PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Strategy > Crystal Defenders
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #61
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outinthedark View Post
No prob...! Uploading a video to go along with the text/map guide to help out as well. Recording the other maps I have completed that only have text/map.
Thanks for your effort.. I'm still missing 5 maps right now. The second both of W1 and 3 of the W3 maps..

Looking forward to find guides here and I'm thanking everyone who is involved in writing guides for us, in advance. : )

100% Retail:
44 | 100% Arcade: 92
trueachievements
99999 GS achieved 09/07/2011
T0b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:52 PM   #62
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Ok video is posted!

I wish I had a capture card...or I could figure out the HD upload deal...text still readable so I guess it's good...!

Last edited by Outinthedark; 03-22-2009 at 03:11 AM.
Outinthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:54 PM   #63
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0b3 View Post
Thanks for your effort.. I'm still missing 5 maps right now. The second both of W1 and 3 of the W3 maps..

Looking forward to find guides here and I'm thanking everyone who is involved in writing guides for us, in advance. : )
Which ones in W1? I'm about to upload 2 more videos from W1 but all the guides from W1 work for me...!
Old 03-16-2009, 11:58 PM   #64
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Which ones in W1? I'm about to upload 2 more videos from W1 but all the guides from W1 work for me...!
I am missing Orchise and Orchis Advanced. : E

100% Retail:
trueachievements
Old 03-17-2009, 12:02 AM   #65
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Quote:
I am missing Orchise and Orchis Advanced. : E
Videos will take a while to upload maybe another 30 minutes or so for both of em.

The text guide is what I used. If you need the video give me a half hour I'll post the first adv first since I have that recorded already in 15 minutes or so. Takes a while to upload..!
Old 03-17-2009, 12:05 AM   #66
T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Quote:
Videos will take a while to upload maybe another 30 minutes or so for both of em.

The text guide is what I used. If you need the video give me a half hour I'll post the first adv first since I have that recorded already in 15 minutes or so. Takes a while to upload..!
Take as much time as you need. I'm grateful that you're willing to help.

Wee, when I got both of these, I just need the last 3 of W3 and it's a full 200. : o

100% Retail:
trueachievements
Old 03-17-2009, 12:10 AM   #67
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Quote:
Take as much time as you need. I'm grateful that you're willing to help.

Wee, when I got both of these, I just need the last 3 of W3 and it's a full 200. : o
Here is [not mine] Zellea

Old 03-17-2009, 01:19 AM   #68
LanceX

LanceX2's Gamercard
the snow maps are screwing me. :/
Old 03-17-2009, 01:40 AM   #69
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Here is Orchise Snowfield...the Advance map is still "processing" will post it as soon as it is done processing...

Old 03-17-2009, 01:45 AM   #70
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

How weird...the 2nd one [Snowfield] has been processed already and it was uploaded later..? Odd...here is the advance video guide...

Last edited by Outinthedark; 03-22-2009 at 03:12 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:09 AM   #71
COLENBLOKER

Send a message via MSN to COLENBLOKER

COLENBLOKER's Gamercard
I made a video for Good Samaritan... havent seen a video posted for it yet so I just captured my replay.

COLENBLOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:45 AM   #72
sweenish182

sweenish182's Gamercard
outinthedark
the videos are a much appreciated help, but you don't show what the unit levels should be. take the cursor off the units so the levels hover over their heads. let that show for a couple seconds, then skip to the next wave. in the video, they level too fast, and it's pretty easy to miss one since the levels aren't seen except for a split second or not at all.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:40 AM   #73
ApochWeiss

Send a message via AIM to ApochWeiss

Apoch x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pX I Atticus View Post
did u have them placed in the right places?? its very important!!! check my pic of were they should place also make sure u have the right lvl of people and the right crystals in the right places
I finally gor it in the morning. I guess I just screwed up somewhere with leveling, probably forgot to level a soldier up a level. Oh well, now to complete W2...but that's for another day...

edit: Just noticed the vids up on this thread. I'll definitely use them when I get a chance to just sit down and play this. Thanks for the vids! As for the levels one of the above poster talked about, I'm sure I can figure it out.

Now with film and game reviews (just for fun)!

ApochWeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:01 AM   #74
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweenish182 View Post
outinthedark
the videos are a much appreciated help, but you don't show what the unit levels should be. take the cursor off the units so the levels hover over their heads. let that show for a couple seconds, then skip to the next wave. in the video, they level too fast, and it's pretty easy to miss one since the levels aren't seen except for a split second or not at all.
I had to speed it up...Youtube's limits are 10 min and I was pushing it with the entire thing playing out.

There are a few other guides exactly the same speed so I figured it was ok. If you really cannot see it I will re-record.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:27 AM   #75
ApochWeiss

Apoch x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
I had to speed it up...Youtube's limits are 10 min and I was pushing it with the entire thing playing out.

There are a few other guides exactly the same speed so I figured it was ok. If you really cannot see it I will re-record.
I looked at one of the videos you did and, honestly, if you watch what you're doing you can tell who is being leveled up to what level. You show everything but the actual fight scenes, so really there's no need to record them. The camera is a bit too close in my opinion, it's cutting out a little bit like the above poster said, but I can tell who is getting leveled and who isn't, it just isn't clear like the picture maps on here haha.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:53 AM   #76
sweenish182

sweenish182's Gamercard
speed wasn't an issue.

it was the cursor being on a unit, and not allowing you see all the other units' levels. it's nice to see those as a double check.

but for this game, i think i prefer maps.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:46 AM   #77
pX I Atticus

dI Atticus Ib's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
wow guys ive been asleep i come back and there maps videos everything great work!!!

this guide would have not work if it wasnt for you guys THANK YOU

pX I Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:49 AM   #78
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweenish182 View Post
speed wasn't an issue.

it was the cursor being on a unit, and not allowing you see all the other units' levels. it's nice to see those as a double check.

but for this game, i think i prefer maps.
The only way to view everyone's levels is by stopping the wave not moving the courser.

I just view the replay as it showed it and recorded it. Just cant please everyone I guess.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:46 AM   #79
pX I Atticus

Right guys out of the maps we are only missing

Ruins Of Delgantua Adv
Zellea Adv

then the guide is almost done

Old 03-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #80
pX I Atticus

Quote:
The only way to view everyone's levels is by stopping the wave not moving the courser.

I just view the replay as it showed it and recorded it. Just cant please everyone I guess.
well you pleased me i got all 3 that u posted up this morning Thanks
The W3 one was Crazy!! but ive got a pic of what my team looked like at lvl 30 so if any need to see let me know.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #81
fonzycore

fonzycore's Gamercard
having an amazingly difficult time with the last 2 advance maps
fonzycore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #82
Motrahtox

Motrahtox's Gamercard
Outinthedark I actually prefer the way you did the videos. Show the leveling and skip the battle.

Some videos are confusing because some players add units in the middle of the wave and its very time consuming, especially in my case where my computer is on the other wall from my TV so Im walking back and forth wave to wave.

Man if I had a laptop Id be done with this already.

Edit: After watching a vid again I noticed you add the thief right when you get 50 gold, but either way Id rather watch a 5 min video than a 10 min one.

Also I gotta say I hate the Ahrimans or possibly Suezo rip offs

Last edited by Motrahtox; 03-17-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Motrahtox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #83
fonzycore

fonzycore's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motrahtox View Post
Outinthedark I actually prefer the way you did the videos. Show the leveling and skip the battle.

Some videos are confusing because some players add units in the middle of the wave and its very time consuming, especially in my case where my computer is on the other wall from my TV so Im walking back and forth wave to wave.

Man if I had a laptop Id be done with this already.

Edit: After watching a vid again I noticed you add the thief right when you get 50 gold, but either way Id rather watch a 5 min video than a 10 min one.

Also I gotta say I hate the Ahrimans or possibly Suezo rip offs
im doing the same thing, the walking back and forth crap
Old 03-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #84
pX I Atticus

i dont hehe

no running for me

Old 03-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #85
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Well thanks guys. I will record all the ones I cannot find online then. I will also stop the wave just before skipping to the next wave just for you sweenish!

Here is kthili sands advance I uploaded last night [forgot it was sitting on my desktop]

Last edited by Outinthedark; 03-22-2009 at 03:12 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #86
fonzycore

fonzycore's Gamercard
/flex done finally

according to the leaderboards im top 100 worldwide for score or whatever, upload yo shits
Old 03-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #87
Griever

Justin and Jade's Gamercard
Weird, I just used Outinthedark's Kthili Sands Adv. map video to walk through and I think I changed a step somewhere between 6-9 and ended up with 700 more gil at the end, and score of 12740.
Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:34 PM   #88
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever View Post
Weird, I just used Outinthedark's Kthili Sands Adv. map video to walk through and I think I changed a step somewhere between 6-9 and ended up with 700 more gil at the end, and score of 12740.
I've been going back and trying little things to tweak em and end up getting around 14k on Kthili Adv. Little changes go a long way!

Working on Ruins Adv at the moment gosh do I hate wave 21...so time consuming to figure it out! Sad part is I fail that wave but I ace the next 5 without any additional upgrades or units!

Hopefully I will have it done tonight and then record some of the others I see on here that are not perfect runs. So far I have em all done perfect save the last 2 advance maps so there is no reason any of the videos posted should be not perfect runs.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:47 PM   #89
T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

yay, Zellea - Perfect - with the video guide. But I saved some thing so I got a final score of 18k

100% Retail:
trueachievements
Old 03-18-2009, 05:39 AM   #90
ApochWeiss

Apoch x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pX I Atticus View Post
i dont hehe

no running for me

You know, I'd call you lazy for having a set up like that, but I have almost the same thing set up in my living room haha. TV in front of me, my couch in front of my coffee table I keep my laptop on, and the table has hidden compartments I have my 360 controlls in, the 360 to the left of the table, and my GH/RB guitars against the left wall hidden between my radiator cover and DVD rack, and my Rock Band 1 drum kit between my last DVD rack and 1st CD rack on the right side of the wall. I barely ever have to get up haha