PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Watchmen: The End is Nigh
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-04-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
EternalDamntion

lsaac Clarke's Gamercard
Achievement Guide

Finally updated to fit achievement guide guidelines. I'm submitting it to the Submit forum after updating these posts.

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 6/10
-Offline 12 (200)
-Online 0
-Approximate amount of time to get 200/200 - 10-20 hours (~3 hours each for Rorschach/Nite Owl playthroughs, ~3 for co op, and the rest of the time for getting the rest of the achievements.
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed - 3
-Number of missable achievements - All the extra ones (Vigilante, Strong Arm, collectible achievements)
-Glitched achievements - 0

Psycho 36
Complete the game in Rorschach mode.

Complete the game as Rorschach in single player. Note: Cannot get this achievement in co-op.

Hero 36
Complete the game in Nite Owl mode.

Complete game as Nite Owl in single player. Note: Cannot get this achievement in co-op.

Teamwork 36
Complete the game in co-op mode.

Complete the game in co-op. This has to be done locally, as there isn't online co-op.

Thief 15
Find all abilities and pickups in Rorschach mode.

Requires you to pick up all abilities and Rorschach cards as Rorschach. At the abilities screen it tells you how many Rorschach cards out of 10 you have collected and which abilities you have. Use THIS guide to find the abilities/cards you're missing, and THIS guide for video locations of the cards.

Detective 15
Find all abilities and pickups in Nite Owl mode.

Requires you to pick up all abilities and Owl Suit batteries as Nite Owl. At the abilities screen it tells you how many Owl Suit batteries out of 10 you have collected and which abilities you have. Use THIS guide to find the abilities/batteries you're missing, and THIS guide for video locations of the batteries.

Untouchable 11
Go unharmed for an entire level, without restarting from a checkpoint.

The best way to get this is to have a friend use the second controller on the first chapter in co-op and have them do all the fighting while you run away from the enemies. When you get to one of the rooms with the two levers, stay in that room and have your friend clear the path to the next room with the last two levers. Move up and stay in that room and have your friend finish the chapter. If your friend dies or if you lose health (touching flames even slightly or taking a hit) just select restart chapter and try again.
If you don't have a friend to do it with, you can get the AI to fight them for you. On the first chapter, run up and get the enemies to run at you, run away and get them near the AI. Once the AI is fighting them, run far away. If one of them chases you keep running, and loop around back to your AI and run away from him again. If you're fast enough the enemy will stop and turn around to fight your AI.

MOVED THE LAST SIX ACHIEVEMENTS TO A NEW POST ON SECOND PAGE BECAUSE OF CHARACTER LIMIT

|100,000 achieved at 1:59 AM February 24 2012//-Syndicate|

Last edited by EternalDamntion; 04-03-2009 at 02:35 PM.
EternalDamntion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:21 AM   #2
Kioku

Send a message via MSN to Kioku

Kioku's Gamercard
I thought I might help.
Teamwork - Complete Game In Co-op Mode 36g
Old 03-05-2009, 03:01 AM   #3
EternalDamntion

lsaac Clarke's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioku View Post
I thought I might help.
Teamwork - Complete Game In Co-op Mode 36g
I'll edit it into my post and credit you

Old 03-05-2009, 04:18 AM   #4
Kioku

Kioku's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalDamntion View Post
I'll edit it into my post and credit you
You don't have to if you don't want to. I'm glad to help. If you can add strats and more info to these achievements, you can turn this into an achievement guide.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:05 AM   #5
EternalDamntion

lsaac Clarke's Gamercard
I can't change the thread title, but this is an achievement guide in progress now.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:56 AM   #6
SebastianSB

SebastianSB's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalDamntion View Post
-Approximate amount of time to 1000/1000
Small typo

RBN Weekly Updates: http://www.trueachievements.com/lead...erboardid=1576
Attack of the Blog! http://sebspot.wordpress.com/
SebastianSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:04 AM   #7
Greg0fTheDead

Greg0fTheDead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I got the thief achievement tonight...its pretty easy if you just take the time to check every area, they are not hidden very well in the event they are not behind a locked door. I'd write a guide but every level looks so similar, I wouldnt know where to begin to describe the area :P

keep in mind the thief achievement requires you to get all abilities AND cards (ten total, 1 in chapter I, 2 in chapter II, 2 in chapter III, 2 in chapter IV and 3 in chapter V, none in chapter VI).
Old 03-05-2009, 03:01 PM   #8
MEMANIAsama

memaniasama's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg0fTheDead View Post
keep in mind the thief achievement requires you to get all abilities AND cards (ten total, 1 in chapter I, 2 in chapter II, 2 in chapter III, 2 in chapter IV and 3 in chapter V, none in chapter VI).

Okay, so...

Chapter 1 - Abilities & Items
(Missing Abilities Coming Shortly)

Rorschach

Stun = Entrance
Throw = After Generator
Counter Attack = Stairs before Cell Block C, top of steps.
Bull Rush = "Rehabilitation they call it..." doorway.
Knock Down = Entrance to Second Lever Room

Rorschach's only card in this stage is located right after the Knock Down ability, pick the lock right in front of you and explore the little room

Nite Owl
Stun = Entrance
Throw = After Generator
Counter Attack = Stairs before Cell Block C, by the steps.
(Need to use a new gamertag to find the rest.)

Nite Owl's battery is located deep within a grapple point you discover when you first enter the room of flames, just look up and you should be able to grapple. Then follow the path until you get to night vision mode, keep following the path, don't go down the stairs instead go the other direction and you'll cross a bridge, keep going and you'll find a battery sooner or later.

Chapter 2 - Abilities & Items (Missing Abilities Coming Shortly)

Rorschach

Fast Stun = Take a left at the fork in the road at the start of the game, you can't miss it.
Rage Mode = After getting Fast Stun head forward until you get into a clearing, look to your right and you'll see it right behind a gate, time to pick the lock!
Extra Damage = Right after you split up, it's down the alley, can't miss it.

Rorschach's cards, for the first one take a right when the path splits at the beginning of the game and pick the lock. Head down the alley, make a left. To your right is a yellowish alley/dead end after the scaffolding, look there for the card. The second card is located in the open by that drop-off point right before the "final" area where you take on a ton of bikers and Nite Owl states he hates bikers.

Nite Owl
"Hidden" Ability = Located Up on the Roofs during the first split up.
(Need to use a new gamertag to find the rest.)

Nite Owl's batteries are in areas where you grapple to a roof and have night vision. One is by Rorschach's power up that's located behind the locked fence, you grapple to a roof nearby. The other is located where you guys first split up.

HealingTouch - A site for anime, gaming and geekery!
Yamagato Industries Business Report - A podcast about Anime & Comics. Updated weekly!

Last edited by MEMANIAsama; 03-06-2009 at 01:16 AM.
MEMANIAsama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #9
Greg0fTheDead

I can say for sure that the first ror. card is behind a locked door you need to pick open in the prison riot level. The second level has one card behind another locked door and the second card in the second level is as mentioned above, on the ledge before you drop down for the last battle in front of the rumrunner.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:59 PM   #10
MEMANIAsama

memaniasama's Gamercard
Quote:
I can say for sure that the first ror. card is behind a locked door you need to pick open in the prison riot level. The second level has one card behind another locked door and the second card in the second level is as mentioned above, on the ledge before you drop down for the last battle in front of the rumrunner.
The locked door with the power up behind it? I only found two locked doors and they were both connected via a back alley.

Yamagato Industries Business Report - A podcast about Anime & Comics. Updated weekly!
Old 03-05-2009, 04:31 PM   #11
Greg0fTheDead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMANIAsama View Post
The locked door with the power up behind it? I only found two locked doors and they were both connected via a back alley.
Yup, the first ror. card in level two is in that backalley that is connected via two locked doors. there is an ability there but also a card if you scan the area long enough. If you see a locked door its pretty much assured that a card lies behind it somewhere.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #12
Kioku

Kioku's Gamercard
I hope a collectible guide is posted soon. Also, you do not get Psycho or Hero while playing Co-op.

Last edited by Kioku; 03-05-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Kioku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #13
MEMANIAsama

memaniasama's Gamercard
Quote:
I hope a collectible guide is posted soon. Also, you do not get Psycho or Hero while playing Co-op.
Well. I'm semi-making one in this thread.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #14
Greg0fTheDead

Quote:
Well. I'm semi-making one in this thread.
I recall for one of the ror. cards I got last night on chapter V you had to climb up an optional pipe. Ill try and post more as I remember them.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:39 AM   #15
MEMANIAsama

memaniasama's Gamercard
I updated my original post with as much Chapter 1 & 2 stuff I could tell you guys. I'll try to keep track of them both while my Girlfriend and I play co-op, but I'm sure someone else will beat me to finishing this guide.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:47 AM   #16
EternalDamntion

lsaac Clarke's Gamercard
If you make a new thread titled collectible guide or something along those lines I can link to it from my post under those two achievements

Old 03-06-2009, 12:58 AM   #17
Nightdragon

Send a message via MSN to Nightdragon

S3llius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Burnout Paradise Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place   SOTF Runner Up   Submit - Silver   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - First Place   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Renamed the thread for you, keep up the good work with the guide

~Currently Not Taking New Requests~

Nightdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:03 AM   #18
Kioku

Kioku's Gamercard
Untouchable 11g

The best and cheapest way of getting is to get a person to play co-op on the first chapter and have them to do all of the fighting and when you get to one of the rooms with the 2 levers stay in that first room and let your friend clean out the path to the next room with the last 2 levers then dodge the flames and when you get in that 2nd lever room just stay in it and let your friend end the chapter. If you lose life(flame or hit) or your friend dies just hit Restart Level and try again.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:17 AM   #19
Greg0fTheDead

Quote:
Untouchable 11g

The best and cheapest way of getting is to get a person to play co-op on the first chapter and have them to do all of the fighting and when you get to one of the rooms with the 2 levers stay in that first room and let your friend clean out the path to the next room with the last 2 levers then dodge the flames and when you get in that 2nd lever room just stay in it and let your friend end the chapter. If you lose life(flame or hit) or your friend dies just hit Restart Level and try again.
yup, as stated above make sure you WATCH THE FLAMES! very easy to take a hit from the flame and not realize it till its too late.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:27 AM   #20
MEMANIAsama

memaniasama's Gamercard
Quick Tip for Untouchables Guide:

Play a two player gamer and control player two. It worked best for me on chapter one. Keep player one to the far back away from any of the baddies so they won't "aggro" onto him. Keep kicking ass and taking names, during the initial start of the game, you have some cutscenes and player 1 will teleport closer to you.

The first is RIGHT after you enter the main building after the "tutorial area" as it were. Just keep player 1 back by the door away from the enemies.

The next time it loads up like this is when you enter the area with the helicopter calling you out.

Then, just keep your guy outside, and eventually just keep him inside the switch room away from the newly open doored.

Then, you'll have to open the gate or roll under it (depending on who you're controling) do your job and then steer clear of the door. You won't be needed again until the switch room.

Clear the area to the switch room, then take player 1 and pull the switch and leave him in there. Then, clear the area to the NEXT switch room and bring player 1 there.

**AVOID THE FIRE AT ALL COSTS IT WILL DAMAGE YOU! TREAD CAREFULLY!**

Then, leave him in that switch room and you can complete the game without ever having to touch player 1 again. You should unlock the achievement by the end of the stage when the next comic cutscene boots up.

EDIT: Wow, nevermind someone beat me to that while I was doing it, haha.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:22 AM   #21
Bl00dyHoundDog

Send a message via MSN to Bl00dyHoundDog Send a message via Yahoo to Bl00dyHoundDog

Bl00dyHoundDog's Gamercard
Just letting you know which you already may. The Turbo achievement, is mostly the easiest one just play it you do not have to run through it. Just don't die and you will make it in no time.
Only took me like around an hour while trying to get Thief.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:25 AM   #22
Kioku

Kioku's Gamercard
Quote:
yup, as stated above make sure you WATCH THE FLAMES! very easy to take a hit from the flame and not realize it till its too late.
Quote:
Quick Tip for Untouchables Guide:

Play a two player gamer and control player two. It worked best for me on chapter one. Keep player one to the far back away from any of the baddies so they won't "aggro" onto him. Keep kicking ass and taking names, during the initial start of the game, you have some cutscenes and player 1 will teleport closer to you.

The first is RIGHT after you enter the main building after the "tutorial area" as it were. Just keep player 1 back by the door away from the enemies.

The next time it loads up like this is when you enter the area with the helicopter calling you out.

Then, just keep your guy outside, and eventually just keep him inside the switch room away from the newly open doored.

Then, you'll have to open the gate or roll under it (depending on who you're controling) do your job and then steer clear of the door. You won't be needed again until the switch room.

Clear the area to the switch room, then take player 1 and pull the switch and leave him in there. Then, clear the area to the NEXT switch room and bring player 1 there.

**AVOID THE FIRE AT ALL COSTS IT WILL DAMAGE YOU! TREAD CAREFULLY!**

Then, leave him in that switch room and you can complete the game without ever having to touch player 1 again. You should unlock the achievement by the end of the stage when the next comic cutscene boots up.

EDIT: Wow, nevermind someone beat me to that while I was doing it, haha.
Sorry to steal your thunder. lol Also add that if a person who doesn't have a second controller or a friend that wants to play with them, then they need to play with a character they know well, play a chapter that was easy for them, and just block and counter alot.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:27 AM   #23
Kioku

Kioku's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyHoundDog View Post
Just letting you know which you already may. The Turbo achievement, is mostly the easiest one just play it you do not have to run through it. Just don't die and you will make it in no time.
Only took me like around an hour while trying to get Thief.
It said do not restart from the last checkpoint, does that mean we can restart the chapter?
Old 03-06-2009, 02:36 AM   #24
MEMANIAsama

memaniasama's Gamercard
Quote:
It said do not restart from the last checkpoint, does that mean we can restart the chapter?

With how finicky and strange this game seems to be about achievements and saved data (Like, even though my abilities from Nite Owl carry over from my co-op game, I still have to start at chapter 1 in a single player game. However, player 2's abilities don't even transfer at all, and ONLY exist inside of our co-op game.) Like... the whole thing is MESSED UP to say the least. I'd assume enough that the safest way is to simply not die.

Also, you can let the AI fight for you in single player just "trigger" the enemies and run and hide somewhere. Safest to do with Nite Owl since his special charges up while you wait, and therefore if people get near you, you can shock them and kick their ass/run away.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:52 AM   #25
Bl00dyHoundDog

Send a message via MSN to Bl00dyHoundDog Send a message via Yahoo to Bl00dyHoundDog

Bl00dyHoundDog's Gamercard
Mostly pick Nite Owl because he seems to have a easy way to counter attack and get it right (or hit shield) There is one problem trying to restart a chapter may screw it up mostly what you are passed the first chapter. You are better off just using Nite Owls counters when theres to many enemies. By the way restarting chapter when you are passed the first level will screw up your chances it did mine the first time. But got it on second run.

Ah and by the way I do not know if this is much help for Detective other then most of his batteries are on roof tops with the sign "Way Up" near them. Everytime (one time in the sewers he uses the vision in the pipes to see and the second time when on fifth level when you spilt up again you will go up and it will go to night vision) the Nite Owls night vision pops up means he is close to a battery.

Last edited by Bl00dyHoundDog; 03-06-2009 at 03:31 AM.
Bl00dyHoundDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:03 AM   #26
Kioku

Kioku's Gamercard
What fights are avoidable?
Old 03-06-2009, 07:23 AM   #27
EternalDamntion

lsaac Clarke's Gamercard
Quote:
What fights are avoidable?
Most are, the ones that are not are the ones where if you try to just run by, you can't climb the ladder/open the door until all enemies are dead

Old 03-06-2009, 03:17 PM   #28
Greg0fTheDead

Dont forget to try and toss any enemy over a ledge when possible. I was able to shave a bit off the first level just tossing guys over the railing.

Just so I have this right on turbo, If I restart chapter 1 using nite owl I can get the achievement even though some abilities are carrying over?
Old 03-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #29
MEMANIAsama

memaniasama's Gamercard
Quote:
Dont forget to try and toss any enemy over a ledge when possible. I was able to shave a bit off the first level just tossing guys over the railing.

Just so I have this right on turbo, If I restart chapter 1 using nite owl I can get the achievement even though some abilities are carrying over?

Yeah, that's my understanding of it, considering you'd need to erase your saved data otherwise. Beat the game, then replay from the start after you have a maxed out character.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:28 AM   #30
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher's Gamercard
Here's some useful info for your guide.

* Restarting a Chapter will not reset your Counters or throws or any achievement of that nature.

*. Finsihing moves do not have to be when the Icon Appears.
For example on the second level when you counter a person 3 times the 3rd time will be a finishing move even though he had no icon over his head, I can confirm this since this is how I got it when going to Untouchable.

* Also night owl counters are easy since you can just wait for them to hit you and when you see your body glow press X and he'll counter every time. This is suggested for anyone having trouble with Rorsach counters

Last edited by Jawmuncher; 03-07-2009 at 03:30 AM.
Jawmuncher is offline   Reply With Quote