PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > Halo Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-27-2009, 11:31 PM   #61
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   N+ Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   Subscriber Uno - Runner-up   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Guide is currently being updated while me and my co-op partner play through.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:24 AM   #62
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   N+ Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   Subscriber Uno - Runner-up   Donator - Level 1
If anybody could tell me how to do the Beaming With Pride achievement than the guide will be finished and ready to submit.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:37 AM   #63
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Guide complete.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:43 AM   #64
RECKLESS LEGEND

RECKLESS LEGEND's Gamercard
Looks great I will definitely be using this after I get the General achieve. (which will take about a year since I suck at this game)
RECKLESS LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:39 AM   #65
Hooligunn

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooligunn

Hooligunn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
There is an error in your guide.

Ready for the Sequel 75
100% Completion
Complete all missions, all secondary objectives in the missions, collect all skulls, black boxes and gold medals on legendary. Then complete all skirmish maps on both deathmatch and standard.

This isn't strictly true. I just unlocked this achievement inadvertantly when I unlocked my last Skirmish achievement (Titan)

I have yet to go through on Legendary and I unlocked the achievement when I unlocked the TITAN ACHIEVEMENT. I have still yet to get 6 achievements (2 co-op, 2 rank multiplayer achievements, Legendary completion, 24 hours played).

It looks like you actually get the achievement for the following:

Completing Single Player
Attaining Gold Medals for Each Mission
Collecting all Skulls
Completing the Halo Timeline
Playing and Winning on all Skirmish Maps
Playing and Winning on both Skirmish Modes
Attaining All Skirmish Achievements

You do NOT have to complete the game on Legendary to gain this achievement. I have yet to do it and I've unlocked it (check my Xbox.com profile) when I unlocked my last skirmish achievement Titan (which if you look unlocked just after I gained this achievement).

Just wanted to let you know in case people start rushing off to do Legendary for this achievement
Hooligunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:42 AM   #66
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligunn View Post
There is an error in your guide.

Ready for the Sequel 75
100% Completion
Complete all missions, all secondary objectives in the missions, collect all skulls, black boxes and gold medals on legendary. Then complete all skirmish maps on both deathmatch and standard.

This isn't strictly true. I just unlocked this achievement inadvertantly when I unlocked my last Skirmish achievement (Titan)

I have yet to go through on Legendary and I unlocked the achievement when I unlocked the TITAN ACHIEVEMENT. I have still yet to get 6 achievements (2 co-op, 2 rank multiplayer achievements, Legendary completion, 24 hours played).

It looks like you actually get the achievement for the following:

Completing Single Player
Attaining Gold Medals for Each Mission
Collecting all Skulls
Completing the Halo Timeline
Playing and Winning on all Skirmish Maps
Playing and Winning on both Skirmish Modes
Attaining All Skirmish Achievements

You do NOT have to complete the game on Legendary to gain this achievement. I have yet to do it and I've unlocked it (check my Xbox.com profile) when I unlocked my last skirmish achievement Titan (which if you look unlocked just after I gained this achievement).

Just wanted to let you know in case people start rushing off to do Legendary for this achievement
As I am yet to unlock it myself, me and my co-op partner earlier were taking stabs in the dark.

Thanks for the information, I'll update the achievement guide now.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:53 AM   #67
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Now the final achievement has been clarified, this guide is now officially complete, and has been submitted
Old 02-28-2009, 06:27 AM   #68
Hooligunn

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooligunn

Hooligunn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Just as a heads up, I believe you must unlock ALL skirmish achievements as I put above, not just Titan as you have put. That includes:

- Titan
- 2 Bugs are Better Than 1
- Penny Pincher
- My Virtual Friends Love Me
- Walk Off Winner
- Big Al's Scooter

You've also got to unlock these ones below anyway for the Timeline achievement, but they are needed for the 100% so I'll just add them here too:

- Gallivant Around The Galaxy
- Playing the Field
- Empire Builder

Just didn't want your guide to have some misinformation that's all! Props to the rest of your guide though, very well done.
Hooligunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:49 AM   #69
pX I Atticus

dI Atticus Ib's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Even Easyier WAY to do this

Penny Pincher 10
Get a winning High Score with 10 or less Squads against the Heroic AI
This can be tough. Play as the Brute Chieftain and put the enemy as a USNC on Heroic. Imidiately build the temple and send your Chief to destroy the base, keep using his special attack. While that's happening send a couple of Brute's to assist.

Right start as any USNC leader on a DEATHMATCH game build a Airbase and 2 HAWKS and then the rest Warthogs the ATTACK keep using the Y Ability of the HAWKS which will eat the BASE ALIVE HAHAHA lol

This is a confirmed way i got the achievement this way

pX I Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #70
GhOsT SLaYeR

Send a message via AIM to GhOsT SLaYeR

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
" You must complete the campaign, obtain a gold medal on each mission, collect all skulls and black boxes, win as every leader in skirmish, win on every map in skirmish, win both a standard and deathmatch skirmish match and unlock the Titan achievement. " for 100% u need 24 hours of playing, i had everything there and didn't unlock till 24 hour.. some1 confirm idk if maybe it was just me or not.. Just saying u might wanna add that in there.

GhOsT SLaYeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:22 PM   #71
xGoRmSx

TwP GoRmS's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Great guide dude, will help alot

Fallout New Vegas: 1140/1140
Fallout 3: 1550/1550

xGoRmSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #72
neok182

neok182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
you are the man. ahh why is it not tuesday yet!!!!

NO RANDOM XBL FRIEND REQUESTS PLEASE
neok182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #73
random mr x

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
nice guide, but may i point out that to get the first skull you need to have killed at least 48 grunts before entering the base and you cant kill all units in the base or the mission will end before you collect the skull and when you go to rescue the 4th set of odst you must kill the grunts quickly or you wont get the 100 you need for the skull to appear.

also for the 24 hour achievement theres no point grinding it on a 1v1 skirmish the game takes longer than this anyway if you want your 1000
random mr x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #74
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Not really, after about 10 hours of Gameplay I'd got 42 achievements.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #75
Kirbster117

CaptainKirbster's Gamercard
On the guide, you've put in Ramblin' Man twice

Kirbster117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #76
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

I was in the middle of editing the guide.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #77
Infection Ftw

ROBBERT DHT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Minty   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I don't know if it has been said yet but The Heroic Par Time achievement and the completing on Legendary are easiest done with Catch, Sugar Cookies, Boomstick, Pain Train, Bountiful Harvest and Emperor Skulls activated. They all got positive effects.
Infection Ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #78
Little Jonny

LittIe Jonny's Gamercard
cool nice guide

pixels
Little Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:27 PM   #79
BTHR Zero X
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to BTHR Zero X Send a message via Yahoo to BTHR Zero X

BTHR Zero X's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Here add this if you can it is work in progress but I'll be updating it ^^

Skulls Locations/Requirements and Effects

Skull Name: Look Daddy! (Mission 1: Alpha Base)
Kill 100 grunts.
Special Effect: Grunts methane tanks always explode when they die.
Once you have Killed All 100 Grunts, Get a Warthog and rush back to the front gate of Alpha base the skull is where the Marines were held up.

Skull Name: Grunt Birthday Party (Mission 2: Relic Approach)
Kill 20 Jackals
Special Effect: Grunts explode into confetti.
Once you have Killed All 20 Jackals, Head back to Alpha Base with a Worthog its in the south end of the base.

Skull Name: Cowbell (Mission 3: Relic Interior)
Kill 45 Hunters
Special Effect: Destruction physics magnified x2 (More Bang For Your Buck :P)
Once you have Killed All 45 Hunters, Take a Grizzly (Leave the other one to help take out Hunters from the main Entrance), Anders, Forge and Your Marines Back to where they were held up and its on the central pad.

Skull Name: Wuv Woo (Mission 4: Arcadia City)
Kill 50 Elites
Special Effect: Scarabs shoot rainbow made of Pure Love <3
Once you have Killed All 50 Elites, Where you Set up Base Two in the Streets there are some stairs Next to it leading to a Bronze Statue Its next to the Statue.

Skull Name: Fog (Mission 5: Arcadia Outskirts)
Kill 5 Wraiths
Special Effect: No minimap - Final score will increase by 10%
Once you have Killed All 5 Wraiths, Get 3 Warthogs(Just in case of Attacks) and take them up the Tracks to the left of your Main Base and just keep going straight you'll come to a split in the Tracks just keep going straight.

Skull Name: Sickness (Mission 6: Dome of Light)
Kill 50 Banshees
Special Effect: All player units explode into Flood Units on Death - Final score will increase by 10%
Once you have Killed All 50 Banshees, Take a Squad of Marines to the Hanger Behind your Base its right there.

Skull Name: Rebel Sympathizer (Mission 7: Scarab )
Kill 10 Locusts
Special Effect: Non-player units recive 25% more hit points - Final score will increase by 20%
Once you have Killed All 10 Locusts, Get a Warthog And Take it to the Top Left of the Map where there was 2 Locusts and a Power Nod its right there.

Skull Name: Rebel Supporter (Mission 8: Anders' Signal)
Kill 750 Infection Forms
Special Effect: Non-player units inflict 50% more damage - Final score will increase by 20%
Once you have Killed All 750 Infection Forms, Head to the North Side of the Map where you got the Elephant then head east you'll come to a cliff, But you should be able to see a ridge that you can take a Group of Marines down. Head down the Ridge you'll find it.

Skull Name: Rebel Leader (Mission 9: The Flood)
Kill 20 Flood Stalks
Special Effect: Non-player units start with extra veterancy - Final score will increase by 20%
Once you have Killed All 20 Flood Stalks, Just to the North East of your Main Base is a downed Pelican. Just take a Warthog to claim it fast and easy.

Skull Name: Catch (Mission 10: Shield World)
Kill 350 Swarms
Special Effect: Non-player units recharge unit abilities in half the time - Final score will be increased by 20%

Skull Name: Sugar Cookies (Mission 11: Cleansing)
Kill 100 Sentinels
Special Effect: all player units have 50% more hit points - Final sore will increase by 50%

Skull Name: Boomstick (Mission 12: Repairs)
Kill 12 Spirit Transports
Special Effect: 5% chance any non-player unit blowing up upon death with Splash damage - Final score will increase by 10%

Skull Name: Pain Train (Mission 13: Beachhead)
Kill 10 Bomber Forms
Special Effect: All player units train 50% faster - Final score will increase by 25%

Skull Name: Bountiful Harvest (Mission 14: Reactor)
Kill 20 Vampires
Special Effect: Supplies arrive 25% faster - Final score will increase by 30%

Skull Name: Emperor (Mission 15: Escape)
Kill 3 Scarabs
Special Effect: All player Leader's powers recharge in half the time - Final score will Increase by 50%

Last edited by BTHR Zero X; 02-28-2009 at 09:49 PM.
BTHR Zero X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:43 PM   #80
Strike xX

Send a message via AIM to Strike xX

Strike xX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Great guide!! WTB sticky :]
Strike xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:48 PM   #81
morpheus2n

Send a message via Skype™ to morpheus2n

morpheus2n2's Gamercard
Thinkin' About My Doorbell 5
Mission 15: Open the Doors in order
Build a strong army preferably of Vultures and open the door in front of you. Then follow the arrow to the next one. After that ones open pick the one to the left of it and open it. Then follow the arrow to the next door and open it. Finally pick any remaining door and open it and again follow the arrow to open the last door. Easiest done on Easy.

(Thanks to dovislt)

Ok this is buggin me know have done it twice in the order listed yet it wont unlock any ideas
Old 02-28-2009, 10:02 PM   #82
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Make a new thread and call it skull guide, it will get stickied.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:03 PM   #83
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus2n View Post
Thinkin' About My Doorbell 5
Mission 15: Open the Doors in order
Build a strong army preferably of Vultures and open the door in front of you. Then follow the arrow to the next one. After that ones open pick the one to the left of it and open it. Then follow the arrow to the next door and open it. Finally pick any remaining door and open it and again follow the arrow to open the last door. Easiest done on Easy.

(Thanks to dovislt)

Ok this is buggin me know have done it twice in the order listed yet it wont unlock any ideas
Try swapping the order around, that's the order I did it and it worked.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:27 AM   #84
icypinksmurf

icypinksmurf's Gamercard
Just a suggestion the 'Walk Off Winner' achievement doesnt need to be done in skirmish, I got it in campaign.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhineyRabbit View Post
24 Hours of Quality 20
Play Halo Wars for a total of 24 Hours.
This must be in action time, so you cant just leave the menu loaded up.
RYARNI posted this solution:
Set up a skirmish 1v1 game on easy and upgrade your bass fully to include all turrets and hit your population limit with defenses, this way the enemy would find it very tough to destroy you, then leave the game running.
Please not this is not guaranteed as you could get destroyed.

You also typed not instead of note.

REST IN PEACE ELIZABETH - RRoD'd on 10/11/08
Please NO Random Friend Requests!

Last edited by icypinksmurf; 03-01-2009 at 12:41 AM.
icypinksmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:32 AM   #85
Reel Big Eddy

Reel Big Eddy's Gamercard
Quote:

Crushed Colors 10
Improve your Score in any Campaign Mission.
Complete a campaign mission getting a low medal like bronze, then replay the mission on the same difficulty and improve on it with a better medal.
I don't think this has to be done on the same difficulty, I'm pretty sure I got it when replaying a mission I'd completed on normal in heroic difficulty.
Reel Big Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:18 AM   #86
icypinksmurf

icypinksmurf's Gamercard
One question I have is do you have to complete the level for the black boxes/skulls to count? Say I die midway through the level and have to restart and I picked up both the skull and the black box, do I have to pick them up again and then complete the level?

Old 03-01-2009, 01:34 AM   #87
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by icypinksmurf View Post
One question I have is do you have to complete the level for the black boxes/skulls to count? Say I die midway through the level and have to restart and I picked up both the skull and the black box, do I have to pick them up again and then complete the level?
I can confirm you don't. When we missed a box, we loaded up the level, got the box and quit. It still counted.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:34 AM   #88
WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Guide updated with a road map!
Old 03-01-2009, 01:36 AM   #89
Squirrel257

Squirrel x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Great job on the guide. Congrats.

Squirrel257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:04 AM   #90
icypinksmurf

icypinksmurf's Gamercard
Quote:
I can confirm you don't. When we missed a box, we loaded up the level, got the box and quit. It still counted.
Same goes for skulls?