PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Beowulf
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
General Rebel
 
General Rebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NoCal
Posts: 364

General Rebel's Gamercard
Thumbs down Top ten reasons Beowulf sucks -SPOILERS-

Top 10 reasons Beowulf SUCKS –SPOILERS-

10-Slow response gameplay – when hitting an enemy then changing to block or evade, it’s slow to respond & then you get it.

9-Button mashing. Several times with the Wolf, I was had to switch to my middle finger instead of my thumb because I was not hitting B fast enough & my thumb got sore! The wolf got away, & I had to do that part over again.

8-Level 10 auto save. I quit, then after starting up again, had to “defeat the horde” as well as the big troll –again- Why did it go back to that part?

7-After level ten, you end up on the beach, & there’s a monkey dude up there you have to beat. I played for over an hour, killing all the other monkey idiots coming from the water, & the main guy never came down. When he finally did & I killed him, there’s no auto save. WTF

6-Then the “Defend the relic” is stupid. One guy gets past & you’re screwed.

5-“Defend the Relic” After doing this & not succeeding (yes I read the posts) I quit –only to go back to level 10 –see reason number 8 above.

4-Slimy evil temptress is lame-o. What’s the point? Is she supposed to be sexy in her slime-covered nudity? Gross…

3-Killing crabs? C’mon -ties with poor game anumation-

2-The singing – it’s stupid. The song is funny once (sort of), but the concept is lame.

And the number one reason this game sucks is:
The movie was lame, & you DO NOT have to make a game just because there’s a movie.
As Forest Gump said: “Stupid is as stupid does.”
__________________
Boosting many games. If you send a message to boost or an FR, be specific as to what you want.

My Gamertag IS General Rebel

General Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
General Rebel
 
General Rebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NoCal
Posts: 364

General Rebel's Gamercard
Talking U can disagree...

Hey SMacD up - That's what makes the world a free place, you can disagree... but you don't have to slam me personally.
you said:
"Basically, it looks like you're just bitching about the game cause you suck at it."
No, I don't suck, I was annoyed.
Also:
"I pretty much disagree with every opinion you've posted here."
You CAN disagree, but I will not use this website -which I use a lot- to insult others.
I am not the only one who found this game disagreeable.
For points/achievements I will play something more fun & not annoying.
__________________
Boosting many games. If you send a message to boost or an FR, be specific as to what you want.

My Gamertag IS General Rebel

General Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
oDrPepper
 
oDrPepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chester, England
Posts: 1,646

SolidaritY IX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
You must understand though, if everyone posted threads just to state their opinion on a certain game we would just be spammed by a bunch of useless threads that nobody wanted to read.

No offense, but if you don't like the game, don't play it and don't make threads on it.
oDrPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
General Rebel
 
General Rebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NoCal
Posts: 364

General Rebel's Gamercard
Cool hey...

I wrote, but I didn't make anybody read the post.

I am done here.
__________________
Boosting many games. If you send a message to boost or an FR, be specific as to what you want.

My Gamertag IS General Rebel

General Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #5
thejackyltm
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 159
Send a message via AIM to thejackyltm Send a message via Yahoo to thejackyltm

thejackyltm's Gamercard
i thought the game was fun AT FIRST. not the worst game and not the best. but somewhat enjoyable so far. as far as the movie i got it on hd and i love it. loved the poem as well.
thejackyltm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #6
HAK Devil
 
HAK Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 546
Send a message via MSN to HAK Devil

HAK Devil x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The movie was good but this game is one of the worst I have ever played. I would like to add a reason 11 to that list.

11 - This may not affect everyone but the game has the possibility of glitching and not awarding you the achievement for collecting all of the runes. To date, I have found all 15 carnal runes alongside the extra 16th rune that was posted in the collectibles guide but the game only registers me as finding 14..

Oh and the save glitch crap is total bs. I was sent back to the beginning of level 10 after quitting at the end of level 11 as well. Can't wait to get my 1000 and get this over with since the points are relatively easy in the game (in response to the guy who said if you don't like it to not play it.)
__________________
100,000 GamerScore achieved on 8/8/2010 at 9:35 PM with 89.13% GamerScore Completion!!
HAK Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:35 AM   #7
Bishop566
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ecorse Heights, MI
Posts: 82

Bishop566x's Gamercard
Id rather get kicked in the nuts than play this game again!
Bishop566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #8
thejackyltm
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 159
Send a message via AIM to thejackyltm Send a message via Yahoo to thejackyltm

thejackyltm's Gamercard
the more you play this game the more you hate it, plain and simple. I was going to play through it a second time to get the full 1000 as ivej ust recently started really caring about achievements but a quarter of the way through and one controller thrown no way. its not worth it.
thejackyltm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:05 PM   #9
iBlessing 09
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Albion
Posts: 3,808

Rare Name's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Rebel View Post
Top 10 reasons Beowulf SUCKS –SPOILERS-

10-Slow response gameplay – when hitting an enemy then changing to block or evade, it’s slow to respond & then you get it.

9-Button mashing. Several times with the Wolf, I was had to switch to my middle finger instead of my thumb because I was not hitting B fast enough & my thumb got sore! The wolf got away, & I had to do that part over again.

8-Level 10 auto save. I quit, then after starting up again, had to “defeat the horde” as well as the big troll –again- Why did it go back to that part?

7-After level ten, you end up on the beach, & there’s a monkey dude up there you have to beat. I played for over an hour, killing all the other monkey idiots coming from the water, & the main guy never came down. When he finally did & I killed him, there’s no auto save. WTF

6-Then the “Defend the relic” is stupid. One guy gets past & you’re screwed.

5-“Defend the Relic” After doing this & not succeeding (yes I read the posts) I quit –only to go back to level 10 –see reason number 8 above.

4-Slimy evil temptress is lame-o. What’s the point? Is she supposed to be sexy in her slime-covered nudity? Gross…

3-Killing crabs? C’mon -ties with poor game anumation-

2-The singing – it’s stupid. The song is funny once (sort of), but the concept is lame.

And the number one reason this game sucks is:
The movie was lame, & you DO NOT have to make a game just because there’s a movie.
As Forest Gump said: “Stupid is as stupid does.”
U've ruined my life! i was going to buy this now im so sad! Well nt really, it sounds rubbish, ty 4 the advice, drinking now
iBlessing 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #10
DUBBLEUP
 
DUBBLEUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 218

DUBBLEUP's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Rebel View Post
Top 10 reasons Beowulf SUCKS –SPOILERS-

10-Slow response gameplay – when hitting an enemy then changing to block or evade, it’s slow to respond & then you get it.

9-Button mashing. Several times with the Wolf, I was had to switch to my middle finger instead of my thumb because I was not hitting B fast enough & my thumb got sore! The wolf got away, & I had to do that part over again.

8-Level 10 auto save. I quit, then after starting up again, had to “defeat the horde” as well as the big troll –again- Why did it go back to that part?

7-After level ten, you end up on the beach, & there’s a monkey dude up there you have to beat. I played for over an hour, killing all the other monkey idiots coming from the water, & the main guy never came down. When he finally did & I killed him, there’s no auto save. WTF

6-Then the “Defend the relic” is stupid. One guy gets past & you’re screwed.

5-“Defend the Relic” After doing this & not succeeding (yes I read the posts) I quit –only to go back to level 10 –see reason number 8 above.

4-Slimy evil temptress is lame-o. What’s the point? Is she supposed to be sexy in her slime-covered nudity? Gross…

3-Killing crabs? C’mon -ties with poor game anumation-

2-The singing – it’s stupid. The song is funny once (sort of), but the concept is lame.

And the number one reason this game sucks is:
The movie was lame, & you DO NOT have to make a game just because there’s a movie.
As Forest Gump said: “Stupid is as stupid does.”

I too, was a bit frustrated with the game when I first started playing it. I'm like that with ALL games that aren't as easy to pick up as Kung-Fu Panda, but come on this is going way over board.

10 - The reason you're not blocking the enemies strike immediately after you swing is because you probably just missed the guy and he was already in his "wind-up" stage before you even swung. So therefore He hits you before you could gain your composure and block him.

9 - I'll admit the button mashing was a pain when going for heroic. But then again I made the mistake at going for heroic on legendary. So i'm sure it was far worse for me. However, if you're in carnal mode you dont have to mash the button so fast. So the boss killed you and now you have to fight him again? That really isn't a new concept in gaming.

8 - The auto-save feature is kind of lame, but you only had to fight another troll, big deal.

7 - That part is quite easy, it doesn't deserve a following auto-save. I'm sure after you figured it out the first time it only took you 5 minutes to beat it the second time around.

6 - There are a couple different ways on getting passed that section. It takes them 7 - 8 hits to destroy the relic and it only takes you two hits to kill them. If one guy gets by, just hit him a couple times, what's the big deal?

5 - If you exit the whole game it will bring you back to the very beginning of whatever level you were on. The levels aren't that long.

4 - What?? Not even worth my time.

3 - The game has decent "anumation." The bosses look good. Yes you kill crabs. You also kill gigantic trolls, a gigantic wolf, a fire breathing dragon. What's your point?

2 - I personally like the chanting. It's not at all difficult.

1 - I enjoyed the movie thoroughly and they will forever be creating games tied to upcoming movies as long as Ubisoft is around
__________________
DUBBLEUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:02 AM   #11
v SnOwMaN v
 
v SnOwMaN v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fayetteville, Nc
Posts: 1,773

CW Rozay's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
So far I like it. Pretty fun. Just got it yesterday.
__________________


U N P L U G Y A E T H E R N E T B O Y


v SnOwMaN v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:26 AM   #12
Bluetooth1987
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cirencester
Posts: 38

Bluetooth1987's Gamercard
cant be that bad???
__________________
Where I Come From Having A Dream Doesn't Make You Smart Knowing It Wont Come True?..........That Does

Bluetooth1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:57 AM   #13
Dave of Canada
 
Dave of Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 182

Dave of Canada's Gamercard
Quote:
2-The singing – it’s stupid. The song is funny once (sort of), but the concept is lame.
The hell? This was the best part of the game!

Oh, we are Beowulf's army.
Each a mighty Thane
We'll pummel your asses
and ravage your lasses
and do it all again!

__________________


Retail 1000+: Mass Effect (1200), Halo 3 (1080), Lord of the Rings: Conquest, Oblivion (1250), Lego Indiana Jones, Phantasy Star Universe (1000), Fable 2 (1350), Dragon Age: Origins (1375), Terminator: Salvation, Darksiders, Mass Effect 2 (1015), Fallout 3 (1550), Jurassic: The Hunted, CSI: Hard Evidence.

Arcade 200s: Dash of Destruction, Mega Man 10, Banjo Kazooie.
Dave of Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:44 AM   #14
Bahaumaut
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 255

Bahaumaut's Gamercard
The save point F***ed me over, myself. At the fire pit area (reviewer was right... WTF was behind this design?), lost Wiglaf to Carnal. After restarting, Beowulf decides to stand still and do his nails. No controller input aside from the Guide button... and nobody attacking him to try and at least kill the bastard so that it could restart. Not sure if that'd help, as the health bar wasn't present.

Too many annoyances overall to prevent this from being a good game. It's as if they had a brainstorming session, and threw everything they could in, without actually thinking of how to mess it together, nor to 'smooth' the razor-sharp edges of game design that cut you badly as a player. Good thing this is a rental. You'd have to pay me to own this one.
Bahaumaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:34 PM   #15
Faithxchaos
 
Faithxchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bourne, UK
Posts: 118
Send a message via MSN to Faithxchaos

Faithxchaos's Gamercard
This game is bad...but no where near the level of badness as Leisure Suit Larry...now thats a crap game! Altho I've not played this game in a while and have been thinking about renting it again and going for the achievo's, so maybe after sometime with it again it'll rekindle my hatred.
__________________

xXHandguns For HeartsXx

Faithxchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:17 PM   #16
Angus Macready
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 19

Angus Macready's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithxchaos View Post
This game is bad...but no where near the level of badness as Leisure Suit Larry...now thats a crap game! Altho I've not played this game in a while and have been thinking about renting it again and going for the achievo's, so maybe after sometime with it again it'll rekindle my hatred.

I now will feel better about playing this game. Because, if I had to indure that POS Leisure Suit Larry for the full 1000, this should be a cake walk.
Angus Macready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:27 PM   #17
Owen H Brown
 
Owen H Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 238

Owen H Brown's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by oDrPepper View Post
You must understand though, if everyone posted threads just to state their opinion on a certain game we would just be spammed by a bunch of useless threads that nobody wanted to read.

No offense, but if you don't like the game, don't play it and don't make threads on it.
You dope... opinions, positive or negative, stimulate discussion, which is the whole point of an internet forum.

I still think I will get this game. It's only about 18 AUSD, so I might as well!
Owen H Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:40 AM   #18
Poida
 
Poida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 1,722
Send a message via MSN to Poida Send a message via Yahoo to Poida

poida86's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen H Brown View Post
You dope... opinions, positive or negative, stimulate discussion, which is the whole point of an internet forum.

I still think I will get this game. It's only about 18 AUSD, so I might as well!
I got mine for 7 bucks brand new lol for a cheap game it is pretty good.
__________________
Poida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #19
AlexWideScreen
 
AlexWideScreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12

Alex WS's Gamercard
Doesn't sound like it's worth it to get 1k.
AlexWideScreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:00 AM   #20
Poida
 
Poida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 1,722
Send a message via MSN to Poida Send a message via Yahoo to Poida

poida86's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I fully take back my previous post. This game is a pile of shit.
__________________
Poida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:49 AM   #21
HamsterLV
 
HamsterLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 737

HamsterLV's Gamercard
How do you know when this shit games saves?! Any way to save yourself!?
__________________
Games played 256
1000 points (180 games)


1000+ points (42 games)

AVERAGE POINTS PER GAME - 1050+

Want to boost
= COD 3
HamsterLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:01 AM   #22
Craftee
 
Craftee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Walking the world with my Shotgun
Posts: 123

Craftee's Gamercard
fail

fail on OP
i like his number 1 reason and yet hes got the game lol.....
Craftee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:11 AM   #23
hydrosugar
 
hydrosugar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dream Land
Posts: 4,637

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Rebel View Post
Top 10 reasons Beowulf SUCKS –SPOILERS-

10-Slow response gameplay – when hitting an enemy then changing to block or evade, it’s slow to respond & then you get it.

9-Button mashing. Several times with the Wolf, I was had to switch to my middle finger instead of my thumb because I was not hitting B fast enough & my thumb got sore! The wolf got away, & I had to do that part over again.

8-Level 10 auto save. I quit, then after starting up again, had to “defeat the horde” as well as the big troll –again- Why did it go back to that part?

7-After level ten, you end up on the beach, & there’s a monkey dude up there you have to beat. I played for over an hour, killing all the other monkey idiots coming from the water, & the main guy never came down. When he finally did & I killed him, there’s no auto save. WTF

6-Then the “Defend the relic” is stupid. One guy gets past & you’re screwed.

5-“Defend the Relic” After doing this & not succeeding (yes I read the posts) I quit –only to go back to level 10 –see reason number 8 above.

4-Slimy evil temptress is lame-o. What’s the point? Is she supposed to be sexy in her slime-covered nudity? Gross…

3-Killing crabs? C’mon -ties with poor game anumation-

2-The singing – it’s stupid. The song is funny once (sort of), but the concept is lame.

And the number one reason this game sucks is:
The movie was lame, & you DO NOT have to make a game just because there’s a movie.
As Forest Gump said: “Stupid is as stupid does.”
lol at 'top' ten. seems like u can rattle off another 30
im not playing this piece of shit not worth my time or 1000 points
__________________
hydrosugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:21 PM   #24
greypen
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5
Amen soul sistuh.
greypen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:29 PM   #25
d0nkeytr0n
 
d0nkeytr0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Blackburn. UK
Posts: 92

d0nkeytr0n's Gamercard
11 - It's fucking shit
__________________
d0nkeytr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:47 PM   #26
transformer809
 
transformer809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 108

MyAssAffect3's Gamercard
i know it's bad game but is it easy to get 1000 on?
__________________
Willing to boost achievements on

Diablo Reaper of Souls
transformer809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #27
purpleinsect
 
purpleinsect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 342

MissRiddlez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well the movie was already so terrible that a game from that one can't be good. No matter how anyone tries
purpleinsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #28
KiraNerys2008
 
KiraNerys2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5

KiraNerys2008's Gamercard
I rented this game, and I played it for about an hour. The camera angles are rubbish and the button selection during battles is difficult with all the action going on in the background. Just too difficult, it might be my ability, but it's just not worth getting to the end of the game!
__________________
KiraNerys2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #29
DJ RJester
 
DJ RJester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 508

DJ RJester's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
I have to admit I quite liked this game as it was one of the easier 1000 point games. I was more disappointed with the movie as I expected more from it and generally you sort of know what type of game it is going to be when it is a movie tie in game.
DJ RJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:49 PM.