Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
JJBDude

Send a message via MSN to JJBDude

JJBDude48's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
EASY way to 30x combo

On the Ruffin' It level towards the end of the game I was able to get this achievement with extreme ease. Basically you'll have guys spawning and you need to kill them (early on in the level, first enemey encounter), eventually you'll be able to defeat all enemies apart from one guy who has two shields for arms. If you do it correctly you will be able to attack him and then he blocks. He will forever block you as long as you change what attack you do so I figured I would press X followed by LB to do laser eyes and he would keep blocking while my combo builds up.

It becomes very easy when you do it like this, I hope this helps.
JJBDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
kizwiz

Send a message via MSN to kizwiz

kizwiz's Gamercard
Thats where I got 15 Combo from atleast. I didnt really try but it does sound easy so will give it a shot later.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:27 AM   #3
Dude Rain

Dude Rain's Gamercard
This worked much better than the strategy in the achievement guide. Thank you very much!

360voice || TrueAchievements
Dude Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:33 AM   #4
Motrahtox

Motrahtox's Gamercard
I think this might depend on what youre better at because I got a 39x combo the 2nd try with the achievement guide method.

I tried the method posted in this thread first and for some reason I always didnt have enough energy to get up to a 30x on disky. Usually got up to 23x and I tried while keeping the other two guys alive just to get the extra hits, but they usaully hit me when I was around 20x or so on disky.

Doesnt matter now since I got it, but I just figured Id give a little input for anyone else that may have this problem.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:50 PM   #5
NUTZILLA313

NUTZILLA313's Gamercard
Yep this worked first time I tried it, thanks a bunch.
NUTZILLA313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
still good method thx anyway!

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:21 PM   #7
italosk8

Send a message via MSN to italosk8

ScaRFacE XT660's Gamercard
Its work perfect thanks alot bro.. ^^
italosk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:19 PM   #8
Masklin

SILVERsifDURFER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I found this way easier for me, cheers. I tried on calico and got to 29x then after that could only get around 23x or 24x but got it 1st time with this method

Completed Games
Masklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:08 AM   #9
The Pink Catt

AHN Pink Catt's Gamercard
This worked perfect
Old 07-25-2009, 05:06 PM   #10
Feonyx

Send a message via Yahoo to Feonyx

feonyx's Gamercard
How is this possible? You run out of energy at around 28 hits even if you have all the upgrades! And even if I slow down the attacks to try and regen power between eye nukes.

I try x, slight pause, y, slight pause, LB over and over and I'm lost... I might retry getting Calico tonight.

Feonyx

Last edited by Feonyx; 07-25-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Feonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:12 AM   #11
Feonyx

Send a message via Yahoo to Feonyx

feonyx's Gamercard
Ok so I tried "Roughing it" to no avail and then finally I found a way to get 30+ every time on the Calico Fight. Since I have learned so much from these boards I decided to share

Hit Calico until he teleports to a healing station. Now when you are near the healing station hit him with "Y" and then "LB" hold down so that it hits him repeatedly. Repeat the "Y" and "LB" if he hits you away until he teleports to the healing station (Your combo is STILL running if he has teleported and not hit you). Now hit him with a handul of "Y" hits and the hold down "LB" and you get 30+ hits. If you find you get too far away from him with the laser eyes position your back to the wall when you start hitting him so you shouldn't move too much and show easily get 30+ hits.

Feonyx
Feonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #12
boldyno1

boldyno1's Gamercard

ruffin it level worked a treat
Old 08-11-2009, 04:04 AM   #13
Bill 13

Bill 13's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feonyx View Post
Ok so I tried "Roughing it" to no avail and then finally I found a way to get 30+ every time on the Calico Fight. Since I have learned so much from these boards I decided to share

Hit Calico until he teleports to a healing station. Now when you are near the healing station hit him with "Y" and then "LB" hold down so that it hits him repeatedly. Repeat the "Y" and "LB" if he hits you away until he teleports to the healing station (Your combo is STILL running if he has teleported and not hit you). Now hit him with a handul of "Y" hits and the hold down "LB" and you get 30+ hits. If you find you get too far away from him with the laser eyes position your back to the wall when you start hitting him so you shouldn't move too much and show easily get 30+ hits.

Feonyx
Thank you! I tried Ruffin' It a few times but kept killing the guy somehow before getting much of a combo. This method takes a bit of a fluke where he runs off before hitting you but once you get the hang of it you're fine. I ended up with a 46 to get the achievement. You have to be careful not to destroy his recharging station to have the best chance.
Bill 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:50 PM   #14
xEndriux

xEndriux's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill 13 View Post
Thank you! I tried Ruffin' It a few times but kept killing the guy somehow before getting much of a combo. This method takes a bit of a fluke where he runs off before hitting you but once you get the hang of it you're fine. I ended up with a 46 to get the achievement. You have to be careful not to destroy his recharging station to have the best chance.
there's one thing I don't understand :
I hit him with Y then LB and I can get more or less 15 combo
after that he hit me, I go near him again but when I jump and push Y
the combo start from 1
What I do wrong ?

Edit: ok I got it, I used the method described fro the Ruffin' it Level thx a lot
Thx

Seriously 3.0 unlocked 2/20/2012
1st on x360a: Metro Last Light - Metro 2033 - PES2010 - PES2011- FableIII Traitor's Keep - Marvel SSH:TIG Thanos Throwdown

Completed XBLA: 44/44
Completed Retail: 189/191
Completed Retail with DLC: 189/191
GS Completion: 99.95%

Last edited by xEndriux; 08-27-2009 at 10:28 AM.
xEndriux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #15
jds515

euph0ricmisery's Gamercard
The Ruffin It Method isn't working for me at all. I just keep killing that disk guy. Guess I gotta try the boss fight again.

jds515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #16
FailedSeppuku

FailedSeppuku's Gamercard
Quote:

Feonyx
Feonyx you are the man!!! Y worked much better than X cheers.

Hit Y and LB and did 13 combo, till he teleported then hit Y, X, X, X, X then LB and got 34 combo.

Mega Kudos!
Old 02-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #17
Saluki 00

Saluki 00's Gamercard
30x Combo

I did it on Ruffin' It.

Get to Discy, get him alone so the others don't screw up your combo, then hit him (hopefully he blocks) w/ X. Spam the X button until Bolt strikes 2x, then spam the LB until Bolt uses his Laser Eyes, and again, spam X until Bolt strikes 2x, and repeat. I found if I tried to hit him more than 2x, he would hit me, and I wasn't good enough to only be able to hit him once, and spamming the buttons was the only way I could do it. Good luck, easy once you get the picture.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:58 AM   #18
Kyanite

Send a message via AIM to Kyanite Send a message via Yahoo to Kyanite

RCPD Zombie's Gamercard
Quote:

Feonyx
This is how I got it. I used until I got to about five or six hits and then held down until Calico teleported. When he came back, I did the exact same thing and got a 42 hit combo. With the method described in the first post, I always either got hit, killed the guy when he didn't block, or knock him or a cliff. Oh well, I got the K, so I'm happy.

100% Arcade Achievement Completion: 23
Kyanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #19
gtogsx

gtogsx's Gamercard
Hey thanks for the tip. I gave Calico a few tries but failed and tried this method it worked perfectly! Once the guy with the bomb frisbees appeared, I attacked him til he started to block and went with "X', "X", "LB" (Laser Eye) to get the combo. This one should be replaced with the one in the guide.

gtogsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #20
TommyGun81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanite View Post
This is how I got it. I used until I got to about five or six hits and then held down until Calico teleported. When he came back, I did the exact same thing and got a 42 hit combo. With the method described in the first post, I always either got hit, killed the guy when he didn't block, or knock him or a cliff. Oh well, I got the K, so I'm happy.
Hit a +70 combo that way...easy!!! Thx
TommyGun81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:57 AM   #21
Isanox
Banned User

isanox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGun81 View Post
Hit a +70 combo that way...easy!!! Thx
Same here. Thanks
Isanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:23 AM   #22
TimespliTT

splittmark's Gamercard
after trying it on the boss and failing 100 times i can safety say that Never, NOT ONCE, did the counter continue after he knocked me, NOT ONCE. . the highest i could get was 27. and when he jumps away and comes back down it also restarts OR i shoot the pod(or im to far away to continue it)

i will try the Y method

edit: ok im back: OK i tried the Y method. and i think it lets you glitch into more. i just spent the last 20 minutes trying Y LB then Id always go to far or continue to laser. and id land on the ground going back to 1x. but in one attempt i landed right next to him as he landed at it allowed me to continue. so i think you HAVE to be real quick or in the right moment to continue.

Last edited by TimespliTT; 07-15-2010 at 05:56 AM.
TimespliTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #23
Actiionz

Admired's Gamercard

For those who keep running out of energy when trying to go for the 30 hit combo, just use the cheat codes. It helps a whole lot and doesnt disable achievements
Old 08-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #24
mikemc

mcfly800's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actiionz View Post
For those who keep running out of energy when trying to go for the 30 hit combo, just use the cheat codes. It helps a whole lot and doesnt disable achievements
that's what i'm talking about!

"People will be more persuaded by the depth of your convictions than the height of your logic."
mikemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:09 AM   #25
I ash I cfc

I Dreamz I cFc's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Thanks man helped a lot
I ash I cfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:03 AM   #26
ProjectSix

Send a message via MSN to ProjectSix

ProjectSix's Gamercard
Thanks, this was a lot easier than the final boss method in the guide
Old 01-15-2011, 03:19 AM   #27
BmGz vSlAyEr

CONKER1182's Gamercard
thanks man just got the achievement now. the strategy with the final boss was too hard.
BmGz vSlAyEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:59 PM   #28
rogue79

Pirat79's Gamercard
easy 30x combo

worked great for me also got it first try with this post thanks
rogue79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #29
sjmleicester

Send a message via MSN to sjmleicester

Sir Simon Mally's Gamercard
End Boss level. This does work a treat. Thanks for that.

sjmleicester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #30
elmuziko

elmuziko's Gamercard
The Y trick with the end boss guy worked for me. Stuck on this achievement for some time but yes I found it glitched and was able to knock up a massive combo using Y instead of X

Thanks
elmuziko is offline   Reply With Quote