PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-05-2012, 05:15 AM   #601
Morbious17

Send a message via MSN to Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
just consolidating some info so I can find it easier.. these exact dmg trophies are giving me fits.

Lymle and Reimi's are done..
Bacchus I need 4096dmg and up
Arumat I need 9999 and 44,444
Edge just need 55,555
I need Arumat's 44,444 Edge's 55,555 and everything above 4096 for Bacchus. I'm working on BTs at the moment, so if I remember I'll post what I do.

Had I known sooner, I could've posted my 4,096.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #602
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbious17 View Post
I need Arumat's 44,444 Edge's 55,555 and everything above 4096 for Bacchus. I'm working on BTs at the moment, so if I remember I'll post what I do.

Had I known sooner, I could've posted my 4,096.
No worries!

*edit* Just got 4096dmg BT with 7631 atk using Godslayer on Bitter Tearflower in the arena.
100% RPG's: 38 Post #8
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness

Last edited by Xenolith666; 10-08-2012 at 03:06 AM.
Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #603
Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
No worries!

*edit* Just got 4096dmg BT with 7631 atk using Godslayer on Bitter Tearflower in the arena.
I got the 32,768 damage by using self destruct item on Adephaga with 2480 ATK. All I can say is have that exact ATK since I kept going over at 2481. Seeds are a nice way to get up there if you can't synth the right ATK on accessories.

I followed the guide for the 65,536 trophy too. I can't offer any new tricks.

Last edited by Morbious17; 10-15-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Morbious17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #604
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Cool ok!

And update: just got Meracle 7777 dmg with 8983 atk on Bitter Tearflower in the arena with a normal melee attack.

Also the Bacchus 16,384 dmg.. 1252 atk with a self destructor 3000 on bugs on Aeos (per the guide) worked first try

Also got the 32,768 and 65,536 using the atk from the guide.. i would be really close to the atk needed, but some synthing is necessary.. and I mean adding 1 or 2 atk to a weapon or armor.

Anyone know how to figure out the atk/dmg ratio when using SD3K's? It would be easier to use those for the Arumat 44k, Edge 55k and Meracle 77k.. anyone got input on that?

Last edited by Xenolith666; 10-16-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:04 AM   #605
Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

For the 77,777 I used lv 10 comet punch on those 3 spawns of Axe Beaks on Roak with 9093 ATK.

And for the rest of Arumat's exact damage BTs, I followed the guide.

Last edited by Morbious17; 10-17-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Morbious17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #606
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Quote:
For the 77,777 I used lv 10 comet punch on those 3 spawns of Axe Beaks on Roak with 9093 ATK.

Ok sounds good.. I'll have to do some synthing for Arumat for 9999.. atk is a bit off. I'll give the Meracle one a shot tonight. Been working mostly on kills and collecting these past 2 days. Reimi is done, Sarah at 98 (can't get the 7777, and 77,777 heals due to use of health seeds early on in the game. So I'll get those next playthrough.

I gotta say the drop rates for Meracle and Bacchus are horrible. In 7SD with Meracle I'll maybe get 1 drop per 4 battles.. just hit 50 with her. With Bacchus.. I got 300 Mechanical kills and 20 drops.. that sux.

Also.. got any advice for Myuria's 'freeze 3 enemies with Deep Freeze'? I keep trying the 'bugs, bugs, bugs' and it never seems to work. I maybe freeze one. I've even debuffed them all with Sarah to weaken their resistances and still can't get it.

Last edited by Xenolith666; 10-18-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #607
Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Quote:
Ok sounds good.. I'll have to do some synthing for Arumat for 9999.. atk is a bit off. I'll give the Meracle one a shot tonight. Been working mostly on kills and collecting these past 2 days. Reimi is done, Sarah at 98 (can't get the 7777, and 77,777 heals due to use of health seeds early on in the game. So I'll get those next playthrough.

I gotta say the drop rates for Meracle and Bacchus are horrible. In 7SD with Meracle I'll maybe get 1 drop per 4 battles.. just hit 50 with her. With Bacchus.. I got 300 Mechanical kills and 20 drops.. that sux.

Also.. got any advice for Myuria's 'freeze 3 enemies with Deep Freeze'? I keep trying the 'bugs, bugs, bugs' and it never seems to work. I maybe freeze one. I've even debuffed them all with Sarah to weaken their resistances and still can't get it.
For Bacchus ology drops I went to Nox Obscurus to the area with the silence crystals. Near the save point close to the entrance to the palace of creation there are two spawns of Darkstriker Bots. Their ology drop is MP Absorption Unit and there are around 4 enemies per spawn so that's 8 chances vs 3-4 scumbag enemies that often run away. Plus they chase you so you can get ambushed easily. There's a nearby Dragoon with symbol booster ology drop that often spawns 2 Bots as well.

For the deep freeze, I just kept doing Bugs, bugs, bugs with 0 int until I got it. They ALWAYS targetted Edge and no one else for me so it was easy to round them up away from everyone else. I didn't reduce their resistance and it just happened eventually.

For those heals, have you tried synthing + or - hp to compensate for the hp difference after you create the guide's hp equips?
Old 10-19-2012, 05:18 AM   #608
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Quote:

For Bacchus I may just do his on the next playthrough.. or at least make a save on the Mothership.. then do Edge/Faize.. of course I didn't realize that saving edge's kills was a good idea until now.. so I'll probly eat about 4000 kills and 1000 battles for Faize. This playthrough I'll finish Lymle, Myuria (1 left), Meracle and Arumat.. Reimi is 100%. (also gotta get the Spaceship data I missed!)

Yea ended up getting Arumat's 44,444 with the guide atk.. but didn't put any earth dmg on a weapon. I would do aerial gallows and only hit for 22,xxx or so.. so I went into a rush combo and just failed it and was hitting for the 44,4xx. Still can't get his 9999.

Got the atk set for Edge's 55,555.. just can't seem to hit the number. Keep hitting 1 above and 1 below.. just not that last 5.

I was having trouble with your 9093 atk and the 77,777dmg with the Axe beaks, but i see what I did wrong.. I synthed +20 atk to a weapon which brought me to 9094 then synthed an earth dmg factor which was -1atk.. the earth dmg is pushing it over since those birds are weak to earth. will have to start a new weapon

Ended up getting the 3 enemies with deep freeze finally..

Yea, it'd be easier to just do the 2 Sarah ones on the next playthrough.. the hps are just enough off to not make it possible. I maybe can get Reimi's.. think her hps were only off by 20 or so.

Also hit 90% BT's for Master Battler

Last edited by Xenolith666; 10-19-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #609
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Ok, got both Edge's 55,555 dmg per the guide with 7182 atk on the birds in 7SD.. and as you suggested I got the 77,777 dmg with Meracle with the 9093 atk. Nice find on that one.

I'd say I have another 50 hours (probably less) or so of grinding to finish Arumat, Myuria, Meracle, Lymle and 1000 blindsides on Edge (then he's done until next playthrough). Only have 40 or so Colisseum battles left with Meracle and those are all done, including Faize.

Thankfully I have a wired turbo controller.. put it to use last night getting Edge's 99,999 hits in the 'bugs, bugs, bugs' team battle. 2x Scumbag Slayer and lots of taunting. Went to bed and woke up with the trophy. Will do the same with Meracle if I don't get hers while grinding ology drops. Turbo controller was also handy for Sarahs jumping BT's.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #610
Primal IX

primal ix's Gamercard
On the -ology drops.Do you use the bio-rhythm checker before trying for their drops?Or did you not use it at all?I don't remember the name of the item exactly.Was curious to see if that helps speed up the process.
Primal IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #611
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal IX View Post
On the -ology drops.Do you use the bio-rhythm checker before trying for their drops?Or did you not use it at all?I don't remember the name of the item exactly.Was curious to see if that helps speed up the process.
learn something new about this game all the time.. so i didn't even know about the tester.. so i checked it online.. some people say that it increases your luck for drops as well. So i loaded up my end game save and got Bacchus to have "super duper luck" according to the bio tester and went and farmed darkbots on Nox. I'm not seeing any difference.. the drops are still shit. I probly have around 700 kills and only 50 drops.

I don't know why it is.. but Bacchus and Meracle's drop rates are absolutely terrible for the 'ology drops; they are for me at least.

Last edited by Xenolith666; 02-06-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:13 AM   #612
Primal IX

primal ix's Gamercard
Your not gonna like this.I did Bacchus's drops.It took nearly 4ks worth of enemies til I got his 255 drops. But to be fair I used the metal scumbags.From what I have heard no matter which enemy you pick his drops are slow.

For me Meracles was slightly slow but hers went by pretty quick. The only thing you can do is gut it out least for Bacchus. Meracle your using the 2 perytons in cave of seven stars.On the 2nd floor in the upper left area.You should be close to finishing by the time you get to 999 avians or least I was.

Unfortunately it comes down to luck.If you are lucky which most of aren't it takes awhile.The only exception i had was Reimi hers was done in a flash.I almost thought I would finish her drops before the 999 plants.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:08 AM   #613
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

after some further testing.. I got "super duper luck" on edge and went to purgatorium and 7SD for anthro drops.. i probly fought about 50 battles and only got about 5 drops.. I'd say an average of 4 enemies per battle.. so that's 200 enemies and only 5 drops.. so it seems 'luck' has nothing to do with it. what a grind that's gonna be..

not to state the obvious.. but the characters (Edge, Meracle, Bacchus) that don't have a viable 'geostone' alternative in WD are in for a long fuckin haul. all the others went relatively quick.. hours compared to days

at this point i just need to pick one thing and work on it.. i keep moving from toon to toon.. only got 3 left on Bacchus.. guess i should finish that

Old 02-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #614
Primal IX

primal ix's Gamercard
I know Bacchus takes a long time.I'm sure Edge will take some time but no where near as long as Bacchus.I am surprised Meracle takes you a long time.Hers went fairly quick for me.Not as quick as the others that had enemies in WD.But out of the 3 non WD characters.Hers was the fastest.Mainly cause shes so adapt at killing quickly.You have your choice of X Claw or Drill Spike.Both kill quickly.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #615
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Where did you work on Edge mostly? I can't seem to find a good spot. Too many 'other' enemies mixed in with humanoids in Palace of Creation. I guess Purgatorium or 7SD somewhere? Even on the 4th floor the Sydonists don't aggro anymore which makes getting surprised a pain.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #616
Primal IX

primal ix's Gamercard
That would be the very first area of palace of creation.Then again I was combining his 255 drops/30k enemies.I still don't have all his drops.But that's your best bet.I do assume you mean his drops.If you mean the bulk of his bt that i got naturally over the course of the game.Mainly cause I only controlled him.

They say the spirit priests are better for his drops.However I found the palace of creation is overall better Cause you can group more humaoids together.They have a video on youtube i think that shows how to gather them.If i recall correctly if you do it right you should get a max ambush bonus if done right.Which greatly Increases your chance i do believe.The more enemies you fight of a certain type does seem to help.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #617
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

yea the drops mostly.. currently i'm screwing around in 7SD since I can work on 4 characters at once there.. Meracle/Bacchus/Edge drops and Arumat kills. if i get bored with it.. (i'm sure i will) I'll head back to the palace/halls area

Old 02-09-2013, 04:19 AM   #618
Primal IX

primal ix's Gamercard
I'm not sure if you know this.But you do know only the character you control at the end of the battle is the only one who gets credit for the drops.So not sure how you can work on 4 characters at once.But if it works for you that's good then.By the way this also gives a good chance to do Myuria's 10 hours in battle just keep her in your active party and it is easy to get 10 bts for her.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #619
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

oh yea i know.. this morning i played for like 45 minutes.. i'd get ambushed by 2 groups of enemies.. i'd switch to Bacchus.. black hole sphere them into a group and then switch to Arumat and kill the first group.. after the ambush, back to bacchus, black hole sphere then switch to meracle to get hits/drops.

and so far I have Myuria and Reimi at 100%

Old 02-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #620
Razon

xXMrBlack666Xx's Gamercard
Oh man. I just started playing this game again and i'm going for all 1000. THIS is definintely gonna be the one i have the most trouble on!! I'm looking forward to the challenge though.
Razon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #621
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razon View Post
Oh man. I just started playing this game again and i'm going for all 1000. THIS is definintely gonna be the one i have the most trouble on!! I'm looking forward to the challenge though.
good luck.. definitely utilize the efficiency guide and print out all the necessary checklists.. keep a meticulous record of what you accomplish and you'll be fine..

**and just so i don't forget.. Arumat 5572 dmg in 7sd for 9999 dmg bt** can't seem to get this one.. been doing some research

Last edited by Xenolith666; 02-10-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #622
Primal IX

primal ix's Gamercard
Most people prefer to use Myuria to steal.Me I prefered Meracle.I made sure the clays i stole got stolen by Meracle so can get clays and she can get her 99999 hits total.

I wish i could help you on the Arumat 9999 exact damage bt but I forgot how I did it.I may have used ps3 trophies.They had some good forumlas for them.Don't get me wrong this site has some good strategies for some of the bt.But some of them just weren't working for me.So got tired of not being able to do it.So looked elsewhere.By the way on the progression thread I'll tell you how many bt I have left.

Razon good luck, you will need it.The game isn't hard so much as it is long.For the Bt i would use the guide by flipout from gamefaqs and the walkthrough by queenadreena as they are both very well done.They will help alot on your quest for 1000g.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:12 AM   #623
Razon

Quote:
good luck.. definitely utilize the efficiency guide and print out all the necessary checklists.. keep a meticulous record of what you accomplish and you'll be fine..

**and just so i don't forget.. Arumat 5572 dmg in 7sd for 9999 dmg bt** can't seem to get this one.. been doing some research
First of all, i hope i'm using the whole "quote" thing correctly. if not, sorry and correct me. Yeah I've definitely been checking out the guides and different points in the game that are better to try getting the trophys. I can't remember my percentages right now but i guarantee they are no where near complete, lol. I realy like this game and the first 2 so i don't mind replaying a couple times.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #624
Primal IX

primal ix's Gamercard
Your looking at least 3 playthroughs.You can skip most cut scenes.I don't know bout you but their voices get on my nerves after awhile.They repeat the same lines over and over.The best thing is you can mute both your characters and the enemies.But to prepare you,you will spend alot of time in the colosseum and cave of seven stars and wd.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #625
Razon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal IX View Post
Your looking at least 3 playthroughs.You can skip most cut scenes.I don't know bout you but their voices get on my nerves after awhile.They repeat the same lines over and over.The best thing is you can mute both your characters and the enemies.But to prepare you,you will spend alot of time in the colosseum and cave of seven stars and wd.
oh yeah, definitely after my first playthrough i skipped every cut scene i could. i think the only things i hated about this game were their voices and voice acting ESPECIALLY LYMLE ARGHHH!!! anyway. yeah i expect at least a couple more plays.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #626
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

oh come on now guys.. Lymle was only mildly, wrist slittingly annoying. kaaayyyyy

Old 02-14-2013, 11:21 PM   #627
Primal IX

primal ix's Gamercard
I have never wanted to be as a violent when I heard her turn everything into a question.Saying Kay every 5 seconds.The first playthrough was words can not describe the horrors.I am not scarred for life thanks to her.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #628
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

we all might need therapy for trying to 1k this game let alone her voice...

update BT's: Edge 99, Reimi 100, Faize 61, Lymle 93, Bacchus 99, Meracle 97, Myuria 100, Sarah 98, Arumat 94

Last edited by Xenolith666; 02-19-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:57 AM   #629
Primal IX

primal ix's Gamercard
Even with her annoying voice.Mainly cuz I turned off the voices.I truly enjoy the combat.That and the item creation.Though with that said I do think the 30k x2 was a bit excessive.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:01 AM   #630
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

less than 20 bt's left.. and of course they are the most time consuming ones..

Edge 99, Reimi 100, Faize 97, Lymle 100, Bacchus 99, Meracle 97, Myuria 100, Sarah 100, Arumat 94

Last edited by Xenolith666; 03-11-2013 at 08:10 PM.