PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #31
III Will III

Yes you can play co op and philly thanks fro guide i going use it when i go for last achievments

Arcade 100% (200)
Dash Of destruction

Currently working on.
Resident Evil 5 720/1000 Madden 09 750/1000

III WILL III Sig By Me
III Will III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #32
m00n22

m00n22's Gamercard
Great guide Philly46!. Only need like 10 more achievements, most of them I didn't know how to get. But now I do. Thanks!
m00n22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #33
rockhopper

Doomed Smurf's Gamercard
Can you only get the golden egg at the center island in Marshlands? We went there and looked all around but didn't find a gold egg. Found brown and white ones though. Eventually we killed the chickens because they attacked us. Can I just reload the chapter and look for them again? BTW, we're playing on normal difficulty. I don't know if that affects what egg drops.

PS3 ID:
rockhopper78

Retail (original 1000) & more:
Arcade (original 200) & more: 44
rockhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #34
Sottle

Sottle's Gamercard
The "Who Do You Trust" achievement is just a matter of helping Sheva out during the game, heal her, give her items, resuscitate her, etc. I'm surprised you guys aren't getting it in the course of a normal game, i had it before Chapter 4.
Sottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #35
jaded805

jaded805's Gamercard
^^^ All the time I play is online, so I never play with the CPU.

I've helped and been helped 100+ times according to my stats, but they've all been in online co-op so it might not unlock unless you're playing with the CPU.

jaded805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:15 PM   #36
Sottle

Sottle's Gamercard
That would make sense to me.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #37
FinsternIRL

FinsternIRL's Gamercard
quick question, I have every weapon, 4 pistols, 4 shotguns, 4 machine guns, 3 snipers, 3 magnums, 1 gatling gun, 1 longbow, 1 rocket launcher, 1 grenade launcher, 1 stun baton, 1 prox bomb, 1 frag, 1 incendiary, 1 flash grenade, every type of ammo conceivable and still no achievement. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: It unlocked after spending ten mins in the inventory loadout screen.

Last edited by FinsternIRL; 03-08-2009 at 10:25 PM. Reason: fixed
FinsternIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #38
GaMeReVX

GaMeReVX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Who Do You Trust? Achievement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sottle View Post
The "Who Do You Trust" achievement is just a matter of helping Sheva out during the game, heal her, give her items, resuscitate her, etc. I'm surprised you guys aren't getting it in the course of a normal game, i had it before Chapter 4.
You can actually get it quicker than that. I basically loaded her up with healing items, got hit and let her heal/resuscitate me.

The key thing that I did during this was to say "Thanks!" (Press after receiving an item/being healed from Sheva) after any interactions. No, seriously. I have yet to play single player (been playing co-op) and all I've been doing to get the achievement was thanking her whenever she healed/resuscitate/gave me ammo. It took approximately 10-15 interactions (unverifed exact number, apologies due to trading ammo as well, also took about 15 minutes overall, majority healing interactions with each other) to get it.

(Notes: Ran around Chapter 1-2, getting up to area with the boss battle. Ran the chapter twice to obtain achievement, getting it halfway on second run.)

Hope that helps!

Gears of War 3 Video Collectibles Guide
Resident Evil 5 Video Emblem Guide

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/gamerevx
AotG: 1st to beat on Hard/US & Team to 200.
My 1st achievement guide!

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by GaMeReVX; 03-08-2009 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Added extra notes & interaction notes, error on Chapter
GaMeReVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #39
FinsternIRL

FinsternIRL's Gamercard
Will test that now gamerev
Old 03-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #40
GaMeReVX

GaMeReVX's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsternIRL View Post
Will test that now gamerev
Appreciated!

Old 03-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #41
kyoukishoji

kyouki shoji's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think who do you trust has something to do with coming to your partners aid. I got it on Chapter 5, I was at the dying screen when Sheva used a first aid spray on me and then it just popped up.
kyoukishoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #42
FinsternIRL

FinsternIRL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeReVX View Post
Appreciated!

Well done man! I picked chapter 1-2 on veteran(so when we get hit a sizable amount of hp gets taken off us) so theres more chance for healing, stocked up on healing sprays, didn't give any weapons to Sheva. Whenever zombies showed up id let them hit me and when they grabbed her I'd let them take her health down a bit, she would heal me and I would say thanks, eventually she ran low on health sprays so I gave her more, went and fought the Uroborus she got grabbed by it, I punched it, she healed, I said thanks and the achievement popped.

I haven't played single player that much so I would agree that saying thanks helps a lot cos if you notice whenever you do something for her she is very polite
Old 03-08-2009, 11:02 PM   #43
GaMeReVX

GaMeReVX's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsternIRL View Post
Well done man! I picked chapter 1-2 on veteran(so when we get hit a sizable amount of hp gets taken off us) so theres more chance for healing, stocked up on healing sprays, didn't give any weapons to Sheva. Whenever zombies showed up id let them hit me and when they grabbed her I'd let them take her health down a bit, she would heal me and I would say thanks, eventually she ran low on health sprays so I gave her more, went and fought the Uroborus she got grabbed by it, I punched it, she healed, I said thanks and the achievement popped.

I haven't played single player that much so I would agree that saying thanks helps a lot cos if you notice whenever you do something for her she is very polite
No problem! I did run Chapter 1-2 as well and just noticed I put 2-1 on accident. Oops. xD Edited it on original post.

Glad you got it though. ^^;

Old 03-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #44
outlawtorm

Outlawtorm's Gamercard
the easy way to do veteran and professional is get the S&W M500 and max it up then buy the infinite ammo option from the bonus section. This takes down boss on hard in 5-6 hits and i just beat veteran in 4hrs and 23 mins. Piece of piss
outlawtorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:36 AM   #45
Sottle

Sottle's Gamercard
Anyone got any sort of WIP for an English treasure guide? The Japanese list is really hard to work with.

List of what i need:

Sapphire (Oval) - FOUND - English: Chapter 5-3 - During the Wesker/Jill fight after Wesker kicks you through the door turn around and follow the corridor into the room containing all the coffins/sarcophagi. The Sapphire is in a small pot on the shelf to the right as you enter.
Ruby (Brilliant) - FOUND - English: Chapter 5-3 Leave the room with the giant rotating elevator, then look on the ceiling between the last two lights as you emerge from the tunnel in the next room.
Diamond (Brilliant) - - FOUND - Chapter - 2-2 - After the scene with Irving, go down the stairs and exit the house, head forward towards the machine gun turret and look for a small ladder on your left, the chest with the diamond is up on that ledge.
Topaz (Marquis)
Emerald (Marquis)
Diamond (Marquis)

Last edited by Sottle; 03-09-2009 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:06 AM   #46
Hint

Hint X Rus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sottle View Post
Anyone got any sort of WIP for an English treasure guide? The Japanese list is really hard to work with.

List of what i need:

Sapphire (Oval) - FOUND - English: Chapter 5-3 - During the Wesker/Jill fight after Wesker kicks you through the door turn around and follow the corridor into the room containing all the coffins/sarcophagi. The Sapphire is in a small pot on the shelf to the right as you enter.
Ruby (Brilliant) - FOUND - English: Chapter 5-3 Leave the room with the giant rotating elevator, then look on the ceiling between the last two lights as you emerge from the tunnel in the next room.
Diamond (Brilliant)
Topaz (Marquis)
Emerald (Marquis)
Diamond (Marquis)
Can you say where did find Tapaz(Oval)?
Hint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:10 AM   #47
Shatteredhaze

Shatteredhaze's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3 D3c0y View Post
For the who do u trust achievement I can tell you its not by beating the game fully in co-op. I just did it with a friend on veteran. No achievement.
Same here, I done the game with a friend too, no achievement for the Trust Partner. I have a feeling it has something to do with health, such as healing ur partner, help ur partner before dying and such. As so far I noticed it has connection with herbs and healing...
Shatteredhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:02 AM   #48
Philly46
Banned User

Philly46's Gamercard
Quote:
You can actually get it quicker than that. I basically loaded her up with healing items, got hit and let her heal/resuscitate me.

The key thing that I did during this was to say "Thanks!" (Press after receiving an item/being healed from Sheva) after any interactions. No, seriously. I have yet to play single player (been playing co-op) and all I've been doing to get the achievement was thanking her whenever she healed/resuscitate/gave me ammo. It took approximately 10-15 interactions (unverifed exact number, apologies due to trading ammo as well, also took about 15 minutes overall, majority healing interactions with each other) to get it.

(Notes: Ran around Chapter 1-2, getting up to area with the boss battle. Ran the chapter twice to obtain achievement, getting it halfway on second run.)

Hope that helps!
I've just tried this and it unlocked for me, added and thank you.
Philly46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:19 AM   #49
Sottle

Sottle's Gamercard
Ok, found all treasures except one, will get what i remember down quickly into a new topic and finish it off tomorrow as it's become 2am without me noticing
Old 03-09-2009, 06:58 AM   #50
kompormeleduq

i just found out recently, that using longbow (fully upgrade the S75 rifle, and longbow will appear in the buy list for 50,000) will increase the chance dropping the rotten egg. i play through 5-3, and i got 3 rotten egg, just using long bow
kompormeleduq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:04 AM   #51
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kompormeleduq View Post
i just found out recently, that using longbow (fully upgrade the S75 rifle, and longbow will appear in the buy list for 50,000) will increase the chance dropping the rotten egg. i play through 5-3, and i got 3 rotten egg, just using long bow
Perhaps it is a coincidence? I Found my Rotten eggs quite easy on first play through.
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:35 AM   #52
faded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomized View Post
Perhaps it is a coincidence? I Found my Rotten eggs quite easy on first play through.
umm not sure if its some kind of coincidence though, i was just finish playing with him recently (kompor) n yea the rotten egg drops frequently

faded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:48 AM   #53
Shatteredhaze

Shatteredhaze's Gamercard
Quote:

Hope that helps!
Thanks a lot man, I got mine unlocked~! There's another easier way to do this - Loaded Sheeva with healing items, choose Chapter 1-1 on Veteran, make your way to the point after jumping down the window, you will be attacked by a whole horde of Majini. All I did was run around getting attacked, Sheeva will heal & thank her back. Don't forget to thank her too when she help you from restrained by the Majini, and she will thank you when you help her from troubles.
Shatteredhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #54
omegamustard

Send a message via AIM to omegamustard Send a message via Yahoo to omegamustard

OmegaMustard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
For the time it takes for 1000, I would say about 20-25 hours. I've played 14 hours and I have all achievements except 1 (beat it on professional). I know that is gonna take me awhile as I haven't started yet. Note: I have played through the full game 3 times so far, so you can factor that in as well. Difficulty wise, all achievements are easy except the difficulty achievements, Veteran isn't really that hard but Professional is pretty tough. So I would rank the game a 7/10 difficulty wise.

omegamustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #55
faded

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegamustard View Post
For the time it takes for 1000, I would say about 20-25 hours. I've played 14 hours and I have all achievements except 1 (beat it on professional). I know that is gonna take me awhile as I haven't started yet. Note: I have played through the full game 3 times so far, so you can factor that in as well. Difficulty wise, all achievements are easy except the difficulty achievements, Veteran isn't really that hard but Professional is pretty tough. So I would rank the game a 7/10 difficulty wise.
whoa nice bro, i wish u luck beating the professional difficulty

anyway, do u think bulletproof vest and melee vest is useful when playing professional? i mean thinking about the damage from the enemy can be fatal, im guessing the best way is to leave those 2 and carry like 2-3 weapons with infinite ammo + healing items for the rest of the inventory slots...

faded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #56
Philly46
Banned User

Philly46's Gamercard
Updated the Treasure bit and created a spreadsheet for it. Just need to finish the weapons list.
Philly46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #57
Ruzlix

Chapter 5-3 is a NIGHTMARE on professional difficulty, the boss battle that is. The AI partner is just dumb as hell and if it wasn't for her I'd beat it in 3 or 4 tries, instead it took me about 40 tries. She goes wherever she wants to sometimes and that means she'll get shot and die, sometimes she doesn't heal me when I'm dying, she just stands there like an idiot, etc.

Eventually, after a lot of bashing the stupid AI, I made it!
Ruzlix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #58
Sottle

Sottle's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzlix View Post
Chapter 5-3 is a NIGHTMARE on professional difficulty, the boss battle that is. The AI partner is just dumb as hell and if it wasn't for her I'd beat it in 3 or 4 tries, instead it took me about 40 tries. She goes wherever she wants to sometimes and that means she'll get shot and die, sometimes she doesn't heal me when I'm dying, she just stands there like an idiot, etc.

Eventually, after a lot of bashing the stupid AI, I made it!
If anyone else is having trouble with this, here are my Pro tactics for the boss fight.

Magnum on Chris. (Plus Bullet armour if you have it)
Nothing but herbs on Sheva (Plus Bullet armour if you have it)

As soon as the fight starts, take a potshot at Wesker, he will dodge, now wait to see what he does next. If he goes into the crouch position, aim at his legs and fire two magnum shots, the first will catch him where he starts, and the second should hit him after he zips up close to you. This will put him in stun, press X to initiate the combo (X,X,B,A,A+B).

If he does anything except the crouch, run straight past him and after Jill. You need to spend the entire fight right in Jill's face so she never tries to shoot you, just get right up close to her and strafe around her. When she attempts her somersault kick, the dodge command will come up, DON'T DODGE, just keep moving and she'll miss, this gives you plenty of time to run up and throw her, which will keep her stunned for about 30-35 seconds. This is your chance to go after Wesker.

Once Jill is down, let Wesker walk up to you and shoot him as soon as he inititiates a kick or punch to stun him, then use the combo above.

If you can repeat this 3 times quickly enough, you can cause Wesker to flee before he even kicks you through the door. Just remember to turn your attention back to Jill when she stands up.

If you do get to the part where Wesker kicks you through the door it's practically impossible to succeed as Sheva will split off from you and get herself killed. Your only hope is that she has enough healing items to survive while you finish Wesker.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:23 PM   #59
jorGe62990
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to jorGe62990

jorGe62990's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Great guide Philly! Don't have the game yet, but I know where I am going to come for any help I need.
jorGe62990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #60
corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost's Gamercard
Is "The Works" possible playing solo? Any tips?

Also, I didn't see bad blood or master of removing in the actual guide -- do we have specifics on those yet?

corrosivefrost is offline   Reply With Quote