Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > Halo Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #91
Big Daddy xNL

Big Daddy xNL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillTheft Gator View Post
Sounds like you need another airbase, and probably more warehouses. Also don't forget to use your "Y" ability on the HAWKS.

The unit is called a Vampire btw.
thx.. but i always get owned by 2 vs 2 because my team mates dont no how to counter there attacks..

i saw a german guy with 3 stars which rank is that? i think he boosted allot.. but didnt get a ban
Big Daddy xNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:35 PM   #92
KillTheft Gator

KillTheft Gator's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy xNL View Post
thx.. but i always get owned by 2 vs 2 because my team mates dont no how to counter there attacks..

i saw a german guy with 3 stars which rank is that? i think he boosted allot.. but didnt get a ban
Yeah, I would suggest finding a friend to play with. Or you could just play 1v1.

But three stars is Colonel. Some people play to the level of addiction which makes it seem as if they boost, but then again the game has been out for a while.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #93
Big Daddy xNL

Big Daddy xNL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillTheft Gator View Post
Yeah, I would suggest finding a friend to play with. Or you could just play 1v1.

But three stars is Colonel. Some people play to the level of addiction which makes it seem as if they boost, but then again the game has been out for a while.

his name is snatcherinchen ( dont know his exact name but he's on te cod4 leaderbords)
Big Daddy xNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:16 AM   #94
N3XXIS

EOD N3XXlS's Gamercard
Very good guide, but I wish you didnt explain in depth HOW to base rush at the start of the game, nothing is more irritating than Base Rushers.
I find the best counter to base rushers is simply to Quit. If those assholes want to just cream you in 2minutes then give them a rank up and keep playing with people who play the game properly.
Might be considered "Weak" but I'd rather spend my time in games with people who are GOOD players, not cheap players.

vs

100% Retail Titles:
12 - Look at my Profile for the little Picture Collage
100% Arcade Titles:
UNO, Kingdom for Keflings, Dash of Destruction.

Quote Callum x360a
"This is gay"; yeah, I see how no backwards compatibility equals loving the penis in your manly bum.
"Super gay!"; yeah, not just gay, but gay with a cape"
N3XXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:31 AM   #95
ALIENwolve

ALIENwolve's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3XXIS View Post
Very good guide, but I wish you didnt explain in depth HOW to base rush at the start of the game, nothing is more irritating than Base Rushers.
I find the best counter to base rushers is simply to Quit. If those assholes want to just cream you in 2minutes then give them a rank up and keep playing with people who play the game properly.
Might be considered "Weak" but I'd rather spend my time in games with people who are GOOD players, not cheap players.
Most base rushers are easy kills. The Prophet is a little lame right now, but after the update I'm sure a few flamethrower squads will show him what for.
ALIENwolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:10 AM   #96
Avenged117

Avenged117's Gamercard
Quote:
Exactaly right whats the point of playing in a 3v3 when you see three Prophets and two minutes in they are attacking your base with reinforcements teleporting to them. i normally just quit

On a side note i find that who ever is attacked is done for so get hornets/banshees and attack their bases.
Avenged117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:12 AM   #97
Avenged117

Avenged117's Gamercard
Also i have found in non-party games rushes are almost non existant but occasionally you will run into one
Old 04-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #98
BumTHPS

Send a message via AIM to BumTHPS

BumTHPS's Gamercard
Quote:
GOOD players know how to counter a rush.
BumTHPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:54 PM   #99
KillTheft Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumTHPS View Post
GOOD players know how to counter a rush.
He makes a "GOOD" point. Oh and btw, the best way to deal with a rusher would be to play it, attempt to counter, and either:

a) Succeed and have learned how to deal with a rush.
b) Fail and learn what you need to improve on and what you shouldn't be doing.

EDIT:

I'd like to add that quitting when you have lost is not something that I will complain about. Quitting when you see a warthog with a machine gun is stupid, I'm pretty sure rushers won't mind a free up in their trueskill.

Last edited by KillTheft Gator; 04-23-2009 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Another point
KillTheft Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:56 PM   #100
N3XXIS

EOD N3XXlS's Gamercard
Let them raise their true skill.
Just means I'll be less likely to verse them again.
I find it more fun to play a 30minute+ game against good players who give you a good challange. Fuck off the base rushers and give even matches against true RTS gamers.
You can counter rushers, but you cant counter people such as... 3 prophets. Even after the update you will have a great deal of trouble trying to counter them. I dont quit at the sign of a warthog gunner, but if i see 40 Warthogs with Gause rushing at my base 5 minutes in, thats when I fold my cards.

vs

100% Retail Titles:
100% Arcade Titles:

Quote Callum x360a
"This is gay"; yeah, I see how no backwards compatibility equals loving the penis in your manly bum.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:08 AM   #101
0JAMES0BOND7

BallsOfFury007's Gamercard
good job making people better at halo wars
0JAMES0BOND7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:12 AM   #102
Bluntman428
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Bluntman428

Baked Buffalo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This is not a thread about the pros and cons of rushing.

If you want to discuss rushing, there are a dozen other threads in which to do it.

Thank you.
Bluntman428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #103
PureEgo03

Pure Ego03's Gamercard
Thought I would add this for consideration. I discovered yesterday that fully upgraded cobra's could put major hurt on grizzly tanks. Their extra range and the piercing shot upgrade really tore them apart, though I think this will only work if you have a large number of cobra's.

Credit to Big Daddy for spanking my ass with this strategy in skirmish
Old 04-29-2009, 03:15 AM   #104
Avenged117

Avenged117's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureEgo03 View Post
Thought I would add this for consideration. I discovered yesterday that fully upgraded cobra's could put major hurt on grizzly tanks. Their extra range and the piercing shot upgrade really tore them apart, though I think this will only work if you have a large number of cobra's.

Credit to Big Daddy for spanking my ass with this strategy in skirmish
Thats true for every super unit or any unit at all. No unit is strong against its counter unit. The only acception i can think of would be a scarab but i have seen fully upgraded cobras take them down
Old 04-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #105
N3XXIS

EOD N3XXlS's Gamercard
The best counter for a Scarab is Hawks and an Upgraded CryoBomb beforehand. But if thats not on hand that about 6-10 Cobras supported by any other vehicles (preferably something fast that the scarab can be kept busy with) will do the job.
Also a fully Upgraded MAC Blast can down a scarab if they are all direct hits.
An Arbiter fully upgraded is ALSO good cause he's hard to target.

vs

100% Retail Titles:
100% Arcade Titles:

Quote Callum x360a
Old 05-21-2009, 06:41 AM   #106
JohnnyR74

AbsolutioN IX's Gamercard
Hey, I just wanted to share a story/my opinion on Gremlins. Earlier tonight I was playing with my usual buddies 3v3 and my friend decided to mass produce them, just to try something different. I made Banshees, Anders 1 made Wolverines, Anders 2 made a LOT of Gremlins. (At least 30)

My Team: Anders/Regret/Anders
Opponents: Forge/Forge/Anders

Gremlins do really well against vehicles, they have a pretty good range and when in large groups they do a number on buildings. The Y Attack they have (EMP) completely disables vehicles, and allowed me to fly in with Banshees and take out any wolverines before they could fight back, then work together to take out Grizzlies/Cobras the guy had. They also only take up 1 unit, which is nice.

Gremlins are kind of weak though, they have just a little more health than a warthog. Forge's cluster bomb does a lot of damage to them, taking out several most of the time. They are also useless against air units, similar to Hunters.

Last edited by JohnnyR74; 05-21-2009 at 06:46 AM.
JohnnyR74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #107
KillTheft Gator

Quote:
So a challenge would be something that doesn't test your abilities to the extreme? You seem to have quite a bit of trouble with rushes and it would seem to me that it would be quite the challenge to learn to counter these rushes.

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."
Old 05-30-2009, 04:00 PM   #108
Huxy87

JHuxyboosh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyR74 View Post
Hey, I just wanted to share a story/my opinion on Gremlins. Earlier tonight I was playing with my usual buddies 3v3 and my friend decided to mass produce them, just to try something different. I made Banshees, Anders 1 made Wolverines, Anders 2 made a LOT of Gremlins. (At least 30)

My Team: Anders/Regret/Anders
Opponents: Forge/Forge/Anders

Gremlins do really well against vehicles, they have a pretty good range and when in large groups they do a number on buildings. The Y Attack they have (EMP) completely disables vehicles, and allowed me to fly in with Banshees and take out any wolverines before they could fight back, then work together to take out Grizzlies/Cobras the guy had. They also only take up 1 unit, which is nice.

Gremlins are kind of weak though, they have just a little more health than a warthog. Forge's cluster bomb does a lot of damage to them, taking out several most of the time. They are also useless against air units, similar to Hunters.
My army of Grizzlys got spanked by gremlins and upgraded warthogs. Made worse by the cyro bomb that dropped once the emp wore off. However, mass infanty really put the hurt on them gremlins after a carpet bomb ^^
Old 05-31-2009, 09:11 AM   #109
N3XXIS

EOD N3XXlS's Gamercard
rushers are countered kinda easily with a couple of turrets and if your a human i suggest 2-4 tanks no matter who you are, and if your covenant than about 3-4 hunters and same with jackels are a good support, however rushing leaders are hard to deal with, namingly the Prof n Chieftain, but still doable with good teamwork, 1v1 rushers are harder, 3v3 are a piece of cake generally.
Worst ive found now is teams of people going as 3 Cutter's and all mac'ing your base at the start of the game, serious dog tactic.

FYI I realise i posted a while back dogging on boosters, but I stand corrected, they can be easily dealt with, though an army of gause hogs 3 minutes in still makes me rage.

vs

100% Retail Titles:
100% Arcade Titles:

Quote Callum x360a

Last edited by N3XXIS; 05-31-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:44 AM   #110
Wabbytax

Wabbytax's Gamercard
Excellent guide indeed. Kudos to you
Old 07-15-2009, 03:22 AM   #111
k1ll8 saurav

Pretty good guide. Hope you finish it, I've been playing a lot better ever since I read this. I haven't played online much and I don't usually get rushed. Instead, they go completely cheap and mass produce a bunch of Grizzlies, Vultures, and Scarabs.
k1ll8 saurav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:19 PM   #112
miiiguel

SlayerSpecial's Gamercard
I just noticed the guy who did this was banned

As a matter of fact I've seen lots of banned users lately. I'm going horribly off-topic here (though this guy had a lot of work and did a wonderfull job, I should say better - *much!* - than the "official" guide I bought, no BS, this is professional work), but is x360a going through a McCarthy phase?

miiiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #113
The Wallmart

In a game where there is a bonus reactor and you happen to be the Prophet, go ahead and just upgrade him. If you have him flying and beam at least to the second upgrade. You will be able to harass your enemies with little trouble, if they're very inexperienced you should be able to take out their entire base. If they're an average player, have fun taking out reactors. If they're experienced players, and they have covenant this strategy will be crushed. Due to the "Y" or secondary ability of the vampire.
The Wallmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #114
Rs_Zboy506

Rs_Zboy506's Gamercard
This Happened Today 3hrs ago.

I got into 2v2 Game Everyone Sgt Forge. Guy on my Team Left..
1v2 Now..

I started to Play Normally thinking I am gunna be rushed..
10mins Later i was rushed by 6 Grizzies (Wtf) from red guy..
12mins Later i was again rushed by 8 Grizzies (WTF) from the blue guy..
15mins Later I lost my base to right (was teammates base)
18mins Later I lost my Middle Base
23mins Later Lost my North Base
27mins Later they did all out attack I holded them off with 3 spartans 10 grizzies 1 vulture and 2 cobras agaisnt 10 cobras 4 vultures 2 cyclops alot of grizzies.. I won.
30mins Later I lost my Last Base.

Total Exp Gained.. 1000+ I was sad my teammate left.. We would of won if he didn't.
I killed 52 Troops and Lost 33 Troops.. I was out Numbered and Out Gunned I still Killed alot. I used so few Units and I killed/weaken alot of theres.
They gained like 600-700 points lol I won with exp they lost =)
Old 08-17-2009, 08:25 PM   #115
KillTheft Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wallmart View Post
In a game where there is a bonus reactor and you happen to be the Prophet, go ahead and just upgrade him. If you have him flying and beam at least to the second upgrade. You will be able to harass your enemies with little trouble, if they're very inexperienced you should be able to take out their entire base. If they're an average player, have fun taking out reactors. If they're experienced players, and they have covenant this strategy will be crushed. Due to the "Y" or secondary ability of the vampire.
Thus the reason that most Prophet players never upgrade to flying. Of course it isn't as much of a problem when all your opponents are UNSC.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:29 AM   #116
Firemac

How the heck do I counter Prophet in deathmatch?
Firemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #117
Chaos Reaper IV

On the subject of the gremlin, I too thought is was useless, untill i decided to make one for the heck of it. these can disable any vehicle, even spartan hijacked grizzlies, giving the same effect as a cryobomb. a group of these, accompanied by, say, a squadron of hawks, could tear through absolutely anything. They can also disrupt a bases turrets. I suppose it should also be able to disable a scarab as well, but I have not been able to try this because none of my enemies seem to make them.
Chaos Reaper IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:28 AM   #118
Noob Assassin13

Noob Assassin13's Gamercard
Two things: First of all, if you're playing as the Prophet, the Mega Turret is pretty easy to get with his second upgrade and it won't hurt you it all. Second, if you're facing a lot of gauss warthogs, gremlins can actually be pretty useful (assuming you have chain amplifier).
Old 05-02-2010, 07:54 AM   #119
OmegaFM

Omega FM's Gamercard
Here's my little hint to all who loves playing Arbiter (works with other Covenant leaders too).

Semi-rush assassination tactic.
Once you have build a Temple, send your Arbiter to the back of the enemy base. Choose enemy wisely - if you want to get an advantage for your team, send Arbiter to the lowest rank player of your enemies. Every third player usually leaves if his teammates don't help him to defend the base from Arbiter. Also, choose a USNC base, not Covenant as they can defend early.

Don't use Rage mode and don't even look there - your primary objective at that time is to upgrade your Temple, build vehicle depot and start producing locusts.
Call back Arbiter, heal him and send him again to the enemy base when you have like 7 locusts ready. I think you got the strategy by now. When Arbiter reaches the base, send locusts to him and order them to attack reactors or whatever you want.

A lot of players fell by that. Of course, seven locusts are not capable to destroy whole base (sometimes they do, actually) but that's very important as your team got an advantage by that. Enemy team usually sends everything they got to destroy locusts. And you won't hear anything for a long time from the target base owner. I've been trying this tactic for a while, it's ideal if you're playing with your friend.

Just remember you're extremely weak after enemy will destroy your locusts there so prepare for counterattack.
Oh, and you can upgrade your Arbiter so he'll make an assassination being invisible. Sounds like true assassin methods?

P.S. Just think what you fear most yourself. I'd be hate seeing an army of locusts in the back of my base myself.
OmegaFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:59 AM   #120
xliferuinerx

xliferuinerx13's Gamercard
AWESOME the brute rush has worked the best for me so far. gun or sword

https://twitter.com/physical_addict I follow back
xliferuinerx is offline   Reply With Quote