PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Peggle
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
TwistedEuclid

TwistedEuclid's Gamercard
Easy method for 20mill adventure ach

This is very easy using the massive bonuses given for not retrying. If you are about to lose, go to Xbox Dashboard (restarting or quitting from the game will still be marked as a failure). Then reload the game and adventure mode, your progress will be saved up to that level and you can try again. Completing each level with no retries nets you a 100k bonus, and (if this is anything like the PC game), you will get a 10 MILLION 'efficiency' bonus at the end of the game for no retries throughout (less if you did retry, but still millions)!

So considering the bonuses, you only need to get 82k a stage :P

This is what I posted to my achievement guide thread - hope it helps people! Restarting from Dashboard each you lose could be frustrating for new players, but I guess it's better than missing out on 20mill and having to playthrough the whole mode again, hehe
TwistedEuclid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
Deadly Moves
Banned User

Deadly Moves's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Nice tip.. thanx
Deadly Moves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
Hoffer

Hoffer's Gamercard
I ended up with over 21 million when I finished adventure mode. I failed quite a few of the levels as well.

I thought there was no way I'd get 20 mil. When I was halfway thru the levels, I had like 7 million. Even on the very last level, I had just under 19 million when I started. I did get a couple million bonus after getting the points for beating the last level. I was really surprised to see the achievement unlock.
Hoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #4
TwistedEuclid

TwistedEuclid's Gamercard
Yeah, it really does seem dependent on the bonus at the end. I didn't get the achievement on my first runthrough because the amount of retries I did, as a result of messing about and going for ridiculous rebounds all the time, hehe
TwistedEuclid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:42 AM   #5
slmmzy

slmmzy's Gamercard
I like the idea but I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull this off. I usually need A LOT of retries for levels 11-2 to 11-4 and I can't see myself restarting the game every time.
slmmzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:21 AM   #6
Vame536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
I ended up with over 21 million when I finished adventure mode. I failed quite a few of the levels as well.

I thought there was no way I'd get 20 mil. When I was halfway thru the levels, I had like 7 million. Even on the very last level, I had just under 19 million when I started. I did get a couple million bonus after getting the points for beating the last level. I was really surprised to see the achievement unlock.
Pretty much what happened to me. Finished my first run through adventure mode with 21 mil, failed some levels, mostly near the end, but did most first time.
Vame536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:23 PM   #7
EXTINCT

oCRiPPSYo's Gamercard
dangit, almost finished it and no-where near 20 mil, wish id looked here first
EXTINCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
Snooptaliah

snooptaliah's Gamercard
Kinda pain in the butt to do it that way, but if it works then I guess you have to do it if you can't get it on a playthrough without restarting. I'm in that boat I suppose as on my first playthrough I got oh so close finishing with 19.3 million. I almost threw the controller when I saw that LOL...
Snooptaliah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:48 AM   #9
DarkStar33Cdn

DarkStar33Cdn's Gamercard
Just finished with 19.7 M and 44 retries on my first playthrough. It should be doable without having to restart every time.
DarkStar33Cdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:47 AM   #10
slmmzy

slmmzy's Gamercard
Does anyone know how the bonuses at the end work? Is it based on your overall total of retries or retries per each world?
Old 03-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #11
Deadly Moves
Banned User

Deadly Moves's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
I just completed my 2nd play through and got 27 million with 5 retries.
5th highest score in the world!
And i didnt even do the quitting out thing... Well i did it twice but couldnt be bothered to do it anymore.
Deadly Moves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:21 PM   #12
Gun-Nut

darksynopsis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Seems easy enough with this method but I'll just play it normally the first time round and hope for the achievement!

Quitting out every time I fail a level would just annoy me!
Gun-Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #13
Dark Umbra

Dark Umbra93's Gamercard
Fyi

Just so everyone knows, I only retried twice and ended up with a 9, 600, 000 bonus, so it seems that every retry takes away 200, 000 points from your final efficiency bonus. Keep that in mind while playing...
Dark Umbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:00 AM   #14
LanceX

LanceX2's Gamercard
..i dont think i got a final bonus at all. WTF? i was like 16 mill and ended with 16 mill
Old 03-16-2009, 02:26 AM   #15
slmmzy

slmmzy's Gamercard
I'm upto 9-4 with zero retries I've been to the dashboard at least five times. I'm going to need help with the 11th world levels though, I hope there's a guide out there.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #16
Motrahtox

Motrahtox's Gamercard
I probably had to dashboard exit each round of stage eleven at least 4 or 5 times. I used the owl on all of them which seemed to work out pretty good.

I finally finished adventure mode with 21 retries, so I only got 5,800,000 for my efficiency bonus, but it topped me out at about 22 million. About ten more retries and I would've been screwed.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #17
slmmzy

slmmzy's Gamercard
Well this method was a life saver. I still ended up retrying three times because I went for difficult shots with one shot left and missed the peg completely. Got 27 million total, would've been 17.5 if not for the dashboard. Even got ranked high on the leaderboard too. Now onto challenge mode I guess.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #18
LanceX

LanceX2's Gamercard
....wtf...i seriously dont think i got a final efficiency bonus.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #19
Danger Boy

Great Tip TwistedEuclid! Finished last night using this method. 22nd in the world leaderboard, thx!
Danger Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #20
snume

snumedahl11's Gamercard
Oh man. I got all the way to 11-1 before I realised I ALREADY GOT this achievement on my first playthrough! Doh.

I'll still finish this playthrough of aventure to see how high a score I can get, though. I've got 5 retries so far.

100% retail games: Mercenaries 2, Assassin's Creed, King Kong, NHL 2K6, Cars, Open Season, Surf's Up, Fight Night RD3, At World's End, Gun
100% XBLA games: Golden Axe, PacMan CE
snume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:58 PM   #21
Sheeple

TehSheeple's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Umbra View Post
Just so everyone knows, I only retried twice and ended up with a 9, 600, 000 bonus, so it seems that every retry takes away 200, 000 points from your final efficiency bonus. Keep that in mind while playing...
I believe he is probably right. Finished with 8 retries and got 8,400,000 Efficiency bonus.

By the way, reloading to the Dashboard needs to be done before your last shot. From what happened to me several times, I believe if you shoot your last ball, the game immediately knows if you will pass or not and saves the result. Had a couple where I shot my last ball and went to Dashboard before it got down to the bucket. Came back and had another Retry tacked on.
Sheeple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:58 PM   #22
Aweso

Aweso's Gamercard
Do you only get the bonus if you have absolutely zero retries?

I cause I've had to start over like 3 times now cause I forget to hit the dashboard before the score gets counted.
Aweso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:37 PM   #23
Chud 360

Chud 360's Gamercard
Excellent tip. Will start working on this tonight
Old 04-03-2009, 12:23 PM   #24
elmuziko

elmuziko's Gamercard
half way through on my second try and short of 8 million. So i'm likely to get the 20 mil when i finish? think i've only had 1 retry so far. Interesting. Thanks!
elmuziko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:37 AM   #25
MrT

MrT1981's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceX View Post
..i dont think i got a final bonus at all. WTF? i was like 16 mill and ended with 16 mill
I got that as well, only had a few retries on some of the levels, ended with about 16.4 million, no ending bonus...?!
MrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:42 AM   #26
Berad Jenkins

bard jewell's Gamercard
i just reached the master stage after beating the owl challenges. i think im sitting somewhere around 14 mil, god knows how many times i've retried. I have a feeling another playthrough is gonna be needed for me

Berad Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:05 PM   #27
Aweso

Aweso's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berad Jenkins View Post
i just reached the master stage after beating the owl challenges. i think im sitting somewhere around 14 mil, god knows how many times i've retried. I have a feeling another playthrough is gonna be needed for me
I tried the quiting before it counts the last shot so you don't get a retry, and after awhile I just gave up. By the end I had 14 retries and got a 8+ million bonus.
Aweso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #28
ChrisDeston

ChrisDeston821's Gamercard
Bought the game two days ago, on my second retry now and I just noticed this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheeple View Post
By the way, reloading to the Dashboard needs to be done before your last shot. From what happened to me several times, I believe if you shoot your last ball, the game immediately knows if you will pass or not and saves the result. Had a couple where I shot my last ball and went to Dashboard before it got down to the bucket. Came back and had another Retry tacked on.
Noted, just incase
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuziko View Post
half way through on my second try and short of 8 million. So i'm likely to get the 20 mil when i finish? think i've only had 1 retry so far. Interesting. Thanks!
Similar question but I've literally just got up to the Flippers guy with no retries and I'm on 7,105,420. I'll keep this glitch at the back of my mind if I come across an awkward last peg but for now I should be golden..
Didn't notice my first time score, was playing through taking turns with the mrs so we didn't really care.. I'll have a look in a sec and edit my post But urm, yeah, This seems quite an achievement. Not the hardest on the game but still.

EDIT: It doesn't tell me, haha, I thought the "All Time Stats" included it, obviously not. 46/75 Challenges complete though Best fever of 538k and best shot of 355,250. How is my best shot over 50% of my best fever?! That's mental.
Only cleared 7 levels according to this, gah.

But question remains, 7,105,420 on 5-1, no retries; I'm doing okay for a Peggle noob, right?

EDIT 2 (Up to Date): Start of the Flower girl and I'm on 10,609,820 with no retries. I'm feeling confident so far. Still not used this glitch

Last edited by ChrisDeston; 05-25-2009 at 04:32 AM. Reason: No reply, keeping y'all up to date ;)
ChrisDeston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #29
NoThru22

Send a message via AIM to NoThru22

Macello's Gamercard
No one else noticed this was a horrible tip? If you bring up the guide and press X to sign out, then immediately sign back in, you can start the level over without a retry. This is much faster than quitting out to the dash.
NoThru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #30
xenocidic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
No one else noticed this was a horrible tip? If you bring up the guide and press X to sign out, then immediately sign back in, you can start the level over without a retry. This is much faster than quitting out to the dash.
"Horrible"? Less efficient than your way, but "horrible"? Jeez.
xenocidic is offline   Reply With Quote