PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-21-2010, 11:25 PM   #31
Qoncrete

Qoncrete's Gamercard
I think it's ridiculous that we will never be able to 100% complete this game.. Hope Ubisoft or Microsoft come to their senses and fix this, because I was wanting to complete every game I own 100%, but I've been demotivated ever since I read this
Qoncrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:57 AM   #32
KH POPASMURF KH

DrummerShane252's Gamercard
Unlock

Is there anyway microsoft could unlock them for us?
KH POPASMURF KH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #33
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
Hm, you know what, that could easily be done I'm guessing and I've wondered that myself but I've never taken the initiative to call them for that. Mainly because the help line is pretty bad but if you want to give that a shot, call 1-800-MYXBOX (I'm pretty sure that's it) and talk to an agent. Ask them about it and tell us their response.
GTA4 Wanted UNLOCKED - 8/22/10
DoAX2 Collections Gifted: 15/72

I don't have time to freely help people in games, sorry guys! Messages asking for so will be ignored as well as random friend requests.
IceKingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #34
Qoncrete

Qoncrete's Gamercard
I just booted the game and got an update.. Maybe they fixed them after all?
Old 02-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #35
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
I'd say give it a try but I really doubt it. Unless you just played the game recently patches will undo themselves if you have played many games since the last time you played Naruto. Some consoles also wear down and uninstall patches faster than others. Mine holds around 10 games while my friends Xbox forgets the patch of a game he just played.

I don't have time to freely help people in games, sorry guys! Messages asking for so will be ignored as well as random friend requests.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #36
Qoncrete

Qoncrete's Gamercard
Oh right.. didn't know that, thanks Well, guess it's just too good to be true
Old 03-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #37
speed gun

havent got all the achievements for this game yet dont have it anymore but it seems we aint gonna get these achievements fixed
speed gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:41 AM   #38
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
Hm, I'm calling MS right now and currently on hold after addressing the 4 glitched achievements to a person over their phoneline. Hopefully I may make some progress here. I'm hoping if worse comes to worse, they can just unlock the 4 achievements for me, proving that these achievements are 'obtainable' I'll keep you guys posted in just a few minutes hopefully.

Edit: Eh no luck. They said because it's a 3rd party game that they have 0 control over that in game problem. It's all up to Ubisoft. Now they did say that they would send the issue over to some upper management and inform them that we've been calling them for over 2 years about this problem so who knows. I'm just asking you guys though, please help out. Email, call Ubisoft, the more and more people who address this issue to Ubisoft could get something going for us. Just don't give up if you really want these achievements!

Last edited by IceKingz; 03-03-2010 at 02:52 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #39
SmiddyUK

Final Getsuga's Gamercard
well just heard back from the ubi technical support and apparently they arent working on a patch so thats great maybe if enough people kick up a storm they'll take notice

"Your powerless friends only serve as weights to break your legs."
"I didn't come here to fight you! I CAME TO VIOLENTLY KILL YOU!"

SmiddyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #40
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
Did you email or call them by the way? Just tell me where you went to and I'll help out as well. Glad to know I'm not the only one working on this =/

Old 03-11-2010, 09:06 PM   #41
SmiddyUK

Final Getsuga's Gamercard
i emailed them, i went on the ubisoft website then to support and i think there was an option to ask a question or something along those lines, you'll need a ubi account though.

"Your powerless friends only serve as weights to break your legs."
"I didn't come here to fight you! I CAME TO VIOLENTLY KILL YOU!"

SmiddyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:12 PM   #42
Qoncrete

Qoncrete's Gamercard
I did the same as SmiddyUK. I emailed them the following:

The 4 DLC achievements are glitched. Is there any chance they will be fixed? Has been like this for over 2 years and you keep ignoring my mails. The achievements for Choji, Temari, Jiraiya and Sarutobi (Third Hokage) are not unlocking when the requirements are met.

Please look in to this and keep me posted.

They responded yesterday with:

Hello,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention, we will feed the information back. If a solution to this issue is found we will post it on our support pages.

Kind Regards,
Ubisoft Technical Support.

Not getting my hopes up, but maybe if enough people contact them they will fix the achievements..
Old 04-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #43
Compgeek_36

Connorbs's Gamercard
There are quite a few people nowadays that have this achievement and I too am wondering if there is an obscure thing you have to do, or not do to obain it.(example, never lose in the FoD, thus never tripping the piece of code that changes some variable to false). These people seem to have it legit too, since gamers like lmdl1986 have it with an Acquired Date appended to it.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #44
Super Geek No1

Super Geek No 1's Gamercard
For those of us in the UK we should write to SENTUAMESSAGE and get them to address it for us all in favour of this say I

Super Geek No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:29 AM   #45
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
Are you sure about this Compgeek? If so you should message them. Now-a-days I wouldn't doubt you can gamesave and all of that crap online though. =/

Edit: Looking at LMD's profile, he looks pretty suspicious. He's 100% GoW1, 2, CoDWAW (with 10th Prestige) and many other games. Now while that's possible he has about 10 games 100% and about 10 with 0/1000...really LMD, just pop in games and never play them? Doubt it...I'm calling BS.

Last edited by IceKingz; 04-21-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:19 AM   #46
mugginyouoff

Salaryman Clev's Gamercard
The last time I e-mailed Ubisoft was a few months back but what they basically said to me was mail them my copy of the game and write down whatever game I wanted and they'd send that to me instead. I'm a UK resident.

Can't see these achievements ever being patched, just don't buy Ubisoft's products.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:16 PM   #47
H3L xSHARINGANx

H3L xSHARINGANx's Gamercard
Angry

Ubisoft can blow me. This totally sucks my 100% completion dry.
H3L xSHARINGANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:51 PM   #48
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Ubisoft would fix this glitch if everyone do like me..I'm not purchasing more games from Ubi until they fix this. never again..
Old 06-01-2010, 12:37 AM   #49
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
Even then they'd probably just go bankrupt and drop out of the market. They are too dumb to spot any sort of major problem.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:13 AM   #50
PerceeP927

Statik Shocker's Gamercard
ubisoft gets the good games and screws them up. far cry 2 was great but the corrupt save files and glitched achievements screwed it up. ubisoft blows
Old 06-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #51
RedDragon4275

reddragon4275's Gamercard
I currently have a question open with Ubisoft about this. They are trying to tell me that it is not a glitch. Basically they are sticking to the assumption that the Achievements work. They've tried closing the ticket a few times, but I'm not letting them. >_O

This seriously needs fixed. These four achievements are the last ones I need for this game.
RedDragon4275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:19 PM   #52
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
Thanks Red! The more people we can get to do this the more the attention to this issue will arise. I have low hopes that they will fix it to be quite honest seeing how long it's been BUT that's no excuse to not try. I'd rather us make an attempt to get this issue sorted out rather than leave it out to die more.

Edit: I sent another request for the fix on their site as well. Remember guys, a lot of the support people don't know a whole bunch about the issue and they are basically told to say certain things. Just approach them with a nicely worded message and give them some information as to why the achievements are glitched. No 'FIX THIS **** DANGIT UBI!'

Last edited by IceKingz; 06-30-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:25 PM   #53
RedDragon4275

Yeah, they tried to close it out again. I even referred them to this Forum Thread. Lol.

Every time they try to close it without saying anything I just update it stating "This is not solved." I've said it once and I'll say it again... I'm not backing down from this. I'll call them if I have to. I bought each character pack for 500 MS Points each so that I could earn the Game Completion and get my Gamerscore.

They need to do one of the following:

1. Fix it, meaning make the Achievements Work.
2. Remove the Price from the Characters, because just being able to play them and not get anything for it is bull.
3. Remove the Achievements so that we can at least have Completed Game status.

Anyone else agree with this?
Old 06-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #54
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
I completely agree even with the fact of deleting the achievements although I think because of gamesavers that they won't do that. =/

Anyways he responded, I'll post my whole conversation so far.

Me -Hello, I'm sure you guys know by now but since the last two DLC packs have come out for this game (Naruto), the achievements have been glitched and there is absolutely no way to unlock them. I myself am a very hard core achievement collector and I know plenty of others as well. A lot of others have tried asking here as well and they have had no luck. All I'm asking is that you get a team together to make a simple patch for those achievements.

In case you weren't aware the achievement for Shikamaru Forest of Death was originally glitched as well. It simply did not unlock when you complete the requirements. After a while they fixed that problem with an additional DLC pack. Shortly after when the DLC packs for Temari, Jiraiya, Sarutobi, and Choji came out, they had the same exact problem. The only additional problem was that they never bothered to fix them.

Please, as an achievement collector it really pains me to see that this game will never be completed while I spend time and effort into completing all of my games. Just recently a few other games had glitched achievements fixed a few years after releasing the games themselves which gives many of us hope. It's not impossible Ubisoft, please help fix them.

His (short and scripted) answer -Thank you for reporting this issue. I have sent this along through the appropriate channels for processing. If this issue is resolved, the solution will appear on the support section of our website.

My response (Here's where my aggressive persuasion starts to kick in)-Alright thanks but can I get more confirmation on that? This achievement has had these issues for years and many people have come in asking the same questions. If you give them the same responses as you have with me then I would assume that the solution WOULD already appear in the support section. There's nothing that I can do to fix this problem. We specifically need your guys' help in placing a patch for the game. That IS the solution.

If it's possible will you keep me updated on the status of a patch in the next few days?

Old 07-01-2010, 01:31 AM   #55
RedDragon4275

I'll post mine thus far as well then:

Me: In Naruto - Rise of a Ninja, four of your achievements do not work. They are the following:
Jiraiya - Forest of Death Exam
Complete the Forest of Death exam as Jiraiya.
Sarutobi - Forest of Death Exam
Complete the Forest of Death exam as Sarutobi.
Choji - Forest of Death Exam
Complete the Forest of Death exam as Choji.
Temari - Forest of Death Exam
Complete the Forest of Death exam as Temari.

Are there any plans to patch this so they will work? Its very annoying going through the Forest of Death with these characters for the Achievements and they don't unlock. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Jason(Tech) : Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support. Unfortunately, the issue you are having is related to general gameplay hints and tips that is either covered in the manual, or is available via another source such as the Ubisoft forums (http://www.ubi.com/US/Community/ForumBrowser.aspx).

You may be able to find hints, tips, and walkthroughs for this game for free by visiting fan led websites such as http://www.gamefaqs.com and http://www.ign.com.

Me: No, you are incorrect. It has nothing to do with general Gameplay hints and tips. Forgive me if I didn't make it clear enough, but I have met the requirements to Unlock the Achievements. They do not unlock, meaning that it is a bug and needs to be patched. I cleared my Cache on my Xbox 360 and re-downloaded the Patch. I have also deleted the extra characters and re-downloaded the character packs. I have all the other Forest of Death Achievements with all the other Characters so I'm quite familiar with how to unlock the achievements.

Are there any plans to have this patched so the Achievements work correctly? Meaning when I take a character, lets say Temari, through the Forest of Death (as I've done about 5 other times so far) the achievement will unlock and give me my earned Gamer score and Game Completion.

As stated above, the achievements do not work for only four characters. These characters are bought through the DLC Character Packs for 500 Microsoft Points per set. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

(After this, no response was given... The question was just closed so I reopened it with) : This is not solved and should be looked at again.

Jason(Tech) : Richard,

As indicated previously, this is not a bug, glitch, or any other sort of problem with the game. Please check the links listed in the previous response for assistance with this gameplay issue. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Me: Ok, so even though it doesn't work it's not a bug?

The Achievement Says "Complete the Forest of Death exam as Temari." I've done that about 7 times so far. Those are the specifications to unlock the Achievement. It does NOT unlock the achievement when you do that so it is indeed broken.

(No Response.)

Me: If you need further convincing that the Achievements are broken please look at this Forum Thread from Xbox360Achievements.org:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137051

Many users have been complaining and trying to contact Ubisoft about this for over a year.

(No Response again... They closed the Question AGAIN. So I opened it again stating) : This is not solved.

And thats pretty much it so far. I expect another reply/closure tomorrow. Wonder how it will go from here?

Edit:
I also wonder if they know their Link to the Ubisoft Forums is broken... I guess we can't expect them to fix this mistake until they fix their own scripted answers. Lol.

Last edited by RedDragon4275; 07-01-2010 at 01:33 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:04 AM   #56
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post
I'll post mine thus far as well then:

Jason(Tech) : Richard,

As indicated previously, this is not a bug, glitch, or any other sort of problem with the game. Please check the links listed in the previous response for assistance with this gameplay issue. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Me: Ok, so even though it doesn't work it's not a bug?
Hehe, I like how he shifts his tone over text at you on this line. Keep it up man, I got a friend whose going to send a topic over to them as well. He doesn't have the game but he's pretty well informed about it.

Another thing we were thinking of but of course it's a pretty big extreme and I can't say I'd be able to pull this off but...legal matters?

In the text it states that this DLC pack comes with the download characters AS WELL AS additional achievements. So...in a sense we are paying for both the characters and the achievements BUT the achievements don't work... Do you buy a brand new HDTV that should work fully but instead the screens busted allowing no visual feedback? Of course not, you go back and get a refund AT LEAST. We are paying for this and we expect to get the full product.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #57
RedDragon4275

Yeah, I know. I kind of felt he was getting rude as well. I've thought about legal matters as well, but I feel we'll kinda get laughed at in court. The reason being that the Product was only 500 MS Points (Purchased for what... 8 bucks?) I'm not really sure if a court would go for that.

On the other hand, speaking strictly software and programming... Its broken. It needs fixed. I'm not sure how it would go. If anyone wants to start it up I'll be more than happy to help. :P
Old 07-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #58
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
Ya something like that would be tough to pull off, I'd say we just stick with heckling them until we get the patch.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #59
RedDragon4275

It would be pretty interesting to prove in court though. :P

"Well Your Honor... Just let me hook my Xbox 360 up in here and let me pwn some n00bs with Temari... It'll take only a few minutes!"

That would be slightly hysterical.

Update:
They tried to close my question again... So I had this to say:

Ok, someone else needs to check this out now. You're obviously not helping. I know this is a Technical Support site. I have a Technical Problem (as well as many people) and you are refusing to help. I don't mean this to sound rude, but I know you say this is a "General Gameplay Hints and Tips Problem" but it isn't.

How hard is it to simply go into the code of those Achievements and change it so that they work? You did it for Shikamaru when it didn't work. You did it for one character (Which you can obtain for free!), but can't do it for the ones that we pay for?

So yet again. This issue is not solved. Please fix the achievements so that they work.

Last edited by RedDragon4275; 07-01-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #60
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
Yep, they tried closing mine as well without responding and I opened it back up with a statement saying that not responding definitely does not answer my question and that I had proved their previous answer wrong.

Either way they are going to give a fight but who knows what that could lead to. If they keep closing it without saying anything I will try to find a way to call a telephone line and get a hold of a manager or someone of a higher staff ranking. That might be the next plan of action