PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-10-2009, 12:40 AM   #61
Sottle

Sottle's Gamercard
Bad Blood is hurting Wesker enough to make him run away

Master Of Removing is tearing off Jills heart device whilst your partner is restraining her, doing it while she's on the floor doesn't work.
Sottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:42 AM   #62
mastas

Kae Mastas's Gamercard
Talking

Who Do You Trust? - 30
Build up a certain level of trust with your partner.

You can do it in single player mode too just press (B) when she Heals you, Get a Head Shot and Give you an item. I got mine just hitting (B) every time she do one of the three. I hope this Helps.
mastas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:12 AM   #63
PWNStarZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sottle View Post
Bad Blood is hurting Wesker enough to make him run away
Are u sure about that ? I did beat him a few times and nothing...
PWNStarZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:15 AM   #64
mybrownpostbox

have you no heart?

did i miss the info on the heart stopper achievement or is it not recorded at this time?
mybrownpostbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:16 AM   #65
Philly46
Banned User

Philly46's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosivefrost View Post
Is "The Works" possible playing solo? Any tips?

Also, I didn't see bad blood or master of removing in the actual guide -- do we have specifics on those yet?
Yup, they're in the Spoiler tags as they contain details to the story.
Philly46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:31 AM   #66
faded

my recommendation on doing the works achievement is to find a big majini (like the tall, big, fat and bald guy) and try to do the combos, because they dont die easily like the common majinis

faded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:43 AM   #67
vsbv-lightstorm

Send a message via AIM to vsbv-lightstorm Send a message via MSN to vsbv-lightstorm

vsbv-lightstorm's Gamercard
guide looks good man.
vsbv-lightstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:21 AM   #68
x2j7b6r9x

Quote:
If anyone else is having trouble with this, here are my Pro tactics for the boss fight.

Magnum on Chris. (Plus Bullet armour if you have it)
Nothing but herbs on Sheva (Plus Bullet armour if you have it)

As soon as the fight starts, take a potshot at Wesker, he will dodge, now wait to see what he does next. If he goes into the crouch position, aim at his legs and fire two magnum shots, the first will catch him where he starts, and the second should hit him after he zips up close to you. This will put him in stun, press X to initiate the combo (X,X,B,A,A+B).

If he does anything except the crouch, run straight past him and after Jill. You need to spend the entire fight right in Jill's face so she never tries to shoot you, just get right up close to her and strafe around her. When she attempts her somersault kick, the dodge command will come up, DON'T DODGE, just keep moving and she'll miss, this gives you plenty of time to run up and throw her, which will keep her stunned for about 30-35 seconds. This is your chance to go after Wesker.

Once Jill is down, let Wesker walk up to you and shoot him as soon as he inititiates a kick or punch to stun him, then use the combo above.

If you can repeat this 3 times quickly enough, you can cause Wesker to flee before he even kicks you through the door. Just remember to turn your attention back to Jill when she stands up.

If you do get to the part where Wesker kicks you through the door it's practically impossible to succeed as Sheva will split off from you and get herself killed. Your only hope is that she has enough healing items to survive while you finish Wesker.
Wow.... i would not have read this thread if i knew there were spoilers... this person should have put spoiler before telling this. Otherwise great guide.
x2j7b6r9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:25 AM   #69
x2j7b6r9x

Dammit im really dissapointed to have read about Jill and ripping out her chest?! I didnt even know JILL WAS GONNA BE IN THIS GAME! -_- people need to start writing spoiler before u say anything. I don't care much to put spoiler in front of mine since it's already put out there for people to see.
x2j7b6r9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:22 AM   #70
omegamustard

Send a message via AIM to omegamustard Send a message via Yahoo to omegamustard

OmegaMustard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by faded View Post
whoa nice bro, i wish u luck beating the professional difficulty

anyway, do u think bulletproof vest and melee vest is useful when playing professional? i mean thinking about the damage from the enemy can be fatal, im guessing the best way is to leave those 2 and carry like 2-3 weapons with infinite ammo + healing items for the rest of the inventory slots...
Alright, me and a friend ran through chapters 1-4 on professional. From what I've seen, the melee vest will only help you against dog attacks. Everything else is instant kill.

omegamustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #71
Sottle

Sottle's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWNStarZ View Post
Are u sure about that ? I did beat him a few times and nothing...
Yes, there are two ways to win the fight. One is surviving for 7 minutes, and one is damaging Wesker enough to make him retreat. If he says something like "playtime's over" before he runs away, then you haven't done it, the time has just run out.

And honestly guys, you're looking at an achievement guide before the game comes out, you're going to get spoiled.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #72
Philly46
Banned User

Philly46's Gamercard
I did my best by covering up anything story related, it's your own fault for diving further. Sooner or later it'll be mentioned.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:46 PM   #73
wolvieware

wolvieware's Gamercard
Does anyone know if coop effects these achievements? I plan to play with a friend - do we both unlock them together?

cheers.
wolvieware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #74
Sottle

Sottle's Gamercard
Depends on the achievement. Stuff like completing the difficulties will pop for both players.

Stuff like X number of headshots, X kills with weapons etc you can still do in co-op but each character will need the right number to get the achievement. Stuff like barrel kills, grenade kills, transformer kills, stab a licker in the heart, deflect a crossbow bolt etc will only unlock for the person who performs the action.

Master of Removing will still unlock as long as you do it together, not while she's on the floor.

Any emblems or treasures you collect are awarded to both players.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:16 PM   #75
Philly46
Banned User

Philly46's Gamercard
Bad Blood also unlocks, did it last night with a mate. I already had it and was playing as Chris, my friend as Sheva got it when I wooped you know who during our playthrough and all he did was keep the other you know who busy.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:48 PM   #76
F Stumbleduck

F Stumbleduck's Gamercard
One tip for "Go Into the Light": it works the way described in the guide, but if you want a slightly easier approach just wait until you encounter the groups of spiders. These guys die instantly with flashbangs, so I found it easiest to do it to them.
F Stumbleduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #77
Serious Ninja

O Infamy's Gamercard
Great guide man! I will definitly use this when i get the game
Serious Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:28 PM   #78
XxIPUNISH3RIxX

Send a message via AIM to XxIPUNISH3RIxX Send a message via Skype™ to XxIPUNISH3RIxX

Denial Magic's Gamercard
good work on the guide

100% retail completed
50 Cent BOTS,Skate,Cod2,Cod4,Cod5,Gears of War(1250),NFS Most Wanted,NFS Undercover,Lost,The Bourne Conspiracy,
Bully Scholarship ED,Madden 06,Madden 09,Viva Pinata,TMNT
100% arcade completed
Galaga,Uno,Soulcalibur,Dash of Destruction
XxIPUNISH3RIxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #79
IIIDEFAULTIII

IIIDEFAULTIII's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by F Stumbleduck View Post
One tip for "Go Into the Light": it works the way described in the guide, but if you want a slightly easier approach just wait until you encounter the groups of spiders. These guys die instantly with flashbangs, so I found it easiest to do it to them.
i did that like 3 hours ago was very easy i killed like 8 spiders with one flashbang very easy way to get the achievement

IIIDEFAULTIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #80
DefJamV

DefJamV x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Excelent guide, keep it up.

DefJamV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:23 AM   #81
bigtankdawg

BigTankDawg's Gamercard
Quote:
Depends on the achievement. Stuff like completing the difficulties will pop for both players.

Stuff like X number of headshots, X kills with weapons etc you can still do in co-op but each character will need the right number to get the achievement. Stuff like barrel kills, grenade kills, transformer kills, stab a licker in the heart, deflect a crossbow bolt etc will only unlock for the person who performs the action.

Master of Removing will still unlock as long as you do it together, not while she's on the floor.

Any emblems or treasures you collect are awarded to both players.
Thanks... I was just wondering about that... Quick question though, Do the eggs go to both players as well. Or does each person have to pick up his/her own eggs to get the "Egg Hunt" Achievement?
bigtankdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:55 AM   #82
faded

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtankdawg View Post
Thanks... I was just wondering about that... Quick question though, Do the eggs go to both players as well. Or does each person have to pick up his/her own eggs to get the "Egg Hunt" Achievement?
actually there is an easy way, if u have a friend that already have all 4 types of eggs, in the inventory lobby before u play the chapter, u can ask ur friend to give them to u and the achievement will unlock instantly, but if both of u haven't got it yet each egg is only for the player who picks it up

faded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #83
BonyBondo

BonyBondo's Gamercard
my tips on getting who do you trust achievement.

while doing rotten egg money glitch, consume the rotten egg till u are dying.
After which Sheva will heal you. Juz keep saying thx.
BonyBondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:47 PM   #84
Venomous67

BadAgenda's Gamercard
Venomous67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #85
P Fratt

Quote:
Originally Posted by faded View Post
my recommendation on doing the works achievement is to find a big majini (like the tall, big, fat and bald guy) and try to do the combos, because they dont die easily like the common majinis
To make this easier, find a big man majini and hit him once with the stun rod then run up to him and press X, have your partner do the same then you finish him off.

I did it solo on amateur on chapter 2-1 on the first big man majini you fight (after you meet the dogs).

For 'Be the Knife', i got it by chance when i was knifing a majini and deflected the arrow at the same time but my friend got it right after by backing up to the furthest point possible (end of bridge on 2-1 near the gap you had to jump over) and then tried to time it. The further you are, the easier it becomes because you have more time to react.

Last edited by P Fratt; 03-11-2009 at 07:11 PM.
P Fratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #86
jaded805

jaded805's Gamercard
Hey Philly, to update main post, I got all 1000 points yesterday and I had only been playing the game for 35 hours.

I did do the money glitch for upgrading guns (about 30 mins of it) but from there on out I beat the game about 6-8 times in it's entirety and achieved all 'S' Rankings on Veteran, so I'm sure if you don't do all that, 20hrs will do for the full 1000.

jaded805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #87
m00n22

m00n22's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonyBondo View Post
my tips on getting who do you trust achievement.

while doing rotten egg money glitch, consume the rotten egg till u are dying.
After which Sheva will heal you. Juz keep saying thx.
This must be added to the guide. Fastest way to get the "Who do you trust" achievement. Thanks for the tip, got it in like 2 mins. .

Only need the Veteran/Professional and the Works achievement. Tried the combo a few times with a mate over live, but we couldn't hit them more then 2 times. (chainsaw guy and the big guy with mask on the marslands).
m00n22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #88
jaded805

jaded805's Gamercard
For The Works you need to make sure the initial hit is either a Hook from Chris or a Twist Kick from Sheva, or else you can't keep the combo going.

jaded805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:51 AM   #89
brewser80

BREWser80's Gamercard
This is awesome! I'm gonna go through once on my own, and then I'll come back here to clean up whatever I don't get.

I'm assuming that we can get a sticky on this thread?
brewser80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #90
Suki

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
im just trying to work out how many play throughs this is gonna take to get the 1000 does anyone have a clue, gonna get started on saturday when i get it.