PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Card and Board > Trivial Pursuit
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
pfnorz

pfnorz's Gamercard
Problem with "Bet Your Bottom Dollar"

I finished an F&F game twice, using only betting to get ALL wedges. However, the achievement "Bet Your Bottom Dollar" didn't unlock. Does anyone know what needs to be done specifically? Has anyone else had the same problem?

The first time around I have also used the "betting scores 2x" from the bonus rounds to build up my wedges. In my second round, however, I only used simple betting and never landed on a bonus square. The only thing I did that didn't involve betting was landing on wedge HQs every now and then, missing the answer on purpose.

Last edited by pfnorz; 03-15-2009 at 05:34 PM.
pfnorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
Hayden

Hayden x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Hayden   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   Donator - Level 2   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   Member of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I have done exactly the same and it didn't unlock for me either
Old 03-15-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
S1lent B Deadly

s1lent b deadly's Gamercard
Don't answer "I Know"

Just bet whether they know it or not to get the wedges.

Confused me for a minute too.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
pfnorz

pfnorz's Gamercard
Hm. I have never used "I know". Just "Yes" and "No". Very strange...

Why play a fun game, if a crappy game gives you more GamerScore?
Old 03-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #5
Hashmap

Hashmap's Gamercard
This didn't unlock for me either the first three times I tried it.

I'm not positive if this was the solution, but I was able to unlock it after I deleted the two save files on my hard drive.

Other things I did that could contribute:

-Played a four player game on same controller
-Did not answer a single question correctly for any of the 4 players.
-Never landed on a Bonus tile
-Never exited to dashboard. (just let time run out if you're not sure of the answer)
-Obtained all 6 wedges (not sure if you need to get them all)

Last edited by Hashmap; 03-15-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Hashmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
pfnorz

pfnorz's Gamercard
Many thanks, Hashmap! Deleting my save files did the trick, too.

After deleting the two save files, I didn't change any options but started an F&F game directly. I chose a two-player game and used only betting for both players. Sometimes I couldn't avoid landing on a wedge HQ. But since I missed those questions, it obviously didn't affect the achievement. The achievement unlocked right after I won the the last wedge.

I am not sure whether you have to get ALL the wedges or whether you just have to make sure you win any number of wedges by betting only. At least when I got ALL the wedges just by betting, it unlocked.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #7
Cookie55

Cookie55's Gamercard
I've had the same problem with this one, now need to get out of work and get home to try this out!
Cookie55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #8
DenmonX

DenmonX's Gamercard
I just got this one. Near the end, I accidentally made a correct guess and got part of a wedge. However, I WON the wedge via betting and the achievement still unlocked for me.
DenmonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #9
aussiestatic
Banned User

Same problem for me too.
Ive been getting the triangles to fill up to 3 pieces then I bet the other player will answer wrong, which wins me the wedge.

Done that for all 6 wedges and it didnt unlock.
aussiestatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #10
folkster7

FOLKING CHAOS's Gamercard
Yeah, I don't understand how you are supposed to bet and win the last wegde...when it's down to only one wedge you can't bet anymore cuz only the wedge space is left and you can't bet on those...Doesn't make sense to me.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:34 PM   #11
pfnorz

pfnorz's Gamercard
Yes, you CAN win the last wedge by betting. Just land on the center square, where you can choose any category. Depending on the number you rolled, however, you may not be able to reach the center square. In that case, just go to the wedge HQ and miss the question on purpose.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #12
DEV1L MAY DIE

DEV1L MAY DIE's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
can someone explane in english how to get this.. ive read the guide but i dont know what it means lol, im so confused?

what is betting, how do i win a bet and how do you get the achievement?.. thanks
DEV1L MAY DIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:32 AM   #13
PSonic

PSonic's Gamercard
I have cleared out my saves and played through this twice with no results. Yes, I have only won the wedges through betting. I'm at a loss here...
PSonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:01 AM   #14
xEndriux

xEndriux's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
When you say "win by betting" it means you have to get wedge when you bet or it count also when second player bet (obviously losing so you get the wedge) ?

Seriously 3.0 unlocked 2/20/2012
1st on x360a: Metro Last Light - Metro 2033 - PES2010 - PES2011- FableIII Traitor's Keep - Marvel SSH:TIG Thanos Throwdown

Completed XBLA: 57/57
Completed Retail: 210/212
Completed Retail with DLC: 210/212
GS Completion: 99.98%

xEndriux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #15
mattbirdy1986

mattbirdy_1986's Gamercard
ive done everything mentioned above and still no joy this is the only achievement i need to finish off the game but any ideas what i could do ?
mattbirdy1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:24 PM   #16
mattbirdy1986

mattbirdy_1986's Gamercard
if anyones still having trouble heres what helped me
start a game with 4 players
answer youre questions wrong and make the other 3 players bet ull get it correct, on there turns let the time run out making sure they get it wrong make them bet th'ell get it correct and you bet they'll get it wrong , win all 6 wedges and the achievement will pop
mattbirdy1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:59 PM   #17
Motrahtox

Motrahtox's Gamercard
Its seems a lot of people are having trouble with this ( myself included.)

I just unlocked it and I will break it down Barney style, draw it out on a map in crayon no less for our fellow window lickers.

First and foremost we are playing on facts and friends mode.

I played sharing a controller with one other player (random or a buddy it makes no difference.)

Since its all about you getting the achievement the only time you are betting is when its the other players turn.

You want your player to bet "NO" and make sure the other player answers wrong when it is the other players turn. This will cause you to win the bet.

You want the other player to bet "YES" when it is your turn and you will answer wrong with your player.

You want to win three bets ( 3/4 of a wedge) for each category before completing and winning any full wedges.

You can then continue to win each category keeping in mind to win it by bet. This means you are not going to be answering on any Wedge HQ's.

Usually the other player ends up on Wedge HQ's. If so make sure he answers wrong. To be safe you can disconnect your battery on the controller and it will pause ( only way to stop the clock) and google away.

When it comes to the last category you want the other player to have his turn on the center Trivial Pursuit icon ( where you can choose any category, but in this case the last category) and win by betting.

You will unlock the achievement " Bet your bottom dollar."

I would also suggest not to do any of the "bonus" spots on the board that cause a turn with different stipulations.

Hope this helps everyone.

Last edited by Motrahtox; 04-15-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Motrahtox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:35 AM   #18
erod550

erod550's Gamercard
Regardless of the description which makes it sound like you could get it without winning all the wedges, from my experience you do have to get them all. I accidentally answered a couple questions correctly (guesses on questions I didn't know) to get the first two points on a couple colors and it still unlocked for me.

Make sure you don't quit to the desktop and reload the save if you make a mistake. I think it has something to do with having to reselect whose puck is whose as to why it stops the achievements from unlocking. If you make a mistake and get a wedge by getting a question right, you just have to start over.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:42 AM   #19
MrMascal4

Mr Mascal 77's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Thank you mate, it really does work... hard achievement to get!
200,000 gamerscore on November 19th 2011.
300,000 gamerscore on December 31st 2012.

http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/Mr%20Mascal%2077
http://www.trueachievements.com/Mr+Mascal+77.htm
MrMascal4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:56 PM   #20
Flopsy86

flopsy86's Gamercard
I think you have to get all the wedges in getting this achievement also, it unlocked when I tried doing it that way.

However, it does not matter if you get correct answers in progressing the wedges provided you do not actually win the wedge by getting a question correct.

Hence I tried to get the questions right if the wedge was empty or only quarter full but when it was half or 3/4 full, i switched to progressing the wedge by betting only. The 2nd player assisted me and the achievement unlocked after I fixed the game getting all 6 wedges.

Hope this helps
Flopsy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:26 PM   #21
lern2zhelm

lern2zhelm's Gamercard
I was just about to make a thread about this problem. Apparently deleting the saves had worked for a lot of you guys, I guess I'll try that out. Just for reference, on my 3rd F&F game I went for this achievement and won the pieces by betting Yes and No ONLY. I didn't use "I know", because it even states in the guide that using "I know" will not unlock this achievement.

EDIT: Finally unlocked this bad boy. I followed Motrahtox's set of rules and it unlocked, no problem.

Thanks a ton,
Cheers.

First 1000/1000 - February 5th, 2008 12:36am - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Last edited by lern2zhelm; 06-02-2009 at 02:29 AM.
lern2zhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:15 PM   #22
dzstarr6668

dzstarr6668's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
i had the same problem too!

played the game 3 times, pissed as hell!!

i never answered any questions...so they all were wrong. i played with 1 other character, and as many as 4. i always said they would answer wrong, and didnt pick any, just let it time out.

i did pick i know....if thats what the problem was, boo me..

thanks for the tip!

Last edited by dzstarr6668; 06-19-2009 at 11:28 PM.
dzstarr6668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:44 AM   #23
Pippers

Send a message via AIM to Pippers

Lil Pips's Gamercard
I had major problems on this too until I read this thread.

I finally got it doing this:
1. F&F game, 2 players, shared controller (1 player-Account, 2nd player-"join" as guest)
2. Always stayed near the center; did not hit a SINGLE BONUS EVENT entire game. Did hit 2 Wedge spaces, let time run out on one and guessed horribly wrong on another.
3. On P1 turn, P2 bet Yes, P1 answered wrong.
4. On P2 turn, P1 bet No, P2 answered wrong.
5. Got 3/4 wedges ALL colors before getting any wedge. This isn't bad if you stay in the center. If you are forced to land on a color before you want the wedge, have P1 just bet Yes and P2 answer wrong.
6. After 4 or 5 wedges are obtained, remember, even though you START on the center, you can still end up ON THE CENTER, it makes avoiding the bonus tiles easier.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:19 PM   #24
Sir BadWolf

Wolf Krispies's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbirdy1986 View Post
if anyones still having trouble heres what helped me
start a game with 4 players
answer youre questions wrong and make the other 3 players bet ull get it correct, on there turns let the time run out making sure they get it wrong make them bet th'ell get it correct and you bet they'll get it wrong , win all 6 wedges and the achievement will pop
Worked great... Thanks Matt
Old 08-21-2009, 05:37 PM   #25
JVodka

fozzie bear's Gamercard
so I guess I'll try winning every wedge now.

This game is glitched anyways. I landed on a wedge HQ square, and intentionally let time run out to get it wrong. The game acknowledged my incorrect answer, but awarded the piece to me anyways. I don't mind playing horrible games for achievements, but glitched ones piss me off.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:18 PM   #26
paradoxoflife

ParadoxofLife's Gamercard
Thanks for the tip. Hopefully it does the trick.
paradoxoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #27
GothKarl

GothKarl's Gamercard
I've been trying to get this achievement all day and I'm finding it very frustrating! To anyone one that got this did you get it with or without the update?

GothKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:59 AM   #28
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Just as a reference to those trying to get this in the future. I used the above methods about 4 or 5 times with no achievement popping. I went into my system setting and then into memory. I deleted my two game saves in there. I went back into facts and fiction and then unlocked on my first try. You will know if the save files were deleted correctly, if the tutorials show back up when loading facts and fiction. I hope this is the final answer to anyone having trouble with this glitchy ach. It seems the methods above do work, but only under certain circumstances. Thanks Hasbro for adding 4 hours onto a 4 hour game.

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:00 AM   #29
Chuppernicus

chuppernicus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVodka View Post
so I guess I'll try winning every wedge now.

This game is glitched anyways. I landed on a wedge HQ square, and intentionally let time run out to get it wrong. The game acknowledged my incorrect answer, but awarded the piece to me anyways. I don't mind playing horrible games for achievements, but glitched ones piss me off.
That happened to me. Thought I was losing it. I was watching Boondock Saints while playing and I thought I had somehow answered correctly even though I always let time run out.

-Insert something creative here-
( that doesn't include stats that no one really cares about or some poorly photoshop'd image with your name stuck in it. )

Chuppernicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #30
A ZombieTwinkie

A ZombieTwinkie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I had to try it twice. And the only reason was because I answered a question and got the Wedge not on a bet. It sucked, because I only needed one wedge, too.

But on the second time around, I had no problem what-so-ever getting the Achievement. It popped right after I got the final wedge on a bet.

*Props to G A C K T for the awesome sig*

A ZombieTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote