PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Tomb Raider Underworld
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-12-2009, 01:54 AM   #61
jukkakhan

JukkaKhan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralBuckshot View Post
When I load up for the second speed-run I start on the bridge right before the tunnel (no problems there, right?)..

..I've gone through the obstacles like 4 times, rather quickly and nothing. Anything that might of happened or am I just going to slow? I would hate to imagine it's the latter.

This is starting to aggravate me..
Your save spot is fine, I saved up there too. I unlocked it the first time I hit that slope after the moving bridge, but it took me forever to get through all of them without dieing; probably because I was rushing too much. Just try to remember what you need to do next and use up the Shadow Power whenever you can safely.

jukkakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:30 AM   #62
bloodswan

bloodswan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Should I use shadow energy as I run on the ground from the first piston to the crushing wall or just save it for that part as I will need all of it to make it through?
bloodswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:47 AM   #63
GeneralBuckshot

GeneralBuckshot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I should facepalm myself..

I was doing it the first run through.. and I figured I'd do it later on after I beat this game and I soon realized I had to do it the second time through.

Fortunately, I got it the first time I reached the end (took about 6 runs.. I kept dying at the platforms at the end, easiest part.. ha).

Needless to say, it felt great unlocking it.. Another game added to the completion. 1250. Yay!
GeneralBuckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #64
SyclonW

Thank you HighlanderII !! I got speed run 2 achievement just following your tips

SyclonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #65
SKIN RIP

Skin Rip's Gamercard
Evening Guys

I've got the 1st speed run but I've got no idea where the 2nd one starts.

Can someone who has completed the 2nd speed run tell me where they actually started.

I've heard some say after you destroy the last transformer and others say on the bridge before entering the tunnel.

Please help it's driving me mad

SKIN RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #66
jukkakhan

JukkaKhan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Road Map - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIN RIP View Post
Evening Guys

I've got the 1st speed run but I've got no idea where the 2nd one starts.

Can someone who has completed the 2nd speed run tell me where they actually started.

I've heard some say after you destroy the last transformer and others say on the bridge before entering the tunnel.

Please help it's driving me mad
I saved at the top of the transformer room on the broken bridge. The "unstable passage" is the hallway ahead with the pistons, the crushing walls, and the treadmill bridge with fireballs shooting across. It ends as you're sliding down the slope that leads to the room where "she" is.

jukkakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #67
SKIN RIP

Skin Rip's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukkakhan View Post
I saved at the top of the transformer room on the broken bridge. The "unstable passage" is the hallway ahead with the pistons, the crushing walls, and the treadmill bridge with fireballs shooting across. It ends as you're sliding down the slope that leads to the room where "she" is.
Cheers Mate

So after you destory the transformer you climb up the two fireball tubes with the snakes heads, jump onto the first piston to get on the 2nd one and jump over to the circle and jump onto the platform. If I'm not mistaken at the end of the tunnel there is one of those massive monster?

SKIN RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:18 AM   #68
zombizero

zombizero's Gamercard
That is correct SKIN RIP.
I just got this one done after many attempts and deaths. Thanks everybody for all the tips. Very helpful community here!
zombizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:27 AM   #69
bloodswan

bloodswan's Gamercard

Finally done the second one. I took a 2 day rest and when I came back done it on my third try after failing about 30 times the other day.
bloodswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:17 AM   #70
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Got both speedruns tonight, both on my first playthrough of Lara's Shadow.

I was worried about the second one, because I didn't save on the broken bridge, but at the first checkpoint after entering the tunnel after. (The checkpoint is just after the tunnel entrance, not the one just above the pistons.)

Anyway, once I finally knew how to do it, I got it on my first successful run-through without dying.

1250!

EDIT: I just noticed that mygamercard.net hasn't updated the totals for TRU, so it shows that I've gotten over the available amount of achievments! 121% complete!

Last edited by HamKet; 03-13-2009 at 06:29 AM.
HamKet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:36 AM   #71
killerc0P

k1llercop's Gamercard
Can anyone confirm or deny these have to be done on your 2nd playthrough ?

EDIT - nevermind you can get it on your 1st playthrough just done it.

Last edited by killerc0P; 03-13-2009 at 09:50 AM.
killerc0P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:59 PM   #72
Lara Croft

LaraCroftAngel's Gamercard
I can confirm that you can start 2nd speedrun in the middle checkpoint of the tunnel. Run past the thrall, jump, slide down, grab the ledge and let go right after piston touches the wall. I started running past the crushing walls after it started opening in both sections. You can take a quick break in the middle if the shadow meter is low. For 2 next pistons you can climb up the ridged wall with shadow power and, once again, wait till it touches the walls to proceed up. Jump to avoid big thrall's attack and time your jumps in the moving bridge.

Thanks for your tips guys, glad the "suicide dive" worked for you as well
Old 03-14-2009, 07:27 AM   #73
Irish Dave

Send a message via MSN to Irish Dave

Irish Dave's Gamercard
thank you for the pictures
Old 03-15-2009, 01:29 AM   #74
Thorpe

A Place for Us's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC Trooper View Post
I used the suicide jump when I got it, the checkpoint doesn't trigger but it still gave me the achievement.
Same here. It didn't trigger right away, so I must have been a bit slow (last time I made sure I used LB (or RB) a lot to save time around some of those ledges. I also made sure to use LB when jumping on that last part where you kill yourself.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #75
Hawaiian

Dexter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   x360a Representer   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Diamond   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Exclamation Lara's Shadow - Speedruns Video Guide

i recently found a youtube video for the speedruns:

and this thread is also very helpful:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=148293

and thanks for all the good tips
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:01 AM   #76
Thorpe

A Place for Us's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Oooh. In HD too! Nice. I really need to get one of those HD PVR things.

EDIT: OK, not that good quality.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #77
AngelArmed

AngelArmed's Gamercard
Finally completed the speed runs last night. Thanks for the great tips, everyone!
Old 03-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #78
daninthemix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara Croft View Post
I can confirm that you can start 2nd speedrun in the middle checkpoint of the tunnel. Run past the thrall, jump, slide down, grab the ledge and let go right after piston touches the wall. I started running past the crushing walls after it started opening in both sections. You can take a quick break in the middle if the shadow meter is low. For 2 next pistons you can climb up the ridged wall with shadow power and, once again, wait till it touches the walls to proceed up. Jump to avoid big thrall's attack and time your jumps in the moving bridge.

Thanks for your tips guys, glad the "suicide dive" worked for you as well
No offense but this doesn't clarify anything - are you saying you want us to count the number of checkpoints in the tunnel, divide by 2 and then hope we're thinking of the same check point you were?

I presume you actually mean "the checkpoint in the middle of the first tunnel" rather than "the middle checkpoint in the tunnel".

This speedrun was a ball ache.

daninthemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #79
Kushtar

Kushtar's Gamercard
Smile

Thank you everybody for all the help and tips in these painful speed runs. Best community ever!

Last edited by Kushtar; 03-20-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Kushtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:04 AM   #80
RazerindemiX

Razer za Lazer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Crap!!! that second speed run i just watched on the posted utube vid & i must say it looks quite hard and will take quite a bit of practise and and bit of luck
Not looking forward to it already
Old 03-22-2009, 07:34 AM   #81
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I've read the entire thread, and I know you can do the first speedrun the first time, but what the second one ? I know the achieve description says "after you destroy whatever", but has somebody done it the first time around, when the traps are easier ?
Old 03-22-2009, 09:03 PM   #82
pugmeister
Banned User

o PUGM3IST3R o's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara Croft View Post
from the second to last (L-shaped) ledge before the blue fireball platform (don't even climb there) jump to the right. You will suicide "dive" into blue liquid to the right of the thralls' ledge triggering the checkpoint and thus getting achievement.

i can confirm that this method works everytime!
pugmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:36 PM   #83
Kif

Send a message via AIM to Kif Send a message via MSN to Kif

FREE SHRUGS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Master View Post
I've read the entire thread, and I know you can do the first speedrun the first time, but what the second one ? I know the achieve description says "after you destroy whatever", but has somebody done it the first time around, when the traps are easier ?
I doubt they'd let you do it the first time round since, like you said, the traps are easier. It's a bit of a pain if only for the faster piston things when climbing walls, just take enough time to land them and you'll be fine.

Kif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #84
wolvieware

wolvieware's Gamercard
I did the speed runs today. The refinery took me about ten attempts, but when I read the tips in this thread, I then got it first time!

The transformer speed run took me longer, about 15 attempts. Those traps getting me, which was my main problem, but first time i made it all the way through without dying I got the achievement.

I'm now on track for the 1250/1250. I still need to play Beneath the Ashes.
wolvieware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #85
Colonel AJay

On the second speed run here is a tip for the pistons. Use shadow power when above (or below) the pistons. When in shadow force the pistons slow down. As soon as the piston that is against the wall is finished rotating drop or jump but you have to do it just as it stops it will look close but i got past the pistons most of the time after finding this out.

Colonel AJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:19 PM   #86
ezekiel 08

ezekiel 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Got the first one on my second try and it took about 30 minutes to pull off the second one (I got it on my first complete run, so I didn't do multiple "too slow" runs ).

Thanks to all who gave tips, they helped me (and others I'm sure) immensely!

Completed Games [125] | Gamerscore Completion Rate [90.74%]

* retired gamerscore whore *
ezekiel 08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #87
LordMoleyPants

Lord MoleyPants's Gamercard
Roughly how many seconds do you need to do each run in?

EDIT : Nevermind, got the first now :-)

Last edited by LordMoleyPants; 05-17-2009 at 08:23 PM.
LordMoleyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #88
Alias DJA
Banned User

Alias DJA's Gamercard
For my own (and others reference)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMousey View Post
For those still needing clarification of where the 2nd speed run starts. It's not as it was listed in a later post (the one that has the pics). An earlier post had it right. just just in case [like me] you missed it, I'll clearify it here again.

It's from the top of the refinery, on the ledge. The part after you have climbed up the moving piston to the top of another one just like it, then to a pillar then to the ledge. When you land on it move to the left (not to the right through the doorway). You'll hear the check point chime. Save there. The Speed run starts from the second you pass the glowing blue archway / doorway into the hall. You'll keep going through the entire corridor up until you hit the slope. The achievement will trigger (if you nailed it) once you hit the floor after you drop from the slope.

As far as the time it takes. I shadow ran pretty much everything, I took a few seconds before going into the crushing spiked walls to get my timing right, and did that once again, in the middle of it. As far as the conveyor belt of platforms, I made sure I had my shadow run meter charge and held it down just before I jumped in, only releasing when I wasn't in the line of fire, and on a solid set of platforms to run on.

(hope this helps as a previous post said that the Speed run started at the bottom of the refinery, which I now found to be wrong, after wasting a lot of try trying to make it one solid run)

Pics to follow of start and end point if needed.
First speed run achievement - second time through the refinary, after the cutscene when you "un-do" what you just did. Save on the ledge BEFORE you step down to the slope and slide. Shadow run -and suicide jump as posted in pictures.

Second speed run achievement - you will shadow run up 2 turning pillars / transformers, when you reach the top and jump to the platform. Save here and approach the tunnel. Time trial starts when you pass the blue wall on entering. No tricks, just time your shadow runs on the pistons and wall.

I attempted these last night, but after reading the forums, its gonna be another long night.

Alias DJA
Alias DJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:48 AM   #89
Chojin

Send a message via MSN to Chojin

Chojin22000's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicelow View Post
And the end :

(From here, just jump to the right. You'll die but the achievement will unlock)
Wow, I tried about a dozen times and was about to give up until I saw this, then did it first time - cheers!

Edit: Just completed the second one as well. I thought it was a lot fairer on the player and the challenge is getting through the section without getting killed rathern than how fast you're going.

100% on all three Tomb Raiders (Including DLC)

Last edited by Chojin; 07-05-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #90
zariann

uhh i just got the 1st speed run the refinery one by the suicide strategy and it took me 4ever!!

the 2nd one i am not so happy to do even when im not times the gear things mess me up and yes i do use shadow power but it still takes me 4ever!!

im wondering is this a timed run or is it just a do-it-without-dying type thing? i would prefer the w/o dying one lol
zariann is offline   Reply With Quote