PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > Halo Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #61
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Forge died on mission 8 and the spartans did not spawn.
This does not work.

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!

Last edited by IXISHADOW; 03-10-2009 at 04:47 PM.
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #62
IXISHADOW

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickk View Post
I didn't know the hornets had a Y attack.

And I've completed all on legendary on par times except level 4, so, not necessarily.
Most if not all units have a y attack if you have done the first upgrade.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #63
Bearded Bugs

Bearded Bugs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXISHADOW View Post
Most if not all units have a y attack if you have done the first upgrade.
Hornets don't have a "Y Attack" though as far as I know...

Bearded Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #64
IXISHADOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Bugs View Post
Hornets don't have a "Y Attack" though as far as I know...
Think your right they don't need one they kick ass anyway. But yeah most y attacks are gained from the first upgrade.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #65
IXISHADOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvirahel View Post
Wish I would have seen this. Game wasn't that hard on legendary as long as you remember that killing everything is not always important, but this might have made it take less time.

Also just a comment on mission 8 that'll make it quicker at the start, back off your elephant and charge Forge in alone. As soon as he dies the spartans spawn. Mission 10 only save the last team since the spartans in it can't die. You don't really need to even pay attention to it. If one dies, just wait and go get him when you can.
Spartans won't spawn this does not work.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:15 PM   #66
Bubba Brad

I BuBBa BraD I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Spartans won't spawn this does not work.
okay thanks shadow,
can anyone else confirm this, as I cant personally verify it as Ive got RROD,
thanks.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #67
IXISHADOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Brad View Post
okay thanks shadow,
can anyone else confirm this, as I cant personally verify it as Ive got RROD,
thanks.
I can try this on my brothers xbox if that is enough proof for you. Also ashame to hear about RROD. Hope you get it repaired soon

Old 03-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #68
Infection Ftw

ROBBERT DHT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Just finished mission 4 (was the last one) and I suggest hornets are better then marines. ODST takes too long and I made it in 1 go with the hornets. This was the only mission I had to do over following the guides of each mission. Great guide and thank you also got 14/15 missions par time. I only need to do the 14th mission heroic for the achievement.
Infection Ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #69
IXISHADOW

Now confirmed on my brothers xbox and copy of the game. It does not work at all.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #70
Bubba Brad

Quote:
Now confirmed on my brothers xbox and copy of the game. It does not work at all.
Okay thanks Shadow,
Not that I was doubting you, it may just have happened on the one-off time, but now that you've proven me wrong ill change it in the guide.

Yeh, i know RROD's always come at the worst times, and on an elite?? i did think it was suppose be fixed for them but guess not. Probs be fixed by mid april.

Update: guide to mission - Anders Signal has been updated correctly, thanks to shadow for the information

Last edited by Bubba Brad; 03-10-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Bubba Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #71
IXISHADOW

Quote:
Okay thanks Shadow,
Not that I was doubting you, it may just have happened on the one-off time, but now that you've proven me wrong ill change it in the guide.

Yeh, i know RROD's always come at the worst times, and on an elite?? i did think it was suppose be fixed for them but guess not. Probs be fixed by mid april.

Update: guide to mission - Anders Signal has been updated correctly, thanks to shadow for the information
You have every reason to doubt me. Nobody wants false info right? Glad to help.

Microsoft so called stopped the xbox's from overheating guess your one of the unlucky ones. Hopefully its sorted soon.

My analog stick is messed up on my control it keeps sticking downwards of upwards. Sending that off tomorrow hopefully get a new one You're not the only one with problems hehe.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:10 PM   #72
Bubba Brad

Quote:
You have every reason to doubt me. Nobody wants false info right? Glad to help.

Microsoft so called stopped the xbox's from overheating guess your one of the unlucky ones. Hopefully its sorted soon.

My analog stick is messed up on my control it keeps sticking downwards of upwards. Sending that off tomorrow hopefully get a new one You're not the only one with problems hehe.
Modern technology eh? More trouble than its worth in most cases. Saying that, I could gladly fix the RROD myself and have done a couple of times on my friends normal 360's but I don't want to void my warranty on my elite so a good months waiting shall be fun.

I guess I could always play Gears (Windows), Halo 2 (PC) or Dawn of War (PC) on my laptop but we'll have to see, I'm pretty bogged down with work and low on money. Life of being a Student though I guess.

Just my luck, I've got 9 controllers (8 wireless and 1 wired) and never had any problems with any of them, and the only problem you have is with yours, pretty much just sums it all up.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #73
IXISHADOW

Quote:
Modern technology eh? More trouble than its worth in most cases. Saying that, I could gladly fix the RROD myself and have done a couple of times on my friends normal 360's but I don't want to void my warranty on my elite so a good months waiting shall be fun.

I guess I could always play Gears (Windows), Halo 2 (PC) or Dawn of War (PC) on my laptop but we'll have to see, I'm pretty bogged down with work and low on money. Life of being a Student though I guess.

Just my luck, I've got 9 controllers (8 wireless and 1 wired) and never had any problems with any of them, and the only problem you have is with yours, pretty much just sums it all up.
Yeah stuff is always breaking in this house.My next door neighbour has had RROD 3 times he turned his xbox off and back on and it worked, luck to be honest. I get one ring and have to stroll into town with it to get a replacement. DAMN THINGS.

I leave school in 2 months and go onto college fun times lol. I'll see how that goes. Also what's with the 9 controls?

Also if you don't mind me asking do you have hotmail if so private message be your address. Easier to tell you things that need/could be edited on this awesome thread.

Last edited by IXISHADOW; 03-10-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #74
Bubba Brad

Quote:
Yeah stuff is always breaking in this house.My next door neighbour has had RROD 3 times he turned his xbox off and back on and it worked, luck to be honest. I get one ring and have to stroll into town with it to get a replacement. DAMN THINGS.

I leave school in 2 months and go onto college fun times lol. I'll see how that goes. Also what's with the 9 controls?

Also if you don't mind me asking do you have hotmail if so private message be your address. Easier to tell you things that need/could be edited on this awesome thread.
9 controllers is really for two reasons, at home before I moved to University I had 2 xbox's, one which I left for my bro. I had 4 controllers for each, and 1 wired one for my laptop for Gears (Windows) and other games.

I do have hotmail, I not every really on msn, but I do check my inbox pretty much every 6 hours so if you have any problems just email me, however, msg's on xbox.com or on here through PM's would be much easier for me.

heres my email: radley_b_ltd@hotmail.com
Old 03-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #75
IXISHADOW

Quote:
9 controllers is really for two reasons, at home before I moved to University I had 2 xbox's, one which I left for my bro. I had 4 controllers for each, and 1 wired one for my laptop for Gears (Windows) and other games.

I do have hotmail, I not every really on msn, but I do check my inbox pretty much every 6 hours so if you have any problems just email me, however, msg's on xbox.com or on here through PM's would be much easier for me.

heres my email: radley_b_ltd@hotmail.com
Ok understand now. Also I sent you a FR on xbox live can you accept them on xbox.com?

Old 03-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #76
Bubba Brad

Quote:
Ok understand now. Also I sent you a FR on xbox live can you accept them on xbox.com?
yeh, you can pretty much do everything on xbox.com accept stuff such as as; private chat, game-invites and voice messages (but that stuffs pretty obvious, lol)

BTW I just accepted your f/r
Old 03-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #77
General Khazard

Sangheilioz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infection Ftw View Post
Just finished mission 4 (was the last one) and I suggest hornets are better then marines. ODST takes too long and I made it in 1 go with the hornets. This was the only mission I had to do over following the guides of each mission. Great guide and thank you also got 14/15 missions par time. I only need to do the 14th mission heroic for the achievement.
I highly disagree. For the population cost of one hornet you can get 2 marine squads, and for the supply cost of one hornet you can get 2 and a half marine squads. You don't have to get upgraded to ODSTs before you produce any units at all, you know... I made infantry right away and put them in the towers/lifts by the cargo ship before I had even done the RPG upgrade, and they just got better as I researched higher.
General Khazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #78
IXISHADOW

Quote:
yeh, you can pretty much do everything on xbox.com accept stuff such as as; private chat, game-invites and voice messages (but that stuffs pretty obvious, lol)

BTW I just accepted your f/r
Cheers maybe when you get your xbox back we can play a few games together

Old 03-10-2009, 06:39 PM   #79
Bubba Brad

Quote:
Cheers maybe when you get your xbox back we can play a few games together
yeh definetely, sounds good to me, i finish uni for easter break on april 3rd (my birthday w00t!!!) and im off for 2 weeks, might be repaired by then. If not then I finish uni completely for the year around May 15th and don't start the next year until Sept. 15th so will have plenty of time inbetween then to be online (around 4 months).
Old 03-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #80
Infection Ftw

ROBBERT DHT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Well disagree or not I only failed once with it at 1 minute remaining because I forgot to put enough hornets around the east side of cargo ship 2 so the 3 banshees that come now and then shot and crashed it down. But after loading my safe and placing some hornets there I didn't have any problems at all.

Also I accedently build a Vehicle depot so I had to recycle it and make a Air pad but I still had enough time left for it. Guess marines works too since others did it but I failed with them.
Infection Ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #81
IXISHADOW

Quote:
yeh definetely, sounds good to me, i finish uni for easter break on april 3rd (my birthday w00t!!!) and im off for 2 weeks, might be repaired by then. If not then I finish uni completely for the year around May 15th and don't start the next year until Sept. 15th so will have plenty of time inbetween then to be online (around 4 months).
I break up for easter april 12th I think and finish in early may on study leave. College in september. So yeah 4 months to obtain general rank lol. Play you soon. Happy b day 3 weeks in advance.

Sent you a message look on xbox.com

Old 03-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #82
Bubba Brad

Quote:
I break up for easter april 12th I think and finish in early may on study leave. College in september. So yeah 4 months to obtain general rank lol. Play you soon. Happy b day 3 weeks in advance.

Sent you a message look on xbox.com
haha, sweet, 4 months for general should be do-able.
my xbox.com inbox is empty. did you send it to the wrong person?
Old 03-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #83
IXISHADOW

On mission 10 when you say alpha do you mean the one with the spartan red team? Because that is charlie perhaps you could change it. Because everything at alpha on my campaign just died and I did not fail.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:17 PM   #84
Bubba Brad

Quote:
On mission 10 when you say alpha do you mean the one with the spartan red team? Because that is charlie perhaps you could change it. Because everything at alpha on my campaign just died and I did not fail.
yeh, I meant Spartan based extraction unit at the top of the map. If its charlie then ill change it now, thanks.

UPDATE: Mission 10 - Spartan Team Alpha changed to Spartan Team Charlie, thanks go to IXI Shadow

Last edited by Bubba Brad; 03-10-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:21 PM   #85
IXISHADOW

Mission 10 where are the other 3 gremlin spots? I can't find them.
Foud one.
Lets hope it's all I need.

Last edited by IXISHADOW; 03-10-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #86
Bubba Brad

theres one spot directly above the evac team with the grizzly, one to the left of Charlie Team and one just above the first gremlin spot, but to get to it you have to go through the Flood Base to the right of Charlie Team.

EDIT: I would put these in my guide, and have just tried to but unfortunately Ive used all 10,000 characters for each of the posts for the guide sorry.

Last edited by Bubba Brad; 03-10-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #87
IXISHADOW

Quote:
theres one spot directly above the evac team with the grizzly, one to the left of Charlie Team and one just above the first gremlin spot, but to get to it you have to go through the Flood Base to the right of Charlie Team.
Thanks this will help me complete this mission.
Done cheers.

Last edited by IXISHADOW; 03-10-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #88
IXISHADOW

Any tips for mission 7 and 2 on heroic? Doubt 2 will be hard but I did other objectives stopping me from getting under par. How about mission 7 though?

Old 03-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #89
Bubba Brad

Quote:
Any tips for mission 7 and 2 on heroic? Doubt 2 will be hard but I did other objectives stopping me from getting under par. How about mission 7 though?
for mission 7, the scarab one, right? just do the marines in the sniper tower glitch and work from there, getting your kill/death ratio up and using scorpions to mash the scarab.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #90
IXISHADOW

Ok seen as its on heroic should be easier and mac blast does do a fair bit of damage.