PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-27-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

Hi.This is my first ever attempt at a guide so please be gentle (or at least only marginally rough).I know it is not finished yet but I am currently updating my offline word document every 15 minutes and along with some help,the guide is almost complete.I just need to add everything here.Apologies if I've posted this too early but I've seen a lot of other's do this so hope I am not breaking any rules?

Overview
Estimated achievement difficulty: 6/10
Estimated time for 1000: 18-22 hours.
Minimum playthroughs: 1 (2 recommended)
Missable achievements: Three Bulls,Larry Scores,Movie Mogul
Glitched achievements: None
Offline: All

Click here to see my Youtube walkthroughs for all story missions

Road Map - Click Here

Story Related achievements (unmissable)

Rookie Award 10
Complete the game's first Mission

Very straightforward,after viewing the opening cutscenes (or skipping them if you desire), clean the graffiti off the walls,following the screen prompts if needed, and upon returning the phone, you will unlock the achievement.

Cupid Sniper 10
Complete the Larry Get Your Gun mission

This is a pretty simple mission.You are given a cupid style gun with which to shoot 4 horses and 5 women.The horses are easy to spot and just take your time to pick off the women.

A Fistful of Larry's 40
Complete the game’s Wild West Dreamscape

This is earned by fully completing the Western Dreamscape that becomes available after meeting the director out in the Western set.Most of the missions are straightforward and have you running back and forth.

Hardest part for me was the final mission where you have to dodge fart clouds as a cactus.That bit is easy if you stick to the left and steady yourself often.However,don't expect a checkpoint after reaching Amy,you now have to fight a wave of bandits in the godawful shooting section.Best advice I can give is to pick off the bandit that runs straight up to you from the off as he pounds your health down real fast if left alone.

Once he's dead,look to the left and right and spot the TNT barrels.Getting a good shot on these is really the key to winning.Keep moving whenever you see a barrel being thrown at you as if it hits,you lose half your health.Once you've took out those initial 3 bandits,it becomes a lot easier to survive the last handful,thus enabling you to pick them off one by one.The preceeding boss fight is total cake thankfully and just requires lot's of shooting and dodge when he throw's the dynamite at you.

Another part people are messaging me about is the mission where you need to unblock the road.To do this part,keep climbing till you come to a chimney jump bit,move up and jump up to highest point.Walk left a few steps then towards the camera and slowly walk along the ledge.Then climb around to the right and drop down and push the boulder.Then hang and drop down to the carriage.

Dead Beat 10
Complete the Army of the Dead mission

I believe the mission that net's you this achievement goes under another name (I can cofirm it's actually called "Mob of the Dead".).Anyway,after meeting the talking skull,you end up in a cemetery with a spade.The goal here is to keep the undead at bay with your shovel.Make good use of the various power up and if you get mobbed,use the escape points on the right and left areas of the screen.

It might take a few goes to get it but provided you try and keep moving and not get corned you should be fine.Make sure you hit the zombies with knight helmet's with a low attack as they are immune to high hits.Once the counter hits zero,run to the centre ASAP and pick up the ticket to end the mission.

Chamone 40
Complete the game's horror dreamscape

For the last mission,you need to move the suits of armour onto the corresponding pedestals.They are a knight with a shiled onto the shield emblem,knight with a sword onto the sword emblam and the last night is up top on the balcony.Push it off and move it onto the nearby pedestal to lower all 3 chandeliers.Then jump across all 3 and make a big leap across onto the ladder.

Shuffle the Deck 10
Complete the Shuffleboard mission

Ah Shuffleboard.This is where the fun begins.If you ever played Harry Potter and hated gobstones,you're not going to like this.Basically,you need to out-score Ginger to pass the mission.Each time you take a shot,seagulls will poop on the board in 3 spots.This will either not hinder you or will screw you over.

Like most things in the game,this mini-game is not programmed very well.Sometimes you can shoot right through the crap and it acts like it's not there.Other times,you aim nowhere near the faeces,and it goes flying all over the shop.See my tips for the Shuffleboard achievements if you are still struggling.

The Ship of Dreams 40
Complete the game's Bytanic dreamscape

I actually found the Bytanic dreamscape the easiest of the 3.Could just be me,but anyway.The last mission sees the ship sinking and you need to rescue Ginger.This section is basically lot's of platform jumping which you should be used to by now.Cross the pieces of ice onto the chimney then tightrope across to the ship.You now need to make your way up the Bytanic with carefully timed jumps.The part that confuses some people is the final jump you need to do.Once you reach the top of the vertical jumps,you need to wall jump between the ship's floor and the upturned deck.Once you reach the top,tightrope to above Ginger and press B to finish the mission.

The End 80
Complete all the game’s the main story missions

The last mission of the game is accessed straight after finishing Bytanic.It can be a royal pain in the ass,but if you follow the following tips,you should breeze it.Firstly,you need to make your way to the Theater roof (all while a 5 minute counter is ticking down).Climb up the ladder on the side to start a cutscene.You will be attacked by 2 security guards.THE best way to deal with any melee confrontation in LSL is to block till you feel ready and then press X when the enemy attacks you.Larry will slap the enemy as a counter and then you should follow up with 1 kick by pressing A.Repeat this,trying to keep the guards so one is in front and one is behind and you should be fine.

After the fight with the guards,you face Kip.He can hit VERY hard if he combo's or slaps you.Just use the same technique as for the guards and once his health reaches 50% he will run off.Now you have to drag the box of fireworks over to the marker and rotate them till they are in the correct position.

Now Kip moves to Sound Stage 2 roof.Get down ASAP and hop in the nearby police car and then climb to the sound stage 2 roof via the crates.Again,fight the 2 guards and then Kip will attack you.Use the same tactics and he should run away again.Now align the fireworks to trigger the final chase.

Now Kip is on the Executive Building roof.Go inside and take the elevator to the roof.Align the fireworks as before and defeat the 2 guards.Now it's time to finish off Kip.Use the same moves and he'll eat dirt in no time leaving you to breath a huge sigh of relief.The game is over.Now,onto your speed run...

Last edited by ponypo2001; 06-29-2009 at 04:55 PM.
ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Other achievements

Networking Socialite 10
Meet every principle character in the game

This will unlock during the mission "Jurassic Clark" just after meeting the guy in the theater.

Gymnastic Larry 10
Perform 3 consecutive wall jumps

Simply jump 3 times between walls.A good place to get this is during the second mission in City Street Set.You will have to climb to the top of the set from the street below.You will wall jump to collect the script pieces and unlock the achievement after the third jump.

Car Surfin' 20
Stand 50 seconds on the roof of a moving car

Can be earned at any time by simply jumping onto the roof of a moving car and standing to admire the view.Dings after 50 seconds of surfing.If you keep getting run over when trying to jump on one,wait till the car goes to turn around as it slow's almost to a stop, thus making it easy to hop on top.

Carjacker 20
‘Hijack’ 50 vehicles

Just keep hijacking cars that are driven by other people by pressing the B button when close.You will hop into the car.Repeat 50 times.You can also repeatedly hijack the same vehicle.When I tried this on my main account,it took well over 50 goes on top of the normal hijack's I had done.However,on a second profile,it unlocked after 48 hijacks so just keep going till it dings.

Well Hung 10
Perform 3 consecutive ledge jumps

During the First Train mission, you will need to ledge jump over from one bail of hay to the next, just jump the gap once, then jump back and repeat until you get the achievement. (thanks to Aksh0le) There is also a further opportunity when going to meet the prospector as there is a perfect ledge you have to jump across.Also very easily obtainable when you are scaling the sinking Bytanic if you missed the other opportunities.

Hot Foot Award 20
Travel 100 miles on foot

This will unlock during your first run through the game merely by running back and forth.If it didn't unlock,load a save and walk some more till it unlocks.

Broadcasting on Top of the World 10
Reach the highest point in Laffer Studio

This is achieved by climbing the huge radio antenna in the north west portion of the map,near the power station.Check my awards guide for detailed description of how to reach the top in one piece.

Also you can see a video guide below.Many thanks to fellow x360a member CaptainKicker for making the video and uploading it to Youtube.

Road Tripping 20
Drive 400 miles

You'll rack this one up either through regular play or whilst trying for the "Le Mans" achievement. After unlocking all dreamscapes,you can start at the Western Lot and drive a full circuit round to the Bytanic lot and back again.This covers roughly 10 miles and takes around 3 minutes..Just drive drive drive!

Le Manns 20
Drive in vehicles for a total of 3 hours while playing the game

You could grind this out towards the end of the game after such time you would already have amassed a decent amount of driving time.Couple this achievement with "Road Tripping" and you should be pretty close to the 3 hours.Just keep driving till it pops.After unlocking all dreamscapes,you can start at the Western Lot and drive a full circuit round to the Bytanic lot and back again.This covers roughly 10 miles and takes around 3 minutes.My achievement unlocked at 461 miles driven.

Alternatively,you can sit in a car for 3 hours and the achievement will still unlock.Thanks to several people for confirming this.

Pedal to the Metal

Complete all Races

There are 9 total races in the game, 2 for each movie set, and 3 for the movie lot. Simply complete each race and you will get the achievement (thanks to Aksh0le)

Race locations are shown as a violet blip on your map and the first unlocks after completing the Western dreamscape.Here's a list of the locations :-

Wild West Race 1 - After crossing the bridge into Western Set,the race starter is on the corner of the set.

Wild West Race 2 - In front of the jail in the western town.

Main Lot Race 1 - To your left as you exit the western set.Unlock's at the same time as Wild West Race 2.

Horror Race 1 - Very near the the 3 cabins.Unlocks after finishing the horror dreamscape.

Horror Race 2 - Unlocks after completing horror race 1.Located at the vampire's castle.

Main Lot Race 2 - Unlocks at the same time as horror race 2.Located in City Street set.

Bytanic Race 1 - Straight after Bytanic Dreamscape is completed.Starter is right by the trailers opposite the ship.

Bytanic Race 2 - After winning Bytanic Race 1,it is located near the Tinselwood sign behind the Bytanic backdrop.

Main Lot Race 3 - Unlocks at same time as Bytanic 2.Located north of the Vehicle Warehouse (according to your map).

Demolition Boy 20
Destroy three vehicles within 60 seconds of each other

Park up 3 cars next to each other when they are on critical damage (black smoke) then drive each one into a wall till flames come from the engine.Damage level of the cars starts with white smoke,then black smoke,then flames, then the boom.

Alternatively,after unlocking the gates to the Bytanic set,you can line up 2 cars next to the water.Get in a 3rd car and bump the other 2 in the water then simply drive the other into the drink and all 3 will explode in quick succession.

Last edited by ponypo2001; 04-08-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:00 PM   #3
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Mr Lover-Man 40
Complete all seduction games

There are 7 seduction games all together.They appear as a pink icon and are located on the 2nd floor of the Executive Offices. Simply seduce the 7 females and the Achievement is yours.To win the seduction games,simply answer the questions correctly.You can get them wrong and that option will grey itself out so even if you mess up,trial and error see's you through.

Old Silver-Tongue Award 40
Complete 4 Director Games successfully

Director games require you to control the cameras and pick the best shot for the scene.This is straightforward enough.Just press the corresponding button with regards to the most appropriate scene.Complete 4 and the achievement is yours.Here's a list of the locations :-

1 - Automatically found in the sound studio just before obtaining the cowboy outfit.
2 - Straight after completing the Western Dreamscape.
3 - Immediately after finishing the Horror Dreamscape.
4 - After finishing the Bytanic Dreamscape.Win this one to unlock the achievement.

Fashionista Award 20
Accumulate a wardrobe of 6 outfits

Outfit's are earned during various parts of the story.They are as follows in the order received :-

Casual Larry - You start the game with this one
Mailman Larry - Gained after talking to your uncle in the opening cutscenes.
Cowboy Larry - Gained straight after the first director game.
Horror Larry - Gained mission after "Spies r Us" to gain entry to Horror Lot.
Larry as Jack - Gained after taking the photo's of Kip and before heading to Bytanic Set.
Gentleman Larry - Unlocks after finishing the Bytanic Dreamscape.

Suits You Sir 10
Use all unlockable costumes during the same mission

Very easy.After finishing Bytanic and unlocking all costumes,start the next seduction mission.Instead of meeting Cherry,go to your trailer and change into each costume.It unlock's once you've tried on all 6.I've also been informed you can do this after the game is over by starting a race then hoofing over to a wardrobe and quickly changing (thanks RECKLESS x360a).

Three Bulls 20
3 consecutive Bulls-eyes in the Shuffleboard mini-game.

This is a tough achievement for sure.Remember,if you don't have enough discs left to score 3 consecutive bulls,press start and restart mission.Don't move the story on till you have both shuffleboard achievements as once you pass the mission by winning,you cannot play again unless you restart the game.

Now,you're going to want some luck for this one.Hopefully,the birds will shit off to the sides,leaving the centre free for you to score your bull.Pull the stick back so it's just touching Larry's knee and most times,that will be enough power to land perfectly in the centre.If you have bird crap in the centre and need to move (which undoubtedly,you will), you will need to alter your aim and adjust a little more or less power.With practice and some luck,you'll do it.I managed 5 in a row when I got the achievement.Sadly,knocking a disc onto the bull doesn't count,it has to land clean.

Larry Scores 60
Achieve a total score of 2800 on Shuffleboard

In my opinion,this is harder than the 3 bulls achievement.You really want to land as many bulls as possible and make sure not to knock your own discs off the scorezone.Besy way it to score 3 bulls from the first 3 shots.Provided they don't get knocked off,this will score you 3000 without scoring another point.Once you have your bulls nestled safely,shoot off to the sides to ensure you don't knock them off yourself.Also pray the computer doesn't knock them off as she likes to respond to a bull with one of her own.You can reach the score without everything on a bull but it will be very tight.You really do need those 3 bulls to have much chance.

Also,when I finally got it,I got sick of moving Larry and aiming so just aimed straight down without moving him,even if there was cack in the way and 8 times out of 10 it ignore the poo and goes on the bull anyway.Exploit this any chance you can.Keep at it,this is hands down the toughest achievement in the game.

Speed 80
Complete the game in under 8 hours

My best advice is to do this on a second playthrough.Firstly,you'll be much more versed in the missions and the order they come in.Secondly,you'll hopefully be used to the god-awful control scheme and camera (if one ever get's used to them) and this will be of some advantage.Also,remember to skip all the cutscenes as this may well shave many minutes of time off (not certain yet if they count towards time but it's safer to skip them).Run everywhere and if you're not running,drive!

It's also worth noting,if you don't pass a mission first time or you feel you could've done it quicker,don't hesitate to load your autosave.To be safe,keep a save before each major story section and if you really mess up somewhere,it won't be so far to go back.Remember also you only need to do the story missions.DO NOT touch any side missions at all as the time is tight enough as it is.

I just decided to list my times during the speed run to give you an idea of the kind of time you want to be keeping during your playthrough.They are below :-

Started Western Dreamscape at 40 minutes played.
Finished Western Dreamscape at 1:38 played.
Started Horror Dreamscape at 2:20 played.
Finished Horror Dreamscape at 2:59 played.
Started Bytanic at 3:29 played.
Finished Bytanic at 4:05 played.
Finished game at 4:19 played.

So,as you can see,you actually have a very large space of time to do this in.First time through,you may think to yourself that it is not possible,but once you know the mission layouts and get used to things,it really does make the speed run very simple (just a pain in the arse plaything through it again).Also,the times above are with me making a few dumb mistakes and having to replay parts so you could shave off another 20 mins I reckon.

Best Newcomer 10
Collect a total of 10 Larry Awards

See 'Best Actor'

Best Supporting Actor 40
Collect a total of 50 Larry Awards

See 'Best Actor'

Best Actor 80
Collect a total of 100 Larry Awards

Refer to my guide Here for a full list.Also be VERY careful when collecting awards.The game doesn't always remember you have collected awards after you manually save.The only way to make 100% sure it's registers the find is to complete a mission and force the game to auto save.Any manual save after that will then count them.Be wary of this as it can really mess your collection up!

Movie Mogul 160
Complete Everything In the Game

Not too tough an achievement.If you followed my advice,you'll do this on your first playthrough.Make 100% that you have done everything listed below BEFORE attempting the last mission as if you try and collect the awards after it,the achievement may not unlock.Anyway,onto the list :-

Collect all 100 awards
Complete all races
Complete all seduction games
Complete all Director games to highest score (IMPORTANT.If you fail one or score lower,you can re-do them at the Editor's Suite)
Complete all story missions

As I said,make sure to do everything before playing the final mission and the achievement will unlock after you get the achievement "The End".

Last edited by ponypo2001; 05-09-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:21 PM   #4
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I believe you're missing ...

Demolition Boy - 20

I only noticed cause I came in to see how to do it How do you destroy vehicles?

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:26 PM   #5
Aksh0le

Akshun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
I believe you're missing ...

Demolition Boy - 20

I only noticed cause I came in to see how to do it How do you destroy vehicles?

Demolition Boy 20

you need to take 3 parked vehicles to the titanic area, line them up next to the water and at a spot that you can get out easily, then just drive each one into the water. achievement unlocked.

this is a much easier way than the method in the guide

Last edited by Aksh0le; 03-28-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Aksh0le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:19 AM   #6
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksh0le View Post
you need to take 3 parked vehicles to the titanic area, I lined them up next to the water and at a spot I could get out easily, then just drove each one into the water. achievement unlocked.
Ah ha. Awesome. Cheers. Simple enough really.

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:33 AM   #7
Brian Fantana x360a
Banned User

oPumpkinEscobar's Gamercard
Also, I don't think cutscenes add to the time.
Brian Fantana x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:14 AM   #8
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Thanks for the pointers so far people.Updated some more now and replaced one broken control pad.I sense there may be more before the guide is complete lol.I also added some more to the awards post and thanks to those that have posted in there.We're getting close now to all 100 being found which is a great effort.All the awards will be added to the final guide as I've checked them off to be 100% everything is accurate.

Thanks.

Last edited by ponypo2001; 03-28-2009 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #9
jobys

Inbred Friend's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quick tip for the Car Jacker achievement.... Just stand next to the driver side of 1 car and keep pressing B... You'll jack the same car over and over and takes about 4 minutes to unlock the acheivement.

jobys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:05 PM   #10
Aksh0le

Akshun's Gamercard

Just completed the game 100%, nothing left to do no Movie Mogul Achievement. I'm so pissed off right now
Old 03-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #11
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobys View Post
Quick tip for the Car Jacker achievement.... Just stand next to the driver side of 1 car and keep pressing B... You'll jack the same car over and over and takes about 4 minutes to unlock the acheivement.
I did try that as it seemed like a great way to do it but it didn't work for me.However,I think the actual number of carjacks is buggy as I did 50 this way and got nothing.I did around another 10 on different vehichles and it finally unlocked without me knowing.I'll try it on my other profile and see if it works on that one and if so will add it.Thanks.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #12
RECKLESS x360a

Send a message via AIM to RECKLESS x360a

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksh0le View Post
Just completed the game 100%, nothing left to do no Movie Mogul Achievement. I'm so pissed off right now
Damn, I really hope this achieve is not glitched. I hope you get it soon man.
RECKLESS x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:49 PM   #13
Aksh0le

Akshun's Gamercard

currently on my 3rd run through lol, this game is horrible I have all 100 awards again and I'm about to do the titanic. after that its the races and the sedcution games and I should have %100 again, I'll post my results when I finish. Going for 1st to 1k :P

EDIT: Dunno what happened first time around, but I got it this time, finally 1000GS

Last edited by Aksh0le; 03-29-2009 at 03:19 AM.
Aksh0le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:33 PM   #14
PimpPanther69

PlMPanther21's Gamercard
For Cupid Sniper ... I believe it was 5 girls and 4 horses to shoot.

(Formerly PimpPanther69 & PimpPanther21)

50K GS achieved on 30th Aug. 2008! .... 60k-5/3/09 .... 70k-7/10/09 .... 80k-1/4/10 .... 90k-24/10/10 .... 100k-26/5/11 .... 110k-29/2/12!
PimpPanther69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:24 PM   #15
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Phew,guide is now finished.Thanks to all that have helped and provided positive feedback.Does anyone know how to go about possibly getting these stickied? I looked in the submit forum but it's all closed up? Thanks in advance!

Old 03-30-2009, 05:45 AM   #16
RECKLESS x360a

ah I see this got stickied. Nice.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:43 AM   #17
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Made one adjustment today which I think is worth mentioning.I've listed my times during my speed run.Hopefully,these will show you what kind of times to aim for and help you to ascertain if you are on track.I had 4 hours left after I finished so thankfully,it's not a tough achievement at all,it just sounds evil.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:42 AM   #18
PimpPanther69

PlMPanther21's Gamercard
For Carjacker ... I got myself a buggy, looked around for someone else driving stopped in front of them, got out, hijacked their buggy, got out and back in again (rinse & repeat). This stopped them from trying to drive off and running over me. *ding* Achievement Unlocked

50K GS achieved on 30th Aug. 2008! .... 60k-5/3/09 .... 70k-7/10/09 .... 80k-1/4/10 .... 90k-24/10/10 .... 100k-26/5/11 .... 110k-29/2/12!
Old 04-02-2009, 06:34 AM   #19
SnoopieDoop

SnoopieDoop's Gamercard
Le Manns 20

You could grind this out towards the end of the game after such time you would already have amassed a decent amount of driving time.Couple this achievement with "Road Tripping" and you should be pretty close to the 3 hours.Just keep driving till it pops.After unlocking all dreamscapes,you can start at the Western Lot and drive a full circuit round to the Bytanic lot and back again.This covers roughly 10 miles and takes around 3 minutes.My achievement unlocked at 461 miles driven.

I found it easier to just sit in the car and go eat and watch tv for 3 hours, unlocked it for me
SnoopieDoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #20
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopieDoop View Post
Le Manns 20

I found it easier to just sit in the car and go eat and watch tv for 3 hours, unlocked it for me
Now I did wonder about if that worked so it's interesting to know it does.However,I did it at the same time as the 400 miles one and they both pretty much unlocked at the same time (like 10 mins apart).Thanks for confirming though.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:10 AM   #21
DemonI81
Banned User

vI Demon Iv's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Gymnastic Larry 10
Perform 3 consecutive wall jumps

Simply jump 3 times between walls.A good place to get this is during the second mission in City Street Set.You will have to climb to the top of the set from the street below.You will wall jump to collect the script pieces and unlock the achievement after the third jump.
How does this work? You grab the ledges with each jump, as far as I can tell, there's no way to make it without grabbing the ledges.

EDIT: Just got it between Sound Stage 2 and the gray building to the south of it. There's some crates next to the wall, really easy.

Also, to get the Car Surfing one, I jacked a golf cart, got out and jumped on the roof that way, made it easy.
Also, be careful jacking one vehicle repeatedly. Wait for the driver to get in front of the wheel before hitting B. I was just tapping B like crazy and it glitched me at 34 jacks. It gave me control of the golf cart driver, wouldn't let me get out of the cart, couldn't get control of Larry back. It was really lame.

Last edited by DemonI81; 04-03-2009 at 01:30 AM.
DemonI81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:41 AM   #22
Chi-gti 97

Send a message via Yahoo to Chi-gti 97

Chi gti 97's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
So how do you unlock the shuffleboard mini-game?
Chi-gti 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:52 AM   #23
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-gti 97 View Post
So how do you unlock the shuffleboard mini-game?
I listed the story achievements in order above.You play Shuffleboard in the Bytanic dreamscape.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:37 AM   #24
DemonI81
Banned User

vI Demon Iv's Gamercard

What exactly is a Ledge Jump?
Old 04-03-2009, 03:49 AM   #25
RECKLESS x360a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonI81 View Post
When your character is hanging from a ledge, and you jump either right or left in order to grab onto another ledge.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:10 AM   #26
PimpPanther69

PlMPanther21's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonI81 View Post
For the 'Gymnastic Larry' achieve .... you will pretty much unlock this goin' through the main story and doin' the Bytanic Dreamscape. Towards the end when you gotta climb the sinkin' ship, it's pretty much a whole bunch of ledge jumps. That's when I got it.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:44 AM   #27
DemonI81
Banned User

vI Demon Iv's Gamercard

Ah, cool. Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fantana x360a View Post
Also, I don't think cutscenes add to the time.
I just checked this by checking the time right before a cutscene then right after. The cutscenes DO add to the time.

Last edited by DemonI81; 04-03-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:14 AM   #28
NZrugbyleague

DAWNRAID NZ's Gamercard
hey guys how do i chimney jump???thanks
NZrugbyleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #29
theo

Theo Boots's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZrugbyleague View Post
hey guys how do i chimney jump???thanks
I made a thread explaining this : http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=138071

theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #30
theo

Theo Boots's Gamercard
video request

hello Ponypo,

Can you tell which videos you intend to make?

I haven't reached the award in the house where I killed the stuntmen. So I would appreciate a video on how to do that one.

Best Regards,

Theo

ps. wouldn't you know it. 10 minutes after making this post I found a way to get to the award in the house where I killed the stuntmen.

Last edited by theo; 04-05-2009 at 10:57 PM.
theo is offline   Reply With Quote