PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Street Fighter IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-13-2009, 07:34 AM   #91
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningLipSore View Post
Finally, how many of you out there added the extra LP in Ken's 4th? Why?Did you think improved the spacing for the FADC to M Shoryuken?
I didn't have that much trouble with Ken 4 except for the very last part of it (going into Shinryuken). I don't remember doing anything extra.

Congrats on getting Viper 5, you'll soon have an idea of how satisfying it is to get that damn Hard Trial cheevo

Dennoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:32 AM   #92
BurningLipSore

BurningLipSore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
To anyone else wondering about the extra crouching LP in Ken's Hard 4--don't bother. This guy talks about it in his guide, and the Kalelulen4 dude with the videos does it too, but I did it no problem with just the one crouching LP.

Ken 5 and Gen 5 left!

Last edited by BurningLipSore; 04-14-2009 at 10:31 PM.
BurningLipSore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:34 AM   #93
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
Here's a tip for Gen 5:

I actually don't do c.LP > s.MP (mash x3) QCF QCF MP like the GameFAQs guide says.

I try and integrate my moves into the first QCF so as to not have to do the second one extremely fast. This can also be used in Gen 4, but if you're lucky and time the second QCF just right, it should come out after the first hit of the mash move.

You're on your own for the completed Gekiro, I sweared up a storm because I couldn't do it. I got on like my 14th/15th completed combo.

Dennoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:05 AM   #94
BigEasy

B1g Ez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hey just wanted to say that for GEN's air kicks the "complete" version you need 8 kicks not 7. I had 7 a few times in a row and was like wtf then i tried and got 8 and it completed the challenge.

100% CoD: Classic, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8

100% Halo 3, 3:ODST, Halo Wars, Reach
BigEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:37 AM   #95
Sasuke1_2

This thread is even good for people who want to post specific problems with specific trials.

Thanks for the link too. I know I'll still have problems but at least it helps with some.
Sasuke1_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:15 AM   #96
Sasuke1_2

Sorry for the bump and double post, but if I just edited it, people would probably not notice my question.

I was wondering if anyone could give me tips for Ryu's 3rd hard trial. I got through the second one with ease because i had to crouch and punch which was much easier when pulling off the shoryuken.

This time around I have to punch while standing and go into a shoryuken. Everytime i try it, he just does his super or a regular hadoken. Is there any tips for this so I can fix this? Seems impossible to be honest...even though I know it isnt...

Also note, if I do actually get the shoryuken off, it's always not fast enough...like wtf lol

Last edited by Sasuke1_2; 06-18-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Sasuke1_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:24 AM   #97
LouNGeR

LouNGeR83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke1_2 View Post
Sorry for the bump and double post, but if I just edited it, people would probably not notice my question.

I was wondering if anyone could give me tips for Ryu's 3rd hard trial. I got through the second one with ease because i had to crouch and punch which was much easier when pulling off the shoryuken.

This time around I have to punch while standing and go into a shoryuken. Everytime i try it, he just does his super or a regular hadoken. Is there any tips for this so I can fix this? Seems impossible to be honest...even though I know it isnt...

Also note, if I do actually get the shoryuken off, it's always not fast enough...like wtf lol
I'm doing this one right now, I haven't finished it yet.
To not get his Super, don't spam the move, but actually DO a shoryuken, and nothing more.

I'm having trouble doing this with my stick (dashing is much easier).
The only problem is, when I face right I can't do the Ultra and when I face left I can't even do SRK > FADC. I use the DF,DF shortcut since I have a square gate in my stick, DF,D,DF also works but not as good. I seem to have trouble with DF,DF when facing left.
When facing right, I MUST do the 2x D>F motion for the ultra, but seems freaking hard on my stick.

Edit: I got it now, facing left, happy

Last edited by LouNGeR; 06-21-2009 at 03:39 AM.
LouNGeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #98
cront

cr0nt's Gamercard
For the moaning about Viper's high jump >> burning kick - the high jump is an extra cancel for her and allows you to speed up the recovery of the HP. You just need to be mega quick to get any and all of her combos out.

The health bar trick is obviously their hitstun for anyone that is unclear on that too.

And there really was no need to post the entire thing here - for the people that can't access IGN in work --> should you not be working?!?!!??!

Last edited by cront; 07-04-2009 at 05:36 PM.
cront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:55 PM   #99
LouNGeR

LouNGeR83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cront View Post
The health bar trick is obviously their hitstun for anyone that is unclear on that too.
Indeed, very cheap.
Especially when I need tips on a specific trial, they come up with the "health bar trick", which doesn't seem too helpful if you would ask me.
Quote:
And there really was no need to post the entire thing here - for the people that can't access IGN in work --> should you not be working?!?!!??!
I disagree, I like x360a and I barely visit any IGN site.

LouNGeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:42 AM   #100
cront

cr0nt's Gamercard
Quote:
I disagree, I like x360a and I barely visit any IGN site.
It was essentially a statement that the whole guide could possibly have just been a link - or for anyone that has visited the ign website and noticed a link to the original text it may have been placed as an attachment. I was not suggesting that anybody trawl IGN to look for it.

Quote:
Especially when I need tips on a specific trial, they come up with the "health bar trick", which doesn't seem too helpful if you would ask me.
The main reference to it is for gief hard 5 (4x c.lk!? for real?!) the real solution is to figure out the timing by trial and error [the hit stun is an approximate guide for all things 'light'] and then when it's memorised put it into action.

Only viper 5 to go...
Old 07-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #101
Dunbine

Aura Battler's Gamercard
I think Viper's hard 3 is harder to perform than hard 5...perhaps it's just for me...

For Viper's hard 5, I did it at the corner:

1.) after the ex move -> quick 2,9 for the high jump cancel
2.) really quick to do the air hard flaming kick to hit Dan
3.) then you should land first before dan. Wait for a bit when Dan fall down at above your head, do the ultra.

Anyway, good luck to all who do the hard trials, and gratz to all who got 1000g!

Last edited by Dunbine; 07-07-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Dunbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:55 PM   #102
cront

cr0nt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbine View Post
I think Viper's hard 3 is harder to perform than hard 5...perhaps it's just for me...

For Viper's hard 5, I did it at the corner:

1.) after the ex move -> quick 2,9 for the high jump cancel
2.) really quick to do the air hard flaming kick to hit Dan
3.) then you should land first before dan. Wait for a bit when Dan fall down at above your head, do the ultra.

Anyway, good luck to all who do the hard trials, and gratz to all who got 1000g!

I just can't be bothered with 5 atm, looks easier and i spent around 15 seconds getting the first 3 bits down, the rest is just the previous with an extra flick of the wrist, so shouldn't be too bad. The cancel seems way easier on this one. I think it'll have to be done in (or at least near) to the corner so that the HK flame kick doesn't knock them back too far.

Getting TO this one was the hard part.

IMO there are a fair few harder than Viper. I think Ken 4 was the toughest one I came across (my fault for always FADC the SRK a hit too early).

Good luck to those who still have these to do - and congrats to everyone with 1k [i'll be joining you soon enough]
Old 07-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #103
Dunbine

Aura Battler's Gamercard
Quote:
I just can't be bothered with 5 atm, looks easier and i spent around 15 seconds getting the first 3 bits down, the rest is just the previous with an extra flick of the wrist, so shouldn't be too bad. The cancel seems way easier on this one. I think it'll have to be done in (or at least near) to the corner so that the HK flame kick doesn't knock them back too far.
Oh, I see! Sorry for the misunderstanding! Yes, you are right, the first 3 moves for Viper's hard 5 is hard to perform, after that it's just like the previous. For me, Ken's hard 4 is also hard to do for the first few chains...

I look forward to you to join the 1000 club soon, so good luck!

Last edited by Dunbine; 07-08-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Dunbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:15 AM   #104
supadryz

supadryz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Why is this thread not a sticky?
supadryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #105
Gaisoun

Gaisoun's Gamercard
Mostly, i find these guides dont help at all, due t othe fact that its not the point of how to do it, even if you know what buttons to push, and what it should look like, theirs still timing which is such an annoyance. i also remember reading somewhere that some of the challenges were designed for an arcade stick, dont know if thats myth, but thats why some people probly have a problem with this.
Gaisoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #106
Dead Herb

Dead Herb's Gamercard
Ive managed to do the trials on a standard controller so you dont need an arcade stick to complete em and the guide for me was very useful especially when doing C.Vipers between this guide and youtube i managed to get em done

Last edited by Dead Herb; 08-15-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Dead Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:26 PM   #107
ferrara316

ferrara316's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaisoun View Post
Mostly, i find these guides dont help at all, due t othe fact that its not the point of how to do it, even if you know what buttons to push, and what it should look like, theirs still timing which is such an annoyance. i also remember reading somewhere that some of the challenges were designed for an arcade stick, dont know if thats myth, but thats why some people probly have a problem with this.
i agree, practicing my ass off and reading this guide still has not helped me with the trials.
ferrara316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #108
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Everyone keeps telling me Kens 4th trial is insane, I nailed it today in about an hour, very awkward but doable, I am stuck on Kens 5th trial now, it is much harder than 4, so why people say 4 is his worst is beyond me, 5 is crazy!!

I struggle with the link, but that is not my main issue as I can probably fluke that, it this damn [EX air tatsumaki to shinryuken] How the hell????? any tips appreciated.

I struggled to get a standing tatsumaki to hit, as I thought the enemy had to be in the air, but I had no time at all for the shinryken, after research I realise I need to jump, absolute crazy if hitting it standing only just connects now they expect me to jump as well!!!!!!

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 34
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #109
WiktorWektor

WiktorWektor83's Gamercard
Yeah it's crazy I did it by pausing the game after I pressed Up (Ken was about to leave the ground) then after unpausing I just did the EX Air Kick motion very fast.

For me both his final trials are insane (#4 has insane timing and positioning on the Ultra and #5 has this extreme fast EX Air Kick to Ultra).

It's funny that I did Ken's trials but can't do Guile's hard #5. Can't do his Ultra after Super.

Edit: Nevermind, I finally finished Guile's #5.

Edit2: C.Viper Hard Trial #3... LOL WTF OMG... c.LP->High Jump cancel to Ultra? You have to be Flash to do this sh*t (o.O)

Edit3: OMG I did it after 5 hours (!!) by pushing... I don't know what I pushed... It just worked. What a stupid, useless combo, FU Capcom. Gonna go now, put my fingers into some ice. -.-

Last edited by WiktorWektor; 12-16-2009 at 07:51 PM.
WiktorWektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:58 PM   #110
Sixfeetbehind

Sixfeetbehind's Gamercard
Great and helpful guide, thanks!

Sixfeetbehind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:20 AM   #111
RyanMushr00ms

Send a message via AIM to RyanMushr00ms

z0mbiekittehx3's Gamercard
very helpful. so far helped me with chun li :] im starting on normal so far.. i dread the hard...
Old 01-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #112
Jakez123
That's so clich

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Ok, so I've finally done Ken's Hard 5 (again). I already did this trial when I did the SSFIV trials, and this time I couldn't do it for the life of me. I used the same video:

My problem was that I would cross-up Dan as I attempt the EX-air tatsumaki. But as I continued to do the combo, I realised I only crossed him up when I jumped immediately after the EX focus cancel. Therefore to complete Ken's Hard 5/trial 24 with as little difficulty as possible using the above work around:

Jump H.K
Crouch L.P
Standing L.P
Crouch M.P
EX Hadouken
Lvl.2 Focus attack
Forward dash
(Wait a second for Dan to be fully crumpled for the next part)
Heavy shoryuken (2 hits)
EX focus cancel
Forward dash
(Wait half a second after you forward dash, if you jump too early and attempt to EX tatsu you'll cross Dan up since he's juggled higher than intended)
Jump
EX air tatsu
Shinryuken.

Keep in mind, for the EX HADOUKEN > LVL 2 FOCUS ATTACK to work, you must hit Dan deep with the Jump H.K