PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-22-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
ULVEN FTW

Versus - the worst DLC in all times?

It is just retarded. The feeling in this MP is the worst I have ever experienced. Win 30 matches in every type of game, ffs! It is so unrewarding playing this shit. Everytime when the few occasions arise when Im about to win a team survivor, a player of the opposing team leaves the game. Seriously, everytime I play this I throw my controller so hard in the bed. Wouldnt surprise me if it when in to the wall some time very soon.

Unfortunaly Im one of those achievementwhores who hates incompleted games. The only thing left is to boost which takes freakin FOREVER!!!

OMG... I just needed to write som steam off. Im just so frustrated.
ULVEN FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
Qonok

Qonok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Well, all I can say is at least they didn't make that central to the main game and part of the 1k. They put it in some DLC. Other than that, I have never been partial to multiplayer tacked onto a single player game just because multiplayer is popular and can extend gameplay.
Co-op in the main game is quite fine though.

Last edited by Qonok; 08-22-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Qonok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
UCB Disco

Disco Penguins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Definitely not. It wasn't great, by any means, but I had a lot of fun with it, personally.

It played just like Mercenaries, which is not a bad thing at all, considering Mercenaries is a great mode with a ton of replay value, especially if you like going for high scores.

Other than that, I had tons of fun with my friends and my brother when we were going for the achievements. You learn a lot of tricks and placements that help make this mode much more enjoyable. After I got all of this DLC's achievements, I played a few rounds with random people online, and I did surprisingly well.

Again, it wasn't great, but it sure was not the worst DLC ever. I would reserve that special title for any of those numerous map packs that cost 800-1200MSP for 3 maps. Those, my friend, are total ripoffs.

UCB Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
StW

I StW I's Gamercard
I just bought this yesterday and tbh I am really enjoying it lol, find it fun i mean it is kind of annoying I guess how people can just quickly zig zag past you and come to you with a shotty in the face, but oh well
StW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:27 AM   #5
blee717

o BLEE x's Gamercard
It's such a bad concept but they seem to have put nicotine in it because I couldn't stop playing it for some odd reason.

"CoD doesn't stand for Call of Duty, it stands for Camp or Die"
-Serjio Duarte (Anvil Gate)-

"The new Dante looks like he just walked out of a gay Twilight movie"
-Me-
"Or worse, Taintlight"

blee717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #6
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Versus was bad, but Desperate Escape was, by FAR, the worst DLC I've ever downloaded.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:09 AM   #7
ScubaFAUS

ScubaFAUS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iv AJay vI View Post
Versus was bad, but Desperate Escape was, by FAR, the worst DLC I've ever downloaded.
You must never have played Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot then. :P

Last edited by ScubaFAUS; 08-29-2010 at 12:07 AM.
ScubaFAUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:36 AM   #8
OzzieArcane

Ozzie Arcane's Gamercard
Versus mode in this seems horribly pointless. To many games tack on versus mode when it just doesn't belong in the game. But at least it's not as bad as Overlord's versus.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #9
Ortega Ortega

Ortega Ortega's Gamercard
it was absolutely terrible, at least the achievements and the survival, slayer was alright. But i would suggest not playing the dlc unless youre a gamerscore kinda person and have some buddies
Ortega Ortega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:43 AM   #10
xdiamondxinfernox
Banned User

diamondxinferno's Gamercard
the DLC wasnt as bad as you people are making it seem lol i hated desperate escape with a passion but just because i hate it doesnt mean it sucks right?
xdiamondxinfernox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #11
ViVaGordito4evr

ViVaGordito4evr's Gamercard
How many people do you need to boost?

Can you boost the VS. with 1 other person, or do you need 4 players (2 on each team) to boost? Appreciate any feedback; would be nice and easy if I could just do the 2 xbox method (I admit it's lazy but it saves a lot of time and aggravation).
Thanks,

Old 09-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #12
blee717

o BLEE x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViVaGordito4evr View Post
Can you boost the VS. with 1 other person, or do you need 4 players (2 on each team) to boost? Appreciate any feedback; would be nice and easy if I could just do the 2 xbox method (I admit it's lazy but it saves a lot of time and aggravation).
Thanks,

Team has to be done with 4. The solo/lone wolves ones can be done with 1 other person.

"CoD doesn't stand for Call of Duty, it stands for Camp or Die"

"The new Dante looks like he just walked out of a gay Twilight movie"
-Me-
"Or worse, Taintlight"

blee717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #13
Aks90

Aks90's Gamercard
Slayers/Team Slayers is fine but survivors/Team survivors is annoying and not fair . if the opposing team got the two shotguns first you will loose the match and when i play every time they use the bazooka quicker than me , i mean they don't even aim . . . they don't even take their weapon out of their a$$ , and when i try to do it it doesn't work.
Aks90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #14
doctor lollypop
Banned User

doctor lollypop's Gamercard
i just how the person/team in last place gets a multiplier so they can get back in the game... cause you could be winning the whole time and then in the last 30 secs the last place guy steals your ax man kill and boom 15k they win
doctor lollypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #15
rowain

Toaster Ham's Gamercard
I agree that it's retarded. For one, the controls of the game are absolute garbage. Trying to play a twitch action game competitive mode... with your character rooted in cement whenever he/she needs to aim. OK, yeah, fuck you Capcom.

Two, the actual scoring is confusing and arbitrary, I've had many games where we've had twice as many kills, higher multipliers by FAR, and just done generally better and the other team still beats us by like 10k. Once I literally spent the entire match just trying to revive my partner 10 times for that achievement, and we ended up winning against two others who were actually trying.

The mode only serves to highlight RE5's failings: an attempt to bridge the gap between the classic Japanese survival horror and the modern American shooter and manages to botch both. It's like a DLC for Madden that removes the actual football and replaces it with 1985 text based input.

I can't deny I enjoyed the co-op though - and the excellent production values for the voice acting and cutscenes.

Last edited by rowain; 09-22-2010 at 09:27 PM.
rowain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:51 PM   #16
Carrotcat II

Carrotcat II's Gamercard
I kinda agree...
Carrotcat II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #17
MattyG1983

Send a message via Yahoo to MattyG1983

Matty to tha G's Gamercard
I like all the DLC I don't see why some people are complaining so much. Maybe they aren't the greatest but at least the prices are low.
MattyG1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #18
Franchyze228

Franchyze228's Gamercard
From an achievement-whores perspective, yes, this absolutely sucks. I'm an achievement whore myself. I never really felt the anger and pressure of this game until it was down to the last achievement for 30 wins on Survivor. The combination of last-second-kills and quitters and people that were just downright BETTER than I was SUCKED! I, like you, slammed my controller down a few times (now my B-button is forever altered lol). For all the other achievements, they were fine. I would just have a few drinks and put on some music and just game out. I actually enjoyed my experience getting all the other achievements. But that last one... oh man... took over a year for me to finally get it. But anyways... Yeah, this is just a shitty DLC if you're an achievement-whore. Either way, I wish you the best of luck. Take care!
Franchyze228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #19
gamerscorhunta

Send a message via Skype™ to gamerscorhunta

MaurickShepherd's Gamercard
That's why I usually set up a game with my friends. NO we do not boost, we actually just have a friendly competition, but we are aware of the Versus achievements. That's why we play 5 games of it a day, both solo and Team, it helps out A LOT. You all should try it, competing against strangers stink!

Love my Sheppy children, Archer, Bishop and Knight
gamerscorhunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #20
Creeping monte

creeping monte's Gamercard
It would have been soooo much better if it was just Mercenaries or a vs like L4D

NO friend requests without msg

2014Goal progress-
142k/160K -gamerscore from 134K
189/210 -100% completes from 181

Currently looking for players for:
GTA4, Halo Wars and Splinter Cell: Conviction
Creeping monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:34 PM   #21
mr wong tong

mr wong tong's Gamercard
you obviously never looked at the call of duty mw2 downloadable map packs. or oblivions horse armour. just sayin.
mr wong tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:28 AM   #22
Gatsu

Shin Gatsurai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The VS mode would of been better as 4 player co-op mercenaries or slayers & team slayers without the ability to shoot each other, basically co-op & competitive mercenaries.

Hell make it like the outbreak games, get from A to B with limited resources.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sig' pic' created by - Gackt
Did you find me?
Gatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:07 AM   #23
lignimvite

Send a message via Skype™ to lignimvite

lignimvite's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I enjoyed it, I just hated it when people left, and the achievements with it, at least the 30 wins, totally sucked.
lignimvite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:44 AM   #24
DarkshireGTR

ganongtr's Gamercard
So who thinks that it would be worth getting verus for the achivements? Uve held off on getting it till last, but i do want all the achievements
DarkshireGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:50 AM   #25
ZebraMuffinX

ZebraMuffinX's Gamercard
Versus is fun, albeit very frustrating at times. Let me know if you need a partner.
Completed Retail: NBA 2K6, Call of Duty 2, Resident Evil 5 (1000), History Channel: Civil War, MW2, SH: Homecoming, Tetris Evolution, Bioshock (1100), Bioshock 2 (1000), Fallout 3 (1550), Halo Reach (1000), Fallout: NV (1000). Completed Arcade: Gunstar Heroes, Galaga, Pac-man CE, DR2:CZ, Harm's Way, Doritos Crash Course, Doom, Small Arms. 40,000 GS on 9/03/11
ZebraMuffinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:25 PM   #26
TheReazie

raezie's Gamercard
I hate this shit but i need it done simply because its resident evil :@
Any other game i wouldnt care FML !
TheReazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:12 AM   #27
giantsfan940

giantsfan940's Gamercard
I don't think so at all. I found it fun, was it perfect no, but I enjoyed it. I didn't think it was a chore to get the achievements for it at all. Granted, it was more fun when it first came out since there were more dedicated players, but people have gotten away with charging for alot more for alot less.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #28
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
The only thing to complain about the DLC is that quitters end the match. The controls are the same as in the campaign, so they shouldn't surprise anybody.

I consider the Dark Void DLC, which is retardedly hard and won't load up unless I wipe my cache EVERY SINGLE TIME, and the Army of Two 2 DLC, where the chievos don't unlock, far worse.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-2

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:21 PM   #29
LolipopGuild

Earthbound Cory's Gamercard
I hate the Versus mode so much! The other two DLC were great (Desperate Escape was totally worth the money and more), but the Versus mode sucks. For one, they can't give an automatic win for the other team when someone quits? So many rage quitters make this nearly impossible to win 30 matches of each game type.

However, I always get destroyed when I play. The other team gets magnum/shotgun right off the bat and I never know where/how to get them. I'd like this game a lot more if they kept it to pistols only so you'd at least be on level playing ground, but when the other team has guns way more powerful than you from the start, it makes it unrelenting.
LolipopGuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #30
Syrinx

Syrinx vVv's Gamercard
i understand what you are saying an to be honest you shouldn't have to pay for a game to be online but then again you do get achievement with it aswell, and i'm sure a lot of people like mercinaries so they will like this a lot people are just different that's all lol
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote