PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-04-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
CrustyDirtDemon

CrustyDirtDemon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

An Achievement Guide by CrustyDirtDemon

Eat Lead: Return of Matt Hazard

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 7/10
-Offline: 50 (1000GS)
-Online: 0
-Approximate amount of time to 1000g: 15-20 Hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
-Number of missable achievements: 0
-Glitched achievements: No
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: NO

Unlocks "Maximum" Hazzard Difficulty Cheat Code

From Difficulty Select press:
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right
and the hardest difficulty should unlock.
Credit: Apple

It's HAZARD TIME! 15 GS

Start your first game.

Very simple, just start a "New Game" and once the initial cut scene ends you’ll have this achievement.

Take 5. 5 GS

Pause the game for the first time.

Also very simple, once you've begun your "New Game" simply 'Pause' the game, and this achievement is yours.

Straight-A Student 10 GS

Complete all of the in-game tutorials.

Start a "New Game" and when given the option to jump into action or begin 'Training' select training, once you have gone through the training sequence the achievement will unlock.

Hands-On Approach 10 GS

Defeat an enemy using melee combat.

When near an enemy the "X" button prompt will appear on the screen, simply press "X" until the enemy is killed from the melee.

Eat FIST! 25 GS

Perform 10 single-hit melee kills.

A Single-Hit melee Kill is when the enemy has nearly no health and you melee them, if done correctly there will be a slow motion scene, and has a signature noise that after playing a while will become apparent, "a trick is to rush an opponent while shooting and once up close hit the "X" button, this will nearly always result in a 'Single-Hit Melee"

Feeling Punchy 30 GS

Defeat five enemies in a row using melee combat.

This can easily be obtained shortly after the "training" has been completed, just use the "X" button to melee 5 enemies in a row, just make sure not to shoot an enemies until you get your 5th melee kill and the Achievement unlocks.

Headache 10 GS

Score 20 headshots.

"See Head of Class"

Migraine 20 GS

Score 50 Headshots.

"See Head of Class"

Head of the Class 30 GS

Score 100 headshots.

While playing on Minimum Hazard, or any of the other difficulties, you should mainly be going for Head shot kills any way. This achievement will come naturally or you can farm it until you obtain it.

Better than One 25 GS

Score two headshots with one bullet.

This is one of the tougher achievement in the game but can easily be obtained against the "Zombie" like enemies that you fight against later on in the game, I obtained this achievement on level "4" 'Backdoor Assault on the Big House' when in the Tennis court fighting off the Zombies, these enemies tend to walk in lines and if playing on 'Minimum Hazard' one bullet from nearly any gun if lined up properly will net you the two headshots with one bullet.

Plink 10 GS

Kill 50 enemies with the Hazard pistol.

The Hazard pistol becomes available near the end of level one, and after. Simply get 50 kills while using this gun.

Last edited by CovertDog; 04-18-2009 at 12:07 AM. Reason: corrected misleading info in Roadmap
CrustyDirtDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:32 PM   #2
CrustyDirtDemon

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Pull! 10 GS

Kill 50 enemies with the shotgun.

"See Peekaboo...I Shot You!"

Auto Dealer 10 GS

Kill 50 enemies with the sub-machinegun.

Russian Attack 10 GS

Kill 50 enemies with the AK-47.

Peekaboo...I Shot You! 10 GS

Kill 50 enemies with the sniper rifle.

For all kill "xxx" amount of enemies with "xxx" weapon, simply pick up and use the needed weapon and acquire the needed kills, when you pick up a weapon its name will appear in the bottom left corner of your screen verifying what type of weapon you have picked up.

Blind Luck 15 GS

Kill 25 enemies using blind fire.

Place your self behind some cover by pressing the "A" button near an object and simply fire your gun at an enemy and obtain a kill, without holding the "LT" to aim with your sights.

Second Amendment 10 GS

Kill at least one enemy with every available gun.

These are the guns that you will find/use through out playing Eat Lead, none of these weapons are hidden and you are almost guaranteed this achievement before the end of the game.

.45 Call (starting gun for 1st level)
9MM (enemies carry this weapon on the 1st level)
Hazard Pistol
Shotgun
SMG
AK47
Sniper Rifle
Water Pistol
Super Soaker Rifle
Magnum
Plasma Rifle
Energy Pistol
Six Shooter
Grenade Launcher

Say "No" to Pots 5 GS

Shoot 30 potted plants.

These 'potted plants" can be found starting on the 'second' level, inside the kitchen area on top of the food serving stations, and on the tables in this area, you need to get close to these when shooting so that you physically see the leafs "fall off" and the "pot somewhat breaks", you can actually shoot all in this area and then let your character DIE, and then hit "A" to continue, and then shoot them all over again, the simply rinse/repeat. The planted pots look just like the achievement picture, except with a little plant in them.

Fire Hazard 20 GS

Shoot and destroy 30 fire extinguishers.

There are numerous levels that contain fire extinguishers, however at the beginning of level "2" there are three right as soon as you enter the 2nd area, you can shoot these three and the let your self get killed, then rinse and repeat until you have destroyed 30.

Uncovered 20 GS

Destroy 20 destructible cover objects.

There is "Destructible" cover throughout nearly the whole game, you will know an object is destroyable by when shooting at the object it momentarily becomes transparent, shoot these objects enough times, and they will dissolve into thin air.

Boom. 20 GS

Blow up 50 explosive objects.

There are numerous "explosive" objects through out the game, i.e. fire extinguisher, propane tanks, oxygen tanks, etc. On the second to last level there are more than 50 just in the first half of the level, also remember that you can let your self get killed after shooting numerous explosive objects and just rinse/repeat until unlocking the achievement.

No Pain, No Gain 10 GS

Kill an enemy with an explosive that also damages you.

Best done on "Minimum Hazard" as the enemies will take more damage while you will take less, rush an enemy that is either near a propane tank, or fire extinguisher, etc, and shoot the "explosive object" at close range which will kill the enemy and damage you slightly.

Maxx Karnage 20 GS

Collect 20 Hazard pickups.

The Hazard pickups will be either "placed" through out levels or will be "Hacked" into the game by QA, these powerups cause Matt Hazard to turn RED and cause more damage to enemies, you can either play the game through and most likely use 20 before the end of the game, or just come across a location that has one, grab it, then allow your self to be killed, the rinse/repeat.

Shield Master 20 GS

Collect 20 Master Shield pickups.

Just like the Hazard Pickups, the shield pickups will be either "placed" through out levels or will be "Hacked" into the game by QA, The shield pickups create a metal shield like material around Matt Hazard causing him to be shortly invincible. Simply play the game, or use the above mentioned method.

Just a Flesh Wound 40 GS

Complete a level without dying.

Easiest done on "Minimum Hazard" difficulty and on the first level of the game, here the enemies are at their weakest and have horrible aim, so this is your best opportunity to obtain this achievement..Just finish the level without dying, similar to COD, your screen will flash RED when getting low on health, and your health will slowly recover when not being shot at.

Hazard Avoider 10 GS

Complete the game on the Minor Hazard difficulty setting.

When playing the game for the first time, only "Minor" and "Major" Hazard are available, I would recommend playing on "Minor" that way after completing the game you will unlock the ability to play on "Maximum" The achievements will stack but this game could require two playthroughs, unless SEE BELOW.

***HOWEVER*** There is a cheat code if you would rather try and only do one playthrough which unlocks "Maximum" Hazard difficulty, this cheat code is at the top of the GUIDE.

Pseudo-Hazard 20 GS

Complete the game on the Major Hazard difficulty setting.

"See Hazard Avoider"

Hazard Master 40 GS

Complete the game on the Maximum Hazard difficulty setting.

"See Hazard Avoider"

...Where Credit is Due 60 GS

Watch the credits from beginning to end

Simply finsh the game, and watch the credits all the way through.

Last edited by CrustyDirtDemon; 03-06-2009 at 04:48 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:32 PM   #3
CrustyDirtDemon

Secret Achievements

Multiplayer Master! 30 GS

"What? No multiplayer? Sigh. Well...not like we can take the achievement back NOW...."

This achievement will unlock after beating the game and the Credits begin to Roll.

Disco is Dead 20 GS

Defeat Sonny Tang. "Sonny, YOUR ass is kicked!"

"Story related and can't be missed"

Stung 10 GS

Defeat Sting Sniperscope. "Your present ends now."

Housing Crisis 10 GS

Escape from Dexter's mansion. "I gotta get me a house like THAT!"

Talk! 10 GS

"What do you mean the interrogation feature was cut?!? Here...just take the achievement."

Head Cheese 10 GS

Kill all butcher shop enemies with headshots. "You're not PAYING for ammo. Feel free to use more."

At the beginning of the 'second' level there are 5-6 "Butchers" that you will need to HEAD SHOT, you need to head shot them all and if done correctly the Achievement will unlock when entering the freezer area that holds the hanging pieces of meat.

Bedlam Basher 5 GS

Kill a Bandit from behind with a melee attack. "Good for you. Coward."

The Bandits are the "cowboy looking enemies". This is a fairly annoying/hard achievement because you basically need be standing behind a "Bandit" while they are spawning. Look for the Red light which will indicate that they are spawning.

The best spot for this is on the second level and after walking through a narrow hallway that contains "Black Instrument Boxes" you will enter a room that has a circular section of Computers in the middle. Here there will be a Spawning Bandit to your left inside the fence like area, and a Hazard pickup nearby.

NOW take note of the fence like area opposite the side you entered from, There will be a Bandit that spawns inside this location after all original enemies are killed. So if you enter the fence area and step to the left side of it, and from here kill off all the enemies that spawn, and after killing the last enemy, the Bandit will spawn to the left inside the fence area "indicated by the red light" IMMEADIATELY start pressing "X" and hopefully you will get off a melee on him from behind, before he turns around, this will take a few tries but I found it to be one of the better spots in the game to obtain this achievement.

Or... There has been talk about shooting the Bandits in the legs, and then while they're 'stunned' run around them and attempt a melee from behind.

Draw 10 GS

Get 50 Dual-Wield Six-Shooter kills. "Now all we need is the spaghetti..."

The "Bandits" in the game either carry "Six Shooters" or "Shotguns" as their weapons of choice, simply kill a Bandit and equip his "Six Shooter" weapon that he drops, and start working on getting 50 kills with that weapon type.

Russian to the Finish 20 GS

Defeat General Neutronov. "From Hazard, With Love."

Deja-Vu 20 GS

Defeat Sting Sniperscope again in Level 3. "Your present ends now. Again."

Your Turn 20 GS

Defeat Altos Tratus. "Forecast for the next level: no more clouds."

Meat Your Maker 10 GS

Blast all hanging beef. "Udder destruction? Steaking a claim? Beating your...I can go on all day."

On the 'second' level after the first area with enemies are killed you will enter a "Freezer like" area with Hanging Slabs of BEEF, simply shoot all these Slabs of BEEF until nearly all the meat has fallen off.

Well, I Heard them Scream 10 GS

Get 50 Plasma Rifle kills. "Plasma rifles. They're not just for Space Marines anymore."

"See Pure Energy"

Dances with Guns 10 GS

Don't let any dance bots die in Level 2. "Do dancing robots dream of disco sheep?"

On the 'second' level there is a section with dancing "robot" girls, you eventually will be on the floor level with them and enemies will be attempting to kill you, so be careful where you stand since the crappy AI aiming could easily end up killing one of the Dancing "Robot" Girls, you will know if one of them is about to die once it starts flashing translucent, "see through" There is an Auto Save as soon as you enter this area so if one of them die, simply let your self get killed. This is best obtained on "Minor" Hazard, and if done correctly the achievement will unlock after walking out of the final room filled with dancers.

Tramm Ride 40 GS

Defeat the Tentacle Beast of Tramm. "One-two shot right to the tentacles."

Death Hazard 20 GS

Score 20 single-shot Zombie kills. "Don't these things usually hang out in shopping malls?"

Single Shot refers to any gun that will kill the zombies in one hit. I used Head Shots, so simply head shot 20 of the "Zombie" like enemies. Through out the game you will probally kill over 75-100 of the "zombies" so getting 20 head shots/one dhot kills is very simple.

You can also use the Shotgun, or other strong weapons that will kill them in one shot.

Last edited by CrustyDirtDemon; 03-06-2009 at 04:54 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:33 PM   #4
CrustyDirtDemon

Pure Energy 10 GS

Get 50 Energy Pistol kills. "Blaster? I hardly know 'er!"

The Energy Pistol and Plasma Rifle don't become available until near the end of level 'FOUR', the enemies that carry these weapons are the ones that are in full armor and are spawned from Metal Case like objects. Simply get the required kills with each for the achievement.

Deja-Vu (All Over Again) 30 GS

Defeat Sting Sniperscore yet AGAIN in Level 7. "I. Have had. Enough. Of YOU!!"

Observe the Grenade 15 GS

Kill three Testers with one grenade launcher shot. "Test the grenades: check!"

This may be one of the hardest achievements in the game, the testers are the enemies that wear the PINK colored armor, and only appear in groups large enough for the achievement in a few areas on the last level.

I found it easiest to obtain on the last stage of the final boss fight on the last level, where you will only be fighting the PINK armored TESTERS.

You will need to come prepared to this section with a Grenade Launcher as there isn’t one available once you’re in the actual BOSS fighting area. It would also be good to have at least 4 shots available in the Grenade Launcher incase Failure occurs "which it will", however if you completely fail you can just let yourself get killed, and continuing to try until successful.

My best advice would be to obviously wait until the “PINK armored Testers” are grouped together in a pack of three and shoot for the middle most enemy, and hopefully the radiating blast will kill the others.

Another tip I found useful was to sit behind cover and shoot away at the destructible cover, so after a while the AI was forced to huddle around the same cover object, thus making the "triple" grenade launcher kill more possible and easier.

Beat the Snot out of Wellesley 50 GS

Defeat Wally Wellesley. "Like I said..."

Meet Quentin. 100 GS

Meet Quentin. "DUDE!!!!!"

FYI, for any of the achievements that require you to do something a certain amount of times or kill a certain amount of enemies with a certain weapon these can ALL BE FARMED if you want, simply just use the objective weapon or etc, and kill or destroy or etc, then after reaching a desired number allow your self to get killed, the simply rinse and repeat as desired until Achievement unlocks.

Also I do have the full 1000GS in this game, so if there is anything else that anyone may have a question on, regarding an achievement or just need help with the game, PLEASE feel free to send me a message over XBL or PM me here.

This Guide is copyrighted material and is only to be used by x360a.org unless prior consent is obtained by Author or Moderators.

An Achievement Guide by CrustyDirtDemon

Contributors: Apple; for the cheat code, and xX Gambit69 Xx; for the Guide's Sig, xXGODZSNIPERXx; for the Bandit Melee Spawn trick.

Last edited by CrustyDirtDemon; 03-05-2009 at 02:37 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:44 PM   #5
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
nice guide I like it a lot.... how long did it take you for the 1000?
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:53 PM   #6
CrustyDirtDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A 2rue boofer View Post
nice guide I like it a lot.... how long did it take you for the 1000?
Probably closer to 12 hours, since I was unaware of the cheat code that unlocks the “Maximum” difficulty, so I played through 2x, and also before all the secret achievements were released I was trying ridiculous things to see if I could figure out what they were LOL
Old 03-05-2009, 12:06 AM   #7
Jordbrett

jordbrett84's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
For the observe the grenade achievement I found it to be much easier to do in the room right before the boss battle. You come out of an elevator and on your left is a red guy and to the right is a pink. Step forward kill the red guy then back up back into the elevator. That prevents the pink guy from going behind you. Then immediately look right and kill the yellow guy that comes out. If you miss him to the right take cover on the left side of the book shelf in front of you and kill the yellow guy. As soon as you have done that get the Max Hazard pickup on the left side of the room. Go right so all the pink testers see you then go back around to the left aim for the center one and it sound kill all three. Hope this helps it's the only way I could get it.

Jordbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:13 AM   #8
DJjay08

djjay08's Gamercard
Great guide! started playin this last week but got stuck now i know what to do thanks!!

Best gamerscore number ever - 32323 WoopWoop

20,000G
Xmas-25th DEC 08-DONE 15th DEC 08
40,000G - Xmas - 25th DEC 09
DJjay08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:50 AM   #9
Demon Ninja

Demon Ninja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Good guide, but I want to add a few notes. For the Second Amendment achievement, you should probly note that the 9mm and the .45 cal ae only avaliable on the first level.
Also for Observe the Grenade, you don't have to do it in the boss area. In the room right before the boss area, after you ride the elevator, there will be 3 pink guys and a red guy. Kill the red guy then pick up the maximum hazard power on the left corner which will make you're grenade a lot more powerful. The it's just trial and error when trying to line up the testers.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:34 AM   #10
CrustyDirtDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordbrett View Post
For the observe the grenade achievement I found it to be much easier to do in the room right before the boss battle. You come out of an elevator and on your left is a red guy and to the right is a pink. Step forward kill the red guy then back up back into the elevator. That prevents the pink guy from going behind you. Then immediately look right and kill the yellow guy that comes out. If you miss him to the right take cover on the left side of the book shelf in front of you and kill the yellow guy. As soon as you have done that get the Max Hazard pickup on the left side of the room. Go right so all the pink testers see you then go back around to the left aim for the center one and it sound kill all three. Hope this helps it's the only way I could get it.
Obviously you could do this "your way" but for a sure attempt at it, the best spot that has guaranteed only TESTERS would be on the third stage of the boss fight on the last level, however if you found it easier your way good for you, however after obtaining many triple kills with the grenade launcher and not unlocking the achievement I found this spot to be the best/easiest, since you don’t have to do any thing special in order to get the testers together, opposed to killing this and that then run around and do this and that, but your way obviously worked for you, which is good, but its not the easiest method as myself and others tried many times where you are referring to, and its simply luck that it happened the way it happened for you, but hanks for the tip, and if anyone wants to use YOUR method that is their choice, I however found the method I listed the easier of the two.

And as the above post states, it truley is TRIAL and ERROR.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:09 AM   #11
khris99

KHRIS99's Gamercard
so how hard is the game on the hardest difficulty?
khris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:43 AM   #12
CyanideBreathMint

Mr Czartastic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by khris99 View Post
so how hard is the game on the hardest difficulty?
Until you get to that effin' tentacle creature on the ship...not too bad.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:53 AM   #13
Jordbrett

jordbrett84's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyDirtDemon View Post
Obviously you could do this "your way" but for a sure attempt at it, the best spot that has guaranteed only TESTERS
That room is only testers when you kill the one red and one yellow guy and a lot less stressful than the final part. Besides I don't think it matters which way someone does it, the point of this board is to help....

Old 03-05-2009, 04:00 AM   #14
IIIDEFAULTIII

IIIDEFAULTIII's Gamercard
going to pick this game up today good job with the guide

IIIDEFAULTIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:44 AM   #15
WhosMrsMorrow

whos mrs morrow's Gamercard
EASY all i need to do is the credits cheevo when im not so lazzyyyy
WhosMrsMorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:04 AM   #16
CrustyDirtDemon

Quote:
That room is only testers when you kill the one red and one yellow guy and a lot less stressful than the final part. Besides I don't think it matters which way someone does it, the point of this board is to help....
Exactly, like I said it's the gamers choice where and how they’re are going to obtain this achievement, but the fact still remains that there are only a few spots that actually have three of the PINK armored TESTERS, and the one you mention and I mention I'm pretty sure are the only two spots, either way it's up to the gamer to decide where they will try, but personally for ME, all attempts were failing except in the final stage area.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:08 AM   #17
YouStayClassy

YouStayCla55y's Gamercard
And not that it really matters, but when you first start the game up from the main screen if you choose Credits and watch them all the way through, you'll unlock the Credits achievement. It was the first one I unlocked in the game today.

And great guide man, you beat me to the punch!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:13 AM   #18
dethklok
Banned User

lX CaptHowdy Xl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
can you just replay the last level on the hardest difficulty and get the achievement for meaning it on that difficulty?
dethklok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:05 AM   #19
RnR1

RnR1's Gamercard
I was wondering If you could give some advice on "Defeating the Tentacle Beast of Tramm. I am stuck at this point. Great job on the Guide. I really appreciate it.

Last edited by RnR1; 03-05-2009 at 09:09 AM.
RnR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #20
Mr. Beatbone

beatbone's Gamercard
That tenticle boss gave me sum trouble too. U pretty much jus gotta keep movin back and forth. the best thing to have on you though for this battle is the revolver cus that is a one hit KO for each of the glowing red tentacles. Thats pretty much wuts workd for me.
Mr. Beatbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #21
CrustyDirtDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethklok View Post
can you just replay the last level on the hardest difficulty and get the achievement for meaning it on that difficulty?
No you can not do that, I did try LOL, and was disappointed when the achievement didn’t unlock, but at least when I started from the beginning again on "Maximum" Hazard I got the two other difficulty achievements after beating the 2nd to last level.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #22
can CU8 one

o4PLAYo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Death hazard

Score 20 single shot zombie kills. I used the shotgun for this and got the achievement when I shot one in the legs. Its not 20 single head shot kills.
can CU8 one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #23
TheToiletBrush

TheToiletBrush's Gamercard
Isn't there a magnum pistol that needs to be included for the Second Amendment cheevo? Also, you have one playthrough for 1000 and I am almost sure it takes 2. The hardest difficulty doesn't unlock until you have played it to completion once.

EDIT: Didn't see the code to unlock hardest diff at the top of guide.

LOOKING FOR BOOSTING PARTNERS: Singularity, Wolfenstien, F.E.A.R. 2, Crysis 2, Frontline: Fuel of War, Call of Juarez, Prey, Turning Point, The Darkness

Last edited by TheToiletBrush; 03-05-2009 at 03:32 PM.
TheToiletBrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #24
Jordbrett

jordbrett84's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnR1 View Post
I was wondering If you could give some advice on "Defeating the Tentacle Beast of Tramm. I am stuck at this point. Great job on the Guide. I really appreciate it.
For the tentacle boss the first part you have to run around to survive long enough to take out one tentacle. Once you do that stay in that spot because you'll be safe there and can take out the other tentacles.

For the second part make sure you stock up on ammo (I used sub machine and energy gun) Take cover behind a cannon use the sub to hit a small tentacle and then quickly switch to the energy gun to shoot the bomb in the tentacle once it comes up. If you can, stay in one spot and try to take out as many small tentacles as possible (one at a time). On hard I had to ignore the space marines until I was almost out of ammo and then I used the ice upgrade to quickly kill them and get more ammo.

For the third part just shoot the tip of the tentacle with the energy gun. I took cover on the opposite side of the boat as the tentacles.

Good luck

Old 03-05-2009, 07:12 PM   #25
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Seems someone was faster than me to write a guide for this Great work anyhow. the Bandit achievement and Maximum hazard is all i am missing currently and i've been trying in the same area you mention a lot but without luck still. also i gained the Observe the grenade at the last boss when three testers sat next to eachother and boom.

I wasn't sure if the difficulty achievements stacked but it seems like they do after all.

Last edited by Vindicator51; 03-05-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Vindicator51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #26
RnR1

RnR1's Gamercard
Quote:
For the tentacle boss the first part you have to run around to survive long enough to take out one tentacle. Once you do that stay in that spot because you'll be safe there and can take out the other tentacles.

For the second part make sure you stock up on ammo (I used sub machine and energy gun) Take cover behind a cannon use the sub to hit a small tentacle and then quickly switch to the energy gun to shoot the bomb in the tentacle once it comes up. If you can, stay in one spot and try to take out as many small tentacles as possible (one at a time). On hard I had to ignore the space marines until I was almost out of ammo and then I used the ice upgrade to quickly kill them and get more ammo.

For the third part just shoot the tip of the tentacle with the energy gun. I took cover on the opposite side of the boat as the tentacles.

Good luck
I will give this a try. Thank you very much for the reply I have had a lot of fun and laughs with this game.
RnR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #27
SuperWoody64

SuperWoody64's Gamercard
Bedlam basher seems unpossible to me. I get behind where the bandits spawn and mash X. He doesn't have the option to hit it until the bandit turns around. I don;t get it, can someone post a video?
Old 03-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #28
can CU8 one

o4PLAYo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWoody64 View Post
Bedlam basher seems unpossible to me. I get behind where the bandits spawn and mash X. He doesn't have the option to hit it until the bandit turns around. I don;t get it, can someone post a video?
shoot them in the legs some of the time they will turn around. that's how I did it on level 7 just befor the blue block room. I killed all but one bandit to try with and kept reloading the last check-point till I got it
can CU8 one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #29
khamelion

khamelion zero's Gamercard
i dont have the game but i had a look at ign's walkthrough for it and they said the best way to melee a bandit from behind is to shoot them in the leg so they stumble then run around and melee them. i dont know the time frame you have to get a hit from behind so it might not be easier than crusty's method but its worth a try if his way doesnt work for you.

edit: damn, beaten to it .

khamelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #30
TALINKINMAN

wtg on the guide dude you rock
TALINKINMAN is offline   Reply With Quote