PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #1
xXxfa7alxXx

XxXxFaTaLxXxX's Gamercard
Versus DLC Info Released

Slayers

This game plays very similarly to Mercenaries, but with players competing against each other to get the highest score from the onslaught of infected souls and B.O.W.s. A “handicap” system helps the player with the lowest score by doubling the points they are awarded (though this doesn’t apply to Combo bonuses in Slayers). Time Bonus and Combo Bonus rules apply as before, with item locations and enemy types remaining the same. Indeed, you can use all of the maps and details from the Mercenaries section to aid you in your Slayers game.

During a Slayers match, players will only take 70% of usual damage from enemies. This should be balanced against the scarcity of healing items and the additional threat of damage from other players. That threat exists because players can also be included in the chain of kills as part of a running combo count. If you defeat another player during a combo, their worth will be calculated as if they were a boss enemy with regard to bonus scoring potential (+4,000 points as a 9th kill, for example, or +5,000 as a 22nd kill).

The game ends when the timer expires. If any player dies before the counter reaches zero, they lose points and will reappear elsewhere on the map to carry on playing (randomly, you may spawn in the heat of battle or next to a boss). There is no limit to the number of times you can die, though you shouldn’t expect much of a score if it happens too often.

The Difficulty Grade reacts to the performance of the participants. Most players will be battling at Grade 6 (equivalent to Normal difficulty) but the leading player must endure Grade 10, the highest rank of Professional difficulty. This makes little difference in terms of combat resolution, as Grade has no effect on damage multipliers in Versus mode, although you will find that it does affect factors such as context-action input windows.

Survivors

Basics: This game variant is all about player-versus-player action. There are still aggressive creatures present, making the arenas more challenging, but their frequency has been reduced, although they still provide a moderate threat and distraction from the real task at hand. Combos no longer play a role, as the points you score are directly accrued from dealing damage to other players. There are no points for killing monsters. Importantly, you must also strive to avoid taking any damage yourself, as you now have a price on your own head.

Each player starts with just a basic firearm, and will therefore want to act quickly to pick up more powerful weapons from the playing field. Every map has different possible configurations of weapon and item allocation, and you can also acquire weapons from boss enemies, so use our hints to help you to quickly assess the right strategy for each instance.

During a Survivors match, the player takes only 50% damage from Majini and other creatures, and in turn inflicts 150% damage. Those enemies also have a 100% drop rate for random loot, thus serving as additional ammo and health supplies when the existing map stock has been plundered or cut off. This can include Eggs, both Rotten (which count as ammo) and health-giving.

The weapons you find in Survivors are upgraded to the same level as those found in Mercenaries mode. Together, they represent the various ranges of encounter. The shotgun is a close-quarters ambush weapon while the rifle demands distance. The magnum is for sharpshooting at medium range.

The Scoring System: In a Survivors match, you score points for successful strikes against other players. Being attacked by another player reduces your own score, to a minimum of zero. Scores are awarded as detailed below, with a 50% Damage and Score bonus for headshots.

After a successful attack, the score for the move will be displayed in the top right of the attacker’s screen and added to that player’s running total. Correspondingly, the victim of the strike loses 50 points for any and all attacks suffered. Whoever inflicts fatal damage on another player will earn a bonus 3,000 points. Deaths by Proximity Bomb or exploding oil drum will also be attributed for score purposes. If a player dies (for any reason, either in a monster attack or by another player’s hand) then they lose 1,000 points. It is possible to be reduced to zero points. When the timer expires, the scores for each player will determine their position in the results table.

Team Versus

It is possible to compete as a team in both Slayers and Survivors games. When two players work together as partners, they can draw on all of the additional tactics and support techniques mastered in Co-op, Duo and Split-Screen play.

Combat Differences

So far you’ve only had to dispatch computer-controlled parasites and their hosts. Now that you’re able to fight online and against other players, there are aspects of the combat system that you can exploit to great effect.

Easy Targets

Players caught in a grapple will normally try to free themselves while requesting assistance. If you encounter an enemy player in “Help” status, you can instead use a context action to strike them while they are held. This attack will damage both the enemy player and the creature restraining them, so it may still have the effect of releasing them from their captor.

Frozen Over

Players can be frozen by Nitrogen Rounds. The base freezing time is fi ve seconds, but you can tap X or A to recover more quickly. Other players will be able to attack you while you are frozen, including using hand-to-hand moves at close range, although you won’t shatter into pieces like ordinary enemies would when first hit. Nitrogen Rounds also have no effect on players of the same team, so you can comfortably use one to freeze an enemy in close proximity to your partner. You do not otherwise take damage purely from being frozen, but a direct hit from any Grenade Launcher round inflicts some kinetic damage from the impact of the projectile.

Assigning Equipment

In Slayers and Survivors games you cannot give weapons to other players – who remain your enemies, even if you may occasionally find yourself ganging together.

However in a Team Survivors match you will be able to hand over the M3, H&K PSG-1, S&W M500, Grenade Launcher and Rocket Launcher to a partner. This means that you can assign duties and swap long-range support or heavy weapons according to your co-op roles and preferences. There are fewer restrictions on distribution of ammunition and explosives. You can present any ammo type to a team member as long as they have a free slot or an existing stack of the same ammo that can accommodate the gift up to the slot maximum. When your inventories are full, you can still swap items with your partner by highlighting items that you do not have equipped. Select an item from your team member’s inventory and they will be alerted by a Request message that will offer them the chance to Give the selected item. If they are close enough for the exchange and can confirm the transaction in their inventory, the items will be swapped between you.
xXxfa7alxXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:30 AM   #2
khris99

KHRIS99's Gamercard
are they adding new achievements?
khris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:35 AM   #3
oldhouse

oldhouse's Gamercard
This multiplayer could be well worth for just 400 points.

1000G retail: Assassins Creed II - Borderland - Call Of Duty 4 - Darksiders - DiRT 2 - Fifa Street 3 - Gears Of War - Lost - Resident Evil 5 - Skyrim - T: Salvation - WWE Wrestlemania
200G Arcade: DoD, Fez, Monkey Island, Shadow Complex, Trials Evolution, Winterbottom
oldhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
xXxfa7alxXx

yes there will be more achievements
Old 03-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #5
Volcom guy992

Volcom Guy's Gamercard
Link? Just because im sure where ever it originated its gonna have a better layout to look through
Old 03-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #6
EvilManDeadMan

Send a message via AIM to EvilManDeadMan

EvilManDeadMan5's Gamercard
Sounds great to me. I'll be buying it.
EvilManDeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #7
xXxfa7alxXx

i got it from here http://www.rehorror.net/forums/resid...html#post52949 which is the same thing here if you want i will take screenshots from the Strat Guide if you like

i hope i dont get in trouble for posting these 2 images.

Oh yeah by the way keep your exchange points cause you will need about 134k to unlock all the characters again for the DLC

Last edited by xXxfa7alxXx; 03-20-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #8
Volcom guy992

Volcom Guy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxfa7alxXx View Post
i got it from here http://www.rehorror.net/forums/resid...html#post52949 which is the same thing here if you want i will take screenshots from the Strat Guide if you like

i hope i dont get in trouble for posting these 2 images.

Oh yeah by the way keep your exchange points cause you will need about 134k to unlock all the characters again for the DLC
Dont think you will get in trouble for it, but anyways thanks for posting it, that format is just much easier to read then big walls of text ya know. Thanks
Old 03-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #9
DefJamV

DefJamV x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Any idea when it comes out?

DefJamV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #10
Volcom guy992

Volcom Guy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefJamV View Post
Any idea when it comes out?
supposedly in a week or two thats when it should come out. Maybe same week as GoW stuff
Old 03-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #11
xXxfa7alxXx

well i read that in japan they are getting it next week on the 26th so i would think maybe the first week of april
Old 03-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #12
DefJamV

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxfa7alxXx View Post
well i read that in japan they are getting it next week on the 26th so i would think maybe the first week of april
Timed or not, Country-exclusive DLC REALLY pisses me off, its just blatant douchbaggery. If the UK got a demo of Fable II a week or two before America and Asia, god would yall be complainin!

Even when a small game like WWE is released here first (allways has been) every tom, dick and harry moan thier bolloxs off, yet they allways get games first.

Not a rant per se, definatly not a anti-american post, just me droppin my opinion on country-exclusive content/games.

Really

Old 03-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #13
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Achievements or I'm not buyin.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #14
DefJamV

There are achievements, ill find you them... 1 sec.

Army of One Win 30 matches in Slayers 15

Eye of the Tiger Win 30 matches in Survivors 15

The Team That Slays Win 30 matches in Team Slayers 30

We Will Survive Win 30 matches in Team Survivors 30

Keep the Good Times Chain a 20-defeated combo in Slayers 15

It Takes Two to Tango Chain a 40-defeated combo in Team Slayers 15

it’s All About the Points Score at least 40,000 points in Survivors 15

There’s no “I” in Team Score at least 80,000 points in Team Survivors 15

Let’s Get This Party Unlock all selectable characters in Versus 20

Bringing the Pain Defeat 100 players using hand-to-hand attacks in Versus 30

Last edited by DefJamV; 03-20-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #15
Taylorboy

Send a message via MSN to Taylorboy

ProfessorBadger's Gamercard
If it's a country specific release any date on the U.K or Europe ?

Also anyone have the exact Ms point price ? or is it 400 as stated before ?
Taylorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:49 PM   #16
Flik Nightshade

flik nightshade's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
For Christ's sake.. I was really hoping that there wouldn't be more achievements for this piece of crap add-on. Damn.

Flik Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #17
DefJamV

Say whaaat?

Old 03-20-2009, 04:58 PM   #18
Volcom guy992

Volcom Guy's Gamercard
Okay heres the details I think you should copy and paste this OP into your Original post so theres no more questions.

For the achievements I just copy and pasted DefJamV

Achievements

Army of One Win 30 matches in Slayers 15

Eye of the Tiger Win 30 matches in Survivors 15

The Team That Slays Win 30 matches in Team Slayers 30

We Will Survive Win 30 matches in Team Survivors 30

Keep the Good Times Chain a 20-defeated combo in Slayers 15

It Takes Two to Tango Chain a 40-defeated combo in Team Slayers 15

it’s All About the Points Score at least 40,000 points in Survivors 15

There’s no “I” in Team Score at least 80,000 points in Team Survivors 15

Let’s Get This Party Unlock all selectable characters in Versus 20

Bringing the Pain Defeat 100 players using hand-to-hand attacks in Versus 30

Release
Anywhere between March 23 2009 and April 15 2009

Price

400MS points($5 or £4)

Last edited by Volcom guy992; 03-20-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Volcom guy992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #19
DefJamV

Stop calling me MVP

Old 03-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #20
MachineHero

Mystyr E's Gamercard
I hate MP achievements, just makes everyone boost away, what they should've done is add more characters and maps for mercenaries or a Ada-style Separate Ways for Jill
MachineHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #21
DefJamV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineHero View Post
what they should've done is add a Ada-style Separate Ways for Jill
Or Josh, then we would know if he was infected or not...

Old 03-22-2009, 09:40 AM   #22
Chris Redfield

xx FireHound xx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineHero View Post
I hate MP achievements, just makes everyone boost away, what they should've done is add more characters and maps for mercenaries or a Ada-style Separate Ways for Jill
Exactly this is what i want, maybe the guys at capcom has something i store for us later, let´s hope so
Chris Redfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #23
Squirrel257

Squirrel x360a's Gamercard

This is a nice amount of info. For 400 points, I may have to go and buy resi and enjoy this.

Squirrel257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:46 AM   #24
Ninja Business

Ninja Business's Gamercard
Anyone have any idea what characters will be unlockable? Would be awful if it was just the same four all running around. Maybe they're gunna give us Claire, Leon, etc, etc to play as?
Ninja Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:09 PM   #25
unique niv

unique niv's Gamercard
do you wanna how many players a match?
like 2vs2 ? 6vs6 ?
how much?
unique niv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:30 PM   #26
xXxfa7alxXx

the unlockable characters in the versus mode are the same one's you get that are in mercenaries except you have to buy them out. Here is a screenshot of what i mean and how much they cost.

so you will need about 134k exchange points
Old 03-22-2009, 01:14 PM   #27
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Bah I was hoping for better achievements than those, versus looks alright but I'd rather a story extension like they did on Prince of Persia

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 34
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #28
Chris Redfield

xx FireHound xx's Gamercard
kinda hoping i would be other characters than that is displayed, Leon, Claire, Josh, Ada ect.. well well, lets hope it´s fun to play instead
Chris Redfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:34 PM   #29
SuperGaz

Send a message via MSN to SuperGaz

SuperGaz27's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   SOTF Winner   SOTF Runner Up   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
anyone know what the ratio of players is?

Like is it 2v2 or 4v4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefJamV View Post
...I regularly take part in large herterosexual orgies with myself as the only female

SuperGaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #30
xXxfa7alxXx

1v1 and 2v2