PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
Starlight126

Starlight126's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Beating the Game in 5 hours

So far I've read many people talking about this "beat in under 5 hours and you get infinite rockets", but I have two questions regarding this.

First, what do you mean by "infinite" ? Infinite ammo slots so you still need to buy the ammos or it's just free shoot no-limits, like you stay there, hold LT and smash RT for an hour and it'll keep shooting more than breathing?

Second, is the rocket a must or there's a choice? Something like "congratulations! You've beaten the game in under 5 hours, so you get access to infinite ammos for one of your weapons: pick the one you want" or something like "congratulations! You've beaten the game in under 5 hours, so you get access to infinite rocket launcher ammos!" ?

And, in case it's a choice, can I unlock infinite ammos for all the weapons I want by means of completing the game again in under 5 hours?

Thanks in advance.
Starlight126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
Jamoo 1

Jamoo 1's Gamercard
Well, By Infinite Rocket Launcher it means it can constantly fire without having to Reload (so fire away). You also need to enable it in the Special Settings under Infinite Ammo.

When you beat the game under 5 hours you unlock The Infinite Rocket Launcher, you have to buy infinite ammo under Bonus Features for all the other guns. (Except Gatling gun and Longbow).

Hope this helps.

"So long sentiment it doesn't matter now."- So Long Sentiment
"Sing Hallelujah because you can't change anything."- Blackstar
Jamoo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
Matt16594

Matt16594's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
once you beat it in under 5 hours you need to have a rpg in your inventory and you have infinite ammo but i dont think it can keep constantly firing im sure there is some sort of delay.
Halo 3:ODST
Test Drive Unlimited 2

Matt16594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
Starlight126

Starlight126's Gamercard

Uh oh well I was actually asking another thing because I didn't know how that worked. Anyways, I took a look at this: http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/R..._XB360/Weapons
There I found the answers. Basically, the under 5 hours thing is a requirement only for the rocket launcher, but any other weapon can be made unlimited easily just by meeting three requirements: finish the game on any difficulty; completely upgrade everything you can for that weapon; get the final upgrade in the Extra section. This will unlock the unlimiteds on any next playthrough. Unfortunately, not for the DLC lol
Thanks anyways guys ^^
Starlight126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
iiDaRReN316x

i7z iDaRReNx's Gamercard

You can beat the game in 1 hour its easy

iiDaRReN316x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:39 AM   #6
Crosly

Crosly's Gamercard
it is easy, i finished Veteran and Professional with roughly 10mins to spare
Crosly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:24 AM   #7
ZebraMuffinX

ZebraMuffinX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiDaRReN316x View Post
Good one dude.
Completed Retail: NBA 2K6, Call of Duty 2, Resident Evil 5 (1000), History Channel: Civil War, MW2, SH: Homecoming, Tetris Evolution, Bioshock (1100), Bioshock 2 (1000), Fallout 3 (1550), Halo Reach (1000), Fallout: NV (1000). Completed Arcade: Gunstar Heroes, Galaga, Pac-man CE, DR2:CZ, Harm's Way, Doritos Crash Course, Doom, Small Arms. 40,000 GS on 9/03/11
ZebraMuffinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:05 AM   #8
lignimvite

Send a message via Skype™ to lignimvite

lignimvite's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I prefer to use the L Hawk with unlimited ammo and the Dragonuv, cause with that me and my friend, with skipping the cutscenes, beat the game in under 4 hours.
lignimvite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #9
DarkshireGTR

ganongtr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiDaRReN316x View Post
How is that even possible without cheating? That averages out to 3.75 minutes a stage, thats just not possible even if u didn't have to fight anything lol

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with the typewriters"

Completed Games 100%:
- Mass Effect
- Mass Effect 2
DarkshireGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #10
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkshireGTR View Post
How is that even possible without cheating? That averages out to 3.75 minutes a stage, thats just not possible even if u didn't have to fight anything lol
It's not, he was talking smart shit. 1 h up my ass...

You have to do it in COOP, Solo goes nowhere. Here is my record two years ago (Solo). It's clearly not the fastest time but just to get an imagination...

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 03-17-2011 at 12:15 AM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #11
DarkshireGTR

ganongtr's Gamercard
Thats quite fast, but at least s realistic. My time on Vet is just barley over 3 hours, and I wasn't even trying to beat it as quick as possible

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with the typewriters"

Completed Games 100%:
- Mass Effect
- Mass Effect 2
DarkshireGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:34 PM   #12
zhoban

zhoban's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight126 View Post
So far I've read many people talking about this "beat in under 5 hours and you get infinite rockets", but I have two questions regarding this.

First, what do you mean by "infinite" ? Infinite ammo slots so you still need to buy the ammos or it's just free shoot no-limits, like you stay there, hold LT and smash RT for an hour and it'll keep shooting more than breathing?

Second, is the rocket a must or there's a choice? Something like "congratulations! You've beaten the game in under 5 hours, so you get access to infinite ammos for one of your weapons: pick the one you want" or something like "congratulations! You've beaten the game in under 5 hours, so you get access to infinite rocket launcher ammos!" ?

And, in case it's a choice, can I unlock infinite ammos for all the weapons I want by means of completing the game again in under 5 hours?

Thanks in advance.
Once you obtain the Rocket Launcher by either finding it or buying it, keep it in your safe. Once you beat the game in under 5 hours, bring it out and it has unlimited ammunition. You can have every single weapon to have unlimited ammunition, it's a huge time-consumer though. Once you beat the game go into Bonus Features and you should be able to show all of the weapons you currently own. Once you have a certain weapon completely upgraded you can go and get unlimited ammunition for it, as long as you have enough points. The points are given to you at the end of each level. Honestly, if you are really wanting the unlimited Rocket Launcher ammunition then I recommend getting the weapons you really like to have unlimited ammunition then beat it on Amateur. It's not hard to do it by yourself, but it's a lot faster to do it with someone else. Preferably with someone who either has the Rocket Launcher with infinite ammunition or has some good weapons that have infinite ammunition. Basically just run by everything unless it's a boss or you have to fight the enemies. I would recommend getting the infinite ammunition for the Rocket Launcher if you are thinking of attempting Veteran or Professional, those difficulties are bitches without it.

"I was weak, that's why I needed you. I needed someone to punish me for my sins. But that's all over now, I know the truth. Now it's time to end this." - James Sunderland (Silent Hill 2)

zhoban is offline   Reply With Quote