PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Viva Pinata
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-20-2006, 04:53 PM   #1
Crash

Crash xtr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Forza Tournament -  Made the Final Race   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Word of Mouth   Member of the Month   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

Challenger
Successfully completed 5 Factory requests
Complete 5 Factory requests within the time limit. Note: Piņatas sent away for a challenge will be returned, and saying no will not hurt you.

Master Challenger
Successfully completed 20 Factory requests
Complete 20 Factory requests within the time limit. Note: Piņatas sent away for a challenge will be returned, and saying no will not hurt you.

Romancer
Become Master Romancer for 5 species
Successfully romance 5 different species of Piņata.

Master Romancer
Become Master Romancer for 20 species
Successfully romance 20 different species of Piņata. There are over 60 to choose from so don’t worry if you are having trouble with one.

Collector
Made 5 species resident
Successfully convert 5 species of Piņata to be a resident in your garden.

Master Collector
Made 50 species resident
Successfully convert 50 species of Piņata to be a resident in your garden. Note: Buying Piņatas from the store counts towards your total.

Longevity
Played the game for 10 hours (real time)
Play the game for 10 hours.

Garden Value
Garden worth 25,000 chocolate coins
Get your total garden value is 25,000 chocolate coins.

Garden Value Master
Garden worth 100,000 chocolate coins
Get your total garden value is 100,000 chocolate coins.

Piņata Value
One Piņata worth 5,000 chocolate coins
Get one Piņata’s value up to 5,000 chocolate coins. One way to do this is buy expensive accessories for your Piņata. Also everytime your Piņata is sent away for a challenge they will increase in value.

Piņata Value Master
One Piņata worth 10,000 chocolate coins
Get one Piņata’s value up to 10,000 chocolate coins. One way to do this is buy expensive accessories for your Piņata. Also everytime your Piņata is sent away for a challenge they will increase in value.

Green Fingers
Grown 5 plants to maturity
Grow 5 plants to full grown maturity. Tip: Every time you see Seedos in your garden talk to him. You can usually get 2 or 3 free random seeds from him.

Master Green Fingers
Grown 25 plants to maturity
Grow 25 plants to full grown maturity. Tip: Every time you see Seedos in your garden talk to him. You can usually get 2 or 3 free random seeds from him.

Wealthy
Player has 25,000 chocolate coins
Just collect and have 25,000 chocolate coins available for use.

Wealth Master
Player has 100,000 chocolate coins
Just collect and have 100,000 chocolate coins available for use.

Label Designer
Made a Custom Label
Create a custom label for your Piņatas.

Piņata Name Caller
Named a Piņata
Name a Piņata. Put your cursor on a Piņata and hit the Y button to view statistics about your Piņata. In there you will be able to name it.

Helper Name Caller
Named a Helper
Name a Helper. Put your cursor on a Helper and hit the Y button to view statistics about it. In there you will be able to name it.

Talent
Player has reached Level 10
Complete enough tasks to reach experience level 10.

Master Talent
Player has reached Level 50
Complete enough tasks to reach experience level 50.

Secret Achievements

Land Owner
Garden Size increased once
You will obtain this by playing through the story. Acquired when you are given more space for your garden.

Master Land Owner
Garden size at maximum
You will obtain this by playing through the story. Acquired when you are given the max amount of space for your garden.

Sprinkling
Employed a sprinkling
Once available, hire a Sprinkling to water plants in your garden.

Gatherling
Employed a Gatherling
Once available, hire a Gatherling to collect produce in your garden.

Weedling
Employed a Weedling
Once available, hire a Weedling to weed your garden.

Watchling
Employed a Watchling
Once available, hire a Watchling to protect your garden.

Diggerling
Employed a Diggerling
Once available, hire a Diggerling to mine in your garden.

Shovel Strength
All the Shovel Handle upgrades
Obtain all the shovel handle upgrades. Some can be purchased from the shops, while others are given to you as you progress through the story.

Watering Can Do
All the Watering Can upgrades
Obtain all the water can upgrades. Some can be purchased and some are given to you as you progress through the story.

Super Shovel
All the Shovel Head upgrades
Obtain all the shovel head upgrades. Given to you as you progress through the story.

Harvester
Collected produce from a Buzzlegum, Moozipan or Goobaa
Get a Buzzlegum, Moozipan or Goobaa Piņata to produce honey, milk, or yarn. Tip: there is a "glitch" that allows you to get the achievement by simply buying the produce from the store, honey being the cheapest.

Generosity
Player turned the Beggar into a Trader
Give 1000 chocolate coins to the beggar to turn him into a trader. Once a trader, new items are available for purchase.

Sour Tower
Tower of Sour has 2 pieces
Acquire 2 pieces of the Tower of Sour. These can be purchased from the store after breaking open a new Sour Piņata. Also, these can be obtained for free by converting Sour Piņatas into residents.

Master Sour Tower
Tower of Sour has 6 pieces
Acquire 6 pieces of the Tower of Sour. These can be purchased from the store after breaking open a new Sour Piņata. Also, these can be obtained for free by converting Sour Piņatas into residents.

Taffly Fertilizer
Player has made fertilizer with the Taffly
Get your Taffly to make fertilizer. You can direct him to eat fruit to make some, or also direct him to a plant that is still growing and he may fertilize it.

Evolver
Evolved 2 species
Get 2 different species of Piņatas to evolve into a new species. Examples:http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=12992

Master Evolver
Evolved 8 species
Get 8 different species of Piņatas to evolve into a new species. Examples can be found in this thread:http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=12992

Variants
Made 5 variant Piņatas
Create 5 variant Piņatas. Examples can be found in this thread:http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=13256

Variants Master
Made 20 variant Piņatas
Create 20 variant Piņatas. Examples can be found in this thread:http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=13256

Pigxie Prize
Cross romancing a Swanana and a Rashberry
You need to Cross-Romance a Swanana and a Rashberry. As you progress through the game Willy the builder will have a new Mystery House for sale. Buy and build it. Now get the Swanana and Rashberry to be ready for romancing (heart above their heads) and romance them together. They should enter the Mystery House and produce an egg. When the egg hatches it will be a Pigxie.

Cluckles Hatches Egg
Player has hatched an egg using the Cluckles
You need to have Cluckles hatch a Piņata egg. To do this get two of your Piņatas to romance and an egg will be delivered to them. Once the egg has arrived click on Cluckles and direct it to the egg. Cluckles will cause the egg to hatch and the achievement will unlock. Easiest way to get a Cluckles is to simply buy it from the Pet Store.

Horticulturist
Full bonus growth for 5 plants
Get Full bonus growth with 5 different types of plants. To get full bonus growth, use fertilizer. Note: Most plants can take 3 uses of fertilizer right away, but trees have to have one per growth spurt. The tone of sound will tell you if you used it correctly.

Master Horticulturist
Full bonus growth for 25 plants
Get Full bonus growth with 25 different types of plants. To get full bonus growth, use fertilizer. Note: Most plants can take 3 uses of fertilizer right away, but trees have to have one per growth spurt. The tone of sound will tell you if you used it correctly.

Macaracoon Gift
Player has been brought a Romance Sweet by a Macaracoon
Obtained when given a Romance sweet by Macaroon. Note: you must select the Macaroon to get the sweet. This may take a few tries.

Sherbat Dance
Player has distracted Dastardos with the Sherbat
First obtain a Sherbat as a resident. Now wait until a Piņata is sick, but don’t heal him. When Dastardos comes out to break the sick Piņata, direct Sherbat to Dastardos. The Sherbat will stun him for a moment and then the achievement will unlock.

Crowla Delay
Player has distracted Dastardos with the Crowla
First obtain a Crowla as a resident. Now wait until a Piņata is sick, but don’t heal him. When Dastardos comes out to break the sick Piņata, direct Crowla to Dastardos. Crowla will stun him for a moment and then the achievement will unlock.

Longevity Master
Played the game for 50 hours (real time)
Play the game for 50 hours.

Cocoadile Tears
Player has attained full bonus growth for a plant using the Cocoadile tears
First obtain a Cocoadile. Now plant a plant and direct Cocoadile to it while growing. The Cocoadile will fertilize it with his tears.

Mallowolf Howl
Player has used the Mallowolf to scare off Ruffians
Wait until a Ruffian appears in your garden. Now direct Mallowolf to the Ruffian and Mallowolf will howl to scare him off.

Chewnicorn Healing
Player has healed a Piņata with the Chewnicorn's power
Find a sick Piņata. Now direct Chewnicorn to the sick Piņata and the Chewnicorn will heal it.

Last edited by Crash; 12-07-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:54 PM   #2
Crash

Crash xtr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Forza Tournament -  Made the Final Race   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Word of Mouth   Member of the Month   1,000 Posts
Here is my achievement guide for Viva Pinata. Please add anything that you wish. Also please let me know if there is anything that should be corrected.

Thanks to WarriorPriest13 for updates on some of the achievements.

Last edited by Crash; 11-20-2006 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:51 PM   #3
WarriorPriest13

Send a message via AIM to WarriorPriest13

WarriorPriest13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Crash,

I would like to add a few key points to the ones listed below if I may. See the words in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Variants
Made 5 variant Piņatas - 20gp
Create 5 variant Piņatas. Examples: White Flutterscotch, Green Flutterscotch, Red Flutterscotch.

Flutterscotches did not give this to me as the game lists them as seperate species. What did work was doing things like feeding a turnip to a Whirlm and making the little guy turn purple or give a Taffly a buttercup seed to turn him yellow.

Variants Master
Made 20 variant Piņatas. - 20gp
Create 20 variant Piņatas. Examples: White Flutterscotch, Green Flutterscotch, Red Flutterscotch.

Same as above.

Horticulturist
Full bonus growth for 5 plants. - 20gp
Get Full bonus growth with 5 plants. To get full bonus growth, use fertilizer. Note: Each plant can take 3 uses of fertilizer. The tone of sound will tell you if you used it correctly.

Master Horticulturist
Full bonus growth for 25 plants. - 20gp
Get Full bonus growth with 25 plants. To get full bonus growth, use fertilizer. Note: Each plant can take 3 uses of fertilizer. The tone of sound will tell you if you used it correctly.

For these two it has to be different plants. You can't do 25 pieces of corn and get it. I tried. If my count is right there are 27 different plants that can be fertilized. Also on most plants you can fetilize them 3 times off the bat. On the trees though you have to wait for it to grow between times you use the fertilizer.

Macaracoon Gift
Player has been brought a Romance Sweet by a Macaracoon - 20gp
Obtained when given a Romance sweet by Macaroon.

For this one you have to put the cursor over the Macaroon and hit 'X' to bring up the menu. From there you can select to fing the romance sweet. This may take a few tries.
Hope this helps.

WarriorPriest13
(He who is working on the 50 hours) Man this takes a while. LOL!!
WarriorPriest13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:53 PM   #4
Crash

Crash xtr's Gamercard

Thanks. I will update my list. Some things I haven't done myself yet, just going by what I had heard.

Old 11-20-2006, 05:56 PM   #5
WarriorPriest13

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth
addition

Crash,

Well I am playing, . Poor 360, I have run her nonstop almost. LOL! The only one left for me to get is the 50 hour one. I should be close as I have played it almost nonstop since I have been ill and out of work.

-WarriorPriest13
Old 11-20-2006, 09:10 PM   #6
appleselppa

Awsome post. I'm having a problem with the 10k coin though =/

I'm lvl 55 and can only get my Chewiecorn up to 9,500k using the most expensive accessories. Ideas?
appleselppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:06 AM   #7
Mr Arrow

Mr Arrow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I turned a Bugglegum green when it ate the flower from a Venus Pinata Trap.

(Note: These plants will spread QUICKLY if you do not monitor them constantly!!)
Mr Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:21 PM   #8
WarriorPriest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleselppa View Post
Awsome post. I'm having a problem with the 10k coin though =/

I'm lvl 55 and can only get my Chewiecorn up to 9,500k using the most expensive accessories. Ideas?
When Pinata Central asks for a single Pinata keeping sending the Chewnicorn. Every time he comes back he is worth more loot. Also you want to make sure he is completely happy. You can do this by feeding him Joy Candy. That is how I got my Mallowolf the number one on the leader board for Mallowolfs and number 35 in the country for all pinatas.

-WarriorPriest13

Last edited by WarriorPriest13; 11-21-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:59 AM   #9
DaKing240

Send a message via AIM to DaKing240 Send a message via MSN to DaKing240 Send a message via Yahoo to DaKing240

DaKing240's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Poker Final Table   1,000 Posts   Halo 2   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Found another variant - Fudgehog and Bluebell seed.

Also, Taffly eats the seed, not the buttercup plant...

Another variant - Pretztail and Bluebell

Another variant - Newtgat and the Waterlily seed.

Have your Sparrowmint eat a daisy... it will turn into a Candary...

Last edited by L3giOn; 12-08-2006 at 05:47 AM. Reason: for posting 5 times in a row
DaKing240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 03:37 AM   #10
WarriorPriest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKing240 View Post
Have your Sparrowmint eat a daisy... it will turn into a Candary...
Actually I think it is a buttercup you have to feed him.

-WarriorPriest13
Old 11-25-2006, 02:33 PM   #11
Mr Arrow

Mr Arrow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I have a question about the trees.

I have had a Monkey Nut tree growing in my garden for ages and it has not yet reached maturity. It does not look stunted as it is very big. Does anyone know how long you have to wait for this particular tree to mature?
Mr Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:49 AM   #12
razzleson

razzleson's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Member of the Month   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
For the Pinata Value Master don't use a Chewnicorn. Use an Elephant. With Chewnicorn you can't get over 10k with just accessories, you have to also send him off on factory missions.

However, using the Elephant you can get over 11k with just accessories.
razzleson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:11 PM   #13
stevo 360

oI MAGIC MAN Io's Gamercard
for the longitivity achivment eg.
Longevity Master Played the game for 50 hours (real time)Play the game for 50 hours.
can you just leave the xbox runing or do you have to play?
stevo 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:34 PM   #14
salazaar99

salazaar99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamd View Post
can anyone please tell me a fast way to earn money
Plant 5 or 6 Birds of Paradise at a time. Make sure you give each 3 doses of Orange fertilizer. Don't plant them too close to each other to save on fertilizer. I found it lowers the value of some of them. If you keep them watered properly when they are ready to be sold they will be worth 1440 each. The Orchids (green fertilizer) are worth 1800 each if grown properly. Just spend an hour or so planting these and selling them when they mature. If you don't have either of these seeds available, you can use chili seeds. I was growing 4 of them in a bunch. If you place four of them as close together as possible each dose of red fertilizer will work on all four. When grown properly each chili will be worth 400.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:27 PM   #15
Crash

Crash xtr's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo 360 View Post
for the longitivity achivment eg.
Longevity Master Played the game for 50 hours (real time)Play the game for 50 hours.
can you just leave the xbox runing or do you have to play?
Yes you can do this. Just be careful of pop up messages/events, as some of them can pause the timer. Best bet would be to hit the X button to bring up the first menu. The timer will still run while that menu is up and it blocks pop-ups.

I have done this a couple nights now and am up to 229 of the 250 days for the achievement (50hrs = 250days in game)

Old 12-09-2006, 08:25 AM   #16
stevo 360

oI MAGIC MAN Io's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Quote:
Yes you can do this. Just be careful of pop up messages/events, as some of them can pause the timer. Best bet would be to hit the X button to bring up the first menu. The timer will still run while that menu is up and it blocks pop-ups.

I have done this a couple nights now and am up to 229 of the 250 days for the achievement (50hrs = 250days in game)
chrz for that be sure to try it today
stevo 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:09 AM   #17
Sotaco

Sotaco's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thx for the guide it was very useful.

Sotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:26 PM   #18
Crash

Crash xtr's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotaco View Post
Thx for the guide it was very useful.
Glad you found it useful.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:14 AM   #19
Th3Soulkeeper

Send a message via AIM to Th3Soulkeeper Send a message via MSN to Th3Soulkeeper Send a message via Yahoo to Th3Soulkeeper

Th3Soulkeeper's Gamercard
Great guide, it really does the trick.

One thing that does look wrong on the achievements guide frontpage :

Shovel Strength 20
All the Shovel Handle upgrades
Obtain all the shovel handle upgrades. Handles are given to you as you progress through you gardener levels, and can be bought from Ivor’s shop. They include:
  • Level 1: Broken Handle
  • Level 6: Iron Handle
  • Level 13: Bronze Handle
  • Level 23: Silver Handle
  • Level 25: Gold Handle
  • Ivor: Platinum Handle – 11,250cc
I just bought it from Ivor only says 1125cc

Just letting you know.

Soul.
Th3Soulkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #20
stusjb137

Excellent guide, I must give thanks. It has helped me and the significant other out so many times, much appreciated.
stusjb137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:08 AM   #21
Walcherina

Walcherina's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
To save some time in getting Longevity Master, just press X to bring up the menu. Time will still run and you wont get those dumb pinata shortages mission things.

(Thanks to The Pants Party)
Walcherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:55 PM   #22
Ufochaser42

ufochaser42's Gamercard
Re: Longevity Master

I think that this achievement description should be modified. Techically, you don't get the achievement for 50 hours of gameplay, you get it at 250 garden days. You can play the game for well over 50 hours and not have 250 garden days due to the fact that garden time stops during the romance mini-games, while shopping, while looking at your journal, while watching the romance dances: all things i would consider spent as time playing the game.
Ufochaser42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #23
WrekTaFyr

WrekTaFyr's Gamercard
Achievement Clarification

Okay...I've tried to find some clarification of the Variation Achievement...but it just doesn't seem to be happening. Do you need 5 variant pinata of one species (like Flutterscotch for example) or do I need a variant of five different species (Flutterscoth, Wirlm, Sparomint, Doenut and Buzzlegum for example)? I'm pretty sure it's the latter...but can't find any concrete information to verify it. Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Last edited by WrekTaFyr; 04-27-2007 at 02:45 PM.
WrekTaFyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:54 PM   #24
highpass

highpass's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Simply make 5 - 20 of the variants detailed in this thread.

Syrupent
Gold: Buttercup flower
Blue: Bluebell seed
Pink: Bottle of Medicine

Taffly
Green: Poison Ivy flowerhead
Yellow: Buttercup seed
Purple: Blackberry seed

...for example will total 6 variants.
highpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:13 PM   #25
WrekTaFyr

WrekTaFyr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by highpass View Post

Syrupent

Taffly

Okay...so one variant of any species counts towards that total. So...if I had a variant of each color possible for the Flutterscotches...I'd have 9, and get the achievement?
Old 04-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #26
highpass

highpass's Gamercard

Aren't the Flutterscotches actually counted as species as opposed to variants? I seem to remember something along those lines.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #27
WrekTaFyr

WrekTaFyr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by highpass View Post

Syrupent

Taffly

Okay...scratch the Flutterscotch thing. Take the example you gave me...if I make three Syrupents eat those items...and then three Tafflies eat the other three items...I end up with 6 variants...giving me the achievement for 5 variants? Right?

Last edited by WrekTaFyr; 04-27-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:30 PM   #28
Crash

Crash xtr's Gamercard

Correct, you should get the achievement doing it that way.

@highpass; Yes flutterscotch colors are counted as species, not variants

Old 04-27-2007, 03:36 PM   #29
WrekTaFyr

WrekTaFyr's Gamercard
Quote:
Correct, you should get the achievement doing it that way.
Perfect...thank you Crash. Thank you very much highpass!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 04:24 PM   #30
highpass

highpass's Gamercard

Any time, Wrek. That's what we're here for .