PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Marathon: Durandal
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-05-2007, 06:57 AM   #1
Smokez

Send a message via AIM to Smokez Send a message via MSN to Smokez

Smokez v2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Sick

I don't know about you guys but this game makes me sick. I get a really bad headache and makes me wanna throw up. Am I the only one who is getting this or no? This is the first game to ever make me sick and it's ruined my gamerscore. I regret playing this game and I have to so I can fix it.

Smokez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
ThrillKillBill

ThrillKillBill's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
your not the first i've heard say it. E-tron and stinkyfire both swear it makes them sick but i actually enjoy the game alot. kinda weird through how some of you are getting sick
ThrillKillBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #3
Six to Eight

Six to Eight's Gamercard
I've heard alot about this, my only suggestion is this...

Turn down sensitivity, to about 1/3 of a full bar, if you turn slower the 60 FPS will feel a bit less, it kinda messes with me but it's not so bad at lower sensitivity.
Six to Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:03 AM   #4
aussie_warrior117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six to Eight View Post
I've heard alot about this, my only suggestion is this...

Turn down sensitivity, to about 1/3 of a full bar, if you turn slower the 60 FPS will feel a bit less, it kinda messes with me but it's not so bad at lower sensitivity.
He's right the version on Mac was like 30fps and this version is 60fps. I played a bit, the controller dropped out of my hands because I felt I had no control of my body. First time to happen to me with a game.
aussie_warrior117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:03 PM   #5
HAHAyurDEAD

HAHAyurDEAD's Gamercard
I guess this is why my head was hurting the other night when I went to bed. I downloaded the game and played it for a while and then my head starts hurting. I start sucking down Advil Liquid Gels and continue playing. My head starts hurting so bad I had to go lay down. Even my roommate says is makes his eyes and head ache. This is the first time I have ever had this happen with a game before.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:45 AM   #6
Turninpoint

Turninpoint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The only thing that makes me sick, is how I get this "duh" lost feeling in the game. One minute I'm sure where I should be going and the next I'm back where I started. The map isn't all that great, since it doesn't show what level ur on. This game will give you a headache 4 sure!!!!!!
Turninpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:06 AM   #7
nightmare975

JGBeagle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I just couldn't play this game. But yeah, the 60fps is what's making it get people sick.

I'm so glad I downloaded the trial game now.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:54 AM   #8
codedigital

Send a message via AIM to codedigital

Code x3h's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
IGN even said it made them sick. I'm scared to try it and bring back my FPS sickness issues.
codedigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:51 PM   #9
II Limpy II

Limpy v2's Gamercard
I only got one headache out of the many times I have played it now, even though I get migraines all the time. I am almost done the game lol. I am at about level 25 I think. This game is really tough near the end.
II Limpy II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:38 PM   #10
The Wicker Man

Dalek Prime's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
This has been heavily discussed on joystiq and fanboy. Cut camera bob off in options menu. Adjust fps if that helps. If you can play prey you will have no trouble with this game. This is getting a bit overhyped. Try using a motion sickness med over the counter helps my friend out. sorry ur tum tum hurtz good game though

THX DAN!

"I have no money, no resources, no hopes. I am the happiest man alive." - Henry Miller

Madden 06, Eragon, TMNT, College Hoops 2k6, Fuzion Frenzy 2, NBA 2k6, Elder Scrolls IV, Fight Night Round 3, Shadowrun, Scene It? LCA!, Lost: Via Domus,New Rally x, Galaga, TMNT' 89, UNO, Crystal Quest, 3D ultra mini golf, Carcassonne, Band of Bugs(250), Golden Axe, Bomberman Live, Gauntlet, Spyglass Boardgames, Arkadian Warriors, Puzzle Quest(250), Undertow, BattleField:1943
The Wicker Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #11
Exane22

Exane22's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Ive played twice so far, first time i played i felt sick. Last night though was fine, i trucked through the first couple of levels no problem. Its weird but i think the constant spinning around and the no sense of direction what so ever is what made me sick. Anyways now i just have to get the weak sauce members of the DT back playing
Old 08-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #12
Wolf
Banned User

I try to save this game for the end of my lineup because it brings about this result. I really can't play anything after Marathon; no Forza, no Spyglass, no nothing. And whoever compared this to Prey needs to go into the corner.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:24 PM   #13
codedigital

Send a message via AIM to codedigital

Code x3h's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
My buddy called everyone a "pussy" for getting sick.

Then decides to buy the game....calls me an hour later saying he was sick.
codedigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:28 PM   #14
Vampire x360a

Send a message via MSN to Vampire x360a

D3AD ROMANC3's Gamercard
yeh trial game gave me a headache to, it wierd cause i never get headaches when playing videogames !
Vampire x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:58 PM   #15
OMGIZZLEZ

I MaXiMaL I's Gamercard
Yeah i downloaded the demo and got a headache also. I had to stop playing the game.
OMGIZZLEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:51 PM   #16
Pyroman31

Send a message via AIM to Pyroman31

pyroman31's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yea when I downloaded it, I played it non-stop. Got really sick. Couldn't even go to work the next day, or the day after that, or the day after that. It might have been just a coincidence cuz it was the flu.

Pyroman31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:25 AM   #17
omegamustard

Send a message via AIM to omegamustard Send a message via Yahoo to omegamustard

OmegaMustard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
one of my friends says it gives him motion sickness, but the only thing that gets me is how easy it is to get lost.

omegamustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:32 AM   #18
Smellofwetdog

Send a message via MSN to Smellofwetdog

Smellofwetdog's Gamercard
I've heard of this also, but haven't experienced it myself. I played through both marathon and durandal on mac, and got halfway through infinity before it fried my brain and I quit lol. My point being I kinda knew what I was getting into. marathon is unique in the world of fps because it was one of the few games that moved the world around you instead of you around the world... or that's what I've heard from developers. So that motion sick feeling you get is actually because that's really what's going on... funny how you can't really trick the brain even when you're trying to. I just suck it up, but then again I don't get motion sick even when I try so... I dunno. Hope you guys come around... the story on these games is better than halos lol, well worth it.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:32 PM   #19
Tai_MT

Send a message via AIM to Tai_MT Send a message via MSN to Tai_MT

YouGotOwned12's Gamercard
Cool

The game does make me sick when I play it for too long. I start to feel nausious and like I'm not in my own body. At which point, I switch games or watch TV for a while.

It's only too bad I need a few more achievements in the game in order to not just fix my gamerscore, but to be completely done with it.

Well, someday I'll recruit someone to help me boost in it or find the courage and motion-sickness medicine in order to not get sick while playing. Ha ha.

"It's worth remembering that all reviews are subjective personal opinions and if you personally enjoy the game, then they shouldn't get to you. Unless there's a dispicable nagging little doubt in the back of your mind that maybe you're not having as much fun as you've convinced yourself you're having. And won't go away no matter how many times you try to slap it away with weak excuses."
Tai_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:45 PM   #20
Cheesegod

Send a message via AIM to Cheesegod

Cheeseg0d's Gamercard
You guys do know that there was a title update with a new view angle that can help with people feeling motion sickness, right? You should try it out. I never felt sick playing the game but I know other people that have and when they tried the new view angle it helped them immensely.
Cheesegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #21
Oldeez

ozone3000's Gamercard
i dont get sick...i think its an interesting alternative and is fun...though i hav spent hours upon hours trying to fix my gs....so many rules to these achievements

100% Retail: Oblivion, Amped 3, Fuzoin Frenzy 2, Avatar: TLA: TBE, TMNT, Madden 08, Fifa 06 RTFWC, Halo 3, Gun, Fable 2, Fight Night Round 3

100% Arcade: Undertow, Pocketbike Racer, Dash of Destruction

Oldeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:59 PM   #22
XxmartmanxX

XxmartmanxX's Gamercard
I haven't gotten sick, but I've heard of people that have. When you start up the game, it does give you a motion sickness warning.
XxmartmanxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:59 PM   #23
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
It doesn't make me sick lol.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:09 AM   #24
jayson583

jayson583's Gamercard
there are plenty of warning in the game that mention how the alterations in the graphics may make people neuseus and it goes on to warn if you experience these syptoms you can shut off the new graphics and they should go away, if not turn off the game and possibly consult a docter
--------------------
4=Retail games complete=4
--------------------
halo 3 (1250/1250)
tomb raider legend (1000/1000)
tomb raider underworld (1000/1000)
spider web of shadows (1000/1000)

----------------------
5=Arcade games complete=5
----------------------
dig dug (200/200)
dash of destruction (200/200)
the maw (210/230)
battlefield: 1943 (200/200)
castle crashers (200/200)
jayson583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:38 AM   #25
UCB Disco

Disco Penguins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
This game definitely makes me feel nauseous. I also get this sharp pain behind my eyes, which might be the main cause of my nausea.

It's really weird, because my wife says she's always had problems with FPSs making her dizzy and sick. However, I play pretty much every FPS I can, since it tends to be a very fun genre for me. Even with that, there's something about this game that makes me feel really bad.

UCB Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #26
Craigpremium

never felt sick playing this game, im really suprised of how many people are saying the same stuff
Craigpremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #27
Sidanto

Sidanto's Gamercard
Yeah, I gave up on it as well as it makes me feel sick.
Just managed to get my gamerscore slightly fixed...
I may not have all the achievements on it but this is too much for my head to take...
Sidanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #28
Tammy Tee

tammy tee's Gamercard
Barf o rama

It doesn't give me a headache but it makes me VERY motion sick when I play it and when I watch someone else play it's twice as bad. I have all but 5 achievements and those I got in short intervals...very hard to play this game for very long at all.
Tammy Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #29
Terra Branford

I'm wondering about this "new view angle" mentioned up above, that combats the motion sickness... I played this with my buddy so we could both get our gamerscore fixed (I hate when my gamerscore doesn't end in a 0 or a 5), and while he didn't get the least bit sick, I actually got to the point of nearly throwing up before we beat the first half of the game together.

I want to be able to finish getting the rest of the achievements for this game, and it does seem like it could be a lot of fun... but I can't play it for long, before I start to feel ill.
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote