PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Marathon: Durandal
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-03-2007, 03:00 AM   #1
Pyroman31

Send a message via AIM to Pyroman31

pyroman31's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

This guide was written by pyroman31. With alittle help from Six to Eight.

SEVEN
7 Get seven fist kills in the game.

Easily done by just playing on the first level with fists pumping. Just go through with your fists out and punch any aliens you see. You'll get it really quickly.

Bob-B-Q
14 They're Everywhere!

For this, you have to kill 77 Bobs. Those are the guys that are helping you, usually, at the beginning of a level. Just play the first level and kill a bunch. Then die and respawn and do it all over again until you recieve this. Thanks to Six to Eight for the info.

11th Clan of the S'pht
27 Venture into the Citadel and learn the secrets of the S'pht.

Just beat the level "6000 Feet Under" on Citadel. You will receive the achievement upon completion. Can be done in Co-op over XBL.

Pfhor the Win
42Complete the Single player game in any difficulty.

Just like it says, beat the single player game. Doesn't matter what difficulty.

Tastes Like Chicken
10 Get 20 Tozt-7 kills in a Multiplayer game.

The Tozt-7 is the flamethrower. To get this easily just sign in a guest and start a split-screen match. Set the weapon to Flamethrowers Only and first to 20 kills wins. Just go around the map and roast your guest account 20 times and you should get the achievement when the postgame lobby shows up.

Pfhor Score and Seven Years Ago
10 Win a Multiplayer game.

Just go into Xbox Live, play a match, and of course, win. Or you can invite a friend and just have them let you win. You can even just play a split-screen match and beat your guest.

I'm Invincible!
10 Kill an invincible opponent with the Fusion Pistol in a Multiplayer game.

Once again, sign in a guest and start a split-screen game. Set the map to Lack of Vision, set the weapons to Fusion Pistol Only, and start the game. Have the guest account get the fuzzy ball to make them 'Invincible', then just shoot them with the Fusion Pistol a couple of times and you should get it right then and there.

Make Someone Pay
10 Get 20 Rocket Launcher kills in a Multiplayer game.

See "Tastes Like Chicken". But instead of Flamethrowers Only, set it to Rocket Launchers Only.

Bigger Guns Nearby
14 Find the Assault Rifle in a Single player or Co-Op Game, it will let you kill more Pfhor.

Just go through the single player game on the easiest difficulty and you should find it very early on. About after the first level...

Hats off to 819
21 The secret of 2401 lies within.

This may sound hard but you have to read every single terminal in the single player game. These level overviews will help you out nicely. This doesn't have to be done in one playthrough. You can play multiple times and try to find ones you missed...

VidMaster
35I give no secrets.

It's funner, and probably easier, if done in co-op. (Should also take a only a couple hours if you have already played through the game)

You may choose to start from the halfway point (Level 18 - The Big House) and finish up through level 28.

All bobs, aside from evil bobs, have to be dead upon level completion. If they teleport out, that's still fine.

Every switch needs to be either A) Punched with fist, B) Shot with Assault Rifle's Grenade, or C) Shot with fusion pistol. DO NOT USE/ACTIVE THEM NORMALY, NEVER EVER. To press 'A' is not to punch.

And of course, just beat it on Total Carnage. After all this, you will get a neat gamerpic. Thanks to Six to Eight for that.

World Domination
0You want to join the 7th Column?

This is a viral achievement. One person started with it and it has spread from there. To get it you must kill someone who has the achievement. Just play some xbox live games and you'll get it. You don't have to win. You'll get the achievement in the post-game lobby. Can be done in private or player match.

Alright that should do it. Please post on what I can do to make it better...this is my first try at this. I also did all this while I am waiting for my 30yrs of Franchise in Madden 06.

Last edited by Pyroman31; 08-16-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Pyroman31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:05 AM   #2
Krueger

Send a message via AIM to Krueger Send a message via MSN to Krueger Send a message via Yahoo to Krueger

Krueger x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Third Place   Submit - Gold   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
how do u get the the world domination one, other than that its a sweet guide
Old 08-03-2007, 03:12 AM   #3
Pyroman31

pyroman31's Gamercard

Haha forgot about that one. I put it up there for you. And thanks!

Old 08-03-2007, 05:29 AM   #4
Gr4FFiTTi

Send a message via AIM to Gr4FFiTTi

Gr4FFiTTi's Gamercard
http://marathon.bungie.org/spoiler/m2/index.shtml

very useful site...
Gr4FFiTTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:40 AM   #5
zFerus

Send a message via AIM to zFerus Send a message via MSN to zFerus Send a message via Yahoo to zFerus

zFerus's Gamercard
Nicely done Pyroman. Thx for the info!
zFerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:53 AM   #6
II Limpy II

Limpy v2's Gamercard
I never recieved the 0 point one though! I got all the onlien ones but not this. I am at the level before the one with the achievement for citadel or something. The one with rising water is hard! I hate when the aliens appear outta nowhere! Thanks though.
II Limpy II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:59 AM   #7
Demon Ninja

Demon Ninja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Do you have to do all the vidmaster requirements in one go or can you do it sepretly?
Old 08-03-2007, 10:30 AM   #8
Willyummm

wait for the switches is it punch all the ones you use or punch every single one in the game? Because some switches ( like the one in the first level on the back of the left hand switch in the beginning) can't be reached by fists... can they?
Willyummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:12 PM   #9
Pyroman31

pyroman31's Gamercard

For the VidMaster, I am still trying to confirm this...I just got that info from Six to Eight. As for the World Domination...I don't know what to tell you. I got it on my first game on XBL...Maybe it's one of those "Play a Bungie Employee"...

Old 08-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #10
A Pharmacist

A Pharmacist's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroman31 View Post
For the VidMaster, I am still trying to confirm this...I just got that info from Six to Eight. As for the World Domination...I don't know what to tell you. I got it on my first game on XBL...Maybe it's one of those "Play a Bungie Employee"...
Hey guys first post... world domination is a viral achievement. One person started with it and it has spread from there. To get it you must kill someone who has the achievement.
A Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:41 PM   #11
Pyroman31

pyroman31's Gamercard

Alright thanks Pharmacist I will add that now.

Old 08-04-2007, 05:11 AM   #12
Saracin

Send a message via AIM to Saracin Send a message via MSN to Saracin Send a message via Yahoo to Saracin

saracin's Gamercard
I believe its the Play someone from Bungie one for World Domination. They are called the 7th Column. There might have been one and you don't even know it. Play this enough online and you'll probably get it.

Saracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:23 AM   #13
zFerus

Send a message via AIM to zFerus Send a message via MSN to zFerus Send a message via Yahoo to zFerus

zFerus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pharmacist View Post
Hey guys first post... world domination is a viral achievement. One person started with it and it has spread from there. To get it you must kill someone who has the achievement.
My buddy and I traded the online achievements the day the game came out and we both got it at the same time. We had never played online with a different person before that, so that can't be true at least that’s not how we got it. It just give it to us and the end of the game.

Last edited by zFerus; 08-04-2007 at 06:26 AM.
zFerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:42 PM   #14
Six to Eight

Six to Eight's Gamercard
Good guide! I found a bit more helpful information out, because some things were still too vague for me - this should make things much easier for people trying to get these achievments.

VidMaster - It's funner, and probably easier, if done in co-op. (Should also take a only a couple hours if you have already played through the game)

You may choose to start from the halfway point (Level 18 - The Big House) and finish up through level 28.

All bobs, aside from evil bobs, have to be dead upon level completion. If they teleport out, that is fine.

Every switch THAT YOU CHOOSE TO USE needs to be either A) Punched with fist, B) Shot with Assault Rifle's Grenade, or C) Shot with fusion pistol. DO NOT USE/ACTIVE THEM NORMALY, NEVER EVER. To press 'A' is not to punch.

And of course, just beat it on Total Carnage, and that's the sum of what VidMaster truly is... and you get a neat gamer icon after completing this achievment.

World Domination - The viral achievement, anyone who was registered with the bungie community I believe had the virus upon the release and purchase of the game *shrug* so I heard.

Bob-B-Q - It should be on a harder difficulty, so that the bobs are less effective, and the enemies kill you quicker.

All the online achievments can be done in a private match, with a split-screen guest logged in.

Hats off to 819 - we should really get a list of the terminals for people cause it's a daunting task, and is this achievment done in one playthrough, or can it be done over multiple?

I'm Invincible! - Invincibility can also be found on the multiplayer map: Shanori-La.

And don't mistake invisibility as invincibility. You want the one that looks like a broken fuzzy TV Sphere.

Id also mention these two links somewhere nice and bold for people:
http://traxus.jjaro.net/traxus/Marathon_2
http://marathon.bungie.org/spoiler/m2/index.shtml

And to be fair, Sniper Lobster deserves credit as well for the achievements I recieved credit on. ;P

Last edited by Six to Eight; 08-04-2007 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Grammar nazi
Six to Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:46 AM   #15
AnimeCommander

AnimeCommander's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by zFerus View Post
My buddy and I traded the online achievements the day the game came out and we both got it at the same time. We had never played online with a different person before that, so that can't be true at least that’s not how we got it. It just give it to us and the end of the game.

I don't know what the deal is with that. I think you just have to finish an online match, nothing special. Also, you might want to change you text color so it's easier to read.

If you would like to give me a hand with any of the following, please PM me here
or send me a message on Live.

- Halo Wars -:- Online points -:- One person found, more preferred

- Robotron 2084 -:- CO-OP, Versus, CO-OP Master -:- Need someone
AnimeCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:11 AM   #16
Six to Eight

Six to Eight's Gamercard
The viral achievement has to be passed on through a public game, not a private game.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #17
Patches709

Patches709's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six to Eight View Post
Hats off to 819 - we should really get a list of the terminals for people cause it's a daunting task, and is this achievment done in one playthrough, or can it be done over multiple?
It can be done over multiple playthroughs.

Also, for the Vidmaster achievement, you can use your shotgun to activate the switches (and I'd be willing to bet that the Rocket Launcher and alien weapon are safe to use on switches as well).

Last edited by Patches709; 08-05-2007 at 03:04 PM.
Patches709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:47 PM   #18
Tai_MT

Send a message via AIM to Tai_MT Send a message via MSN to Tai_MT

YouGotOwned12's Gamercard
Cool

I got the viral achievement through a "Private Game". I got it after quitting out of a Co-Op game.

Though, my gamertag is registered with Bungie, so I may have gotten it in this fashion.

And me and my friend killed each other on a couple occasions, both by accident and on purpose.

Don't know if that clarifies anything. But "World Domination" can be gotten through a "Private Game".

"It's worth remembering that all reviews are subjective personal opinions and if you personally enjoy the game, then they shouldn't get to you. Unless there's a dispicable nagging little doubt in the back of your mind that maybe you're not having as much fun as you've convinced yourself you're having. And won't go away no matter how many times you try to slap it away with weak excuses."
Tai_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:23 AM   #19
Six to Eight

Six to Eight's Gamercard
Perhaps it can be, but for the people ive boosted it for, works everytime in public so...
Old 08-08-2007, 07:28 PM   #20
Pyroman31

pyroman31's Gamercard

Alright guys I updated the guide with all the new info. Thanks to all that helped.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:33 AM   #21
Tai_MT

Send a message via AIM to Tai_MT Send a message via MSN to Tai_MT

YouGotOwned12's Gamercard
Cool

Alright, I'm missing some terminals.

I know which ones as well.

The guides I've looked at say that on level 11, there are FIVE terminals to look at.

I walked through there and only was able to read three of them.

The other two wouldn't work when I pushed the button, and I tried a TON of times.

So what am I doing wrong?

How do I read the rest of the terminals in this area?

Also, for terminals...

Do Pattern Buffers count, or can I ignore those?

"It's worth remembering that all reviews are subjective personal opinions and if you personally enjoy the game, then they shouldn't get to you. Unless there's a dispicable nagging little doubt in the back of your mind that maybe you're not having as much fun as you've convinced yourself you're having. And won't go away no matter how many times you try to slap it away with weak excuses."
Tai_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:47 PM   #22
ThrillKillBill

ThrillKillBill's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
It should be noted in the guide that you can get "11th Clan of the S'pht" in online co-op with friends
ThrillKillBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:51 PM   #23
Pyroman31

pyroman31's Gamercard

The terminals that are not readable are indeed that...not readable. So those aren't the ones you are missing.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:41 AM   #24
Link2430

Saulbak's Gamercard
Sucks that you can't save in co-op...oh well.
Link2430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:59 PM   #25
TheRoadHead

theroadhead's Gamercard
can all the campaign achievements be done in online co op?
TheRoadHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:08 AM   #26
AnimeCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadHead View Post
can all the campaign achievements be done in online co op?
Yes, they can. If I recall correctly, almost all the achievements can be done in one co-op play through.

If you would like to give me a hand with any of the following, please PM me here

Old 04-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #27
Cheesegod

Send a message via AIM to Cheesegod

Cheeseg0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeCommander View Post
Yes, they can. If I recall correctly, almost all the achievements can be done in one co-op play through.
Yes, all except the Bigger Guns Nearby achievement. But if you have trouble getting that one yourself, then I dont even know what to say
Cheesegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:54 PM   #28
baylxr

petrisaurusrex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
why isn't this a sticky?
baylxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:53 AM   #29
BenderIsKing

BenderIsKing's Gamercard
what is up with vidmaster, i mean who figures out that kind of stuff. It's so complicated.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:32 PM   #30
AnimeCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegod View Post
Yes, all except the Bigger Guns Nearby achievement. But if you have trouble getting that one yourself, then I dont even know what to say
"Bigger Guns Nearby" can be done in Co-op. My guest/boosting profile got it when I first tried offline Co-op for VidMaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenderIsKing View Post
what is up with vidmaster, i mean who figures out that kind of stuff. It's so complicated.
How do you mean? The "VidMaster Challenge" was from when the game came out originally, so the requirements were pretty obvious. Then people do less and less (or screw up a bit); and it gets known what little you are actually required to do.