PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > X-Men: The Official Game
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
Lawrentz82

kirby lee's Gamercard
Where are the checkpoints!!!

The game is slightly mediocre at best...but the mere fact that I can complete 90% of a level and then be put right back at the beginning is absurd. I could stomach the game if it weren't for that. On Superhero, some of the levels are far too hard (Iceman anyone)to not have ONE measly checkpoint..what the heck were they thinking??
Lawrentz82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:41 AM   #2
ReaptheChaos

ReaptheChaos's Gamercard
I first played this game two years ago and gave up pretty quick. Thanks to those three zero point achievements it’s been stuck on my list since then. I’ve been trying to knock out some older games that I never finished to bring my completion percentage up so I put this game in yesterday to try it once again. I took the easy way out and played each level on easy, then medium and again on hard until I got their skills up to something decent. I was doing ok until I got to the Iceman levels.

Tracking down enemies is a pain in the ass. You see a red arrow on your mini map and you’re looking up, down and all over before you spot them. His flying controls are a joke, you often have to turn sharp only to find there’s an obstacle dead ahead of you. That or you’re looking at the mini map trying to line up with the enemy markers and look up to find something in your way. His lock-on targeting skill is a joke, it will say you’re locked on but you still have to keep your reticule over the target to actually hit it.

What really pissed me off, and this happened with the other characters but it wasn’t as detrimental, was when they put a message up on your screen it takes away your mini map for several seconds. When you’re trying to track down an enemy that’s simply unacceptable.

If it wasn’t for the horrible flying controls I’d probably keep trying, but this game is simply not enjoyable enough to put up with the terrible controls of Iceman. Its games like this that make me wish Xbox would let us delete games off our lists.

If its true that what you donít know cant hurt you, then you must be practically invincible!
ReaptheChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
Hughes83

Hughes83's Gamercard
I borrowed this game yesterday, I saw it had a few achievements so I went for it. So far I've unlocked the first three achievements, 0G LOL. Ok, let's go on I thought. Too bad that it has no check points. It's impossible to play it on Superhero mode so I'm going for the normal way. I haven't seen the Iceman missions yet but as I can read it's gonna be a pain in the ass...