PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Guitar Hero: Metallica
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-29-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
Bruk

Bruk360's Gamercard
Um...WTF?

You can only complete the drum tutorials with GH drums? You've got to be fucking kidding me...is there a way around this? I'd better not have to get some drums just to get the stupid tutorial achievement
2nd on x360a to 1000 Guitar Hero: World Tour
3rd on x360a to 200 Geon (08/27/08) and Super Contra (12/2/08)
Bruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:37 AM   #2
GaMeReVX

GaMeReVX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruk View Post
You can only complete the drum tutorials with GH drums? You've got to be fucking kidding me...is there a way around this? I'd better not have to get some drums just to get the stupid tutorial achievement
Not to my knowledge. Very oopid indeed. -_-

Gears of War 3 Video Collectibles Guide
Resident Evil 5 Video Emblem Guide

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/gamerevx
AotG: 1st to beat on Hard/US & Team to 200.
My 1st achievement guide!

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
GaMeReVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:38 AM   #3
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to get around it. Though, I'm borrowing the set from a friend once the game is released here.

I guess you could buy the set, unlock the achievement and then return it as faulty. But, that's a pretty big risk to take.

(Off-topic: You have 1000 on GH:WT, do you have any tips for Bling, Bling? I have a lot of songs I play, but I don't know if there are many more that I can use to get some quick money.)

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:41 AM   #4
GaMeReVX

GaMeReVX's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MmY295 View Post
(Off-topic: You have 1000 on GH:WT, do you have any tips for Bling, Bling? I have a lot of songs I play, but I don't know if there are many more that I can use to get some quick money.)
Demolition Man (Expert Bass) for the single player. Roughly $1k per run, about $1.4k for FC if I recall.

Can also grind the living hell out of NSTB (Expert Vocals) for $760 per 4:30 run through 100%, more if you're playing band.

For both, don't bother with Star Power.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:53 AM   #5
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Ahh Demo. Man, I hadn't thought of that one.

The 2 I've been using mainly are What's My Age Again? (DLC) - X Guitar and Up Around The Bend - X Bass.

Both are under 3 minutes, and both give roughly $850 a run, which is you double that, it's about $1,700 and is around the same length as playing Rebel Yell and other songs.

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:57 AM   #6
GaMeReVX

GaMeReVX's Gamercard

Quote:

The 2 I've been using mainly are What's My Age Again? (DLC) - X Guitar and Up Around The Bend - X Bass.

Both are under 3 minutes, and both give roughly $850 a run, which is you double that, it's about $1,700 and is around the same length as playing Rebel Yell and other songs.
Hmm..I wouldn't know jack about DLC as I haven't bought any for WT. xD

But yeah, Tutorial achievement sucks. -_-

Old 03-29-2009, 09:20 AM   #7
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeReVX View Post
But yeah, Tutorial achievement sucks. -_-
Ah yes, gotta keep on topic ^_^

Yep, tutorial achievements always suck, you don't need an achievement for them, people will play the tutorials because they need to use them. There's no need in making everyone else do so for an achievement.

Unless, it's as fun as the GH2 one, that narrator made me laugh;

"There was a trailer coming up the side of us, and we were like, dude that looks like our traile-- THAT'S OUR TRAILER!!!" (Not word for word, but nearly there)

Old 03-29-2009, 09:25 AM   #8
Nightdragon

Send a message via MSN to Nightdragon

S3llius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Burnout Paradise Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place   SOTF Runner Up   Submit - Silver   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - First Place   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I'm hoping this is fixed by the time Metallica comes out in the UK, as I really do not want to have to pay for a new set of drums simply for one achievement.

~Currently Not Taking New Requests~

Nightdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:38 AM   #9
GTukC

GTukC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightdragon View Post
I'm hoping this is fixed by the time Metallica comes out in the UK, as I really do not want to have to pay for a new set of drums simply for one achievement.
I second that! I've ordered my region free copy so I doubt it will be fixed by the time I get it. I would be well hacked off to have 990G on it and the only achievement missing is the tutorial.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:46 AM   #10
Bruk

Bruk360's Gamercard
I got a million on World Tour by grinding the hell out of No Sleep Til Brooklyn :P

I set up a 2-player band quickplay, put vocals to expert difficulty up to a fan and let that do its thing while I laid my guitar (beginner difficulty) next to my laptop and strummed a 4x combo every so often to keep from failing. I got between 1300-1500 each run, and I did it for weeks. Very very annoying, haha
Old 03-29-2009, 09:49 AM   #11
Bruk

Bruk360's Gamercard
Oh yeah, I'll probably end up buying a drumkit at Wal-Mart and returning it when I'm done...I'm hoping I can 1000 this game, but holy god the 330,000 on Fight Fire with Fire is proving very very nasty. Haven't tried Creeping Death yet but I saw someone FC it on youtube and he got 602k...gonna be hella close.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:21 AM   #12
B4d33nD

B4d33nD's Gamercard
It is not really worth getting a drum kit for one little achievement. What if you can get your money back...
B4d33nD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #13
Crimson Ridley

But I think he's a lot like me, he has to get 1000 on every Guitar Hero...

Yes Bruk, I stalked your profile and saw the 1000 on every one up until now.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #14
GTukC

GTukC's Gamercard
Having the 1k on the GH series isn't hard though to be honest. The only achievement I can't get is the Assassin drums achievement on WT, sure with a bit of practise I could. The only reason I can't get 1k on GH3 is due to not having anyone decent even remotely near me to help me get through expert career. Had the single player achievements all done about 8 months ago had 5* expert career on GH3 15 months ago . Back on topic, urm yeah I already posted my thoughts. Won't buy a drum kit for 10G but I suppose I bought the camera for R6V2 to get the 1k sooo...
Old 03-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #15
Crimson Ridley

Having the 1000 isn't hard on any game if you are good at it. But most people would never dream of being able to 1k the likes of GH3 and GH2.

Which is what makes getting the 1000 all the more satisfying. Pure skill is involved, there really is no luck.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:38 PM   #16
GTukC

GTukC's Gamercard
Unless you get lucky living near someone who is decent at expert hehe. Which unfortunately I don't. I'm happy with 925 though happy that 75G - Guitar Hero, is near the bottom of my list due to having got it so early

EDIT - Just to let you know Callum(if I may have the privilege of calling you by your name) I love you hehehehe
Old 03-29-2009, 03:04 PM   #17
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTukC View Post
Unless you get lucky living near someone who is decent at expert hehe. Which unfortunately I don't. I'm happy with 925 though happy that 75G - Guitar Hero, is near the bottom of my list due to having got it so early

EDIT - Just to let you know Callum(if I may have the privilege of calling you by your name) I love you hehehehe
Haha Guitar Hero is my last achievement, I'm still but a simple noob at Guitar Hero 3 who has only recently 5 starred RaBl (Who also can't do it again!).

Also, I love you too.

Old 03-29-2009, 04:00 PM   #18
GTukC

GTukC's Gamercard
It took me a while man, now I average 290k on it. Haven't played GH3 in ages though. Waiting for GH:M soooo bad. Can't wait to try tap FSA properly as it doesn't require strumming thanks for posting them links to the new charts btw Jimmy.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #19
GaMeReVX

GaMeReVX's Gamercard

Quote:
Oh yeah, I'll probably end up buying a drumkit at Wal-Mart and returning it when I'm done...I'm hoping I can 1000 this game, but holy god the 330,000 on Fight Fire with Fire is proving very very nasty. Haven't tried Creeping Death yet but I saw someone FC it on youtube and he got 602k...gonna be hella close.
It seems to be that Creeping Death and Fight Fire with Fire achievements require practically at least 97% with an really really good SP. -_-

Old 03-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #20
punker

punkerhardcore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I bet Activision wanted to make the tutorial compatible with the Rock Band drums, but Lars threatened to sue.

Your = possessive. As in, "your grammar sucks."
You're = you are. As in, "you're an idiot for not knowing the difference."

Proper capitalization matters. There is a massive difference between, "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse," and, "i helped my uncle jack off a horse."
punker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:59 AM   #21
What The Buck?

MetallicaChan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by punker View Post
I bet Activision wanted to make the tutorial compatible with the Rock Band drums, but Lars threatened to sue.
LMAO!!!

Oh and yeah, fuck the achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksheets View Post
I bought a new Xbox, because it was red. RED.
What The Buck? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:25 AM   #22
GaMeReVX

GaMeReVX's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by punker View Post
Well yeah, 4 pads & 1 pedal? Not Metal enough. :O

Old 03-30-2009, 05:51 AM   #23
orange20

orange20's Gamercard
umm if i read the chieve list correctly is is only 5 pts for the tutorials. def not worth getting new drums. i have the WT set but if i didnt i wouldnt go buy new ones for 5 pts. borrow someones if u have to
orange20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:53 AM   #24
Dex

Send a message via AIM to Dex

stupid dex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
If it makes you feel any better, Rock Band 2 had a similar achievement, but for guitar. You basically had to 100% a solo using the "solo buttons" (the smaller ones further down the neck), so you had to use the RB1/RB2 guitar to get the achievement. Thankfully a friend of mine owned that horrible guitar controller, so I just borrowed it from him.

Maybe you can rent the GHWT drums from a game store or video rental store? I know Blockbuster used to rent consoles & controllers (back when I had a membership).
Old 03-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #25
chiefgonebad

Send a message via MSN to chiefgonebad

GENETIC VIRUS12's Gamercard

Awards Showcase SOTF Winner
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
I'd better not have to get some drums just to get the stupid tutorial achievement
If you bought a drum set just to get an achievement, an achievement that's only worth like 10 GS, then you are truly an achievement whore.
chiefgonebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #26
NightListenerUK

The Cosmic Duck's Gamercard
Quote:

Easiest way (as you know) is no sleep till... because you dont need to be actively playing.

I messaged you a while ago asking what you were using to give enough noise to the mic - as I don't have a deskfan.

Yesterday however I found some old 120mm pc fans which push ALOT of air so I screwed one into the back of a spare PC case - modded the power supply so its only got the fan plugged into it and taped the world tour microphone to the back of the fan.

Needless to say, the mic picks up the fan noise and when Im not on the 360 playing games (which is a fair amount of time) - I have it switched on boosting bling bling. I only have to hit A 3 times every 5 minutes, and I just put an extra monitor just out of my viewing angle for my pc so it doesnt annoy me or waste loads of power leaving the tv on either

Best part though is that its totally bloody silent apart from the fan noise which is awesome.

Too much info? Sorry!

In other news, I only need to 5 star raining blood and one now - their both 4 starred too.

Jimmy how the hell did you get the achievement for satch boogie but you cant consistenly 5 star raining blood? That achievement is going to ANNOY me when I have bling bling because I WANT 1000 in that game!
NightListenerUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:00 PM   #27
Crimson Ridley

I did Satch Boogie on Hard, it's not that hard to get then.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #28
GaMeReVX

GaMeReVX's Gamercard

Quote:
I did Satch Boogie on Hard, it's not that hard to get then.
Yeah, don't develop a headache like I did and do it on Expert if you only want the achievement.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:36 PM   #29
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Yeah, don't develop a headache like I did and do it on Expert if you only want the achievement.
That's because you aren't as smart in the head as me I'm kidding.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:41 PM   #30
NightListenerUK

The Cosmic Duck's Gamercard
Quote:
Heh, don't worry I'll take Cal's advice

I passed it on expert just before - quite well I might add

I hate these stupid score achievements, I preferred the note streak ones!
NightListenerUK is offline   Reply With Quote