PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > Halo Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
Christophaleez
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 48

SergeantSpud 93's Gamercard
Buying a Mythic map pack code off ebay?

Why oh why are people paying over 20 for a code that earns you 3 maps, when they are actually worth just over 5(800 points) or you could just spend the extra 10 on the LE version and get the satisfaction of owning a limited edition game?
__________________
Christophaleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
mmartynn
 
mmartynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: coventry, UK
Posts: 1,713
Send a message via MSN to mmartynn

mmartynn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophaleez View Post
Why oh why are people paying over 20 for a code that earns you 3 maps, when they are actually worth just over 5(800 points) or you could just spend the extra 10 on the LE version and get the satisfaction of owning a limited edition game?

to get them early like all LE owners or for the fact its collectable.
__________________
-owning noobs since 1990-
mmartynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
Volcom guy992
 
Volcom guy992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 503

Volcom Guy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartynn View Post
to get them early like all LE owners or for the fact its collectable.
If I sound like an ass when i say this im sorry thats just how my wording comes out sorry again.

Well the LE owners also got the little badge the stickers(gamestop exclusive?) the cards, the comic book that is actually worth more then 10 i think. The tin case, the plastic box which is different then the game. So with all of it combined we probably paid 5 for it anyways. So they are overpaying

Also how are the maps collectibles? Not really.

EDIT: For some reaosn i think someone is gonna call me out for some reason on the 5 thing cause im american but I have some good friends that are in edinburgh and Nottingham so I know alot of the stuff.

EDIT2:PLUS you get the official prima hint book with halo wars LE(gamestop exclusiv?)
__________________

Last edited by Volcom guy992; 03-03-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Volcom guy992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #4
mmartynn
 
mmartynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: coventry, UK
Posts: 1,713
Send a message via MSN to mmartynn

mmartynn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
we get the patch, cards, book, plastic sleeve, map/wraith code for around 5-8 extra depending on where you go. and they could be collectable if they revall it.
__________________
-owning noobs since 1990-
mmartynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #5
Agent JFG
 
Agent JFG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 495
Send a message via Skype™ to Agent JFG

Sunbro Joe's Gamercard
I've seen those too. I've seen some posted for over $100. No bids though, lol. People are willing to pay up to $50 though for the 3 new maps. I've been checking, but I'm not willing to pay more than what they'd probably be sold for on the Marketplace.

I really want the maps, but I don't see myself playing Halo Wars, so I've been messaging all my online friends if they could spare or sell a code and so far none of them even have the game.
Agent JFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #6
ZundayXx
 
ZundayXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nederland
Posts: 1,580

ZundayXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You're pretty stupid if you buy it for 20 Dollar because you could have just gotten the Halo Wars LE and get way more for your money...

Ow, and for the poster above: Wait, wut?? Asked if they could ''Spare a code'' ?? I don't even see poeple selling them to be honest, but giving them away?? Wut??
__________________

''All warfare is based on deception.'' - Sun Tzu
ZundayXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #7
Christophaleez
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 48

SergeantSpud 93's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcom guy992 View Post
If I sound like an ass when i say this im sorry thats just how my wording comes out sorry again.

Well the LE owners also got the little badge the stickers(gamestop exclusive?) the cards, the comic book that is actually worth more then 10 i think. The tin case, the plastic box which is different then the game. So with all of it combined we probably paid 5 for it anyways. So they are overpaying

Also how are the maps collectibles? Not really.

EDIT: For some reaosn i think someone is gonna call me out for some reason on the 5 thing cause im american but I have some good friends that are in edinburgh and Nottingham so I know alot of the stuff.

EDIT2:PLUS you get the official prima hint book with halo wars LE(gamestop exclusiv?)
For the UK LE version, we got: Game, Steel box, Comic book, Rubber beer mat/patch thing, Art Cards and the big plastic sleeve to hold it in. Most places had this for 45. I wish we got a prima guide with it and some stickers
__________________
Christophaleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
lostmotiv
 
lostmotiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 709

LostMotiv's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
lol wow you can really sell the maps for that much? im pretty tempted to sell i'll be honest. I love rts games so i bought halo wars, and i got the LE simply because im a tool and will buy any piece of junk if they stick limited or collector edition on it.

i am an achievement whore tho.. and these maps would lead to achievements.. very tough choice.
__________________
lostmotiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:37 PM   #9
Thang Nay
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 324

Thang Nay's Gamercard
Simple way of cheating microsoft so you can DL the maps twice.

1. Recover account of the owner who has the code on your xbox.
2. Use the code and download on your xbox. This makes the map work for anyone using the xbox.
3. He recovers his account back on his xbox then redownloads it through his history. This makes it so the map can only be played on his account though.
__________________

Thang Nay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:53 AM   #10
Zombie Ghandi
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Yorkshire.
Posts: 413

Zombie Ghandi's Gamercard
At first I though it was americans who didnt want to wait the extra couple of days to get their hands on the mythic pack and so were buying european codes but since the game is now released over there and theres codes still going for around 20 then I can only imagine people have more money than sense.
Zombie Ghandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:24 AM   #11
XeonMasta
 
XeonMasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 350

XeonMasta's Gamercard
I use the patch on a daily basis. Have my coffee cup on it.
The rest i gave to my brother after reading the comic.

And i took the maps OFC.
__________________
You know it's even worse than what's in my head.
"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and the lies of their culture - will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." - Plato
XeonMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:30 AM   #12
WhineyRabbit
 
WhineyRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,078
Send a message via MSN to WhineyRabbit

Rabbit x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   N+ Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   Subscriber Uno - Runner-up   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thang Nay View Post
Simple way of cheating microsoft so you can DL the maps twice.

1. Recover account of the owner who has the code on your xbox.
2. Use the code and download on your xbox. This makes the map work for anyone using the xbox.
3. He recovers his account back on his xbox then redownloads it through his history. This makes it so the map can only be played on his account though.
Then there would be no point in having it! Christ that was a pointless post.
__________________
WhineyRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #13
Volcom guy992
 
Volcom guy992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 503

Volcom Guy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophaleez View Post
For the UK LE version, we got: Game, Steel box, Comic book, Rubber beer mat/patch thing, Art Cards and the big plastic sleeve to hold it in. Most places had this for 45. I wish we got a prima guide with it and some stickers
The guide was about as big as the little game booklet with controls and stuff. Its just a hint book and its only for the second level not to big a deal. The stickers are ones you stick on walls and can take off. They are of the elite and spartan and are only like 8 inches in height. Still cool. Both of those were gamestop exclusive though.
__________________
Volcom guy992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:52 AM   #14
Scaysie
 
Scaysie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oxford, England
Posts: 402

scaysieUK's Gamercard
It's hilarious isn't it, I don't own Halo 3 so i sold my maps on eBay and got 20.99 for it. I thought those people were idiots too and so did every one i told, I had a 25 GAME voucher when i bought Halo Wars so basically i got Halo Wars: LE for 25. =D
__________________


Last edited by Scaysie; 03-04-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Scaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #15
Hybriidz
 
Hybriidz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: England
Posts: 133

Hybriidz's Gamercard
probably because they do not want to get halo wars, dont know why though i like halo wars and have special edition, although am not using mythic maps cuz i like having 1250g on halo 3.
__________________

Halo 3 1750g - Halo Wars 1000g


CoD:Waw 10th Prestige - 4th Aug 09 11d 16h 52m
Halo 3 - All vidmasters/ Recon 1/10/09
Halo Waypoint level 50/ EVA helmet - 16/9/10
Hybriidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:41 PM.