offline   Reply With Quote