Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-07-2009, 09:38 AM   #31
sherzza

SHERZZAxOWNEDxU's Gamercard
thank god u made this great help
sherzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #32
Krueger

Send a message via AIM to Krueger Send a message via MSN to Krueger Send a message via Yahoo to Krueger

Krueger x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Third Place   Submit - Gold   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
On Anders Signal everytime i get to the elephant trapped with the flood the elephants blows up and i fail the mission anyone know what is happening?
Old 03-07-2009, 09:30 PM   #33
Bubba Brad

I BuBBa BraD I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
On Anders Signal everytime i get to the elephant trapped with the flood the elephants blows up and i fail the mission anyone know what is happening?
If your using Boomstick skull then deactivate it, this could mean that the tentacles are exploding when you destroy them and it'll damage the elephant. Apart from that, unless your carpet bombing the tentacles I can't think of any reason why its exploding.

Hope this helps.

UPDATE: GUIDE IS NOW COMPLETELY FINISHED (sorry for the delay)

If an admin or mod could sticky this that'd be great.
Hope this guide helps you guys out. If not then lemme know and see what I can do. x
Old 03-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #34
DevilGuy
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to DevilGuy

Hipoppotamus's Gamercard
I love you. Thanks so much!
DevilGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #35
sr1

SR1 UK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilGuy View Post
I love you. Thanks so much!
I second this and all the other praise..You deserve it...
sr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #36
Siduakal77

Siduakal77's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Wish this guide had been finished when I did the game on coop legendary (We have 2 missions left, and I can do them np.. they're easy compared to the others before them..)

Good guide, I'd just suggest adding the build order - Not just what to build, most people are inept at building order for their structures I've noticed online.
Siduakal77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #37
Infection Ftw

ROBBERT DHT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
About mission 14 I suggest to make a elephant at the beginning and place the core behind your base. Also make 4 turrets, the north ones anti-vehicle and the south ones anti-air. Otherwise the core will get destroyed after 5-6 minutes.
Infection Ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #38
Vladdd309

Vladdd309's Gamercard
Something I noticed on Mission 4 - make sure you don't have the boomshot skull on. The passengers are non-player units and kept on blowing up the carrier. Not sure if this was a glitch or designed that way, but I took it off and did the level without too much hassle.
Vladdd309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #39
Bubba Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdd309 View Post
Something I noticed on Mission 4 - make sure you don't have the boomshot skull on. The passengers are non-player units and kept on blowing up the carrier. Not sure if this was a glitch or designed that way, but I took it off and did the level without too much hassle.
Yes, thats correct, the quicker the passengers die, the quicker the enemy A.I. can move towards the cargo ships, so obviously the longer they live, the more time they spend trying to kill them and not going for the cargo ship. Making things a little bit easier. Ill add this to my guide in a NOTE on mission 4.

Thanks.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #40
LT TRAV

CPT TRAV's Gamercard
Bubba Brad i really appriciate the time you have taken to create the guide and thank you on behalf of the people that use it.
Just one thing buddy do you have any more tactics on the "dome of light" mission scenerio i max out the population with upgraded scorpions but they keep getting owned by hunters, and my base gets overun by the time ive got the 5th rhino down,
any info you can share id be gratefull.
LT TRAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #41
smallskillzu

smalls killz u's Gamercard
Im on mission 7 and that method sounds good gunna try it out
smallskillzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #42
Bubba Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT TRAV View Post
Bubba Brad i really appriciate the time you have taken to create the guide and thank you on behalf of the people that use it.
Just one thing buddy do you have any more tactics on the "dome of light" mission scenerio i max out the population with upgraded scorpions but they keep getting owned by hunters, and my base gets overun by the time ive got the 5th rhino down,
any info you can share id be gratefull.
Your best bet from what Ive found is to stick to the suggested method but move some of the scorpions from rhino destination #1 back to your base to defend, and with the canister shell secondary fire the hunters don't really seem to last long, especially with 3-4 scorpions together. If your getting over run before #5 just request it, pelican it over to the spot and quickly move it over the mark. I had to do this on one of my tries.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:09 PM   #43
Vladdd309

Vladdd309's Gamercard
I followed Bubba's guide almost to the letter, esp grouping the Scorpions in groups of 3-4. Towards the end I just moved the Scorpions at 4 and 5 back to the start of the right hand path to defend the base - spammed Scorpions out the factory with the rally point in between rhino 1 and 2.

I lost Scorpion 2, but Bubba's tip to use the pelicans to move them quickly was a life saver.

On the whole though, I thought this was the second toughest mission on Legendary though - after Mission 4 of course.
Vladdd309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #44
Bubba Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdd309 View Post
I followed Bubba's guide almost to the letter, esp grouping the Scorpions in groups of 3-4. Towards the end I just moved the Scorpions at 4 and 5 back to the start of the right hand path to defend the base - spammed Scorpions out the factory with the rally point in between rhino 1 and 2.

I lost Scorpion 2, but Bubba's tip to use the pelicans to move them quickly was a life saver.

On the whole though, I thought this was the second toughest mission on Legendary though - after Mission 4 of course.
Glad to see my strategy work out for you my friend.
The most crucial tip for level 6 is being at the location before-hand as this helps to drastically lower both the onslaught of enemies and your total time.

If you guys find any better strategies or obvious ones I've missed, post 'em up and ill gladly add them to the guide.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:21 PM   #45
Scotty Joe

Cheers amazing guide especially for lvl 10. I was trying to save all three teams but now know u only need to save alpha. Cheers
Scotty Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:24 AM   #46
firehawk12

firehawk1234's Gamercard

For Mission 8, just inch your way through to get the Brutes to come to you. Do NOT go forward. Eventually, you will trigger the Spartan spawn. In this state, they are invincible and will kill all the brutes for you if you do not "control" them. Just let them clean up the area before going forward.

For Mission 9 and 10, I suggest using the same strategy as 13 and 14, but only build Scorpion tanks. You can clear each level within 15 minutes or so.

For Mission 11, just hide in the spot where there are four turrets and build as many hornets as you can... clean up the back part of the hull and then go forward.
The reason why this works is that the turrets are lined up so that you can heal all four at the same time.
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:56 AM   #47
Helvirahel

Helvirahel's Gamercard
Wish I would have seen this. Game wasn't that hard on legendary as long as you remember that killing everything is not always important, but this might have made it take less time.

Also just a comment on mission 8 that'll make it quicker at the start, back off your elephant and charge Forge in alone. As soon as he dies the spartans spawn. Mission 10 only save the last team since the spartans in it can't die. You don't really need to even pay attention to it. If one dies, just wait and go get him when you can.
Helvirahel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:04 AM   #48
Bubba Brad

Thanks Helvirahel Ill add it to the guide now.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:29 AM   #49
STALIN117

stalin117's Gamercard
Smile

In mission 5 I'm constantly, getting rushed from hunters any ideas on how to stop this or defend against it ?

handy tip for misson 6, If your struggling to clear area 5, once you’ve cleared the covenant bases just simply use a pelican to drop the rhino behind the covenant forces while their focusing on your units.

13/15 mission completed in legendry ... o wait mission 4

Last edited by STALIN117; 03-09-2009 at 04:39 AM. Reason: more detail
STALIN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:59 AM   #50
SeventhlevelX

sevs753's Gamercard
as for mission 5, what i always do is mass an army of Hornet and upgrade them with the guys riding shotgun (i dont remember what its called but its the forst hornet upgrade that adds 2 marines with rocket launches on the legs of the hornet). the hunters cant fire on air units so your perfectly safe from the hunters firing back while you decimate them and the base. just make sure not to ignore the base turrets or other covenant units like elites and jackels as they can still fire at your hornets and kill you.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:21 AM   #51
General Khazard

Sangheilioz's Gamercard
Great guide, but I did mission 4 differently. I did it on co-op with my best friend from back home, and basically as soon as we could build a base, I gave him control of all my units and focused on the base. Our strategy was to protect Cargo 2 and nothing else, sending forge's 'hog up to revive the spartans as needed (they do actually help, since the Covenant seem to prioritize attacking them). Instead of hornets, however, we focused on marines. We built supply pads, two reactors, and a barracks, and upgraded to heavy pads first, then marine upgrades up to ODSTs. Once you have ODSTs, recycle the barracks and make a field armory to research adrenaline and up your population. If you have resources to burn, upgrade the turrets and/or carpet bomb too (CB helps a lot when covies are crossing the bridge and bunched up).

Make sure you never fall below 350 resources in case you need to drop a heal on the ship, and put out marine squads every so often when you have the barracks. Garrison them in the towers around the map starting with the ones closest to cargo 2, and moving outward, then use the ODST drop as needed. You should have the ODST upgrade done anywhere from 11 minutes left to 7 minutes left (we had 9 minutes left, so I gave a 2-minute buffer) If you have a ton of ODSTs around Cargo 2, then almost nothing will touch it.
General Khazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #52
LT TRAV

CPT TRAV's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Brad View Post
Your best bet from what Ive found is to stick to the suggested method but move some of the scorpions from rhino destination #1 back to your base to defend, and with the canister shell secondary fire the hunters don't really seem to last long, especially with 3-4 scorpions together. If your getting over run before #5 just request it, pelican it over to the spot and quickly move it over the mark. I had to do this on one of my tries.
Thanks Brad ill try it again and see how i get on, ill let you no if it works and thanks for getting back to me.
LT TRAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #53
Waylander808

Waylander808's Gamercard
mission 4 is definetely frustrating at first everythings great i have 2 jacked locust a couple of banshees and a ghost then i build my base but it gets destroyed so im thinking i can survive for 9 mins but no i cant because of a stupid banshee attack i definetely would have made it if i had those skulls to help

[B]Looking to Boost: Army of Two (online achievements and mission 7 and 8), SOF Payback, Rock Band 2(million point club, Bachman Turner Award for this one i can only be guitar or drums but i prefer guitar, and overdrive overdose), and Gears of War 2(DLC Cheeves)

1000s
Skate 2
Oblivion
Cod 4

200s
NONE
Waylander808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:53 AM   #54
Klebo

Klebo's Gamercard
This guide is fantastic and does really work, I used the tactics on Heroic for the par times and it worked wonders now its time for legendary

100,000 Gamerscore Reached: 25/10/12 at 20:53
Achievement Unlocked: A Dish Best Served Cold
Game: Lego Harry Potter Years: 5 - 7
Klebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:28 AM   #55
RenegadeSniper7

Vasilii Zaytsev's Gamercard
Great guide, I suggest submitting it to GameFAQs.

1000+ - Arkham Asylum, Avatar: TLA, Bad Company 2, Borderlands, CoD4, CoD: WaW, Clive Barker's Jericho, GoW (1140), Halo 3 (1750), Halo Wars (1020), Metro 2033, Oblivion (1220), The Godfather II

800+ -
Assassin's Creed (835), AC II (910), Path of the Furon (810), Halo 3: ODST (930), Lost Odyssey (850), Mass Effect (895), Mass Effect 2 (960)
RenegadeSniper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:41 AM   #56
Aletdownofstate

Aletdownofstate's Gamercard
Great guide, made the last couple of levels a breeze on Legendary.

People with huge sigs' need to go die. You know who you are.
Aletdownofstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #57
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Either I'm doing it wrong or the glitch on mission 7 does not work anymore.

Never mind it's working.

Done mission 7 now lol.

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!

Last edited by IXISHADOW; 03-10-2009 at 03:44 PM.
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #58
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylander808 View Post
mission 4 is definetely frustrating at first everythings great i have 2 jacked locust a couple of banshees and a ghost then i build my base but it gets destroyed so im thinking i can survive for 9 mins but no i cant because of a stupid banshee attack i definetely would have made it if i had those skulls to help
I did mission 4 with no skulls on just make 2 reactors 1 field armoury 1 air pad rest supply pads. And queue up lots of upgraded hornets and send them to the 2nd rescue ship, make missile launcher turrets to defend from banshees and put 3 or 4 hornets infront of your base to defend from wraiths.
By the way make sure you are building the base on the grassy patch otherwise you may get over run at the other building spot. Keep your focus mainly on the 2nd rescue ship healing when needed and use hornet y attack on units such as hunters and banshees. Save at about 5 minutes incase of the mega turret which will automatically destroy the last remaining rescue ship. If this happens just reload your save and hope it does not happen again. When doing legendary always use save every 5 minutes or so. Skulls help lots if you have them use them.
Hope this helps.
If you have any further trouble with any missions on legendary send me a message over xbl or private message me on here.

Just to warn you if you are struggling with mission 4 you will have a near impossible time beating mission 5 + 6.

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #59
bullet25

Bullet25's Gamercard
dude that you so f@&king much this guide is rape in a bottle.
bullet25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #60
Mickk

MickQuesadilla's Gamercard
I didn't know the hornets had a Y attack.

And I've completed all on legendary on par times except level 4, so, not necessarily.
Mickk is offline   Reply With Quote