PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Card and Board > Trivial Pursuit
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
LeMansFahrer

LeMansFahrer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
a very EASY way to get 1000GS

I found this out while trying to get my last two achievements, getting all objectives and getting a x10 multiplier on every catagory. These were two achievements that were impossible for me to get. One of the objectives is to get a x10 multiplier and answering the final question correctly on the first try. This is how it works.

1) Get a piece of paper and pen and write in columms the colours and numbers from 1 to 11 next to it leaving enough space to write the answers next to the numbers. Example:
Red 1) _______________________________ Blue 1)
2) ______________________________________ 2)
3) ______________________________________ 3)
) ________________________________________ )
) ________________________________________ )
11) ____________________________________ 11)

2) Start a NEW game (CTB)
3) The aim of this round is NOT to loose any blocks. If you land on a so called corner, DONīT answer it correctly. Just let the time pass and it will be wrong.
4) At this stage the AUTO SAVE is on.
5) Throw the first Dice and choose a question where you are best at. You need to get the first question correctly, so you must NOT throw a 6. If it is, leave and start a new game.
6) After your first succesfully answered question, you return ready to thrw the next Dice. Next to it was a coloured circle that indicated that your first answer was saved. Now go to OPTIONS and turn OFF Auto Save.
7) If your first question was Red, write the answer next to the RED 1) and mark it so that you know that you have already answered it and was saved.
8) Now just keep on going for all questions, remember NOT to remove any blocks. Write down ALL the answers for ALL colours.
9) Once you have answered all, you should have only the six corners left and on your paper you must have 9 answers in each catagory (colour). When you start the game, your multiplier is on x1 and increases with every correct answer in that catagory. x1 plus the 9 questions that you wrote down gives you the x10 multiplier that you need for the achievement.
10) Continue with the game and go on the corners by answering wrong the next two times and writing the answer down by number 10) and 11).
11) now go back to the Dashboard and reload the game.
12) go to Continue Game and load it. You should have on the top left corner 200 points which means 1 question answered correctly. I turned OFF Auto Save again just incase I make a mistake while playing.
13) Now just continue playing each catagory but answering correctly seeing that you wrote down the answers. Example again:
If you go on yellow, your first question will be the same first yellow question that you received the first time when you played it. Seeing that you wrote down the answer next to YELLOW 1), you can now give the correct one to be able to climb up to x2 multiplier. Continue again until ALL colours are on x10 multiplier. This is not difficult because you know all the answers.
14) Now go and turn Auto Save ON.
15) You wrote down 11 answers for each colour but only have used 9 so far. They are: 10) for answering the so called corners. (The part where tiles get removed after giving the correct answer). When all are removed, you get the Final "Master" question which is random. It can be from any colour, thats why you wrote 11 answers seeing that the final Question will need answer 11) that you wrote down all depending on the color that got chosen.

The game is over and it saved the objectives. (Thats why you needed to turn Auto Save ON). You can now check which ones you need to complete the rest which are not that difficult seeing that you can use the above way for any game or objective that you need. Donīt forget that every new game has different questions, so that you need to repeat the above if you are going for something else. Doing the above mentioned method, most achievements have already been unlocked the rest is easy. For the other two game modes, you can use the same way if you please.

I tried this on a new account starting from 0 points. It took 3 hours and 5 minutes to complete it for 1000GS.

TIPS:

After every x10 multiplier I got I saved my game by throwing the dice and before I choose my next colour I turned Auto Save ON. After answering the next question it saves. Then I turned auto save OFF again. This saves alot of time in case that you make a mistake later on to prevent you from starting from question number 2. Just make sure that you answer it correctly.

I hope this helps some people that are stuck with some achievements like I was not wanting to check the internet for hours or days.

Last edited by LeMansFahrer; 03-16-2009 at 08:41 PM.
LeMansFahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
HE4VENSENT

WastingAeons's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
thanks will try this out.

HE4VENSENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
anthonyd46

Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
so far this is working to a point. I did the write the answers down and when i reload i get the same q's not in the same order but i do get the same q's. However, theres two things that have killed me so far. 1. Theres a question asking where the tasminan devil habitats and it gives you a map. Theres a marker above australia, a marker in australia and one below. The first time i selected the one in australia and it said wrong and said top was correct. Second time i selected top and it said wrong bottom was correct that makes no sense. Anyway another thing that can kil you is if you get stuck between two pies and no where else to go because if u get one of those wrong then it takes a point off and theres limited points avaliable.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #4
Terror_racer_nl

Send a message via MSN to Terror_racer_nl

terror racer nl's Gamercard
Old 03-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #5
anthonyd46

Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Just got it i can confirm this works and def should be added to the ach guide when one is up. Just to add he also had a tip about autosaving then turning it off everytime u got a x10 that helped me alot. All the questions were the same for me except for the final question which asked what book the forbidden kingdom is based off of and it was journey to the west. 1000G
Old 03-17-2009, 07:33 AM   #6
Vivi

BlackMageV1V1's Gamercard
wouldnt you need more than 11? If you have no choice but to land on a headquarter spot it will clear all of that color before you get a 10X for it. Its near impossible to land on every "other" space before being forced to land on at least 1 headquarter spot.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #7
Vivi

........(sigh) every time I play I am forced to land on a headquater space sooner or later..and if you get it from your multiplier goes down. Is there a way to prevent landing on hq spaces?
Old 03-17-2009, 08:11 AM   #8
anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
........(sigh) every time I play I am forced to land on a headquater space sooner or later..and if you get it from your multiplier goes down. Is there a way to prevent landing on hq spaces?
That is avodied by autosaving every couple turns then turning it back off
Old 03-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #9
Vivi

for some strange reason I got all the colors multipliers up to 10X, but orange only went up to 9X.

I didnt get any questions wrong either. Is this normal?
Old 03-17-2009, 10:10 AM   #10
YouStayClassy

YouStayCla55y's Gamercard
Quote:
for some strange reason I got all the colors multipliers up to 10X, but orange only went up to 9X.

Yes, you have to keep answering questions in the center tile to get the full 10x per category if you're missing any from the board. I don't know why that happens sometimes.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #11
LeMansFahrer

LeMansFahrer's Gamercard

Quote:

Something most of gone wrong by you because every colour has 9 questions making it a x10 multiplier if you answered all questions correctly. Mostprobably during the game you got one question wrong and didnīt notice it. Check on the board if you have any in red marked " X ", that means you answered that one wrong.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #12
Vivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansFahrer View Post
Something most of gone wrong by you because every colour has 9 questions making it a x10 multiplier if you answered all questions correctly. Mostprobably during the game you got one question wrong and didnīt notice it. Check on the board if you have any in red marked " X ", that means you answered that one wrong.
yah I didnt see any red X's. Oh well I'm going to try it again.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #13
Vivi

I think it happened because I cleared a HQ space after I hade a 10X on it and still had blank spaces on the board because it just happened again with Red.

Gah...these achievements are annoying.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #14
LeMansFahrer

LeMansFahrer's Gamercard

Yes that could of happened. Thats why I did mention that you should not remove any tiles. The good thing is mostprobably that you wonīt do the same mistake twice. Best of Luck and have fun
Old 03-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #15
DenmonX

DenmonX's Gamercard
Thanks, got both of them using this.
DenmonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #16
bradman12

PreparedBrad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
seems like it would be faster. i was just answering them and if i got it wrong, i open the disc tray and reload it :-) i missed one question out of the 60 because i did the wedge first...

bradman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:28 PM   #17
LH Cerberus

ll w i k u ll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
***** works great *****
Old 03-21-2009, 10:50 PM   #18
vegetable lasagna

vegtble lasagna's Gamercard
so, if you land on a wedge without any other choice, if you answer it wrong you dont get the 100%, then if you answer it correctly you can't get the 10x...so either way you have to restart?

(edit: maybe I should take a lil more time and read the top posts more carefully eh?)

Last edited by vegetable lasagna; 03-21-2009 at 11:18 PM.
vegetable lasagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:11 PM   #19
reddevil63

Mumbo Jumbo UK's Gamercard
Having the same problem, keep hitting wedge HQ's when writing answers down. Can't seem to avoid them.

Maybe good idea to get so far without hitting HQ's then autosave then turn it off and continue on.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:43 PM   #20
goothgone

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil63 View Post
Having the same problem, keep hitting wedge HQ's when writing answers down. Can't seem to avoid them.

Maybe good idea to get so far without hitting HQ's then autosave then turn it off and continue on.
^ thats what im doing right now
EDIT: GOT IT

Last edited by goothgone; 03-27-2009 at 06:43 PM.
goothgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:15 AM   #21
reddevil63

Mumbo Jumbo UK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by goothgone View Post
^ thats what im doing right now
EDIT: GOT IT
Did you still get the same questions the second time through even with auto-saving every now and then?
Old 03-29-2009, 11:59 AM   #22
Womi

Send a message via ICQ to Womi

Womi's Gamercard
Worked 100% for me, even the order of the questions was correct
Womi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:24 AM   #23
LeMansFahrer

LeMansFahrer's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil63 View Post
Did you still get the same questions the second time through even with auto-saving every now and then?
Yes, the questions always stay the same. The game chooses what question right in the biginning of the game and will remain the same until its over.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #24
TOBY DA THUG

TOBY 1K NO BE's Gamercard
I just tried this... but it doesnt seem to work anymore. when I loaded my game back up. all the squares had been used, as if auto save was still on... but it wasnt!?

EDIT: never mind, it does still work but you have to go back to dashboard first, didnt realise

Last edited by TOBY DA THUG; 04-27-2009 at 04:34 PM.
TOBY DA THUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:34 PM   #25
CNash

cnash85's Gamercard
If I land on a Wedge HQ when writing the questions down, is the question I get on the Wedge HQ one of the ones that will be asked again when I reload the game, and should I write it down?

Retail:
Bully: Scholarship Edition / Need for Speed: Rivals / Warriors Orochi 3 / Far Cry 3

Arcade:
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon / Scott Pilgrim (+DLC) / Outland / SVC: Streets of Rage
CNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:22 AM   #26
ProjectSix

Send a message via MSN to ProjectSix

ProjectSix's Gamercard
Thanks a lot dude. This helped me finish 1k.

If you happen to accidentally land on a wedge HQ while writing questions down, that question will come up in order when you play to get them right. It isn't strictly a wedge HQ question. An easier way is to just play and keep writing down answers in order, wedge HQ or not, as they'll come up in the same order. You should need a total of 12 for each color when you play to get them right. Just make sure you don't answer a wedge HQ question when accidentally landing on it to get answers because if you get it right and it takes all those tiles away, you probably won't have enough answers for that category yet.

Hope that made sense
Old 05-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #27
DollarBill04

DollarBill04's Gamercard
Ill definetly give this a try later. Looks effective.
DollarBill04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:04 PM   #28
unkled20

unkled20's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
A huge thanks to the OP!! This worked like a charm!
unkled20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:29 AM   #29
jeffy x360a

jeffy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Very sweet trick i messed it up the first time i didnt realize auto save turned back on after the reset heh. None the less it workd like a charm got all the objective achieves, max out, know too much, and it actually help me get the personal best since i wiped the floor with my first score.

thanks again
jeffy x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #30
AcedZero

BaldCamaroStud's Gamercard
I made an Excel spreadsheet to help keep things a bit neater when doing this. I'll upload it, I made 2 versions, one for Excel 2007, and anohter one for all versions prior. Hopefully someone will find them as useful as I did.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Trivial Pursuit Answer Cheat Sheets.zip (12.8 KB, 216 views)

Friend Requests sent without a message will be deleted.

Last edited by AcedZero; 07-22-2009 at 08:09 PM.
AcedZero is offline   Reply With Quote