a Female perspective on gaming

xTIGERLILLIEx

the female gamers are becoming more and more known about, with over 7000 members of the gamerchix and 1000's of others that havent registered. i think that having a female blog or article page ( viewable by all) would boost the knowledge of female gamers and make us more accepted in a community thats known to be male dominated.

i currently write articles, reviews etc for a website named gamebetties. for the past 3 weeks the owner has decided to take a more hands of aproach and has shown lack of interest in her website.

because of this i have decided to take my articles and a girls view on gaming else where.

i think an addition of a girl view on gaming and gaming events would be a great addition to this site.

opinions anyone?!

Specifically making a 'female' blog/section would in theory be segregating males and females even more. Gamers are gamers, no one cares if you're male, female, black, white etc.

Making a special section for females just shows there is a difference between the two sexes when it comes to games. I feel this would have an opposite effect of what you intend, which seems to be unite all gamers.

Also, if there is a female only section, then other select groups would also want their own section which would get completely out of control.

I say, come here and enjoy the site. If you want to write acrticles from a female perspective then do it, but you don't need a brand new section for it.

Peace

Specifically making a 'female' blog/section would in theory be segregating males and females even more. Gamers are gamers, no one cares if you're male, female, black, white etc.

Making a special section for females just shows there is a difference between the two sexes when it comes to games. I feel this would have an opposite effect of what you intend, which seems to be unite all gamers.

Also, if there is a female only section, then other select groups would also want their own section which would get completely out of control.

I say, come here and enjoy the site. If you want to write acrticles from a female perspective then do it, but you don't need a brand new section for it.

Peace

I need not say no more - Narco is completely right, There would be to much conflict with everyone else saying they want a Blog/Forum page Etc.

how many blogs on the front page of this site are written by women???

Does it matter what the sex is of the 'blogs?' authors'?

Look, no offence - but it seems that you want special treatment because you're a woman. Everyone is equal here no matter what sex/race/nationality you are.

As I said before, no one is stopping you writing articles in the perspective of a woman and posting them up in the forums. Just don't expect them to go front page just becuase of your sex.

Peace

i dont want special treatment i want equal treatment

Don't you already have that?

I've yet to read a gamer blog geared towards the Y chromosome. Creating difference isn't going to create equality, equality exists when you don't see difference.

Just because your a girl doesn't mean you have a different understanding of the games as boys would. Every boy, girl, hybrid has their own viewpoints. No website i've seen claims to be what the guys think about games, it's what the reviewers, writers, bloggers, whoever is writing be it male, female, xenomorph.

i dont want special treatment i want equal treatment

What on earth makes you think that you don't have equal treatment, the only private sections of the forums are for subscribers and staff. Also, social groups can be made private if you wish to talk privately with other members.

For your interest, the girl gamers group can be found here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/group.php?groupid=98

Like Narco said, making a girls on section is just segregating you even further, all gamers are treated as equals. Male, femalee, black, white, alien....

Like Narco said, making a girls on section is just segregating you even further, all gamers are treated as equals. Male, femalee, black, white, alien....

You always bring some light to my day, Night ;)

And to the topic, I don't also think that girls should receive a different treatment than boys (sorry for not saying women and men...), but also boys shouldn't receive different treatment than girls (I'm not saying that boys are getting treated better but...). And you can always write your articles, reviews and stuff and send them to Minty or Webb and they'll see if it's approved to the site, then if your reviews are good enough you may be even asked for the Review team!

PS. If that avatar of your is a picture of you, I want to know why I know at least 10 girls that are gamers and have black hair, but non of them has blonde hair :eek:

i wasnt saying it was only viewable by female gamers. im surggesting a place for a female view on gaming.

how many blogs on the front page of this site are written by women???

Do we have blogs on the front page? If you mean the news articles, reviews etc then most of them are done by staff members and (to the best of my knowledge) the reason they are mainly guys is because they have actual contacts with a number of games companies which is where we get news from. There is no bias - we just use people who have been here a while and can help get the information we need.

If you want to get on the review team then we have held a few open 'casting' sessions (if you will) where anyone was free to submit work and the best were added to the team. I can't remember one girl ever submitting a review.........

For the record - girls can do anything they like on this site, but the only way to become a member of staff or on to one of the teams (guide, review, GSL etc) is to help around the site and be a longstanding and trustworthy member.

Do we have blogs on the front page? If you mean the news articles, reviews etc then most of them are done by staff members and (to the best of my knowledge) the reason they are mainly guys is because they have actual contacts with a number of games companies which is where we get news from. There is no bias - we just use people who have been here a while and can help get the information we need.

If you want to get on the review team then we have held a few open 'casting' sessions (if you will) where anyone was free to submit work and the best were added to the team. I can't remember one girl ever submitting a review.........

For the record - girls can do anything they like on this site, but the only way to become a member of staff or on to one of the teams (guide, review, GSL etc) is to help around the site and be a longstanding and trustworthy member.

Just to add to this, there may not be any girls posting news up on the main page, but there are some girls on the staff here.

LilMissRoxy on the GSL team, and Pandora on the 1000s and 200s clubs are the two I can think of! ;)

Does it matter what the sex is of the 'blogs?' authors'?

Look, no offence - but it seems that you want special treatment because you're a woman. Everyone is equal here no matter what sex/race/nationality you are.

As I said before, no one is stopping you writing articles in the perspective of a woman and posting them up in the forums. Just don't expect them to go front page just becuase of your sex.

Peace

Truth. End thread!

wow this thread is terrible.. lol you say that you want to be equal but yet you say you would like a girls view on gaming.. why there are threads for that people make threads all the time is this game any good. But your oppion in there.. Why are we any more specail to have our own spot, hell we already have awards, but do guys no.. i means seriously there are tons of theads you can put your oppion in or are you worried they are gonna get over looked or maybe not the attention you would like...

still i don't get it you want to be treated equal but yet your making threads on female this and femal that..

maybe there aren tthat many females doing something on this site cause they don't want to or don't have the time.. its not that the site wouldn't let them help in ways im sure

wow this thread is terrible.. lol you say that you want to be equal but yet you say you would like a girls view on gaming.. why there are threads for that people make threads all the time is this game any good. But your oppion in there.. Why are we any more specail to have our own spot, hell we already have awards, but do guys no.. i means seriously there are tons of theads you can put your oppion in or are you worried they are gonna get over looked or maybe not the attention you would like...

still i don't get it you want to be treated equal but yet your making threads on female this and femal that..

maybe there aren tthat many females doing something on this site cause they don't want to or don't have the time.. its not that the site wouldn't let them help in ways im sure

:eek:

Took the words right outta my mouth. Look above my post lol

But yeah i'm glad that there is a girl here that understands our point of view.

CRU FTW! lol

Hmm...this thread puzzled me. Simply for the fact that x360a is an even playing field, and to see that all that it would take is not even an hour of browsing the forums to see it. :drunk

:goodpostI don't think anyone can put it better than that... I don't understand why you (tigerlille) feel like your not being treated fairly just because of your sex..

Peace

I agree,thats why I find it funny that x360a gives an award for being a girl gamer.

the female gamers are becoming more and more known about, with over 7000 members of the gamerchix and 1000's of others that havent registered. i think that having a female blog or article page ( viewable by all) would boost the knowledge of female gamers and make us more accepted in a community thats known to be male dominated.

i currently write articles, reviews etc for a website named gamebetties. for the past 3 weeks the owner has decided to take a more hands of aproach and has shown lack of interest in her website.

because of this i have decided to take my articles and a girls view on gaming else where.

i think an addition of a girl view on gaming and gaming events would be a great addition to this site.

opinions anyone?!

xTIGERLILLEx those guys are all negative :(

girls gamers only section, it would not be a bad idea ;)

more girl gamers the better, i say :Bounce: