PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > TNA Impact!
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-14-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
clueless

Worst Game Ever!?

This game has to be the WORST game ever as far as gameplay. We are in 2008. This game reminds me of something I played when I was a little kid. The AI is HORRID on the game.. Reverse pretty much everything and kill you with a kick.
I apologize for all the ranting but does anyone else agree!?
and the ONLINE is a joke..

This game makes TNA look bad and not only that..
Did the creators of the game even test it out?

Talk about glitches everywhere.

Anyway,

Does anyone else agree?
clueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
iiGNiiT3

Ix CHARLIE xI's Gamercard
Sorry, no
iiGNiiT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:02 PM   #3
A 1 Phenomenal

Me neither
A 1 Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:04 PM   #4
supadryz

supadryz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
It's bad but not that bad. it could have been so much worse
Old 09-14-2008, 09:37 PM   #5
YouStayClassy

YouStayCla55y's Gamercard
It's definitely terrible and will EASILY make my Worst Of 2008 list, but come on... ever? Not even close.

This game reminds me of the actual TNA company, they do so many little things right but get the big important things horribly, horribly wrong.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:37 PM   #6
Zellmo

Lewis Preen's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
lets face it yes its no smackdown vs raw but in all fairness it kicks the arse of all the smackdown games from smackdown to smackdown here comes the pain. (smackdown 1 -5)
this is midways first effort on a wrestling game and it is decent yes the game play and buttons are simple and ai sucks but the graphics are the best wrestling game graphics so no Sir i don't agree with you

100% Retail:-
TMNT, Tomb Raider: Anni, The Simpsons, Scene It?, Spider-Man FoF, X-Men, NFL 08, Lego Star Wars: TCS, Lego Star Wars II: TOT, NHL 2k6, Gears of War, Avatar, NBA 2k6, Smackdown 2008, Pirates of the Caribbean, Bully, Surf's Up,Tomb Raider:Legend, Viva Pinata, Cars:Mater-National, StarWars: TFU, Legends of Wrestlemania,
Completing:-
DBZ (460/1000)
Fifa 08 (730/1000)
Splinter Cell 4 (625/1000)
Top Spin 2 (450/1000)
Zellmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:43 PM   #7
Daedryon
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Daedryon Send a message via Yahoo to Daedryon

Daedryon x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Graphics in TNA are the bomb.

Gameplay is simple, easy to get used to and fun, although there could have been much, much more.
Daedryon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:13 PM   #8
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
All this game is lacking is moves, everyone fights the same really, oh and a shark boy achievements seems to have got lost.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 36
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:23 PM   #9
Steven E Harris

Preykousis's Gamercard

I'll say it right now, I hate TNA but needed some sort of wrestling game until WWE Smackdown Vs. RAW 2009 is released in November... but even I expected more from this game, here are the bad things:

1. Bad Graphics - I'm running at 1080p and they look awful, and you can even see the lines where the characters limbs are connected together.

2. Last-Gen Gameplay - Now I know it's all about the gameplay but to be honest, I feel like I'm playing an N64 wrestling game man.

3. It's TNA - Well there you go.

4. Online - Oh, you can't have tag matches online, "Hello Midway, how are we supposed to play with our friends, against each other gets old fast".

Good things:

1. Easy Achievements - We know they did this in hope to get people like us to buy the game.

2. Aerial Moves - Yes, you can do some good aerial moves, and a large variety of them if you try stuff out.

Thats my ramble... sorry... had to be said lmao.

Steven E Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:29 PM   #10
Daedryon
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven E Harris View Post
I'll say it right now, I hate TNA but needed some sort of wrestling game until WWE Smackdown Vs. RAW 2009 is released in November... but even I expected more from this game, here are the bad things:

1. Bad Graphics - I'm running at 1080p and they look awful, and you can even see the lines where the characters limbs are connected together.

2. Last-Gen Gameplay - Now I know it's all about the gameplay but to be honest, I feel like I'm playing an N64 wrestling game man.

3. It's TNA - Well there you go.

4. Online - Oh, you can't have tag matches online, "Hello Midway, how are we supposed to play with our friends, against each other gets old fast".

Good things:

1. Easy Achievements - We know they did this in hope to get people like us to buy the game.

2. Aerial Moves - Yes, you can do some good aerial moves, and a large variety of them if you try stuff out.

Thats my ramble... sorry... had to be said lmao.
1. I'm running 1080P HD and they look gorgeous.

2. Gameplay could be improved, that's about the only thing I agree on with you.

3. TNA is better than WWE. More cutting edge, and less soap opera bullshit.

4. Online gets boring after awhile. Who cares.

I agree with you on your other 2 points.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:33 PM   #11
Steven E Harris

Preykousis's Gamercard

Like I said lol, it's just my ramble, I just wanted more from this game, it's a letdown... and like I said, I think SvR has better graphics imo... I just can't stand the connection lines, they put me off...

Old 09-15-2008, 12:14 AM   #12
raptor_256

raptor256's Gamercard
personally i prefer SD vs Raw, it had more gameplay.
the lack of moves in this game let it down, as well as the buttons for moves, i like the sticks (as people have said it feels like an older game with buttons). they really needed to have assigned directions to moves rather than toward and away, making them confusing at best.

couple of good points though, one button countering is nice - you dont have to guess strike or grapple, but on the other hand that added depth and skill to countering, and this was probably due to the small number of moves.

i liked being able to counter most counters, one aspect that SD vs Raw didn't do with countering (except for punches, and when you countered into a ultimate move early so the computer countered you.) that really blew me away.

the one other bit i liked was the button mini games for submissions, much more interactive than push the thumbstick untill it breaks or they give up. in theory it sounded great to be able to control how much pressure, but you just end up holding the stick, but atleast it was an improvement on button mashing (i did like the press A, when meter falls into break zone ones though, they were interactive, and didn't stand still on legendary difficulty)
raptor_256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:19 AM   #13
noelthemole

NoelTheMole's Gamercard
Graphics are fairly good.

Create a wrestler is downright poor!

Gameplay has a few promising things but over all this game sucks.

At first I thought the game was okay but it got worse the farther I got into story.

How the hell can I dominate someone so much and yet they dont turn red for a very long time, but I get hit a few times and I'm red right away?

My opponents impact meter grows with mine even though I'm dominating the match?

Anyone elses hand F*cking killing them!? Seriously, shake the stick to get out of pins and being dazed? My controllers stick is nearly broken.

Also wtf is up with being dazed all the time? Particularly just when my opponents impact meter is filled.

Just overall nice try but the mark was missed by a lot. And please no one dare compare this to the n64 wrestling games. They are FAR superior in every way.
noelthemole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:50 AM   #14
vI Starlight Iv

Send a message via MSN to vI Starlight Iv

CYD0N1A's Gamercard

this game is not terrible by any means but smackdown vs raw does beat it in every department
vI Starlight Iv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:00 AM   #15
Zellmo

Lewis Preen's Gamercard

Again as ive stated on thousands of forums of course Smackdown is better play wise and online maybe because thq have made 10 wrestling games of which the first 5 were shit. This is Midway's first attempt at a wrestling game so you are expected to find some basic flaws obviously you don't no what goes into making a video game. the tinyistcodeing error can fuck up one are and thats basically whats happened during the online mode

TMNT, Tomb Raider: Anni, The Simpsons, Scene It?, Spider-Man FoF, X-Men, NFL 08, Lego Star Wars: TCS, Lego Star Wars II: TOT, NHL 2k6, Gears of War, Avatar, NBA 2k6, Smackdown 2008, Pirates of the Caribbean, Bully, Surf's Up,Tomb Raider:Legend, Viva Pinata, Cars:Mater-National, StarWars: TFU, Legends of Wrestlemania,
DBZ (460/1000)
Fifa 08 (730/1000)
Top Spin 2 (450/1000)
Old 09-15-2008, 10:15 AM   #16
DCS 23

DCS23's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellmo View Post
lets face it yes its no smackdown vs raw but in all fairness it kicks the arse of all the smackdown games from smackdown to smackdown here comes the pain. (smackdown 1 -5)
this is midways first effort on a wrestling game and it is decent yes the game play and buttons are simple and ai sucks but the graphics are the best wrestling game graphics so no Sir i don't agree with you
actually they did legends of wrestling so its not there first..

My Grammar is bad so WAT..!
100% Games: None I'm Shit..
DCS 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:21 AM   #17
Shoz

Quote:
this is midways first effort on a wrestling game
I don't think so they did Backyard Wrestling for PS2.
Shoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:23 AM   #18
DCS 23

DCS23's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
looks like zellmo doesnt know wat he's talking about..

My Grammar is bad so WAT..!
100% Games: None I'm Shit..
DCS 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:25 AM   #19
Shoz

Got that right.
Shoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:16 AM   #20
Steven E Harris

Preykousis's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_256 View Post
the one other bit i liked was the button mini games for submissions, much more interactive than push the thumbstick untill it breaks or they give up. in theory it sounded great to be able to control how much pressure, but you just end up holding the stick
If you think about it though... in real life, how often do wrestlers, in any company, hold a submission for only around 10-15 seconds?

The analog pressure system in SvR was awesome and realistic... some times wrestlers keep someone in a submission for a long time, and that gave us the opportunity to do just that, not just have a little mini-game then forced to let go.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:45 AM   #21
Zellmo

Lewis Preen's Gamercard

no this is midways first.

Backyard Wrestling - Eidos http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backyar...y_This_at_Home
Backyard Wrestling 2 - Eidos http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backyar...e_Neighborhood
Legends of Wrestling - Acclaim http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_of_Wrestling
Legends of Wrestling 2 - Acclaim http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_of_Wrestling_II
Showdown Legends of Wrestling - Acclaim http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Showdow...s_of_Wrestling

Now correct me if im wrong but none of them say Midway so looks like i do know what im saying and you two retards who tried to say i was wrong well guess what i don't wanna say i told you so but NAH NAH NAH-NAH NAH

Here is a list of MIDWAY games from wikipedia dont believe me u can even check the link....oh yeah SERVED!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midway_...28selection.29

DBZ (460/1000)
Fifa 08 (730/1000)
Top Spin 2 (450/1000)

Last edited by Zellmo; 09-15-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:49 AM   #22
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
^ lol.

I still like this game anyways, its not SvR but its not meant to be, granted SvR is more fun, but its also more experienced as a game. I like Impact, its differant, and has a great base for next years edition, which I will also be buying.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 36
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:40 PM   #23
Pirate Luke

Gimmers3000's Gamercard

I did actually like this game a lot when i first got it but the story and gameplay has pissed me off so much. How many fucking tag matches do i have to do in story mode? tag matches on this are so shit, when your being pinned (impossible to shake stick to get out of) eric young stands there watching!! And reversals are crap. the opponents impact bar will fill up from reversing my moves!

Not worst game ever, not worse wrestling game ever, but smackdown is gonna own.
Pirate Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #24
Daedryon
Banned User

Quote:
no this is midways first.

Backyard Wrestling - Eidos http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backyar...y_This_at_Home
Backyard Wrestling 2 - Eidos http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backyar...e_Neighborhood
Legends of Wrestling - Acclaim http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_of_Wrestling
Legends of Wrestling 2 - Acclaim http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_of_Wrestling_II
Showdown Legends of Wrestling - Acclaim http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Showdow...s_of_Wrestling

Now correct me if im wrong but none of them say Midway so looks like i do know what im saying and you two retards who tried to say i was wrong well guess what i don't wanna say i told you so but NAH NAH NAH-NAH NAH

Here is a list of MIDWAY games from wikipedia dont believe me u can even check the link....oh yeah SERVED!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midway_...28selection.29
Zellmo ftw. He knows what he's talking about.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:25 PM   #25
Steven E Harris

Preykousis's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by evokazz View Post
I like Impact, its differant, and has a great base for next years edition, which I will also be buying.
I agree... it's gameplay style is damn near retro!... and please God, strike Midway down or just destroy TNA... they don't need another game, this one say's all that needs to be said about "Total Nonstop Action" _!

Old 09-15-2008, 06:41 PM   #26
kentarulez

Send a message via MSN to kentarulez Send a message via Yahoo to kentarulez

KENTARULEZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
OK, to whoever posted that list of Midway games, ANYONE CAN CHANGE WIKIPEDIA!!! and also this is really making me not want to buy it, but I might if I get some quick cash.

[IMG]
kentarulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:50 PM   #27
A 1 Phenomenal

Steven E Harris - what are you going on about. You thinking WWE is a better wrestling company shows you do not know what your talking about. I like WWE dont get me wrong but its just so predictable. Just like their games I guess.
A 1 Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:26 PM   #28
fatality292

Send a message via MSN to fatality292

Fatal Ferret 08's Gamercard

from what i hear its got a few things wrong...what game hasnt, im going to still pick it up till i can transfer to the new wrestling game... havent played it yet, but sounds like a good first try midway, look at peoples suggestions and work on the control sytem...
will pick it up and make some comments with backbone rather than sponging on peoples comments haha
fatality292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:26 PM   #29
GTukC

GTukC's Gamercard
Zellmo ka-pwn3d Shoz and DCS lmao.
GTukC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:43 AM   #30
OMOXO

Send a message via AIM to OMOXO

MoxiePad's Gamercard
this is a garbage game.story is lame.charcter creation is garbage.they reverse everything.this game has nothing on smack down n the people that think it does it cause u like garbage games.has no replay value at all.besides turning point n hour of victory its the worst wrestling game eva on xbox360 n where talking about 360 not n64 n ps1.thats the past were n the future
OMOXO is offline   Reply With Quote