PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Card and Board > Trivial Pursuit
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-21-2010, 10:43 AM   #31
Chathams Finest

Chathams Finest's Gamercard
Just got it! Took me many tries of deleting my saved games and trying with 2 controllers and 4 controllers, answering questions and not answering questions. But what finally worked was DELETING ALL of the trivial pursuit files, the tv and movie packs and starting fresh. Then not answering any questions at all and letting the time run out, using the above stratey of selecting no and yes at the appropriate times with 2 controllers and worked first try!!!
Chathams Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #32
Nosferatx

NosferaTx's Gamercard
All I know is I have tried 6 times every way that is supposed to be done. Even turning off the auto save and erasing the file... And you know what... Nothing... 3 days off and on and I am about to break this disk... The achievo is glitched period...
Nosferatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:10 PM   #33
master_shake_350

Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashmap View Post
This didn't unlock for me either the first three times I tried it.

I'm not positive if this was the solution, but I was able to unlock it after I deleted the two save files on my hard drive.

Other things I did that could contribute:

-Played a four player game on same controller
-Did not answer a single question correctly for any of the 4 players.
-Never landed on a Bonus tile
-Never exited to dashboard. (just let time run out if you're not sure of the answer)
-Obtained all 6 wedges (not sure if you need to get them all)
I am going to try this later on today (after I have had some sleep) because like most people here I have done it twice with no luck.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #34
AlRajul

Al Rajul's Gamercard
It didn't unlock for me the first time, but it did the second. The only difference between the two was that my second time I mixed in some correct answers (just making sure I actually won the wedge by betting).
AlRajul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:24 AM   #35
EisenFaustZeta
Banned User

EisenFaustZeta's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEndriux View Post
When you say "win by betting" it means you have to get wedge when you bet or it count also when second player bet (obviously losing so you get the wedge) ?
What in god's name are you talking about? I tried that method, but the achievement doesn't unlock. That is the last achievement I haven't gotten, yet. Maybe it is not in the game?
EisenFaustZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:40 AM   #36
sparks582

GBALLER23's Gamercard
some very useful tips guys thanks. I deleted my save games and played offline and cleared my cache for this game and finally got this achievement to pop on my first attempt after i tried 3 or 4 times before online and had not deleted my save files.

Last edited by sparks582; 03-20-2011 at 01:42 AM.
sparks582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #37
Robsyuk25

Send a message via MSN to Robsyuk25

Robsyuk25's Gamercard
Ive spent all day trying this one. i mean literally 8hrs, I've deleted I've used 4 players and still nothing. I was just about to burn the disc and realised I haven't tried two controllers yet. will try that and if it fails I will be proper annoyed.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:22 PM   #38
Robsyuk25

Send a message via MSN to Robsyuk25

Robsyuk25's Gamercard
I found playing with one controller it never showed me the stats at the bottom. with two controllers it would say rob 100% player 2 100Wrong.. Achievement popped - for player two !!! FFS
Old 08-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #39
Sigmund666

Tinsigmund666's Gamercard
Don't get this at all. From what I understand you have to do this (for instance):

I am player 1 (want the cheevos), I get a player 2 on one and the same controller. (not another profile logged on)

I get a question, I get the question if player 2 would know the answer, I press "No", thus B. I play retarded and braindead Timmy, I give a wrong answer as player 2 to a question, Player 1 (the one who wants the cheevos) has won the bet.

When Player 2 does the same thing, instead she presses X because Player 1 wants the cheevo's, knows the question, am I doing it correct?

I won all the wedges, hit a bonus tile once, but all the way every time I bet player 2 had it wrong I got a wedge part by guessing right. So. WTF am I doing wrong? This shit saddens me
Sigmund666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:52 AM   #40
Egg Life

Egg Life's Gamercard
ARRRGGH!!! Just went through the whole game, had all the wedges but one. Had no option but to take the Wedge HQ with my profile player.

So, to prevent any points being earned i let time run out.. AND THE GAME GAVE ME THE WEDGE. Grrrr..

Now I has to do it all again :'(
Egg Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:30 AM   #41
AWC GOTTI

AWC GOTTI's Gamercard
this always throws me off. correct me if am wrong. after you win a wedge its the other players turn? right?
AWC GOTTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:30 AM   #42
exvcardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbirdy1986 View Post
if anyones still having trouble heres what helped me
start a game with 4 players
answer youre questions wrong and make the other 3 players bet ull get it correct, on there turns let the time run out making sure they get it wrong make them bet th'ell get it correct and you bet they'll get it wrong , win all 6 wedges and the achievement will pop
this worked and took maybe 10 minutes, REALLY thank you
Backyard Sports: Sandlot Sluggers, Fallout 3 (1550/1550), Trivial Pursuit, NCAA Football 13, Lego Pirates, Madden NFL 11, Madden NFL 09, Tiger Woods 09, NCAA Football 09, Call of Duty 4, LEGO Batman, LEGO Indiana Jones, NHL 2K8 (960/1000, glitched) Madden NFL 08, The BIGS, TMNT, Avatar: TLA: TBE

100% XBLA:
Harms Way, 3 on 3 NHL arcade, Scrabble,
Dash of Destruction, Sealife Safari, UNO, Track & Field

exvcardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:31 PM   #43
ScottieElisabeth

Send a message via AIM to ScottieElisabeth Send a message via MSN to ScottieElisabeth Send a message via Yahoo to ScottieElisabeth

BadWolfTommie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Submit - Silver   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motrahtox View Post
Its seems a lot of people are having trouble with this ( myself included.)

I just unlocked it and I will break it down Barney style, draw it out on a map in crayon no less for our fellow window lickers.

First and foremost we are playing on facts and friends mode.

I played sharing a controller with one other player (random or a buddy it makes no difference.)

Since its all about you getting the achievement the only time you are betting is when its the other players turn.

You want your player to bet "NO" and make sure the other player answers wrong when it is the other players turn. This will cause you to win the bet.

You want the other player to bet "YES" when it is your turn and you will answer wrong with your player.

You want to win three bets ( 3/4 of a wedge) for each category before completing and winning any full wedges.

You can then continue to win each category keeping in mind to win it by bet. This means you are not going to be answering on any Wedge HQ's.

Usually the other player ends up on Wedge HQ's. If so make sure he answers wrong. To be safe you can disconnect your battery on the controller and it will pause ( only way to stop the clock) and google away.

When it comes to the last category you want the other player to have his turn on the center Trivial Pursuit icon ( where you can choose any category, but in this case the last category) and win by betting.

You will unlock the achievement " Bet your bottom dollar."

I would also suggest not to do any of the "bonus" spots on the board that cause a turn with different stipulations.

Hope this helps everyone.
Thumbs up to this guy. After several times of trying and failing at betting-only, tried this ONCE after deleting my save files and it worked like a charm.

100% Arcade [34] | 100% Retail [26]
20k on 12/19/10 | 30k on 06/27/11 | 40k on 06/16/12 | 50k on 06/30/13 | 60k on 06/20/14

Sig courtesy of DethHolly.
ScottieElisabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:50 PM   #44
mojoyoyo

mojoyoyo's Gamercard
worked for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motrahtox View Post
Its seems a lot of people are having trouble with this ( myself included.)

I just unlocked it and I will break it down Barney style, draw it out on a map in crayon no less for our fellow window lickers.

First and foremost we are playing on facts and friends mode.

I played sharing a controller with one other player (random or a buddy it makes no difference.)

Since its all about you getting the achievement the only time you are betting is when its the other players turn.

You want your player to bet "NO" and make sure the other player answers wrong when it is the other players turn. This will cause you to win the bet.

You want the other player to bet "YES" when it is your turn and you will answer wrong with your player.

You want to win three bets ( 3/4 of a wedge) for each category before completing and winning any full wedges.

You can then continue to win each category keeping in mind to win it by bet. This means you are not going to be answering on any Wedge HQ's.

Usually the other player ends up on Wedge HQ's. If so make sure he answers wrong. To be safe you can disconnect your battery on the controller and it will pause ( only way to stop the clock) and google away.

When it comes to the last category you want the other player to have his turn on the center Trivial Pursuit icon ( where you can choose any category, but in this case the last category) and win by betting.

You will unlock the achievement " Bet your bottom dollar."

I would also suggest not to do any of the "bonus" spots on the board that cause a turn with different stipulations.

Hope this helps everyone.
Perfect solution!!

Only have to add, that, if this method doesn't work itself, then clear the system cache (don't update and play offline) and erase from the hard drive the saves you have, including the movie pack.
Then try again!!

It's important, that, the best way to avoid the bonus spots, and the Wedge HQ's, is to keep filling every cathegory, more or less, at the same time...if you focus in one cathegory until win the Wedge, it dissapears from the table, increasing the probabilities of landing in bonus spots, etc...

Worked for me in the first attempt, making the erase part...I didn't try directly.

It's not imposible to obtain, simply a little glitchy...it's an achievement with so many probablities that make it didn't pop.

Good luck to everyone!!!
mojoyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote