PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-28-2009, 03:03 PM   #1
Whiskey Daniels

whiskey daniels's Gamercard
Goal Attack Achievement bugged out? (DLC)

This achievement seems to be bugged for me. Yesterday I started doing all of the SC goal attacks but failed to beat the time and damage requirements in a couple of the races figuring I would just redo them the next day.

So I start off where I did not get all of the little icons lit up and dominate the race, coming in 1st, hardly any damage and even posting the number 1 time on the leader boards. Even after the race where it shows how much money and rep you've earned it shows that I completed every task for that goal attack, all icons lit up including star.

So I go back to the list where all of goal attacks are and it hasn't updated, it still shows that I've only come in first and still need to light up the damage and beating the required time icons, no star either.

Does anyone know whats up with this?
Whiskey Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Hmmm I just been trying for this achievement and won every single race meeting all requirments, I got all gold icons on everything after the race, but when I didnt get the achievement, I went to the Goal Attack menu, and everything is lit up except the last few on ordered races, even though I have completed them twice now, so yep it is glitched out, I am downloading the DLC again and see what happens.

It stopped taking gold stats for me after SC Tour race on ordered, I didnt get the damage gold icon, but gold on the time etc, and its stopped recording progress from there.

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
Whiskey Daniels

Friend of mine is having the same problem. Let me know if re downloading it works.

I can tell you this, disconnected from XBL still doesn't help, also different classes wont update it, and also trying it without the required update that you get when you start up the game does not work. Infact the DLC is not even playable without the update.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #4
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
64% will test in a min

Old 03-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #5
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Didnt work, still glitched

Old 03-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #6
Whiskey Daniels

Yeah this isn't looking good, apparently it's that SC tour race that is the cause of this.

Only thing I can think of right now is just transfer your save to a memory card and making a new save profile on your main gamertag account. Unfortunately for me I don't have a memory card.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #7
GreaseMonkeyGB

GreaseMonkeyGB's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
woah woah slow down! I HAVE the achievement, it's the last i had to get of the SC achievements. why are others expriencing this problem?

GreaseMonkeyGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Luckily I do, but dont back up all the time, but saying that I last backed up MC:LA last night, after doing EVERYTHING except Goal Attacks.

So I have just tested something out, I put my glitched game on 1 memory card, and loaded up my backed up save from last night onto the 360 console.

I just did the SC Tour Race, and passed it with all icons lit, went into Goal Attack menu, and its lit up fine this time, after 2 more races, that previously failed to register, they work too.

So this got me thinking, and I dont know if I am 100% right, but I just did this test, I did the SC Tour Race and purposely lost the race, but passed the time and damage, I checked the Goal Attack menu, and this showed up correctly, I went back into the Race, and passed it flying colors in all areas, and the glitch appeared again, it would not add my golden win icon.

Im lucky that I had a fairly recent save, but even then, I still need to do ALL Goal Attack again after doing it this morning already, 3 hours wasted, oh well least Its value for money, providing the cheevie works this time, I am going to monitor my wins, race by race. But for now I would like to warn people, you must try and win first time, if you feel you wont meet a criteria on Goal Attack, dont finish anyways, restart the race, and make sure you pass EVERYTHING FIRST TIME, as that seems the best workaround right now.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:58 PM   #9
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeyGB View Post
woah woah slow down! I HAVE the achievement, it's the last i had to get of the SC achievements. why are others expriencing this problem?
I would say you won everything first time, or was one of the lucky folks lol, congrats.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #10
GreaseMonkeyGB

thx. i don't think it was because i finished all the races first time, b/c when i was a doing a SC goal attack if i knew i wasn't going to get full marks before the end of the race then i would restart. This meant i would only finish the race if were going to get all the targets.

They better sort this out soon!

Old 03-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #11
xI Gunner Ix

Unfortunately I _did_ pass all goals with flying colors on the SC Tour race, the first time...and I only got credit for time. After that, no goals on any race will light up for me.

I am trying a different work around, this will not work for everyone. I have a 100% save pre-DLC on an old hard drive and i am currently downloading the premium pack to it. When its done, i'm going to go straight to goal attacks first and see how far I get. hopefully I will get the achievement this way. I'm doing this to rule out any progress through SC being the culprit.

Again, mine became glitched even though I did pass all goals successfully.
xI Gunner Ix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:28 PM   #12
xI Gunner Ix

Well, I made it through all ordered races and to "round Baldwin" in circtuit races and I got glitched again. Got only time for that race, an no goals for anything after that.

This is REALLY infuriating.
xI Gunner Ix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #13
GreaseMonkeyGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by xI Gunner Ix View Post
Well, I made it through all ordered races and to "round Baldwin" in circtuit races and I got glitched again. Got only time for that race, an no goals for anything after that.

This is REALLY infuriating.
There is also the landmark races

Old 03-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #14
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Im using a race - memory card method, do a race, save, exit to dash, update a memory card, then repeat until glitch, then reload last save.

It seems to be working I have 6 circuit races left to do but cant be bothered today now, done them 3 times already I should have the achievement 3 times over lmao

Old 03-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #15
Harry Lloyd

THU31's Gamercard
So to sum up, we have to achieve all goals for SC Tour in one race and then everything will be ok?
Old 03-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #16
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Not so sure now, as its glitching on me whatever race I do and whever I come......I think were screwed until its patched, unless your lucky and it works as it should.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #17
W1ckeDxt

W1ckeDxt's Gamercard
Hey Guys, Me and some friends got the same problem, I tried to fail one of the SC Goal Attacks, and then complete it again so maybe the achievement would unlock.

Also does the Brother Time achievement works for you guys?
Because I complete all the runs, but It doesn't save my progress, so "Best Time" is still empty.

Me and some friends are having these problems, kudos to you guys trying to figuring it out!
W1ckeDxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #18
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Im sick of this shit achievement, its the last I need, and I have beat every single race 5 times over now.

I have done it with winning continuously, without using restarts, done it in a car, a bike, the ducati aswell.

I have done it in differant orders, I have done it all, and it wont work at all.

If anyone here has unlocked GOALLLLLLLL please post and say how you did it, with what car? in what order? I know some people have unlocked this, but wondering why 4 people I know are having this issue, and now people online too!

The closest I got was with the Ducati, I managed to light up all the ordered and all the circuit races gold, whoopdy fucking doo I thought, as when I moved to Unordered races, the first one I did threw me the glitch, I passed it with flying colors in every criteria, but it only gave me the time gold icon, I came first, and never crashed once, but no gold icons for those.

Been some great DLC this month but most of its been glitched to fuck, whats wrong with developers this year and DLC?

Last edited by Evo Kazz; 03-28-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:16 AM   #19
W1ckeDxt

W1ckeDxt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by evokazz View Post
Im sick of this shit achievement, its the last I need, and I have beat every single race 5 times over now.

I have done it with winning continuously, without using restarts, done it in a car, a bike, the ducati aswell.

I have done it in differant orders, I have done it all, and it wont work at all.

If anyone here has unlocked GOALLLLLLLL please post and say how you did it, with what car? in what order? I know some people have unlocked this, but wondering why 4 people I know are having this issue, and now people online too!

The closest I got was with the Ducati, I managed to light up all the ordered and all the circuit races gold, whoopdy fucking doo I thought, as when I moved to Unordered races, the first one I did threw me the glitch, I passed it with flying colors in every criteria, but it only gave me the time gold icon, I came first, and never crashed once, but no gold icons for those.

Been some great DLC this month but most of its been glitched to fuck, whats wrong with developers this year and DLC?
Yeah I'm getting sick of it to, took the game out of my Xbox360, damn.

I also got everything with flying colors, and I did EVERYTHING in 1 RUN, fuc*.

Did you get the "Brother Time" achievement?
Because that one doesn't work either here, I can race all I want but it doesn't save my "Best Time" at the time trails.

So it's racing for nothing since it's not keeping track of my times.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:29 AM   #20
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Brother time unlocked for me after my third time trial race, when I won a car, cant remember which.

Im tempted to take the game out aswell, I feel better knowing its not just me, stories are spreading round the net by the hour of this issue.

Whats pissing me off, and not letting me rest, is the fact several people have it unlocked, but how?

Also if its a software glitch, and needs patching, god only knows when it will be fixed, it took Rockstar 10,00000000000000,000000000 years to release a few cars and a bit of land, with a few bloody races. Imagine the timescale to fix something!

Old 03-29-2009, 12:43 AM   #21
W1ckeDxt

W1ckeDxt's Gamercard
Yeah, I'm hoping we will get a patch soon, and on the time trails, the problem is that the game doesn't save my times , so it I can't get it at all.

Now I'm off to playing GTA IV again...
Old 03-29-2009, 04:20 AM   #22
Whiskey Daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lloyd View Post
So to sum up, we have to achieve all goals for SC Tour in one race and then everything will be ok?
No, apparently it can happen on any race. You can even do all ordered races without it glitching then all of a sudden it will glitch up on you in circuit races.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:49 AM   #23
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Im wondering if its anything to do with these 2 car packs that were pulled from marketplace.

Weird thing is I wiped cache, and deleted my DLC, but whe I redownloaded it the 2 car packs are still installed.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:58 AM   #24
K0 H17 K1LL

Send a message via AIM to K0 H17 K1LL

IM a IF i A's Gamercard
It glitched up on me on downtown to randy's landmark race, everything was highlighted but the star, now nothing will give achviments did brother time, no achvi
K0 H17 K1LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #25
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

This is BS, more and more people with this issue, we need a fixxxxxxx

Old 03-29-2009, 09:10 AM   #26
roy1751

roy1751's Gamercard
I got the achievement just now by doing the goal attacks first thing after downloading the DLC and letting the game update as it booted. I was already on my bike, so never even visited the garage or nothing. Hit the top of the goal attacks and after winning all gold just hit 'Next Race'. I restarted if damage got too high before the end of the race, time was never a problem since the bike is a beast. When the races rolled over to the ones from the main game, I hit the next goal attack list directly from the menu. Also checked whether the races I just did registered and they were all gold. Achiev popped as soon as the update leaderboard/game saved prompts of the last race. This is all in one sitting. I suggest doing it this way for people that just starting on the DLC achievs.

So thanks for the heads up. It probably doesn't help people with the glitch(unless you have a backed up pre-DLC save), there must be something that happens later in the game that can cause it.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #27
Whiskey Daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by evokazz View Post
Im wondering if its anything to do with these 2 car packs that were pulled from marketplace.

Weird thing is I wiped cache, and deleted my DLC, but whe I redownloaded it the 2 car packs are still installed.
Has nothing to do with the car packs, other people are glitching out without even having them on their hard drives.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:16 AM   #28
Whiskey Daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0 H17 K1LL View Post
It glitched up on me on downtown to randy's landmark race, everything was highlighted but the star, now nothing will give achviments did brother time, no achvi
Looks like once people hit this glitch nothing updates, including race wins and times.

I've heard of some people having problems with SUV/low rider wins not adding up and wins just not counting in general... including the time trials.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:19 AM   #29
K0 H17 K1LL

Send a message via AIM to K0 H17 K1LL

IM a IF i A's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Daniels View Post
Looks like once people hit this glitch nothing updates, including race wins and times.

I've heard of some people having problems with SUV/low rider wins not adding up and wins just not counting in general... including the time trials.
This really pisses me off cause i was so close to getting an Audi R8
K0 H17 K1LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:23 AM   #30
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Hmm so maybe something in the SC story causes this, and the Goals need to be done first, too late for me as my backup save is not pre dlc anymore, bahh