PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
metalsteelix

Send a message via Skype™ to metalsteelix

ChaoticFantasyX's Gamercard
Wtf is this?

Ok, so seriously, what the heck is this?

I've spent 80 hours on this save file already, my team is pretty overpowered and I got some pretty good gear too.

Now tell me why I just can't beat this final boss? I've been fighting him for probably half an hour and it just won't die!

This is so freakishly annoying, because not only do I have to fight it again, but I also have to fight the monsters before it. And not to forget I might need to go back to grinding, hurray >_>

I'm at level 65, like c'mon, it shouldn't be that hard. I'm even playing on normal mode.

Thanks to Gackt for this AMAZING sig ^^

Youtube: BokxieFTW
XBL: ChaoticFantasyX
Steam: Bokxie
3DS: 3110-4834-1382 (Nintendo Network ID: Bokxie)
Playfire: BokxieFTW
metalsteelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:29 AM   #2
gildedtalon

For the record, my first time fighting him on normal mode it took me more than two hours in this Satanail fight. Our level is the same, to make it easier, equip lvl 10 ATK Boost and lvl 10 Critical Hit on Arumat, with lvl 10 Chain Combo and lvl 10 Nether Strike, the fight should end much faster, probably only takes 25 minutes. Activate lvl 10 Berserk as well as it doubles our ATK

Here's how you set up the skills, after you equip the ATK Boost and Critical Hit, fill all slots with Nether Strike with whatever CP is remaining. Now you just keep spamming Nether Strike throughout the battle and take advantage from the Chain Combo bonus, let's say for example you can fill 5 slots with Nether Strike

LT: Nether Strike
LT: Nether Strike
LT: (none)

RT: Nether Strike

This means you can activate 5 Nether Strike Chain Combos.

Spam RT until you've performed Nether Strike 3 times then start spamming LT until you've performed Nether Strike 2 times. You know you've performed the chain combo perfectly when the chain combo bonus is 240%

Then just go back to the beginning, 3x Nether Strike with RT, then 2x Nether Strike with LT
Your damage will shoot up considerably from the chain combo bonus

If all 6 slots can be filled which is max, the chain combo bonus is 280%

So yeah, how it goes is something like this

1st cast: normal damage
2nd cast: 120% normal damage
3rd cast: 160% normal damage
4th cast: 200% normal damage
5th cast: 240% normal damage
6th cast: 280% normal damage

Which characters did you use, what skills you equip, what special arts you put for your characters

You have to destroy all the orbs before you can start damaging Satanail, also later once he starts using Dawn of Cosmos, only use one melee character while you damage the boss using Arumat's Nether Strike or Reimi's ranged special Arts or Bacchus's Termination

Basically stop meleeing once he starts using this ultra damaging attack called Dawn of Cosmos, it will deal lots of damage and can wipe out anyone in seconds

This boss thread should give you an idea

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=130357

Last edited by gildedtalon; 07-08-2013 at 02:15 AM.
gildedtalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:40 AM   #3
Primal IX

primal ix's Gamercard
A quick note level 90 is overpowered for that fight.But at level 65 it is quite doable. Pre-fight I would recommend a party of Edge,Arumat,Reimi, and Sarah.You can always substitute Myuria for Reimi. Feed Sarah and possibly Myruia a otherworldly cuisine.Have Edge equipped the light based sword Holy Sword "Farewell".I'd equip Arumat with laser weapon preferably with a light gem synthed to it.Shove Sarah/Myuria in a corner and set on keep out of trouble.Make sure to turn off all their spells except the healing/reviving ones.I personally prefer Bloodstorm Revolution over Nether Strike. For breaking Satanail orbs.Edge would turn off all his spells as well for him to attack freely w/o using mp.For Arumat would tell him to attack full force.

You shouldnt have much problems with that set up.I used that set-up on chaos.And had no problems.Edge and Arumat may die alot but with Sarah and possibly Myuria on revive duty.You shouldn't have any problems.But here is the important part keep Satanail in the opposite corner.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:55 AM   #4
gildedtalon

LOL, that's really stupid, making Arumat die a lot when you can just safely spam Nether Strike throughout the battle or use Reimi

Last edited by gildedtalon; 07-08-2013 at 06:06 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
Primal IX

primal ix's Gamercard
Not sure which character they will use.The only real reason to control Arumat is the AI not wanting to spam his skills.But who cares how much they die as long as they win the battle quickly?

Depending on his equipment and since it is normal he should die alot less.And as I said I prefer Bloodstorm Revolution over Nether Strike but then again that is me. I should add that if they wish to tackle the bonus dungeons they needs to be level 100+.

I should also add Satanail does have alot of hp.Least with your current gear.With a much higher level and better equipment he dies with in minutes.I only mention that in case you want try Sarah's beat Satanail in 5 minutes BT.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #6
gildedtalon

For me, Arumat's AI only wants to spam Symbology, if you completely turn off all his symbology spells, he'll mostly normal attack and then run away for some unknown reason(run away from what?), repeat for eternity. That's why I always control him, his AI is the worst after Myuria if you turn off all his symbology spells

I never really tried levelling his other skills coz he comes so late I always use Edge when it comes to meleeing stuff like hitting Kokabiel's weak spot and the fact that Dragon Roar is available as soon as we defeat the Undying Dragon making his other special arts completely obsolete very early

Last edited by gildedtalon; 07-08-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #7
metalsteelix

Thanks for the response guys.

However, I still think I'm going back to training for around level 80, because I know that I came pretty far. I've been doing chain combo's all the time with characters having critical hit equipped so I easily made 70k hits all the time. When he started to use moves like Dawn of Cosmos, it went downwards, because Sarah didn't have enough time to restore everyone.

My beginning team was Edge, Sarah, Arumat and Myuria. Arumat was later switched with Bacchus.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #8
gildedtalon

You obviously need Reimi if you still can't beat the boss, don't use her if she's way underleveled though. Bacchus is horrible in my opinion, only use Termination if you want to use him for this fight

So did you get ATK Boost skill from the Palace? Who did you give it to? Use that character as your main damage dealer as in controlling him all the time for this fight
Old 07-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #9
metalsteelix

My current skill set are Critical hit and Auto Healing for most of the characters. Mainly because if you're in Rush and you got Critical Hit equiped, you're in for some hard hitting. I did give the ATK-boost to Edge by the way.

I like both Reimi and Bacchus, so I might switch between them in battle sometimes.

Last edited by metalsteelix; 07-08-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #10
gildedtalon

Then use Edge, which special arts you've leveled up yo LV 10? Max your chain combo to lvl 10 as well and put that Special Arts on all available slots that your CP allow

You need to max the ATK Boost to lvl 10 and equip it on Edge, activate Berserk as well to double your damage(both the damage you dealt and received are doubled)

Guess you have Celestial Sword already, just max it to lvl 10 and put it all on RT and spam it all the time, don't forget to activate Berserk everytime the buff goes away

Last edited by gildedtalon; 07-08-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #11
metalsteelix

I might check out that method. Thanks for the advice.

And yes, all of my battle skills and chain combo skill have been maxed to level 10, so I've got those already. I do need to max ATK-boost and berserk though.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #12
gildedtalon

Also one of the biggest problems for Star Ocean players is the fact that they like to revive their dead characters as soon as they die regardless of what the boss is doing, you need to make sure the dead body of your characters will not get caught in the boss attacks, otherwise you are reviving them for nothing coz they will die AGAIN just as fast as you revive them LOL

If you find the boss simply won't move from that place, try to gain aggro with your controlled character and take the boss for a trip to somewhere else, then you control other character to revive your dead character. This method is so simple, if he won't target you, then fuck him, just keep punishing him with your Special Arts/Symbology, he'll target you soon enough. And when he does, that's when you lure him somewhere else far from your dead character that you are going to revive very soon

Last edited by gildedtalon; 07-08-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #13
metalsteelix

Yeah, I'm one of those players :L Though most of the time, I'll skip the reviving for later, most of the times after 2 or more characters died. Most of the time Sarah will revive them anyways so I don't have to worry about it.

I tried luring him away alot of times, but that AoE attack (Dawn of the Cosmos) take so much of the screen, sometimes it can be pretty annoying.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #14
gildedtalon

If you want to know my very first time fighting Satanail, I use Edge, Arumat, Myuria, Sarah

What I do is really simple and retarded, use Edge's normal attacks all day long, that's why the fight takes so long. I have yet to discover the true overpoweredness of chain combo bonuses on that time

Those two healers will always heal me that none of my characters ever die on that fight. Shows how much of a joke that boss is on Galaxy mode and I don't even have to overlevel like you

If you really want to melee this guy, control the melee character, fill the rest of your team with healers, get into melee range and spam your Special Arts like there's no tomorrow, the fight won't be finished anytime soon, but you will never get game over either

Last edited by gildedtalon; 07-08-2013 at 11:42 PM.