PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-16-2009, 03:17 AM   #1
DefJamV

DefJamV x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Resident Evil 5 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Contents:

1. Do you think one of your achievements have glitched on you?
(all achievement related issues)

2. Have any questions about the shiny shiny things, aka Treasure?
(all treasure related questions)

3. Struggling to get the infinite ammo perk to unlock?
(all infinite ammo related issues)

4. No idea how to find that final, pesky badge? Or how to obtain a certain something?
(all collectable related issues)

Have any questions about how the difficulty system works in this game?
(all difficulty related issues)

Don't you have any questions that fit those specific criteria's?
(all other issues not covered in its own section)

7. Have a question which this FAQ hasn't answered, and hasn't been found through the search function?

Do you think one of your achievements have glitched on you?

Is there an achievement guide on this site?
No idea how you missed it, its stickied lol. Its right here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=131409

I have shot the driver from the truck when i cross the bridge that is full of barrels, yet the Drive-by achievement didn't unlock!
This achievement can only be unlocked on the level where you fire from the back of the vehicle.

I have purchased all the weapons, yet the Stockpile achievement didn't unlock!
You need to find all three types of grenade's, and at least one proximity mine, and you also require to own every weapon at one given time. If you have purchased a weapon, sold it and then neglected to rebuy it, thinking you didn't have to, then you are wrong.

I have found all 4 types of egg, and yet the Egg Collector achievement didn't unlock!
In order to unlock this achievement you must have all 4 eggs in your posession at one time, you must also be in the organization screen.

Me and a my partner just killed a Majini with a 3-hit melee combo, yet The Works achievement did not unlock!
The only player who will get the achievement is the player that delivers the final blow.

Have any questions about the shiny shiny things, aka Treasure?

Oh i am so close to finding every treasure, but there is one or two that i cannot find, can you help?
No, but this guide can: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=133813

If i sell a piece of treasure, will it still count towards the achievement?
Yes it will, you do not need to have every piece of treasure at one time, it is not like the Stockpile achievement.

I cannot find that Marquise Diamond, there isn't a shiny object to shoot or anything!
Well, you have to shoot the large rock to the right of the weak bridge, the rock will fall and Chris can climb over the debri once he falls down, to reach the Diamond.

Struggling to get the infinite ammo perk to activate?

I have unlocked infinite ammo, and i have hosted/joined a game which has the infinite ammo option on, but it hasn't worked!
In order to have infinite ammo, you must first buy the infinite ammo option for a gun through the Bonus option in the Play Game menu. You then have to turn the infinite ammo option on through the Special option in the same menu. When you join a game, make sure you have the weapon you purchased the rights for infinite ammo in your loadout.

When i go to the Bonus Features option, there aren't any options for infinite ammo!?
To unlock the option for infinite ammo for a certain weapon, you must first have fully upgraded that weapon in the past.

Will i still earn achievements while using infinite ammo?
Yes, activating the infinite ammo perk does not affect achievements, that includes War Hero.

No idea how to find that final, pesky badge? Or how to obtain a certain something?

I cannot find the BSAA emblem's, i am simply not observant enough!
No worries, there are guides.

Video guide: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=131999

Text guide: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=131117

I cannot find that elusive oval topaz or *instert treasure here*. Can you help me please?
Sure, check this guide for detailed locations:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=133813

Can i quit a level as soon as i find the final badge i need? Or must i play through the level?
You can simply quit once you find a badge, however you will need to save. Incase you do not know how to force a save, simply reach a checkpoint and quit.

I cannot find the Gattling Gun/Longbow, where is it?
To unlock these guns you must first complete Chapter 6-1, then you must fully upgrade the Skorpion ZV61 for the Gattling Gun and S75 bolt action rifle for the Longbow.

I have S ranks for x amount of chapters on Amateur, however i also have S ranks for x amount of chapter on Normal, must i complete the remaining chapters on the difficulties mentioned above to unlock the figuirine?
No, an S rank is an S rank, the difficulty does not matter.

I have heard people talk about a game mode called "The Mercenaries". How do i unlock it?
To unlock The Mercenaries simply complete the game on any difficulty.

I have unlocked infinite ammo, yet when i buy a rocklet launcher, it dissapears after one shot.
In order to unlock the infinite rocket launcher you must have a total play time of under 5 hours for a single difficulty. Once you unlock the infinite RPG, you do not need to buy it from Bonus Features

Have any questions about how the difficulty system works in this game?

I played the game through on a low difficulty setting, if i start a new game on Veteran/Professional, will my equipment carry over?
Yes, the game even tells you that all current Equipment/Status will carry over when you attempt to start a new game!

Do the difficulty achievements stack, if i play through on Professional will i also unlock the achievements for Veteran, Normal and Amateur?
Yup, they sure do! You must beat Veteran to unlock Professional, although there are some ways around that...

I do not want to play through this game on Veteran, only to have to play it through again on Professional for the full 1000G. Is there a way to unlock Professional right away?
Yes, there is. Simply join a friends game who is on professional and complete the chapter, you should then be able to select the professional difficulty through chapter select afterwards.

Don't you have any questions that fit those specific criteria's?

I have upgraded the Skorpion's capacity to 200, the green bar is full yet i can upgrade it further, is this a glitch? Will the game ever recognize it as being fully upgraded? Am i doomed to never get the Crowd Control Achievement?
Do not worry, the Skorpion carries on to have a maximum capacity of 300 rounds, you will be able to get the Gattling gun and the achievement that follows ^.^

What is the fastest way to gain exchange points?
Well, the fastest way is to SS rank any stage on The Mercenaries, as this will net you 5,000 points in around 5-6 minuites. SS ranking The Mercenaries is no easy task, so here is some info on points earned through S ranking story chapters.

Amateur - 1,000 points
Normal - 1,500 points
Veteran - 2,000 points
Professional - 2,500 points

Another easy way to gain points is to constantly play through chapter 6-2, and use the rocket launcher to instantly kill that certain particular.

Have a question which this FAQ hasn't answered, and hasn't been found through the search function?

Well that depends, where is this so called "search function?
It is here:

Yes!

Then well done, i am sure you will become a valuable member of this community, you may go ahead and make a topic regarding your question now!

Last edited by DefJamV; 03-23-2009 at 02:56 AM.
DefJamV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:34 AM   #2
GaMeReVX

GaMeReVX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I seriously approve of this FAQ! ^^;;;

Thanks for all the Q & A's DefJamV

Gears of War 3 Video Collectibles Guide
Resident Evil 5 Video Emblem Guide

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/gamerevx
AotG: 1st to beat on Hard/US & Team to 200.
My 1st achievement guide!

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
GaMeReVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
Jaystar
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Jaystar Send a message via Skype™ to Jaystar

iTz Jaystar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Great work so far! It could use some more Questions though. Good work though.
Jaystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
ChillcoRE

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Looking good so far, I'm sure that it will lengthen as time goes on.

100% Retail

Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Bioshock, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Fallout 3 PC, Fight Night Round 3, Left 4 Dead, Lego Indiana Jones, Lost, Oblivion, TMNT

100% Arcade
Dash of Destruction, Portal: Still Alive, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Soul Calibur
ChillcoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #5
IC3 L3G3ND

DoTP Tamiyo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I'll try help to put some more work in when i get off from work but great work so far and this should be stickied
IC3 L3G3ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
xgonscm2

xenon ghost's Gamercard
hey good job, i love your signature too, she is an ammo stealer..
Old 03-16-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
Acejunky

Selling Weapons

I was wonder9 slots are full u cant carry anything elseing if you sell ur weapons do u still get the stock pileing achievement because once those
Acejunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #8
C4PON3

C4PON3's Gamercard
Nice FAQ, but you do realise that you can't even play professional mode until you've done Veteran, right?

So the whole 'If I play proffesional mode will my achievements stack?' one doesn't make sense.

Neither does playing through veteran/professional after playing through on a lower difficulty setting.

Hate to be picky, but it might stop some new players getting confused when they can't find professional mode.
C4PON3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #9
xgonscm2

xenon ghost's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4PON3 View Post
Nice FAQ, but you do realise that you can't even play professional mode until you've done Veteran, right?

So the whole 'If I play proffesional mode will my achievements stack?' one doesn't make sense.

Neither does playing through veteran/professional after playing through on a lower difficulty setting.

Hate to be picky, but it might stop some new players getting confused when they can't find professional mode.
if you play co-op with someone who already has pro unlocked you can play with them & piggy back all of the difficulty achievements with them.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:50 PM   #10
STONE DEVIL

STONE DEVIL's Gamercard
thanks

Thanks man
STONE DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:51 PM   #11
C4PON3

C4PON3's Gamercard
Ah I see. Apologies.
C4PON3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:42 AM   #12
xLUNCHTREYx

I LUNCHTREY I's Gamercard
great FAQ man, thanks.

xLUNCHTREYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:37 AM   #13
zeroxdelta

ShadowColossusX's Gamercard
Thanks, helps a lot. Anyone who has Pro difficulty unlocked, could I join your game so I can unlock it as well? Send me a message if possible. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #14
fletchy666

Send a message via MSN to fletchy666

Fletchy666's Gamercard
wow, it actually helped,
FAQ's usually don't at all for me.

so thanks!
fletchy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #15
R6soldier

R6soldier's Gamercard
great FAQ...keep up the good work
R6soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #16
JRJ3 x360a

xXxJ03Y003xXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
I agree with everyone here, great FAQ. Should clear a lot of things up for people as theres an awful lot of threads going round on how do you do this, how do you do that etc. Well done dude.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #17
Monster Sword

Monster Sword's Gamercard
I didn't see it so sorry if it has already been asked. To unlock the unlimited rocket launcher you need to beat the game under 5h, but does the difficulty matters ? thanks !
Monster Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #18
Jayzinator

nope difficulty can be anything so u could sprint thru it on amateur and get the infinite rockets and blast your way thru veteran and professional
Jayzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:07 PM   #19
Joecrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acejunky View Post
I was wonder9 slots are full u cant carry anything elseing if you sell ur weapons do u still get the stock pileing achievement because once those
no, I don't think so. You need to have one of every item in your inventory. When I bought all the guns I was missing a flash grenade in my actual inventory, but they were once in my inventory so I would assume you need to have them all at once.
Joecrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:00 PM   #20
IIMUFCStephenII

IIMUFCStephenII's Gamercard
I was just wonderin, the Vz61 i think its called, looks like a scorpion from COD 4, the capacity, how much does it upgrade to? I have upgraded the full green bar of that but I can still upgrade it?
IIMUFCStephenII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #21
DarkRedSky

DarkRedSky's Gamercard
It's is an improvement from RE4 now that your gear carries over to other difficulties. Thanks for the FAQ!
DarkRedSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:06 PM   #22
XxBlueSpade2xX

exoroughneck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Great job.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:21 PM   #23
martdude16

KILL3R N4SH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
That's awesome, it will sure clear things up for alot of people.

martdude16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:11 PM   #24
FireWarrior316

FireWarrior316's Gamercard
I was wondering if anyone can tell me some good areas to find flash grenades. I had one but managed to only kill one enemy with it. I can't seem to find anymore.
FireWarrior316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:51 PM   #25
rancid shyster

rancid shyster's Gamercard
There is also an SS rank in mercanaries which gives you 5000 exchange points
rancid shyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:13 AM   #26
SideDish120

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Good Stuff DefJam!
Always good stuff from you
SideDish120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:54 AM   #27
DefJamV

DefJamV x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideDish120 View Post
Good Stuff DefJam!
Always good stuff from you
thanks everyone

DefJamV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:56 AM   #28
ChiefBurner_3_SE

BumbleBeexCBx3B's Gamercard
I probably sure someone may have answered this, but once the Infinite Rocket Launcher is unlocked how much does it cost to get from the buy menu???

Also what are the easiest levels to speed up on amatuer because I'm currently at 6 hours, 9 minutes and 32 seconds, that's the current total so far.

I love TA as well as xbox360achievements.

Games 100% Completed:
I currently have 21 completed games according to TrueAchievements (19 retail and 2 arcade titles)

Last edited by ChiefBurner_3_SE; 03-18-2009 at 08:01 AM.
ChiefBurner_3_SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:55 AM   #29
SevDelta

SevDelta's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBurner_3_SE View Post
I probably sure someone may have answered this, but once the Infinite Rocket Launcher is unlocked how much does it cost to get from the buy menu???

Also what are the easiest levels to speed up on amatuer because I'm currently at 6 hours, 9 minutes and 32 seconds, that's the currently total so far.
For the Infinite Rocket Launcher, there's no purchasing of anything required. Once you get it, you have it.
SevDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:02 AM   #30
ChiefBurner_3_SE

BumbleBeexCBx3B's Gamercard
Sweet and thanks, also can that weapons kill reaper(s) or any other common ememy with one shot because those a**holes are a pain in the ass the reapers are I mean and others are just problematic at best.

I love TA as well as xbox360achievements.

Games 100% Completed:
I currently have 21 completed games according to TrueAchievements (19 retail and 2 arcade titles)

ChiefBurner_3_SE is offline   Reply With Quote