PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > The Sports Bar
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-01-2006, 03:07 PM   #1
IMportdreams95
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to IMportdreams95 Send a message via MSN to IMportdreams95 Send a message via Yahoo to IMportdreams95

Xx IMP0RT xX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Doom Tournament - 3rd Place   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Amature cage fighter - Tristan Yunker

well as most of you know im a HUGE fan of MMA (mixed martial arts) I have a friend here from Indiana that i went to school with etc. He's been a good friend of mine for a few years now. And now he is an amature fighter. Anyway if you love MMA, and want to see this video check it out. its 9 mins long, but its worth it. He made Clay "the carpenter" tap out in 1 min 17 sec of the first round. Clay made his UFC debut at UFC 63 and won his fight. Maybe Tristan is next!?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woiTbdFdvLU

Last edited by IMportdreams95; 02-10-2007 at 02:13 AM.
IMportdreams95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 03:30 PM   #2
SaiSpag

Send a message via MSN to SaiSpag

SaiSpag's Gamercard
The fight at the end was pretty slow paced, didn't seem to be doing much with the strikes. He is pretty badass though.
You spelt Amateur wrong =)

PSU360:: Raito 75 // FoG 10, GT 10, PT 7
SaiSpag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:24 PM   #3
IMportdreams95
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to IMportdreams95 Send a message via MSN to IMportdreams95 Send a message via Yahoo to IMportdreams95

Xx IMP0RT xX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Doom Tournament - 3rd Place   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSpag View Post
The fight at the end was pretty slow paced, didn't seem to be doing much with the strikes. He is pretty badass though.
You spelt Amateur wrong =)
Yeah he the last fight he wasn't trying to do alot of damage to the guy, he was just hitting him to try and get him on his back, for a submission etc. But the dude tapped out due to punches. So i guess it works. and sorry about my grammar, not to smart.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:44 PM   #4
Kaens

Send a message via AIM to Kaens Send a message via MSN to Kaens

kaens's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Let us know if he's ever on the major shows, I'll keep an eye out for him. Unfortunately living in VA I'll never see any small shows so it's just the big ones on ppv for me.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:15 PM   #5
PerpetualHeaven

Send a message via MSN to PerpetualHeaven

Perpalicious's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
He's really good at taking control on the ground and his takedown skills are great. His elbows look a bit weak though and I can't say much for his stamina. Looks like he wore out while he was on top.
His ground game is really good. Great striking, control, and takedowns. His submissions looked good from the Guida fight. He seems like a ground-guru. I would like to see his stand up though.
I'm wondering why he fought at 170 when his record at 155 is perfect. Meh.
I was happy to see he gave that little punk a beat down though. He tried to hit him when they tap gloves. What an asshole.
Achievement Completion %: 97.04
Gamerscore: 68,482

"Don't hate, perpetuate!"
PerpetualHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 05:02 AM   #6
IMportdreams95
Banned User

Xx IMP0RT xX's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualHeaven View Post
He's really good at taking control on the ground and his takedown skills are great. His elbows look a bit weak though and I can't say much for his stamina. Looks like he wore out while he was on top.
His ground game is really good. Great striking, control, and takedowns. His submissions looked good from the Guida fight. He seems like a ground-guru. I would like to see his stand up though.
I'm wondering why he fought at 170 when his record at 155 is perfect. Meh.
I was happy to see he gave that little punk a beat down though. He tried to hit him when they tap gloves. What an asshole.
He fought at 170 bc he wanted to fight. the fight came along and he said he would do it. He has been working on his boxing. if you didnt notice hes a wrestler and a damn good one. went to state a few times in high school.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:19 AM   #7
PerpetualHeaven

Perpalicious's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMportdreams95 View Post
He fought at 170 bc he wanted to fight. the fight came along and he said he would do it. He has been working on his boxing. if you didnt notice hes a wrestler and a damn good one. went to state a few times in high school.
Yeah, his striking is really good. But, I think his stamina seems a little weak for a former wrestler. He looked really worn out when he was pounding down.
But other than that, his striking is really good on the ground and when i saw him working the bag nice quick hard ones.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:09 AM   #8
Kaens

Send a message via AIM to Kaens Send a message via MSN to Kaens

kaens's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualHeaven View Post
Yeah, his striking is really good. But, I think his stamina seems a little weak for a former wrestler. He looked really worn out when he was pounding down.
But other than that, his striking is really good on the ground and when i saw him working the bag nice quick hard ones.
I thought the same thing, but it was a long flurry in all fairness to him. It *could* have been that after his blows were all striking forearms he was being more selective. No point in punching yourself out when you've already got a guy mounted.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:44 PM   #9
PerpetualHeaven

Perpalicious's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaens View Post
I thought the same thing, but it was a long flurry in all fairness to him. It *could* have been that after his blows were all striking forearms he was being more selective. No point in punching yourself out when you've already got a guy mounted.
True but he's still amateur so i'm not going to be too critical.
Like guys in the UFC, you'll see them just fly away once they're on top mostly because if they don't end it there and then, the chances of them losing will increase because they're pros. A lot of guys in the UFC have enough strength to unmount people and turn the fight around.
For example a guy who had great stamina was Vitor Belfort. If you watch his highlights on youtube, that man just throws flurry of punches without even losing speed on them.
But that's an unfair comparsion. Anyways, yeah I hope to see more of this kids fights.

Old 12-02-2006, 03:40 PM   #10
IMportdreams95
Banned User

Xx IMP0RT xX's Gamercard

Yeah i see what you are saying, but like i said he wasn't striking to knock the guy out, he just wanted to make the guy panic so he could submit him. Did you guys see his "finishing submission" move,. the trantula(sp) thats a nasty submission.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:18 PM   #11
Nodogg
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Nodogg Send a message via MSN to Nodogg Send a message via Yahoo to Nodogg

nodogg's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gears of War Annex Challenge Winners   Gears of War Annex Challenge Winners   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Winners
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Tristan will be fine he just needs to working on his punching power a bit more and he will destroy the 155lb class
Nodogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:10 PM   #12
IMportdreams95
Banned User

Xx IMP0RT xX's Gamercard

Well i just got a message from him on Yahoo Messanger and told me to check out this site.
http://www.mmaranks.com/lw

Pretty cool man, ranked 20th not to bad. Keep up the good work man.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:56 PM   #13
graemelunn

kotor legend's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3   Gamer Score League, MVP, Season 3   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Good stuff though I wonder if he would be able to close the distance and get takedowns as quick in a UFC octagon. Remember Mike Weir saying that the major factor that hit him was the increase in ring size and that effectively he had guys running from him.
Seems like a good prospect and really hope that he makes it.